Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 07:29:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)  (Read 58272 times)
lastroots
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2006, 02:48:44 PM »

I am reading some things about these demos on the board which are pretty funny. I am an older fan, so bear with me. Pretent you never heard november rain. I have 2 really old demo versions. Axl and a piano, and axl and 1 guitar. If this was the 1st time you heard NR, most people would be like "what the hell is this?". But look how good that song turned out to be! I think twat and better will be really amazing.

Yeas, I have these demos as well, but they are not comparable to the current ones IMO. They were really early stage stuff, but these new ones sound pretty much finished. Just some pices and bits that are not added yet.

However, they are great.

/lastroots
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2006, 02:50:01 PM »

They are basic demos converted in mp'3 (with a sound loss).

I already said that... but drums SUCKS and bass SUCKS. rytm parts sounds very "korn"

Better and TWAT are supposed to be the big guns in the album, according to many interviews. These songs are supposed to be the "estranged" and the "Sweet child" of the upcoming album...

Compare the new tracks with appetite or UYI demos? Tongue

The songs are not bad... but they are not "revolutionary"

"revolution" were the beatles, not chinese democracy.

I'm tryin to say that the songs are not bad... but they are not what they sold me with interviews and comments.

Yeah totally agree with you.

These songs are terrific songs but they aren't revolutionary. They are not this mindblowing experience that will appeal to everyone.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2006, 03:20:47 PM »

They are basic demos converted in mp'3 (with a sound loss).

I already said that... but drums SUCKS and bass SUCKS. rytm parts sounds very "korn"

Better and TWAT are supposed to be the big guns in the album, according to many interviews. These songs are supposed to be the "estranged" and the "Sweet child" of the upcoming album...

Compare the new tracks with appetite or UYI demos? Tongue

The songs are not bad... but they are not "revolutionary"

"revolution" were the beatles, not chinese democracy.

I'm tryin to say that the songs are not bad... but they are not what they sold me with interviews and comments.

Yeah totally agree with you.

These songs are terrific songs but they aren't revolutionary. They are not this mindblowing experience that will appeal to everyone.

No song will be "revolutionary" All we can do is hope for a great album by our favorite band. Some will love it and some will hate it. Not everyone likes the same thing. But I think we can all agree these songs are good and it gives us something to look forward to!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2006, 03:22:33 PM »

BE PATIENT!!!............... hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2006, 03:28:02 PM »

Right and Axl knows as much-he said as much to Rolling Stone! It seems to me Axl knows he aint gonna please everybody and hes fine with it-IMO it was and always has been about pleasing himself-making the record he wanted to make-not to be the fucking savior of the music industry. It was never about a revolution except to us. JMO.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
gav
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2006, 04:21:55 PM »

I'm sick of people claiming these songs aren't the revolutionary, mind-blowing experience that poeple are apparantly expecting. Axl has never promised us an earth-shattering, monumental album. He has simply taken this time to create an album he is happy with. The length of time it has taken for this album to eventually see the light of day has, unfortunately, created a massive expectation.

But these songs, notwithstanding their 'demo' status, are superb and if they are a merely a taste of what we can expect, then I am one happy mother fucker.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 04:32:26 PM by Gavgnr » Logged
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2006, 04:32:03 PM »

These new tunes rock.

"Better" has a great melody and "TWAT" has unreal guitar.

Studio version TWAT could be one of the greatest songs Axl ever puts his name to.
Shoeboy
Headliner

Got my mojo workin'...

« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2006, 04:43:48 PM »

These are demos.  They aren't finished.   There's no way that the band or label officially release this material with such sloppy mixes of IRS and TWAT.  If these are the final cuts, then this has been a waste of time and a lot of $$$.

BTW, don't tell me that if you think the money spent is an issue that you're not a fan.  The money spent on this album is every bit as much of an issue as the amount of time that it took to complete.  It's all part of the story.

I think when the final album comes out, it will sound significantly more refined.  As of now, the vocals are just kind of there.  They are not integrated with the music (with the possible exception of 'Better' ). 

My conspiracy theory- the band and management allowed these demos to leak as a cover while the masters move from Sterling Sound over to duplication.  The 'real deal' is yet to come.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2006, 04:51:43 PM »

I think twat is great, I have only one remark.

the guitar work in first 15 s needs to be better.

other than that it's a+

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2006, 05:06:36 PM »

My conspiracy theory- the band and management allowed these demos to leak as a cover while the masters move from Sterling Sound over to duplication.  The 'real deal' is yet to come.

That actually isnt such a crazy conspiracy-get some demos out of just enough quality that they distract everyone from the final product being mastered and pressed. hmmm....

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
gally
Headliner

slane 92, leeds 02, dublin 06

« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2006, 06:02:49 PM »

this just dosent make sense,

Axl must be behind the leaks, because if he wasnt he could just sit at home, rather than his recnet appearences?

there may be more too, what happens if there are another 3 leaked, thats half an albumn
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2006, 06:04:54 PM »

-IF- Axl is behind the leaks, perhaps he ONLY leaked three of them?   Why must there be more?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
gally
Headliner

« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2006, 06:06:20 PM »

now better has been extended!!!!! almost another meg of this song

why not pop it up on itunes and let it sell, why hold back
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2006, 06:08:14 PM »

It's still not the whole song. You can tell...
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2006, 06:10:35 PM »

what do you mean 'bow better has been extended" by 1 meg.....

are you referring to the 2:01 version???

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2006, 06:16:59 PM »

Would you please stop starting new threads for everything that pops into your heads.

Take a minute or two and look back a few pages to see if there's already a recent thread about "your" subject.

You can also use the thing we call "Search" for finding threads/posts.

If you newbies don't stop posting these repeat threads, I'll have to set up this board so that only moderators can start new threads. Is that what you all want? We spend too much time merging threads these days because some of you are too fucking lazy!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gally
Headliner

« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2006, 06:23:31 PM »

oops sorry dude!!!!

Axl must be behind this!!!

i reckon there could be one or more too leaked

WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2006, 06:28:17 PM »

I think someone just ripped them from the master disc at low quality.  They didn't have time to adjust the quality, and then Axl walked back into the room during the ripping of "Better", so the rip was aborted.  Yup, that's what happened.

fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2006, 06:29:31 PM »

Please tell me your joking...you are...right?

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2006, 06:29:44 PM »

yeah sure    that?s what happened ok

seems that someone ripped the master 3 years ago...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: