Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:10:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Ledger's Joker to take on Batman
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ledger's Joker to take on Batman  (Read 21428 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2006, 10:56:40 PM »

Batman Begins was one of the worst movies I watched last year.

Christian Bale is about as charismatic as a flip flop. Horrible movie and I agree with Izzy.... what are they thinking?

I like Heath Ledger but "The Joker"

I dont see it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2006, 11:24:01 PM »

Just....laughable

They already made this film in '89 - and that film was fantastic - is Hollywood really so creatively bankrupt?!?

Why would anyone want to see a remake of a film thats already just about perfect?

I agree with you that the '89 Batman film is great, one of my all time favorites. But this isn't a remake, Batman Begins has nothing to do with the previous four. It's a brand new interpretation. I liked this one better than the previous two(Batman Forever and Batman & Robin) but I still have mixed feelings about it. Christian Bale seems too cocky as Bruce Wayne and tries too hard to be scary as Batman. I hope this sequel will be better.

Please tell me you are kidding.  All of the batman movies (minus batman begins) were just god awful.

but i have my issues with batman begins too.  it shouldn't be that hard to make a good superman/batman movie....spiderman has 2 solid movies with a really good looking teaser trailer for #3.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SuperMike
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2006, 02:13:37 AM »

No, I am not kidding, I'm allowed to have my own opinion. I don't think any of the Bat' movies were horrible but they're are ones that I don't think are good as others. The one from 1989 is my favorite and Michael Keaton is my favorite Batman. What I liked about Batman Begins was how Bruce's parent's weren't killed by The Joker so maybe he'll be in more than one sequel.
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 04:57:27 AM »

Oh come on, heath ledger may be funny looking but hes no joker.
I can see Jim Carrey making a really god joker for some reason.

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 12:15:07 AM »

heres a pic of the new Joker

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1194/clearjokerdb2.jpg
GeraldFord
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 12:25:22 AM »

Shocked

WTF is that? Is that Heath Ledger or Madonna Wayne Gacy?
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2007, 12:44:06 AM »

i loved Batman Begins. D and Izzy are seriously the first people i've encountered who didn't like that movie. i have been a Batman fan since i was a kid and this movie captured him perfectly. its easily the best of the Batman movies. The four movies were either too campy(Batman Forever, Batman and Robin) or too dark (Batman, Batman Returns), and they were just so hard to take seriously. for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Nolan has chosen to take the middleground between these two extremes and also make the story more realistic and believable.

i have faith in Heath Ledger as well as Christopher Nolan and co. i'm sure this movie will be awesome.

Izzy, the first movie was okay but as someone stated earlier it wasnt true to the comics at all.

Batman killing villains/bad guys is just absurd, it makes him just as bad as they are.

Most of batman's villains in the other movies were way too campy and one dimensional, like Two face and Riddler etc.

Ledger's take on joker is said to be much much deeper and will truly exbibit how sick and twisted the joker really is. I think part of the story and the interpretation of the Joker will come from the comic "The Killing Joke", when the Joker shoots barbera gordon (commisioner gordon's daughter) and paralyzes here and takes the commisioner hostage and attempts to drive him crazy by showing him naked pictures of Barbera tied up etc.  among other fucked up things.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:54:46 AM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 02:13:02 AM »

Is the Joker's look really a surprise to anyone? Nolan spelled it out pretty much immediately after Begins came out. The idea has even been ripped off in the comic book recently;

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/003589913.cfm?popup=1

The movie version is looking good. Glad they've gone back to the original inspiration for the character.
GeraldFord
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 02:39:14 AM »

I loved Batman Begins.

That said, I think, thus far, my favorite Batman film was Batman Returns, which I felt was the most underrated film in the Burton/Shusucker series. It was very dark, very Burton.

I liked the '89 Batman film but thought it was somewhat overrrated. Batman Forever and Batman and Robin sucked balls. WB shouldn't have let Burton go.

Here's how I rate the films

Batman Returns A+
Batman Begins A
Batman B+
Batman Forever C-
Batman and Robin F
badapple81
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 04:27:56 AM »

Batman Begins was awesome! I can't wait for the next one.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 05:38:19 AM »

Shocked

Did you do that on Windows Vista?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2007, 08:55:30 AM »

Batman Returns A+
Batman Begins A
Batman B+
Batman Forever C-
Batman and Robin F

You'd really rate Oscar Cobblepot Goes To Washington over Batman Begins? Really really? Michelle Pfeiffer in a vinyl cat-suit is absolutely one of the greatest things ever committed to film but beyond that and Christopher Walken the movie is pretty much crap. I'd say both Burton movies are over-rated and have aged horribly, the only thing they have going for them is that they aren't the Schumaker  movies.
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2007, 09:16:39 AM »

Shocked

Are you talking about the picture? It originated here; http://ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/
It's gone now though. Replaced by a hidden message. December should be interesting.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2007, 09:54:56 AM »

Shocked

Are you talking about the picture? It originated here; http://ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/
It's gone now though. Replaced by a hidden message. December should be interesting.

December? Why what's happening then? Christmas?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2007, 12:06:59 PM »

Shocked

December? Why what's happening then? Christmas?

Teaser trailer

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2007, 12:09:29 PM »

Its good to see they are doing something different with the joker this time around. I think it will be cool. More realistic.

I think you guys shouldn't be so quick to judge.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:24:27 PM by Axlfreek » Logged

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2007, 12:45:16 PM »

Brokeback Mountain star Heath Ledger will play The Joker in the next Batman film, titled The Dark Knight, film studio Warner Brothers has announced.
The Australian actor reprises the role memorably played by Jack Nicholson in 1989's Batman film.

Ledger earned an Oscar nomination as a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain.

British actor Christian Bale will play the Caped Crusader for a second time after last year's Batman Begins, with Christopher Nolan again directing.

Casting challenge

It will be the sixth Batman film since his 1989 return, with Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer and George Clooney having played the role prior to Bale.

The Dark Knight is scheduled to go into production next year.

"Our challenge in casting The Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless," said Memento director Nolan.

"Watching Heath Ledger's interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale's Batman is going to be incredible."

Ledger's other films include The Brothers Grimm, Ned Kelly, Monster's Ball, A Knight's Tale and The Patriot.

Just....laughable

They already made this film in '89 - and that film was fantastic - is Hollywood really so creatively bankrupt?!?

Why would anyone want to see a remake of a film thats already just about perfect?

this isnt going to be a remake of the 1989 film....i dont know why you think it is...the only thing the two have in common is that the Joker is in it.....thats it.....the joker is his main enemy why wouldnt they put him in one of the movies?
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2007, 01:07:34 PM »

Brokeback Mountain star Heath Ledger will play The Joker in the next Batman film, titled The Dark Knight, film studio Warner Brothers has announced.
The Australian actor reprises the role memorably played by Jack Nicholson in 1989's Batman film.

Ledger earned an Oscar nomination as a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain.

British actor Christian Bale will play the Caped Crusader for a second time after last year's Batman Begins, with Christopher Nolan again directing.

Casting challenge

It will be the sixth Batman film since his 1989 return, with Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer and George Clooney having played the role prior to Bale.

The Dark Knight is scheduled to go into production next year.

"Our challenge in casting The Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless," said Memento director Nolan.

"Watching Heath Ledger's interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale's Batman is going to be incredible."

Ledger's other films include The Brothers Grimm, Ned Kelly, Monster's Ball, A Knight's Tale and The Patriot.

Just....laughable

this isnt going to be a remake of the 1989 film....i dont know why you think it is...the only thing the two have in common is that the Joker is in it.....thats it.....the joker is his main enemy why wouldnt they put him in one of the movies?

yeah i agree, not only is this NOT a remake, but? it'll be a completely different interpretation of the Joker too.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2007, 09:07:07 PM »

I suppose we'll have to wait and see how good Heath's interpretation is, but to me Jack Nicholson was the perfect Joker.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2007, 09:23:36 PM »

Of course Nicholson did a great job, but i'm happy Heath Ledger isn't looking to just copy him and is trying something different. I dont think Nicholson's Joker would work very well in the new and more realistic approach Nolan has taken for these movies.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: