Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:21:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!  (Read 107417 times)
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #880 on: August 01, 2006, 11:48:15 AM »

Both Wembley shows were great. In fact until Axl was forced to retire sick and let his substitute come on for the last few minutes, Sunday was shaping up to be an even better show than the previous night.

Apart from a couple of minor incidents due to twats in the crowd or the sound people screwing up, this tour was a success. The Americans should be licking their lips in anticipation. beer

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #881 on: August 01, 2006, 05:16:45 PM »

So nevertheless they put up a great show and people enjoyed it, yes? that is of a top priority.

it's a human fuckin' right to be sick and in all sivilized countries it's unacceptable to go to work sick so what the fuck are you talking about???

knowing what kind of night he had on saturday it's fucking impressive he turned up at all!

the question, if you want to be so fuckin' critical, should be: was it a smart move of axl to party all night and hold a extra show at 4,30 in morning before the last gig of the tour?

Agreed on all fronts.
That the guy was sick is a worrying bit. I just hope it's nothing serious and he's alright now.
and (as if I wasn't disorganised Embarrassed ), hope he takes good/better care of himself.

Isn't it also your point, spuddy1?

Let me mind others business for a sec.
As far as I can gather he's been overall a workaholic during this tour. To our delight We've been treated to a flood of pics and gossips about him both on and off stage for a few months. Remember the peace sign? I seriously doubt his partying was just to amuse himself.

too much love kills you. I'm never a fan of the rockn roll bullshit that killed sid vicious, john Bonham, Janis etc.
spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #882 on: August 01, 2006, 05:42:47 PM »

So nevertheless they put up a great show and people enjoyed it, yes? that is of a top priority.

it's a human fuckin' right to be sick and in all sivilized countries it's unacceptable to go to work sick so what the fuck are you talking about???

knowing what kind of night he had on saturday it's fucking impressive he turned up at all!

the question, if you want to be so fuckin' critical, should be: was it a smart move of axl to party all night and hold a extra show at 4,30 in morning before the last gig of the tour?

My point exactly, its ok partying nothing wrong with that but you have to take care of yourself, the guy aint getting any younger, but maybe i was a little pissed at the time, maybe i was right or maybe i was wrong , but one thing im not wrong about is that guns n roses are back, i cant even listen to 2002 anymore but now its seems like 1989 all over again.

Peace out

Agreed on all fronts.
That the guy was sick is a worrying bit. I just hope it's nothing serious and he's alright now.
and (as if I wasn't disorganised Embarrassed ), hope he takes good/better care of himself.

As far as I can gather he's been overall a workaholic during this tour. To our delight We've been treated to a flood of pics and gossips about him both on and off stage for a few months. Remember the peace sign? I seriously doubt his partying was just to amuse himself.

too much love kills you. I'm never a fan of the rockn roll bullshit that killed sid vicious, john Bonham, Janis etc.

spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #883 on: August 01, 2006, 05:46:55 PM »

Agreed on all fronts.

My point exactly  ppbepe , its ok partying nothing wrong with that but you have to take care of yourself, the guy aint getting any younger, but maybe i was a little pissed at the time, maybe i was right or maybe i was wrong , but one thing im not wrong about is that guns n roses are back, i cant even listen to 2002 anymore but now its seems like 1989 all over again.

Peace out

Steel_Angel
« Reply #884 on: August 01, 2006, 07:10:38 PM »

TEH Fuck?!? confused not kewl. whos idea was this?
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #885 on: August 01, 2006, 07:11:28 PM »

It's been posted already, love.  Kiss
Steel_Angel
« Reply #886 on: August 01, 2006, 07:12:17 PM »

O I C
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #887 on: August 01, 2006, 07:15:31 PM »

TEH Fuck?!? confused not kewl.

I was one of them. You're not kewl.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #888 on: August 01, 2006, 07:15:44 PM »

TEH Fuck?!? confused not kewl. whos idea was this?

What's wrong with it? Do you think they're being exploited?
Elrothiel
« Reply #889 on: August 01, 2006, 07:36:40 PM »

Look, at the end of the day people, the dwarves would probably not like all this arguing about whether they're being exploited or not.

They're just smaller than most people, and I'm sure that they don't whinge on and on all the time about being exploited because they're smaller!

I'm pretty sure that only a small percentage of the dwarf population of the world actually worry about the exploitation thing.

AND, I'm also pretty sure that if they felt like they were being exploited, they wouldn't have agreed to go onstage!

SO, lets all cease the bitching and whining, and just treat this just as if it were not dwarves onstage! ok
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #890 on: August 01, 2006, 07:45:44 PM »

i was considering making a site about midgets banging hot chicks.  would that be exploiting little people too?  Huh
anythinggoes
« Reply #891 on: August 03, 2006, 06:24:43 PM »

Axl Rose bailed out of the encore set of the Guns N' Roses reunion show at London's storied Wembley Arena on Sunday night, citing low blood sugar. The band soldiered on by thrusting former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach up to the microphone for "Paradise City" and "Night Train." For those keeping score, that means the closing moments of GnR's European reunion tour featured no original members of the band. Also, the full set list for the evening reportedly included zero songs from the legendarily forthcoming Chinese Democracy, although new songs have been appearing throughout the tour.

Rose later explained that he had been diagnosed with low blood pressure and low blood sugar following a late-night acoustic set the night before.

"We have had an amazing tour and it has been fantastic for the band and I to experience this," Rose said. "I approached this last show with equal parts determination, obligation, responsibility, and insanity. It was an amazing night. I want to thank everyone in Europe and the U.K. for inspiring us and for giving us the opportunity to play for them. We are now looking forward to the U.S. in September."

GnR have never been a sure bet for showing up on time -- or at all -- for their live shows, so the disappearing act couldn't have taken fans completely by surprise. Rose had even previously delayed one of the reunion shows until he was fed roast lamb.

Regardless, by the time they'd finished with Europe, Axl and his revamped band had played for upwards of 700,000 people.

--The ARTISTdirect Staff
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #892 on: August 03, 2006, 06:30:34 PM »

"reunion" shows?? yeah, these guys know what they're talking about? Roll Eyes

Thanks again, anythinggoes, for all the great updates and pics and videos and mp3s and everything!!!? ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #893 on: August 03, 2006, 09:47:21 PM »

Axl Rose bailed out of the encore set of the Guns N' Roses reunion show at London's storied Wembley Arena on Sunday night, citing low blood sugar. The band soldiered on by thrusting former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach up to the microphone for "Paradise City" and "Night Train." For those keeping score, that means the closing moments of GnR's European reunion tour featured no original members of the band. Also, the full set list for the evening reportedly included zero songs from the legendarily forthcoming Chinese Democracy, although new songs have been appearing throughout the tour.

Rose later explained that he had been diagnosed with low blood pressure and low blood sugar following a late-night acoustic set the night before.

"We have had an amazing tour and it has been fantastic for the band and I to experience this," Rose said. "I approached this last show with equal parts determination, obligation, responsibility, and insanity. It was an amazing night. I want to thank everyone in Europe and the U.K. for inspiring us and for giving us the opportunity to play for them. We are now looking forward to the U.S. in September."

GnR have never been a sure bet for showing up on time -- or at all -- for their live shows, so the disappearing act couldn't have taken fans completely by surprise. Rose had even previously delayed one of the reunion shows until he was fed roast lamb.

Regardless, by the time they'd finished with Europe, Axl and his revamped band had played for upwards of 700,000 people.

--The ARTISTdirect Staff

this is actually a pretty funny read!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #894 on: August 20, 2006, 10:06:53 AM »

Here's some photos from the HTGTH pre-show on July 30th at the Greyhound in Wembley courtesy of Sam:

Some of these fans post here, others lurk. It was nice meeting you all! Smiley

beer

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anythinggoes
« Reply #895 on: August 20, 2006, 10:18:16 AM »

shit i cant believe that was 3 weeks ago doesnt time fly
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #896 on: August 20, 2006, 10:19:52 AM »

Yeah...

Notice how we don't seem to know what camera to look into...  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #897 on: August 20, 2006, 10:20:48 AM »

I REALLY REALLY want those shirts with the new logo on em. They look awesomeeeeee  peace

gnrevolution.com
anythinggoes
« Reply #898 on: August 20, 2006, 10:21:56 AM »

Yeah...

Notice how we don't seem to know what camera to look into...? hihi

/jarmo

Well there was like 5 cameras at one time it was like being on the red carpet for a movie premier Cheesy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #899 on: August 20, 2006, 10:29:55 AM »

Well there was like 5 cameras at one time it was like being on the red carpet for a movie premier Cheesy

I think it was the world premiere of Geeks In A Pub....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: