Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 09:49:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The rumored tour DVD
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The rumored tour DVD  (Read 22250 times)
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2006, 11:47:14 AM »

Cool! I hope that CD comes out before this DVD though..

In the GN'R world the plan is probably to complete the entire European and US Tour, put out the DVD, make 3 music videos, then release the CD. hihi

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2006, 11:49:10 AM »

Seeing as the new songs will be on this DVD (unless they don't include them...) it would make sense to release it around the time of the actual CD.
nope.
people who actually buy the DVD will be hardcore GNR fans, and we already got the leaks.
people who get the dvd, and hear Better, TWAT, IRS, Maddy,... would have to buy the album, because on the album there will be some songs that wont be on the DVD.
it's kinda a cewl strategy.
but I just had a tought

what will the old lineup say about somebody else publishing their songs, and releasing it on a DVD.
wont there be legal issues?
I know that the appetite songs are credited to GNR, and GNR now is Axl, but still....

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2006, 11:50:45 AM »

Axl legally owns the rights, so I would assume he would have free will over ANY release unless it is completely disparaging to Slash and the rest. Possibly even if it is, they'd be able to.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
life_247
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2006, 11:57:04 AM »

Well i guess a DVD before the album would help to build a buzz around the band again. They may also use it to put out some songs that won't make their way to the final record. Lets hope its not another 2001 HOB incident.

Strange that they've been recording every show, seems a little odd to put out a dvd with songs from loads of different shows. Makes snese on a cd but not on a dvd.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2006, 12:00:47 PM »

Well i guess a DVD before the album would help to build a buzz around the band again. They may also use it to put out some songs that won't make their way to the final record. Lets hope its not another 2001 HOB incident.

Strange that they've been recording every show, seems a little odd to put out a dvd with songs from loads of different shows. Makes snese on a cd but not on a dvd.

nine inch nails did that for their live DVD, and it got to be the DVD of the year when it got released.
it makes sence, I guess the guy that's doing the recording was picked up by Axl for some reason. and he does all the work, recording the crowd, the band, ....
so I guess he cant record the whole band at the same time.
he gets diferent shots of diferent members from all the shows, and than at the end of the tour, they kinda put it all togather.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
TheMole
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2006, 12:03:18 PM »

Axl legally owns the rights, so I would assume he would have free will over ANY release unless it is completely disparaging to Slash and the rest. Possibly even if it is, they'd be able to.

Well, actually, I think Axl only owns the rights to the name, logo's, etc... but not the actual copyright to the songs. Every time the new band plays songs written by the old band (partially or whole), the ex-gunners will receive some money from this. Just like when Velvet Revolver plays one of the GNR songs, Axl will get some money from it. Here in Belgium this kinda thing gets arranged transparently by an organization named SABBAM, which handles copyright 'collections' for artists. It's not even possible to sing up to SABBAM as a band, only as an individual songwriter, so collectively written songs have the actual names of all the people who help write it registered and each gets an equal share.

Don't know how this works in the states though.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2006, 12:05:33 PM »

nah, that doesnt work like that

then I should be paying the band every time I sing welcome to the jungle, or every tribute band will be paying them...

you can play what ever song you want live.
but the problem appears when you start selling it in diferent medias, tape, cd, dvd

TheMole
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2006, 12:10:08 PM »

nah, that doesnt work like that

then I should be paying the band every time I sing welcome to the jungle, or every tribute band will be paying them...

you can play what ever song you want live.
but the problem appears when you start selling it in diferent medias, tape, cd, dvd

Well, I have a band here and we have a demo disc recorded that sometimes gets played be DJ's we know at parties 'n stuff. Every time it gets played, we earn some money. If we cover another band, and we get payed for it, we have to pay some money (if we actually tell SABBAM we did, or they are in the audience, which they sometimes do). You only have to pay of you earn money off of it, and it's proportionate(sp?).
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2006, 12:14:35 PM »

yeah a dvd with the old songs played live and no new songs ... yeah ... thats exactly what we want ... Smiley

Steel_Angel
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2006, 12:19:34 PM »

cool rumor, thanks lucky. u rock  ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2006, 12:20:56 PM »

I think it depends on in what country it is copyrighted.
Thanks for the info Lucky. So you enjoyed the show.

End of summer comes before fall.

Maybe they will release the first single beforehand/at the same time and the rest of new songs will be left out of the DVD. In this case, the probable first single materials would be the ones being played more frequently among the 6.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2006, 12:37:11 PM »

It could be a CD + DVD combo come to think of it

I dont think so.
IF it actually happens, it will be a Single, AFD+4 new songs DVD, CD, DVD(all new songs)

madagas
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2006, 12:40:51 PM »

A dvd before the album is an absolute ridiculously bad thing to do. But, par for the course. rant
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2006, 12:44:25 PM »

It could be a CD + DVD combo come to think of it

I dont think so.
IF it actually happens, it will be a Single, AFD+4 new songs DVD, CD, DVD(all new songs)

Yeah after the CD release, we probably won't see them playing the same setlist as that on the DVD. Releasing the dvd of this run makes sense.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2006, 12:53:24 PM »

A dvd before the album is an absolute ridiculously bad thing to do. But, par for the course. rant
depends...
if the single is released at the time, and people like it, they'd wanna buy it.

and I guess many people who went to these shows would like to have something to remember them by.

madagas
« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2006, 12:55:29 PM »

I went to two shows at Hammerstein. Enough bullshit, we need the album-period. We have been jerked around long enough (in regards to the record). Angry
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2006, 03:23:49 PM »

no no no!!!!

A DVD would be seen as another "oh see they can't complete the album"- excuse. That is not gonna happen. Unless the GNR-Camp is totally nuts.

Like stated by others before i think it is realistic to create two scenarios:

a. the album + DVD
b. the album  and later on (around christmas) the dvd

all depends on waht's going on with CD

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #117 on: June 01, 2006, 03:25:23 PM »

DVD could be a good idea before the release. It would get the GnR name out again. New DVD along with new merch and other products would be great. As long as there is a set release date for CD at the time the DVD is being released. It owuld be a nice hold you over type deal.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #118 on: June 01, 2006, 03:29:39 PM »

i guess thats why axl's not changing clothes too much.......if they are playing to a click track, they can actually edit parts of songs together.

although, thats not very rock n roll of them, is it?? LOL
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #119 on: June 01, 2006, 03:31:55 PM »

Who exactly is this camera man? Merck? he seems to know alot of Axl's wishes hihi or maybe it's the dude who interviewed everybody on the Don't cry making of fucking videos?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: