Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:28:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 21st, 2006 Glasgow, UK @ SECC Sold Out!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 21st, 2006 Glasgow, UK @ SECC Sold Out!  (Read 37903 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2006, 08:44:59 PM »

PS: Jarmo or other VIP...why is my karma -1??? Cause I cursed to somebody? Who gives a shit!!!!?Huh?

We do, it's against the rules, we don't need it.
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2006, 08:48:08 PM »

How was the crowd? Into the show? Sceptical about the new band? Hope they were won over!

The crowd were excellent and were jumping about like crazy for most of the concert. When the area I was in stopped jumping after 1 hour 45 minutes I moved to the front instead Smiley Everyone was talking about how awesome it was when we were leaving so all is good Smiley

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2006, 08:49:16 PM »

How was the crowd? Into the show? Sceptical about the new band? Hope they were won over!

The crowd were excellent and were jumping about like crazy for most of the concert. When the area I was in stopped jumping after 1 hour 45 minutes I moved to the front instead Smiley Everyone was talking about how awesome it was when we were leaving so all is good Smiley

Sweet thx for the review.  We heard Ron's hair was braided?

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Origen
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2006, 08:49:43 PM »

Guess Axl didn't wear a Kilt ?for the Scottish then Shocked hihi
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2006, 08:49:59 PM »

what time did they come onstage?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2006, 08:51:49 PM »

They were onstage at 10pm and finished at 00:30

Eh I can't recall if his hair was braided or not, not sure this pic helps either Grin

No kilt Sad but Tommy did have tartan trousers on Grin

When you took everything

sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2006, 08:55:11 PM »

I also have a short 14 second video clip of Used To Love Her Smiley Several others too.

When you took everything

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2006, 08:57:05 PM »

I also have a short 14 second video clip of Used To Love Her Smiley Several others too.

Damn, that name sneeks is well deserved then, huh?

Great job with the pics and getting some vid clips!

Ali
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2006, 09:00:18 PM »

PS: Jarmo or other VIP...why is my karma -1??? Cause I cursed to somebody? Who gives a shit!!!!?Huh?

We do, it's against the rules, we don't need it.

Why do you listen to GN'R then? Axl neeeeeever curses h?...never...rockers are always very polite against other people..suuure....axl is the most polite man in the unvirse...isn't he... jezus!...since when is cusrsing forbidden...better to curse and have a drink together afterwards than throwing a bomb on each others head someday (libanon - israel - circumstances).

Rules..who give a damn about them? ...oh shit.... here I go... ?hihi anywhow ....it's the beers man ;-) ...If I could I would bite you! (just kidding)...is my karma now -2?

Just wondering how much - karma do we need to be kicked?

Isn't the new album called chinese..DEMOCRACY? ?Lips Sealed ok, I love you all...i won't curse anymore ?hihi

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2006, 09:00:30 PM »

Damn, that name sneeks is well deserved then, huh?

Great job with the pics and getting some vid clips!

Ali

Some of the last pics I shot were while centre stage and right at the front, i could swear Axl looked at me a couple of times when the camera flashed and gave me a menacing look Grin I tried my best to pretend it was really loving affection for me.

When you took everything

sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2006, 09:02:47 PM »

We had a couple of minor rants tonight which were amusing and also a great comment he made when a girl threw her bra onto the stage. Axl said something along the lines of "This will be great for 2 good breakfast cereal bowls in the morning" Grin

When you took everything

fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2006, 09:07:33 PM »

Hey sneaks great pics beer

Was Ron wearing a white tank top the whole show?
Origen
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2006, 09:16:40 PM »

Did he mention Newcastle/inccident?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2006, 09:17:59 PM »

do we got a set list yet?

sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2006, 09:20:23 PM »

Hey sneaks great pics beer

Was Ron wearing a white tank top the whole show?

Yes I think he was wearing that top throughout the show. No mention of Newcastle that I heard but he did discuss Sweden Grin.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 09:22:38 PM by sneeks » Logged

When you took everything

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2006, 09:52:29 PM »

Back from the concert, that band just rocked the place apart...the crowd were excellent, very rowdy...unbelievable experience for my first GNR concert

i was about 6 in from the front initially, but when GNR came on the crowd just rushed forward, everyone was crushed like sardines and were swaying back and forth seemingly with absolutely no control at all, i could swear i was at a 33 degree angle at one point...after the second song axl told everyone to move forward making a funny remark about how he is supposed to look after his fans...i got an hard elbow in the ribs and was still getting crushed so decided to move back a bit...they didnt play my michelle...at one point during the intro to November Rain some people were getting impatient, obviously Axls heard someone and made a comment about having to catch the bus and told them to fuck off, as far as i can remember...at one point axl was wearing the scottish flag around his neck...the band really did look like they were enjoying themselves...and i tell you this, izzy was fucking awesome...i have 3 minutes video of used to love her (pretty good quality) and half of think about you...

Evolution...i think i might have saw you, were you near the front and centre?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2006, 09:55:07 PM »

I was front centre for alot of the concert and wearing a black Raiders '80' Rice top.

When you took everything

micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2006, 10:11:53 PM »

identical setlist to sheffield except better was back in instead of the the stones cover and madagascar was the first encore i must admit i was getting annoyed at the delay  (bullet finished at half eight gnr came on at 10.05 whats that all about) the crowd were booing for a good ten mins before they eventually came on but our frustations were quickly  erased when axl burst into welcome to the jungle - i watched rir3 and his voice was perfect tonight in comparision in fact the whole band played like there lives depended on it when izzy came on he looked laid back in comparision to the rest but then i realised he was just enjoying his moment and the crowd when nuts for him. dare i say it all it needed for a perfect night was mr saul hudson to walk on and we could have died happy -maybe one day. smoking

ps how good is that electric version of used to love her  please somebody upload it soon
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2006, 10:26:05 PM »

What was the setlist again?
Evolution
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2006, 11:21:47 PM »

Evolution...i think i might have saw you, were you near the front and centre?

I was at the start. Moved back because of the rough crowd. I had on a 2006 yellow GNR shirt with tourdates on the back and dark jeans?

Right, setlist as best as I can remember went like.

WTTJ, ISE, Brownstone, LALD, Better, Robin Solo, SCOM, KOHD, Dizzy Solo, The Blues, YCBM, Richard Solo into Beautiful, OTGM, Ron Solo(Don't Cry), Blues Jam, Nov Rain, Think About You, Used To Love Her, Patience and Nightrain all with Izzy.

Madagascar, Robin Solo and PC as an encore. Plus Ron had a solo in there before Izzy appeared.

Arrived at the SECC at around 6:30pm. Queue was quite large so Towers Of London started before I got inside. They ended with a punk cover of Freebird  Tongue As for BFMV, not my cup of tea.

The wait between BFMV and Guns was really hard. We are talking around 8:20 to 10:05 in boiling heat.

The orchestra music sounds so ominous in person, I love it. As Q mentioned crowd was mental in the pit so I moved back.

Random obvervations and highlights.

Ron had like a few mini braids in his hair which seemed to disappear.

Axl introduced Robin as "for our Scottish listening pleasure".

Axl attempted a Scots accent saying something like "Och aye goddamnit".

Izzy is like guitar god incarnate up there. One word I would use to describe seeing him there is respect. He just looks like someone you would never give cheek too. He was actually dancing a fair bit! Smiling like crazy, interacting with Robin and singing into Axl's mic.

Something cool to notice, during SCOM i think it was, Ron was doing a solo over by the left and Axl walked by and tapped him on the shoulder as he passed which made Ron smile and nod  ok

KOHD was a super long version and Nightrain blew the crowd away.

Ferrer is doing an excellent job up there, his intro to YCBM had a certain dancey tinge to it, and he was mucking around with Pittman a little, throwing fake punches.

Crowd didn't really recognize the leaks, I of course sang word for word! Tommy noticed I was the only guy singing in an area of the crowd and gave me a wink.

Crowd accepted GNR wholeheartedly, I heard many folk say how it was better than expected and how they thought Finck did a stand up job. We even clapped along to the jams! Glasgow fucking loved GNR.

Richard's solo went down very well where I was as did Ron's Don't Cry.

Axl told some guy to "go home, fuckhead. No-one is stopping you, you could catch a bus or something".

He also said "This band isn't McDonalds, and it isn't Burger King. This isn't have it your way".

Had my favourite gigging experience so far. Hearing the outro solo to PC, confetti flying everywhere whilst jumping up and down.

Right, well I've damn near written an essay! Enjoy the remainder of GNR's European tour all you folk attending  ok
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: