Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:34:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Newcastle July 19th 2006 - Metro Radio Arena All Purpose Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newcastle July 19th 2006 - Metro Radio Arena All Purpose Thread.  (Read 58408 times)
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #300 on: July 20, 2006, 12:26:29 AM »

I agree, for that matter AFD had 3 guitars and therefore, why not use 3 on tour?
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2006, 12:32:21 AM »

Richard isn't as good a player as Bucket but he's got a lot of charisma. Bumble isn't as good as Bucket and has zero charisma. He has to go. Axl needs somebody who can kill on guitar, and who has tons of charisma, and Bumble is not the man for the job. Just because Bumble will answer your e-mails doesn't make him the right guitar player for this band.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 12:34:03 AM by Mattattack » Logged
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2006, 01:11:10 AM »

correct me if im wrong but ron and fortus are always on the same side of the stage , at least i think so.

ron and fortus - left
tommy and robin - right
axl - middle

that is correct.

That is not correct. At least in Finland they were all over the stage, except Tommy who doesn't move much.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #303 on: July 20, 2006, 01:11:41 AM »

Richard isn't as good a player as Bucket but he's got a lot of charisma. Bumble isn't as good as Bucket and has zero charisma. He has to go. Axl needs somebody who can kill on guitar, and who has tons of charisma, and Bumble is not the man for the job. Just because Bumble will answer your e-mails doesn't make him the right guitar player for this band.
Well said.
I've been saying from day one that Bumblefoot wasn't the right guy to replace Buckethead.

If Slash doesn't want to come back, it would be cool to have Buckethead back. BH changed newgnr into something original, he is greatly missed. Newgnr without him is banal. Undecided

I'll download it !
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #304 on: July 20, 2006, 01:29:42 AM »

If Slash doesn't want to come back, it would be cool to have Buckethead back. BH changed newgnr into something original, he is greatly missed. Newgnr without him is banal. Undecided

Slash will NEVER play solos like BHEAD, FACE IT, 2 diferents stiles of guitarrists for fuck?s sake!
people try to compare always!! is like saying that Jerry Cantrell is "worst" than Dimebag (RIP)... godamn, they can play fast and shit, but KEEP IN MIND THAT THEM BONES FROM ALICE IN CHAINS HAS A FUCKING GUITAR MELODY AND 5 MINUTES ALONE FROM PANTERA?S TOO !!!! and they?re both diferent stiles of guitarrists!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 01:32:44 AM by RnT » Logged

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #305 on: July 20, 2006, 01:44:11 AM »

Anyway, I'm pissed off 'cause these setlists.. I would be satisfied if the new songs would be played, but no. I hope we'll get the reason for not playing them soon.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #306 on: July 20, 2006, 01:56:44 AM »

Main thing is, many bands have done the same thing when shit is thrown at the stage and the tour continues.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #307 on: July 20, 2006, 02:28:33 AM »

This thread sucks.
Shirell
« Reply #308 on: July 20, 2006, 02:52:36 AM »

It's a shame for all the fans who went last night, behaved themselves and now feel disappointed because of one idiot.  Throwing stuff is wrong, it upsets Axl more than anything else, it upsets the rest of the band too (remember Tommy at Donnington).  At least they came back and finished the song and said that's it instead of everyone waiting around and wondering what was going on.  It's very disappointing that there seems to be some problems with members in the band.  Before the tour some bandmembers were not happy with the inclusion of another guitarist (ie BF), up to now that doesnt seem to have got in the way of a great tour.  I'm wondering if they are feeling the strain of doing British shows.  You always read how bands say the British fans are the hardest to please and shows hear are tough but rewarding.  After Donnington which must have been tough, they all had a hell of a lot to prove before a massive audience who were not by any means all fans of the band.  There was a lot of hostility and booing due to the solo's and our new friend the TD's.  Don't forget the 2002 tour only lasted 15 shows this one's been a lot tougher.  I hope they get over this 'glitch' soon, Glasgow won't be forgiving!  I'm taking my son to Birmingham, he's only 9yrs old show is due to start at 8.15 (I'm hoping for a 9.30 no later start), at least he's got no school the next day.  He's looking forward to it so much I'd hate him to be disappointed.  I think the only thing the real fans can do is sort out those who are not behaving if they are kicking off around you.  I know that happened with a few guys who were shouting for Slash at Donington ( I guarantee they weren't saying anything for a week or two!)  Here's hoping for a great next show!!!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #309 on: July 20, 2006, 02:53:52 AM »

It's a shame for all the fans who went last night, behaved themselves and now feel disappointed because of one idiot.  Throwing stuff is wrong, it upsets Axl more than anything else, it upsets the rest of the band too (remember Tommy at Donnington).  At least they came back and finished the song and said that's it instead of everyone waiting around and wondering what was going on.  It's very disappointing that there seems to be some problems with members in the band.  Before the tour some bandmembers were not happy with the inclusion of another guitarist (ie BF), up to now that doesnt seem to have got in the way of a great tour.  I'm wondering if they are feeling the strain of doing British shows.  You always read how bands say the British fans are the hardest to please and shows hear are tough but rewarding.  After Donnington which must have been tough, they all had a hell of a lot to prove before a massive audience who were not by any means all fans of the band.  There was a lot of hostility and booing due to the solo's and our new friend the TD's.  Don't forget the 2002 tour only lasted 15 shows this one's been a lot tougher.  I hope they get over this 'glitch' soon, Glasgow won't be forgiving!  I'm taking my son to Birmingham, he's only 9yrs old show is due to start at 8.15 (I'm hoping for a 9.30 no later start), at least he's got no school the next day.  He's looking forward to it so much I'd hate him to be disappointed.  I think the only thing the real fans can do is sort out those who are not behaving if they are kicking off around you.  I know that happened with a few guys who were shouting for Slash at Donington ( I guarantee they weren't saying anything for a week or two!)  Here's hoping for a great next show!!!

What? Who was unhappy about BF?
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #310 on: July 20, 2006, 03:01:54 AM »

Just some stupid bullshit. Some people need to quit their bitchin' n shut the fuck up.

No one knows SHIT about this band. In fact, you guys make shit up! Whats there to prove Richard and Bumble are pissed at each other?! Whats there to prove that "Richard is pissed he didn't get the lead spot"!? What's there to prove people are pissed about Bumble!?

Nothing. Thats what.

You guys are like a broken record. Quit acting like you know the band and shut the hell up.

gnrevolution.com
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #311 on: July 20, 2006, 03:05:43 AM »

Hey, at least all this tour bitching has given Chris Pittman a break.
Shirell
« Reply #312 on: July 20, 2006, 03:14:28 AM »

It's a shame for all the fans who went last night, behaved themselves and now feel disappointed because of one idiot.? Throwing stuff is wrong, it upsets Axl more than anything else, it upsets the rest of the band too (remember Tommy at Donnington).? At least they came back and finished the song and said that's it instead of everyone waiting around and wondering what was going on.? It's very disappointing that there seems to be some problems with members in the band.? Before the tour some bandmembers were not happy with the inclusion of another guitarist (ie BF), up to now that doesnt seem to have got in the way of a great tour.? I'm wondering if they are feeling the strain of doing British shows.? You always read how bands say the British fans are the hardest to please and shows hear are tough but rewarding.? After Donnington which must have been tough, they all had a hell of a lot to prove before a massive audience who were not by any means all fans of the band.? There was a lot of hostility and booing due to the solo's and our new friend the TD's.? Don't forget the 2002 tour only lasted 15 shows this one's been a lot tougher.? I hope they get over this 'glitch' soon, Glasgow won't be forgiving!? I'm taking my son to Birmingham, he's only 9yrs old show is due to start at 8.15 (I'm hoping for a 9.30 no later start), at least he's got no school the next day.? He's looking forward to it so much I'd hate him to be disappointed.? I think the only thing the real fans can do is sort out those who are not behaving if they are kicking off around you.? I know that happened with a few guys who were shouting for Slash at Donington ( I guarantee they weren't saying anything for a week or two!)? Here's hoping for a great next show!!!

Just some stupid bullshit. Some people need to quit their bitchin' n shut the fuck up.

No one knows SHIT about this band. In fact, you guys make shit up! Whats there to prove Richard and Bumble are pissed at each other?! Whats there to prove that "Richard is pissed he didn't get the lead spot"!? What's there to prove people are pissed about Bumble!?

Nothing. Thats what.

You guys are like a broken record. Quit acting like you know the band and shut the hell up.

Aw bless!  I was gonna rant about you being so disrespectful but then I saw you're only 16 so I'll just say "Take a pill Jack!!"  Chill out honey!  Things aint so intense you know.  Of course we don't know for sure whats going on between band members after all we're not all there making the coffee now are we?!!  But we do have eyes and ears and can draw some fairly well thought out conclusions from the evidence (depending on the reliability of course) of those senses.  I've been a fan since 1985 and I'm still a huge fan so, without dissin' you at all, I feel I'm entitled to express my opinion without a kid telling me to fuck off and to shut the fuck up okay. 
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #313 on: July 20, 2006, 03:15:17 AM »

I bet you it pisses Richard off that he wasn't promoted to lead, and has to watch some dork with a foot guitar play the solos.

That's what i've been saying since the first day.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #314 on: July 20, 2006, 03:17:45 AM »

big deal he left one song early... At least he got a coin out of the deal
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #315 on: July 20, 2006, 03:19:09 AM »

just got home and wasted out my head,an its 08:14am here.what thew fuck happened,i get the "no paradise city" bit but whats goin on with the tour in the uk

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #316 on: July 20, 2006, 03:23:17 AM »

just got home and wasted out my head,an its 08:14am here.what thew fuck happened,i get the "no paradise city" bit but whats goin on with the tour in the uk

you UK people love to give axl a hard time, donwload, this show
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #317 on: July 20, 2006, 03:29:16 AM »

hay,ive never given Axl or GNR a hard time and if thats so then why is GNR doin a UK tour before a US tour.i think youll find the UK has been behind GNR

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #318 on: July 20, 2006, 03:45:35 AM »

Nothing. Thats what.

Aw bless!  I was gonna rant about you being so disrespectful but then I saw you're only 16 so I'll just say "Take a pill Jack!!"  Chill out honey!  Things aint so intense you know.  Of course we don't know for sure whats going on between band members after all we're not all there making the coffee now are we?!!  But we do have eyes and ears and can draw some fairly well thought out conclusions from the evidence (depending on the reliability of course) of those senses.  I've been a fan since 1985 and I'm still a huge fan so, without dissin' you at all, I feel I'm entitled to express my opinion without a kid telling me to fuck off and to shut the fuck up okay. 

hihi Yeah im a young'in, not ashamed.

But honestly! Every show people are bitching.. you know? How many times can people make something up?

How many people who are talking about "Ron and Richard's fight" were actually at the show?

Has there ever been an interview or incident where Richard seemed angry/bitter about not being the lead?

Seriously, this tour is going almost entirely hitch free and people still make up drama.

What happens is this...

GNRLover34: Yeah Ron looked kinda down on stage
AXL_Love: Oh yeah? What was wrong with Ron?
BHFan: Somethings wrong with Ron?!
theownanator: I hear hes pissed at Axl for something he said on stage.
GNRLover34: Well Axl DID say something to Ron on stage... maybe he said something bad?
Doom N' Gloom: Well.. that proves it. Ron's leaving
BumbleRULES: RON ISNT LEAVING STFU
SlashMAn'88: BumBlestinkyfoot sucks anyways bring back the BUCKET!

5 pages later... no one even knows whats going on and everyone takes the rumor as fact.

Heh. Im sorry, but thats how it seems to play out for me.

You guys can keep speculating though. Go for it. Im out, wont bother ya anymore.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
SADIS
« Reply #319 on: July 20, 2006, 04:05:00 AM »

What the fuck is up with the British crowd?

They always seem like fat, spoiled brats bitchin on everything. If you're not the new hype then everyone thinks you're shit. One day they all buy your album so next day they can burn it all because everyone and the mags say they suck. No wonder most of the British bands don't do shit outside the UK cause most of them are crap (like latest hype Arctic Monkeys).

In Holland GnR played on a real hot day where all the fans waited outside in the sun in 35 C and never did I hear one BOO. All I heard was "Guns N Roses" as in Get In The RIng . And it was great show where you could see the band enjoy themselves and play the fuck out of every song. Positive reviews all over. Why? Because we came to have a good time instead of pay money to see a band fail and then bitch about how they suck and all. Or throw coins......you Brits need to grow the fuck up and not go see a band of whom you don't like the bandmembers. If give some love you will get a good show if you treat them like shit you get a shit show. It's that fucking simple.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: