Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:29:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)  (Read 58257 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #300 on: February 25, 2006, 03:49:21 PM »

I think twat sounds pretty damn studio, axl's voice is done up like in estranged with that eccho effect or whatever the proper terminology is.... Is there any chance at least twat is studio?? Hell no one knows how the songs are really supposed to sound, the lack of drums might be the way it is supposed to be heard..  I think better needs a touch up, but maybe the second half is how it's supposed to be.. Huh

Didnt Dizzy Reed say that there were like 3 different versions of each song?

Imagine that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #301 on: February 25, 2006, 03:55:42 PM »

all the leaks are marketing from the GN'R camp to give some more credibility to the next tour?what do you think
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #302 on: February 25, 2006, 04:00:33 PM »

I agree
Steel_Angel
« Reply #303 on: February 25, 2006, 04:01:25 PM »

fo sho.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #304 on: February 25, 2006, 04:05:22 PM »

I think this is a smart move by Axl and his management. It has created a huge buzz.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #305 on: February 25, 2006, 04:32:45 PM »

all the leaks are marketing from the GN'R camp to give some more credibility to the next tour?what do you think

Would single do better job  Grin

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #306 on: February 25, 2006, 04:39:11 PM »

plus, and this is another rub, it's making Axl back into a sympathetic figure. people are actually feeling sorry for him now that his baby got leaked, after all the years of slaving at it, that they're forgetting the shit he's pulled, how long he's made us wait (i'm not bitter, but let's call a spade a spade...). now, in the eyes of some, he's not the guy that ruined the best band since Zeppelin, he's the tragic artist who slaved over his craft for so long, only to have it compromised when the light at the end of the tunnel was getting brighter.

really, it's so obvious that GnR/ Axl are probably shocked people can't see it themselves....wasn't there a comment that they were gonna try some revolutionary marketing techniques? well....here it is. and it's working brilliantly.
spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #307 on: February 25, 2006, 04:42:50 PM »

If it was management why would they tell radio to stop playing them, and why would they leek demo's? has said before a single would create a buzz
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #308 on: February 25, 2006, 05:04:30 PM »

If it was management why would they tell radio to stop playing them, and why would they leek demo's? has said before a single would create a buzz

I think they are telling radio to stop playing the songs b/c its the "management" thing to do.  They want to act like these are fan leaks, not official leaks - creates more of a buzz, makes the demos more desirable to listen too. 

A single would be cool, but I dont' think the album is near  completion.  So rather then just hear ONE new song, we are hearing 3-5 more.  This way, when you go to a GNR concert this year, you won't have people sitting down when a CD song comes on...people will actually be singing along.  If they go on tour and have NO new songs to promote, its going to be a pretty lame tour.  The timing got all messed up, so they are leaking demos until the album is ready.  Thats my theory at least.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #309 on: February 25, 2006, 05:14:55 PM »

they tell the radios to stop playing it, after it's been played repeatedly, so a) the fans don't get the idea that a demo is the actual song and b) to perpetuate the idea of Axl being robbed or something. turn the jackass rock star into a sympathetic figure.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #310 on: February 25, 2006, 11:09:29 PM »

They obviously are demos, not finished pieces. The question is, how far along the continuum of completion are they? In other words, demo 1, 2, 3, 10 or 15?
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #311 on: February 25, 2006, 11:18:27 PM »

I bet some aren't
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #312 on: February 26, 2006, 01:33:27 AM »

Better sounds far superior to TWAT and IRS. THat makes me thinkits the real thing,. Not only does it sound more polished, there subtleties in terms of layering, vocal double ups/harmonies and other little flourishes that the other 2 dont have

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
killerbee_vr6
Opening Act

The lights they shine so bright

« Reply #313 on: February 26, 2006, 01:33:46 AM »

It's not a coincidence that the first-ever leaks and the tour are announced within days of each other. Think about the probability of this. "Unauthorized" leaks happening at precisely the same time as a tour that has at LEAST several weeks of planning behind it. No way. We're hearing what we're intended to hear.

4/3/93 Sacramento
12/29/01 Las vegas
12/31/01 Las Vegas
9/20/06 SF
9/21/06 SF
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #314 on: February 26, 2006, 01:36:33 AM »

I can see that you are new to the forum.  Please read the sticky topics posted near the top of the page.  We've had a problem with the same topics being started multiple times in the past couple of weeks.  So, before you post a new thread, please use the search function.   Smiley
McDuff
« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2006, 01:41:35 AM »

Better sounds far superior to TWAT and IRS. THat makes me thinkits the real thing,. Not only does it sound more polished, there subtleties in terms of layering, vocal double ups/harmonies and other little flourishes that the other 2 dont have

Well some singers vocal double ups on demos,I think that they are demos because the vocals aren't mixed right smoking
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2006, 01:49:50 AM »

TWAT and IRS are demos for sure.

Better probably is, but it sounds pretty good... could be the final product.

Remember Axl said that Oh My God was a demo (on end of days st) and that track sounds fantastic compaired to IRS and TWAT.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
McDuff
« Reply #317 on: February 26, 2006, 01:57:03 AM »

TWAT and IRS are demos for sure.

Better probably is, but it sounds pretty good... could be the final product.

Remember Axl said that Oh My God was a demo (on end of days st) and that track sounds fantastic compaired to IRS and TWAT.

Yeah I agree that Better does sound almost finished,it's an awesome song peace
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #318 on: February 26, 2006, 02:05:50 AM »

Yes it is!  The only thing I'd change in better is after that metal part (then the computer sounding guitar) it rushes right into "All that I wanted was", IMO it should just go into the "now I know you better..." part then back into that beautiful solo.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #319 on: February 26, 2006, 03:55:11 AM »

the drums sound to bad to be anything else but demos IMO
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: