Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 09:49:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  About Axl going on at a later time
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: About Axl going on at a later time  (Read 7022 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: August 14, 2006, 02:57:19 PM »

Since everyone knows Axl likes to take stage around 1030 or 11 why dont the managers just the opening bands player longer sets? That why there is less down time and people wont get as pissy

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 02:58:57 PM »

They could go on later as well...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 03:00:05 PM »

i think that they just have a layover time for axl to get himself psyched up...and nobody knows when he's gonna be ready so they wait....Axl isn't the only guy to do this though...i saw vince neil on the weekend and he was 45 minutes late...he also took a shit load of oxygen breaks too one was for like 10 minutes while the band jammed and sang a couple tunes...

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 03:00:53 PM »

Or they could print on the ticket that the band will go on at 11, so people who don't scope out GNR message boards or aren't huge fan boys like all of us would know not to arrive at 7 expecting to see them at 9.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 03:01:10 PM »

Since everyone knows Axl likes to take stage around 1030 or 11 why dont the managers just the opening bands player longer sets? That why there is less down time and people wont get as pissy

Because most venues, especially here in the US have strict time caps on when a show has to end. ?Axl is going to have to get a little better with the time thing so we don't have 2002 all over again with cancelled shows and major riots. ?Some venues just don't care if he will pay the fines or not they will just cancel the show. ?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 03:01:40 PM »

Or they could print on the ticket that the band will go on at 11, so people who don't scope out GNR message boards or aren't huge fan boys like all of us would know not to arrive at 7 expecting to see them at 9.

cuz then people will show up @ 12 and miss the show hihi

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 03:04:48 PM »

?Some venues just don't care if he will pay the fines or not they will just cancel the show. ?

Like when they shut down Vancouver when axl was trying to make it over, still in the air.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 03:05:09 PM »

cuz then people will show up @ 12 and miss the show hihi

haha, I think he will do a little better with this on the US leg....like I said above so we don't have 2002 all over....I knew better when I saw them at Hammerstein and went to the bar around the corner until 10:45 before even bothering to go in because I had NO interest in Bullet for my Valentine.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 04:15:08 PM »

Quite a few of the venues Guns played recently in the UK had a history of having extremely strict curfews, but it seemed that some negotiations had gone on to extend these. No-one pulled the plug at Hammersmith.

Maybe Axl and the management will try a similar thing in the US? Huh

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 05:34:36 PM »

Feck em, like they are gonna try turn the plug off on W. Axl Rose.

At Manchester Towers of London were an hour late, BFMV were an hour late and GNR were 2 hours late.

That time helps to promote boredom amongst hot young females, thus resulting in boobie shows.
SlashxDelonge1458
Banned
Headliner

Gunner Lies

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 05:40:43 PM »

It's fine, it's Axl Rose...he does whatever he wants, you know that  hihi

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 05:41:02 PM »

I think that Axl starts to think about going on once the booing starts. He wants us to be psyched up, uneasy, on edge

Here today...ready to rock
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 06:23:19 PM »

Quite a few of the venues Guns played recently in the UK had a history of having extremely strict curfews, but it seemed that some negotiations had gone on to extend these. No-one pulled the plug at Hammersmith.

Maybe Axl and the management will try a similar thing in the US? Huh

Maybe....but at least the venues pretty much know now that he is actually going to show up after showing up at all the European gigs so either way it's going in the right direction.  A venue might not be so likely to pull the plug now knowing he has attended all his shows for months on end all over Europe...

I also think it amuses him now to some degree to be late more than the fact that he can't actually get there on time...personally I am used to it so it doesn't bother me in the least, it's just that I wind up being a lot more drunk than I intended to be by the time they get on Tongue
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 06:27:52 PM »

if gnr starts at 11-11:30, i dont think its that big of deal

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 06:32:12 PM »

The thing about Axl going on late, is, aside from annoying some people, it builds anticipation.  Everyone is waiting and waiting and waiting, getting sick of waiting, or expecting him to come on any second.  The tension builds.  Then he finally comes on and it's like... boom!

People say it's for him to get in the right state of mind, and I don't really doubt this, but I think more than anything else, Axl knows it's a smart way to get a crowd full of energy.   I saw David Copperfield when I was like 12 years old or so, and I remember he did the same thing.  I talked to one of his roadies, and he said he did it on purpose, to build up the crowd's anticipation.

Coincidentally, that same night, I remember hearing a woman behind me say something like, "You think this wait is long?  I had to wait like four hours for Guns N' Roses to hit the stage"  (the was the first I remember ever hearing about Guns N' Roses)

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 09:44:10 PM »

I always thought they should do that too but I think then the venue would be fined for scheduling a show that late instead of just the band being fined

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 09:51:40 PM »

Axl needs to watch pissed off fans booing him on camera. It's a vital need.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 10:57:27 PM »

Axl needs to watch pissed off fans booing him on camera. It's a vital need.

rofl? rofl? rofl? Actually, that cracks me up!? When I walked into the Hammerstein I felt like a kid at the Wonka Factory!? I fucking bounded up the stairs to the 2nd mezzanine happily screaming obscenities!? I just laughed thinking about how the hell Axl views crazy assholes like me.? ?Grin

PS I forgot to add, punctuality is for work and family responsibilities, not, I repeat not, for rock concerts!  I get so pissed when I see people bitching about GNR going on 1 or 2 hours late.  Goddamn, quit your bitching!  Have an adventure for one damn night of your life!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 11:00:30 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 08:07:02 AM »

Maybe everybody else is early?  Tongue

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2006, 08:18:26 AM »

I don't think people would like to hear the opening act for a longer time.
Especially with a band like Bullet.

I think anythinggoes would have gone mad if he had to listen to them for 2 hours lol. Grin

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: