Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:35:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  JULY 18TH, Sheffield, England, Hallam fm arena!!!! UK tour stop 1!!!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JULY 18TH, Sheffield, England, Hallam fm arena!!!! UK tour stop 1!!!  (Read 60404 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #380 on: July 19, 2006, 01:30:20 PM »

I'm willing to bet that the issue with Ron last night had to do with his foot guitar.

It seems very strange that he didn't use this guitar.? I don't think it was broken, as the roadies take very good care of all the equipment on the tour.

Maybe Axl told Ron to lose the foot guitar? Undecided?

It's just a theory though.

At the bumbleforum, a poster noticed a few shows back that the Bumble guitar had a large crack in the neck.

ew....maybe it got too bad to stay in tune or play Cry

I don't think the guitar being damaged would make Ron sulk onstage like that.?

He could easily send the guitar to viger and have it fixed.

Ron's comment to a fan after the show seem a bit worrisome though.

What comment was that?

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #381 on: July 19, 2006, 01:31:26 PM »

I'm willing to bet that the issue with Ron last night had to do with his foot guitar.

It seems very strange that he didn't use this guitar.? I don't think it was broken, as the roadies take very good care of all the equipment on the tour.

Maybe Axl told Ron to lose the foot guitar? Undecided?

At the bumbleforum, a poster noticed a few shows back that the Bumble guitar had a large crack in the neck.

I don't think the guitar being damaged would make Ron sulk onstage like that.?

One theory was that the guitar was broken by a tech----we are just trying to wade through the speculation.

What comment is that?

Thorazine I know i'd be bummed if my favorite guitar was busted....but i only have one, and I'm not rich so ?hihi

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #382 on: July 19, 2006, 01:34:29 PM »

Oh I would be bummed as well Neemo.

But he's sponsored through Viger.  They custom made his guitar and can do neccessary repairs.

If I was in that situation, I would be bummed for sure, but walking off-stage and looking pissed for over 2 hours?

I don't know, I think his issue last night is a bit deeper than that.  but who knows?

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #383 on: July 19, 2006, 01:36:58 PM »

Oh I would be bummed as well Neemo.

But he's sponsored through Viger.? They custom made his guitar and can do neccessary repairs.

If I was in that situation, I would be bummed for sure, but walking off-stage and looking pissed for over 2 hours?

I don't know, I think his issue last night is a bit deeper than that.? but who knows?

yeah i hear ya about the repairs but he'd prolly lose it for the remaining shows on this tour and maybe he is really attached to it hihi ....but you are right, who knows indeed, except those in the band or close to it

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #384 on: July 19, 2006, 01:43:37 PM »

It seems very strange that he didn't use this guitar.  I don't think it was broken, as the roadies take very good care of all the equipment on the tour.

Maybe Axl told Ron to lose the foot guitar? Undecided 

I don't think the guitar being damaged would make Ron sulk onstage like that. 

One theory was that the guitar was broken by a tech----we are just trying to wade through the speculation.

What comment is that?

Thorazine I know i'd be bummed if my favorite guitar was busted....but i only have one, and I'm not rich so  hihi

It was in the Appetite for Collection section, I'll dig it out......hold on a sec.......

from greendog

yeah, i was at the show... and i talked to bumblefoot at the end... got a photo too Smiley

he was sad, he didnt seem very happy and was very apologetic saying "sorry i couldnt have performed better" (not the song, just better in general) i told him he played well and not to worry about it.

he was late on stage, i dont think he came on 2 or 3 songs into the set and when he did come on im sure i saw him give the finger to someone, dunno if was someone in the band or the band or sound guy.

but anyway, he wasnt on stage nearly as much as he usually is... he didnt even come on for paradise city (i dont think so anyway)... he definatly didnt come onstage after with the rest of the band and take a bow.

after i got a photo with him i said il cant wait to see him again, and he said "i hope so".... i hope he hasnt had a fall out with the band/axl or summin?

anyone got any info?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #385 on: July 19, 2006, 01:50:21 PM »

It was in the Appetite for Collection section, I'll dig it out......hold on a sec.......

from greendog

yeah, i was at the show... and i talked to bumblefoot at the end... got a photo too Smiley

he was sad, he didnt seem very happy and was very apologetic saying "sorry i couldnt have performed better" (not the song, just better in general) i told him he played well and not to worry about it.

he was late on stage, i dont think he came on 2 or 3 songs into the set and when he did come on im sure i saw him give the finger to someone, dunno if was someone in the band or the band or sound guy.

but anyway, he wasnt on stage nearly as much as he usually is... he didnt even come on for paradise city (i dont think so anyway)... he definatly didnt come onstage after with the rest of the band and take a bow.

after i got a photo with him i said il cant wait to see him again, and he said "i hope so".... i hope he hasnt had a fall out with the band/axl or summin?

anyone got any info?

hmm...sounds like he was more referring to the fact that he didn't think that his performance was good enough and was afraid that he would be booted...from emails it seems to me that he is taking this tour as an interview so any bad performance would be a reason to get rid of him...also if he feels he let the fans down, then he is prolly bummed out cuz the fans seem to be a huge reason why he goes out to play every night.

again just my thoughts on that quote Wink

Ron if you read this....cheer up dude you kick serious ass ok beer
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 01:52:55 PM by Neemo » Logged

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #386 on: July 19, 2006, 01:51:29 PM »

It seems very strange that he didn't use this guitar.  I don't think it was broken, as the roadies take very good care of all the equipment on the tour.

Maybe Axl told Ron to lose the foot guitar? Undecided 

I don't think the guitar being damaged would make Ron sulk onstage like that. 

What comment is that?

Thorazine I know i'd be bummed if my favorite guitar was busted....but i only have one, and I'm not rich so  hihi

from greendog

anyone got any info?

I think if anything, that supports the idea that he was upset  because of technical issues.  That "I hope so" doesn't necessarily mean that he hopes he's still with the band.  Could be he hopes the fan gets a chance to see the band again.

If he had a falling out with Axl, Axl wouldn't have put his hand on Ron's shoulders during the show.  I think Ron was just pissed because of technical issues.

Ali
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #387 on: July 19, 2006, 01:52:02 PM »

hmm...sounds like he was more referring to the fact that he didn't think that his performance was good enough and was afraid that he would be booted...from emails it seems to me that he is taking this tour as an interview so any bad performance would be a reason to get rid of him...also if he feels he let the fans down, which is how he seems to feel then he is prolly bummed out cuz the fans seem to be the sole reason why he goes out to play.

I totally agree with you which is why I am so disturbed by the comment.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #388 on: July 19, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »

well we will know soon enough... nothing can suprise me anymore and I don't expect anything. BBF seems like a great guy... his guitar playing is skillful (it just looks to me that on every 2006 nightrain his guitar is way too low...). anyhow... to spread rumours now is wrong. just wait and see. and to be truthful to all of you and myself even if Izzy was back as permanent member and BBF has to go, I would be very sorry for loosing such a talented band member ?peace
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #389 on: July 19, 2006, 01:56:23 PM »

Maybe Ron's dog died... and because most of the new songs need a third guitarist, they had to cut them out because Ron wasn't up for playing the whole gig.

Who honestly knows?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #390 on: July 19, 2006, 01:57:18 PM »

hmm...sounds like he was more referring to the fact that he didn't think that his performance was good enough and was afraid that he would be booted...from emails it seems to me that he is taking this tour as an interview so any bad performance would be a reason to get rid of him...also if he feels he let the fans down, which is how he seems to feel then he is prolly bummed out cuz the fans seem to be the sole reason why he goes out to play.

That may be it, but I think that Ron is being too hard on himself if that's the case.  Everyone has off nights, and, again, if Axl was pissed at Ron for whatever reason, he wouldn't have interacted with him on stage.

Ali
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #391 on: July 19, 2006, 02:01:40 PM »

Thanks for looking that up for us killingvector. ok

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #392 on: July 19, 2006, 02:01:46 PM »

That may be it, but I think that Ron is being too hard on himself if that's the case.  Everyone has off nights, and, again, if Axl was pissed at Ron for whatever reason, he wouldn't have interacted with him on stage.

Ali

I think its more than being hard on himself. Ron wasn't onstage for a significant part of the show. It wasn't a question of not performing well, he didn't perform many of the songs that he had a hand in from previous shows.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #393 on: July 19, 2006, 02:06:22 PM »

and because most of the new songs need a third guitarist,

No they don't  hihi

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #394 on: July 19, 2006, 02:09:52 PM »

Ali

I think its more than being hard on himself. Ron wasn't onstage for a significant part of the show. It wasn't a question of not performing well, he didn't perform many of the songs that he had a hand in from previous shows.

It could be more than that, but we don't know what.  I say we wait until today's show to see how things go before pressing the panic button.  It could have just been a bad night for a reason we may never know.  If something's up today, then it's time to be concerned.

Ali
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #395 on: July 19, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »

No they don't? hihi

You are right ?hihi... they need a fourth guitarist also so Chris is playing Synth Guitar. hmmh, and nightrain is an old song, but it has at least 4 guitarist, maybe 5...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #396 on: July 19, 2006, 02:10:28 PM »

No they don't  hihi

The new songs definately do. The band made a decision not to play them. The million dollar question right now is why?

Ron may have shown up late to the gig, forcing the band to go with a setlist heavy in the old stuff.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 02:12:52 PM by killingvector » Logged

madagas
« Reply #397 on: July 19, 2006, 02:13:12 PM »

I hate to say this because he really does seem like a nice guy. But, after listening to the live twat and other recordings from the shows, Ron simply isn't on the level of Buckethead-in any aspect except he looks normal. If he isn't around, so what? Finck and Fortus are just fine. If they need a third guitarist to fill in the sound sometimes, a rhythm player like Izzy can do that. Finck and Fortus could handle the Bucket stuff we have heard on the demos-not just like Bucket but they could do it close enough and with their own style. I honestly thought Ron butchered the end of twat from Madrid and seems to butcher Nov Rain as well. Where Bucket shows restraint, Ron seems to shred more. I don't know...maybe it is just me. Undecided There is a time for shredding and a time for restraint, Bucket seems to have a better sense when it comes to performing live.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 02:14:59 PM by madagas » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #398 on: July 19, 2006, 02:14:29 PM »

I hate to say this because he really does seem like a nice guy. But, after listening to the live twat and other recordings from the shows, Ron simply isn't on the level of Buckethead-in any aspect except he looks normal. If he isn't around, so what? Finck and Fortus are just fine. If they need a third guitarist to fill in the sound sometimes, a rhythm player like Izzy can do that. Finck and Fortus could handle the Bucket stuff we have heard on the demos-not just like Bucket but they could do it close enough and with their own style. I honestly thought Ron butchered the end of twat from Madrid and seems to butcher Nov Rain as well. Where Bucket shows restraint, Ron seems to shred more. I don't know...maybe it is just me. Undecided

nesquick?

hihi Tongue peace

madagas
« Reply #399 on: July 19, 2006, 02:16:42 PM »

Scary thought huh? Shocked the difference is I love Bucket. So, in the end, we are mortal enemies. Cool
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: