Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 02:41:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)  (Read 58240 times)
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #280 on: February 25, 2006, 07:57:21 AM »

More like "work in progress".
Matatata
Headliner

« Reply #281 on: February 25, 2006, 08:17:58 AM »

I think twat sounds pretty damn studio, axl's voice is done up like in estranged with that eccho effect or whatever the proper terminology is.... Is there any chance at least twat is studio?? Hell no one knows how the songs are really supposed to sound, the lack of drums might be the way it is supposed to be heard..? I think better needs a touch up, but maybe the second half is how it's supposed to be.. Huh

I definitely can hear real drums, on TWAT,Better and I.R.S (those are all I've hear so far). I generally like those tunes and I wonder why there are complains and fears concerning drum machines. Sure, they are beeing used, but most of the time I can hear a good ol drummer beating his kit. Well, I do not know much other "new" material and I do prefer real drums too. At least those leaks don't make me expect too much drum machine usage.

I doubt those leaks are final versions, although the arrangements sound good to me.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #282 on: February 25, 2006, 08:19:17 AM »

twat sounds way too much like a demo, especially the vocals.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
SADIS
« Reply #283 on: February 25, 2006, 08:27:00 AM »

I think they are demo's.

Cause I have my own little home studio and you would be surprised how easy it is to make something sound pretty good. With all the new computer technologies it's alot easier to make something pretty quick that already sounds pretty awesome......

spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #284 on: February 25, 2006, 08:29:52 AM »

Did anyone hear the november rain demo with the acoustic guitar? Look how much that demo change to the final product that was on the album, could and probaly will be the same with these songs.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #285 on: February 25, 2006, 09:03:01 AM »

The leaks are coming from the GN'R camp. They know that fans are interested in the new music and they'll buy the album. So it doesn't matter if the downloaded some songs or the whole album. Others who aren't GN'R fans can have a chance to know the new band's direction - if they like ot, they may buy the album.

Axl and his people doesn't risk anything by leaking these songs: who is interested in the band will buy CD. Who isn't as interested to go and buy it will download it the day it comes out or the next day. So they won't lose a cent, but the leaking can warn the old fans that Axl's back and can make new fans who wouldn't buy the album since they didn't like the classic Guns N' Roses.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
RichardNixon
« Reply #286 on: February 25, 2006, 09:56:59 AM »

I think "TWAT" and "IRS" sound like demos, but "Better" could be the final version--sounds great, btw.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #287 on: February 25, 2006, 10:00:15 AM »

They are ALL demo's.

Fact.
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #288 on: February 25, 2006, 10:12:01 AM »

I can't see how it could be for any other reason than to draw attention to the live shows coincidentally announced at the same time as the leaks.

Arctic Monkey released demos of their songs last year on their own site and now their debut album has become the fastest selling debut rock album of all time in the UK and has shaken up the music industry and how music is marketed. Axl has clearly been paying attention.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #289 on: February 25, 2006, 12:11:37 PM »

I don't claim to know anything about music and how it's mixed but I think these are demo's they just don't have that finished sound to me.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #290 on: February 25, 2006, 12:15:58 PM »

They are demo's

no doubt.   Smiley

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #291 on: February 25, 2006, 12:18:07 PM »

They're demos.  The quality of the tracks combined with the sketchy transitions makes proof enough for me.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #292 on: February 25, 2006, 12:38:52 PM »

What really makes one a demo or not?  If it sounds bad, demo, good final cut?  some of the mix on VR sounded rough, and they were the final cut.  Sometimes artists go for a certain sound.  The end of better sounds final to me.  Parts of TWAT sound pretty close to final.  I think compression of these files during the leak also attributed to shitty quality.  They may be "demo's" now, however, get them mastered, and they could easily be singles. 
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #293 on: February 25, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »

I doubt that they're finished.  A demo can be a lot of different things.  Sometimes a demo's a close to finished song that just needs to be mixed and have other post-production stuff done to it, other times it's a really rought cut.  I think all these songs sound close to finished, but the mix could be better on all of them
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #294 on: February 25, 2006, 01:39:01 PM »

keep in mind that these demos are anywhere from 8 or 9 years old. they have had plenty of time to improve them. they will sound better on CD.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #295 on: February 25, 2006, 01:43:17 PM »

after all. i really dont think they released these songs to check what the fans / audience think of them.
i mean, come on. after 10 years, like they'll go " oh geez, they dont like the songs ... lets get back to work....."

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #296 on: February 25, 2006, 01:45:01 PM »

Dizzy said most of the songs have three or four different version. TWAT is an example of that. So who knows what other versions of Better, IRS or the other songs are like.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #297 on: February 25, 2006, 02:04:19 PM »

there is no doubt in my mind they are demos.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #298 on: February 25, 2006, 03:37:27 PM »

I also think they are demos, however, several other threads have people stating that these leaks and the leaks claiming to be on the way are from the 2 CDs that AXL had with him at a club in NYC.  I'm not saying that this is true, but if so, why in the hell would Axl be traveling around in 2006 with old CD demos to play? 
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #299 on: February 25, 2006, 03:43:45 PM »

I'm not saying that this is true, but if so, why in the hell would Axl be traveling around in 2006 with old CD demos to play??

To be on the safe side and to have a cop-out for possible negative feedback.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: