Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:31:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  JULY 18TH, Sheffield, England, Hallam fm arena!!!! UK tour stop 1!!!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JULY 18TH, Sheffield, England, Hallam fm arena!!!! UK tour stop 1!!!  (Read 60402 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #400 on: July 19, 2006, 02:16:56 PM »

i don't think ron butchers anything. he's just not as soulful as bucket, his fast picking isn't half as interesting, nor accurate as BH's, and his melodic side is lacking in perfection as well.
his guitar tone also bugs me a little, even thogh he could change in time most of these things cuz he's a very skifull guitar player, i don't think he fits in gn'r. and everyone just likes him for being a nice guy... but the fact is, problably most of the roadies and guitar techs from the band are nice guys, still they're not in the band.
ron doesn't seem to fit as well. and his sound isn't half as impressive as bucket was...

Chinese Democracy!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #401 on: July 19, 2006, 02:17:02 PM »

Hypothetically speaking...

If Ron was to leave GNR, Fortus can do most of Buckets parts.

The parts that Fortus can't pull off? ?Pittman can do as samples.

But I hope Ron stays. ok

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #402 on: July 19, 2006, 02:18:37 PM »

u're not serious about having a keyboard player play shredding parts  on keyboards are you? cuz that's just retarded

Chinese Democracy!
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #403 on: July 19, 2006, 02:18:55 PM »

I thought the show was very good to be honest, i was about 10m back from the front and didnt really see any bad shit goin on with the band. Axl was pissed off at the beginin and ron did seem a bit distant though through the whole evening.

Saw them in lisbon and dublin, two great shows, id say musically they were better last night, really tight, no fuck ups that i remeber, unlike the previous 2 i attended.

Only negative side for me was the lack of new tracks, why drop better?Huh i cant understand.

Sure everythin with ron will become clear very soon, itl be fine.

One thing i have to say, which really pisses me off: during 2002 and now it seems 2006, gnr have had more technical problems than any band ive followed, wtf is goin on, if the technicians are crap, sack them!!!!!!! get some more!!!!!!!! Ok you cant do it mid tour but, for the american tour, why no get some new ones!!!

ps: the stand in drummer guy is awesome! frank someting or other. Well impressed, doen a good job that guy.

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
madagas
« Reply #404 on: July 19, 2006, 02:20:18 PM »

I agree Meanbone. Ron is skillful but does seem to lack depth or soul or whatever you want to call it. Running around on stage does not mean one has soul. rofl Now, breakdancing like Michael Jackson nervous
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #405 on: July 19, 2006, 02:21:24 PM »

Only negative side for me was the lack of new tracks, why drop better?Huh i cant understand.

They're probably trying to make the fans forget that an album should be on the way...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #406 on: July 19, 2006, 02:22:22 PM »

Hypothetically speaking...

If Ron was to leave GNR, Fortus can do most of Buckets parts.

The parts that Fortus can't pull off? ?Pittman can do as samples.

But I hope Ron stays. ok

yeah hypothetically speaking but i seriously hope not....nothing against Pittman or any keyboardist....but I prefer to see guitar solo's, keyboard solo's aren't my thing at all

but i seriously doubt Ron is leaving...

They're probably trying to make the fans forget that an album should be on the way...

hihi

prolly cuz of the problems concerning Ron, whatever they might have been

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #407 on: July 19, 2006, 02:23:22 PM »

surprises/help is on the way

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #408 on: July 19, 2006, 02:27:20 PM »

What would they be?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #409 on: July 19, 2006, 02:29:54 PM »

u're not serious about having a keyboard player play shredding parts? on keyboards are you? cuz that's just retarded

Hypothetically speaking Roll Eyes

It's an option.

The slap breakdown in Better is a sample of Buckethead doing slap on the guitar that Ron can't (or won't) do.

So guitar samples are being done now. ok

Remember as well, Fortus can do 90% of Bucket parts.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #410 on: July 19, 2006, 02:43:59 PM »

What would they be?

Jem and the holograms hihi

SADIS
« Reply #411 on: July 19, 2006, 02:47:20 PM »

Would you mind filling us in a little more?
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #412 on: July 19, 2006, 02:53:40 PM »

I'd be really dissapointed if they play no new songs at Birmingham. ?The new songs are awsome and this is the new era GNR, so the new stuff should have priority. ?Download had a great set list and that was at a festival. These are actual GNR shows now, so i'd expect even more new songs. ?

I dont go and see a band just expecting the hits and i think only a minority of people actually do just want the hits. ?Especially if it's not the people who wrote them playing them. ?But hey i'm sure those who went had a great time, especially if u haven't seen them b4, so rock on!

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #413 on: July 19, 2006, 03:02:22 PM »

They probably just did not play the new songs because of the sound problems, maybe they would not have come off good if they tried, so they didnt want to ruin the new songs by making a poor attempt at them.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #414 on: July 19, 2006, 03:06:08 PM »

yg, i love ya bro, but you know you can't say stuff like that here and not give more....

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #415 on: July 19, 2006, 03:14:14 PM »

I hate to say this because he really does seem like a nice guy. But, after listening to the live twat and other recordings from the shows, Ron simply isn't on the level of Buckethead-in any aspect except he looks normal. If he isn't around, so what? Finck and Fortus are just fine. If they need a third guitarist to fill in the sound sometimes, a rhythm player like Izzy can do that. Finck and Fortus could handle the Bucket stuff we have heard on the demos-not just like Bucket but they could do it close enough and with their own style. I honestly thought Ron butchered the end of twat from Madrid and seems to butcher Nov Rain as well. Where Bucket shows restraint, Ron seems to shred more. I don't know...maybe it is just me. Undecided

nesquick?

hihi Tongue peace

I'm a visionary. that's it. ok hihi

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #416 on: July 19, 2006, 03:16:19 PM »

please no one else write anything along the lines of "hypothetically if Ron leaves the band"... I don't want to hear it... its not a possibility and it shows disrespect towards a guy whose in GNR to stay
madagas
« Reply #417 on: July 19, 2006, 03:18:07 PM »

Madagascar88, Even he doesn't know if he is in Gnr to stay! Please.... Roll Eyes
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #418 on: July 19, 2006, 03:27:53 PM »

please no one else write anything along the lines of "hypothetically if Ron leaves the band"... I don't want to hear it... its not a possibility and it shows disrespect towards a guy whose in GNR to stay
Gimme a fucking break. You are the last person in the world that should be telling someone not to write something down.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #419 on: July 19, 2006, 03:39:59 PM »

What happen? should I read 22 pages to get a grip?

Maybe but if that's the case, what came first,  this or that?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: