Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:27:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!  (Read 107418 times)
sea of black
« Reply #860 on: August 01, 2006, 08:55:07 AM »

It's kind of irrelevant if they were having a good time or not...my point is that it's totally wrong to employ people because of their disabilities for the fun of everyone who's 'normal'...I thought it was supposed to be a rock gig not Axl's crazy funhouse...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #861 on: August 01, 2006, 08:58:34 AM »

Who said they were paid to do that? No one knows what happened, right? Or did I miss something?

sea of black
« Reply #862 on: August 01, 2006, 09:01:11 AM »

Oh yeah, my mistake, they must have read out names of dwarf's in the audience and asked them if they wanted to dance for Axl, don't be naive, of course they were paid!  Have you read any "I am a dwarf and danced for Axl" threads on any of the forums!
T_Roxie
« Reply #863 on: August 01, 2006, 09:02:02 AM »

If they enjoyed it, why did it matter?  It could be some charity thing, we don't know
sea of black
« Reply #864 on: August 01, 2006, 09:03:56 AM »

You people are crazy! Charity, Oh yeah, Axl decided to highlight minor groups and their struggles! Soon he'll be at the G8 with Bono, man you people will accept anything GNR decide to do!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #865 on: August 01, 2006, 09:04:06 AM »

Why do people talk without knowing? I don't get it. So you think something, then it's GOTTA be the truth? Calm down, no need to get so worked up about something we know nothing about.

sea of black
« Reply #866 on: August 01, 2006, 09:05:51 AM »

Why do people talk without knowing? I don't get it. So you think something, then it's GOTTA be the truth? Calm down, no need to get so worked up about something we know nothing about.

Don't worry mate, I'm calm...just wanted to discuss something I thought was very bad taste, sorry if you can't hear a single negative point about GNR...I'm a fan, don't get me wrong, I just won't tow the line when I know somethings out of order...
Syd Vega
Headliner

Let me break your heart

« Reply #867 on: August 01, 2006, 09:07:55 AM »

Oh yeah, my mistake, they must have read out names of dwarf's in the audience and asked them if they wanted to dance for Axl, don't be naive, of course they were paid!? Have you read any "I am a dwarf and danced for Axl" threads on any of the forums!

rofl that was brilliant !
Olorin
« Reply #868 on: August 01, 2006, 09:14:59 AM »

I think its pretty clear what was meant by dancing midgets waving union jack flags, it was supposed to be amusing.

Fuck sake. No other fucking reason.

Yup, hilarious. The bounderies of fine comedy & entertainment have really been taken to another level. Well done.

And Blink 182 are fucking morons, the fact that they did it, speaks volumes about the fucking fools.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #869 on: August 01, 2006, 09:19:03 AM »

Don't worry mate, I'm calm...just wanted to discuss something I thought was very bad taste, sorry if you can't hear a single negative point about GNR...I'm a fan, don't get me wrong, I just won't tow the line when I know somethings out of order...

First of all, you don't know me, so don't make assumptions about what I think.
Where in my posts did I say anything about not posting anything negative about the band?
And you do not know what happened so don't make assumptions.

sea of black
« Reply #870 on: August 01, 2006, 09:22:43 AM »

First of all, you don't know me, so don't make assumptions about what I think.
Where in my posts did I say anything about not posting anything negative about the band?
And you do not know what happened so don't make assumptions.

O.k. fine I don't know you, but surely I'm allowed to express an opinion...my god, just because I don't know that these people weren't Axl's best friends, I can't say that I think it's uncool.

And why can't I make asssumptions, in my opinion, my assumptions were based on common sense, get real, of course this is unacceptable, why can't you people ever back down?

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #871 on: August 01, 2006, 10:06:40 AM »

you are so far off man!

it's a human fuckin' right to be sick and in all sivilized countries it's unacceptable to go to work sick so what the fuck are you talking about???

knowing what kind of night he had on saturday it's fucking impressive he turned up at all!

the question, if you want to be so fuckin' critical, should be: was it a smart move of axl to party all night and hold a extra show at 4,30 in morning before the last gig of the tour?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #872 on: August 01, 2006, 10:17:13 AM »

What I think is really amazing is that someone could get past One in a Million, Back Off Bitch, and any other hateful, aggressive Guns lyrics, but if they bring some little people(the actual PC term, I believe) on stage, it's the last straw. Very rational.
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #873 on: August 01, 2006, 10:28:38 AM »

Axl clearly had something wrong, considering he couldn't continue.
And you know this because history shows that Axl only leaves a stage when there is something medically wrong with him.   Apologies, but history is not on your side.  But, in any event, you have your head so far up Axl's behind that you can't read what I wrote with any clarity (or think objectively).  Not that there is any point in repeating, but just for shits and giggles:  I acknowledged that the Europe tour went quite well, I acknowledged that the medical stories may (or may not) be accurate (no one knows for sure, right?), and that Axl is a very talented -- but inconsiderate -- performer.  But you just can't tolerate the idea that Axl may be a mortal man.  It's all black or white with you.
Olorin
« Reply #874 on: August 01, 2006, 10:32:50 AM »

What I think is really amazing is that someone could get past One in a Million, Back Off Bitch, and any other hateful, aggressive Guns lyrics, but if they bring some little people(the actual PC term, I believe) on stage, it's the last straw. Very rational.

Yup, GN'R were great at at delivering genuine expressions of hate and agression, very cut and mustard, fuck you this is what I feel kind of expressions that millions the world over could identify with.

This is just a cheap tasteless stunt.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #875 on: August 01, 2006, 10:45:41 AM »

maybe the dance group asked the band if they wanted them to make an appearance.
And as I said maybe, a mere assumption this is.

Oh yeah, Axl decided to highlight minor groups and their struggles! Soon he'll be at the G8 with Bono,

a likely story. but What's so uncool with attending G8 or concerning about minorities? I don't see. Huh
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #876 on: August 01, 2006, 10:54:10 AM »

Yup, GN'R were great at at delivering genuine expressions of hate and agression, very cut and mustard, fuck you this is what I feel kind of expressions that millions the world over could identify with.

I see. I didn't realize that we had the universal arbiters of what can be considered good taste on this forum. Words like "nigger" and "faggot" are considered acceptable, but if you have some little people at your show, all bets are off. Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe you can alert the media while you're at it.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #877 on: August 01, 2006, 10:58:01 AM »

I dont see it either

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Olorin
« Reply #878 on: August 01, 2006, 11:38:49 AM »

I see. I didn't realize that we had the universal arbiters of what can be considered good taste on this forum. Words like "nigger" and "faggot" are considered acceptable, but if you have some little people at your show, all bets are off. Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe you can alert the media while you're at it.

No I won't. And dancing midgets are never going to be good taste at a GN'R show. Hateful, spiteful, racist - whatever some GN'R lyrics have been, they were always in context with something meaningful - they never shouted "nigger" to get a laugh.
Pallaris
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #879 on: August 01, 2006, 11:45:22 AM »

Well just my two cents  on the 30th.. made my way to the front.  In terms of enjoyment I loved every second.  From what I could hear *very loud crowd* Axl sounded great. The band was awesome and good to see Izzy live on stage for the first time as well.  Shame Axl couldn't complete the set but if the dude was feeling shit then fair play. I sensed something was up when he didn't come back out for Nightrain. And soon as I heared the intro to PC I realised the show was at least 5 songs short.

I also went to  the 02 show at Docklands and I gotta say..for completness sake that was a better show and more newer songs. They played Chinese Democracy, The Blues and Madagascar then..and only The Blues this time. But I know the set-list was a lot more fleshed out for other shows on this tour and things didn't quite work out so well on Sunday. Oh well.

Anyway. Get well soon Axl. I can't wait to hear this new album.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: