Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:36:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Out ta Get Me: Rock in Rio 2006 (Its over)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Out ta Get Me: Rock in Rio 2006 (Its over)  (Read 9240 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2006, 03:21:34 AM »

Best thread ever, period.  rofl

Axl's voice in Better @ Download was just like 2002. hihi

What a waste of time... If you really had heard all those bootlegs, why did you just heard OTGM and got this lame insight about Axl's voice? Sounds like a big excuse here to piss some other people off... Tongue

LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2006, 03:21:38 AM »

Okay POV you say you have seen guns many times! Read my above original post then. I too have seen the band many times and I say that Axl is sounding awesome and so are the band! Try being a little bit more positive! Mike

I'm being realistic.  I've been to over 30 Guns shows in my time, mostly out here on the East Coast.  To those of us who went to those shows in the early 90's, we know its not the same Axl.  Even the Live Era record, which is digitally mastered (probably by Axl himself), reveals a much weaker and higher pitched voice.  Its not my (or the millions of others watching) imagination.

You tell me to go to the shows myself.  Well, what's a digital master recording worth to you then?  Listen to Live Era where Axl re-records over some parts.  If the boot can't give me a true representation of how great Axl's voice is, why are all these people linking BOOTS???   confused
dariano
Headliner

Double talkin' jive, Get the money motherfucker!

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2006, 03:21:49 AM »

let's see... he is 44 you dumbass POV!
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2006, 03:22:31 AM »

LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2006, 03:22:58 AM »

let's see... he is 44 you dumbass POV!

and this is why his voice is shot?  Please clarify.  I actually agree.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2006, 03:23:29 AM »

Brick Wall = DunkinDave   hihi
Gnr_man202
Headliner

...CD comes out when?

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2006, 03:23:40 AM »

No, you can't. Especially when your post was centered on one song.
Try listening to the Novarock boot

Re-read the thread.? I said I had listened to many of the boots.? And if I can't listen to boots to see how Axl's voice is shot, why are you telling me to listen to see how great he sounds?? ?confused
I doubt that you've actually listened ot many boots, because only a few of the shows on the tour, Axl's voice has seemed shot.
Oh, so you're purposely being bias? Why would you want to listen to a boot where Axl has a bad voice? (which has only been a few this tour)

(Oh, and PS, Slash also re-recorded stuff on Live Era, so does Slash suck at guitar now these days? Wink )

CD came out?!!!! CD came out?!!!!!
dariano
Headliner

« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2006, 03:24:17 AM »

Step away from the crack pipe and put the headphones back on, your awesome and over rated Tool cd is being deprived hihi
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2006, 03:24:39 AM »

Everyone - just stop replying to this thread, you can't win with this guy.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2006, 03:25:48 AM »

No, you can't. Especially when your post was centered on one song.
Try listening to the Novarock boot

Re-read the thread.  I said I had listened to many of the boots.  And if I can't listen to boots to see how Axl's voice is shot, why are you telling me to listen to see how great he sounds?   confused

Which boots have you listened to? I want a list and links to these files.

The net feed at Rio 6 was definately screwed up. I remember I couldn't even hear Ron's guitar the first third of the show. Axl's voice faded in and out as the level was adjusted.

NovaRock is a great boot b/c it is so crisp but there are problems with the loudness of Axls' voice projected onto the bootlegger's tape. Download and Hammersmith were tremendous.

Having been to the Hammerstein shows, I can vouch for the lucidity and strength of his vocals. He is definately back at the Illusion era level. His voice in 2002 was muted and safe, as if he hadn't stretched it out or individually lacked confidence. That is no longer the case.  Remember though that the quality of Axl's show to show performance always ran hot and cold; he can sound brilliant on NR but caterwall through YCBM. Be wary of individual samples from shows; they may not tell the whole story.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2006, 03:26:45 AM »

I doubt that you've actually listened ot many boots, because only a few of the shows on the tour, Axl's voice has seemed shot.

Oh, I've listened to just about all the Euro boots, but anyway... go on...

Oh, so you're purposely being bias? Why would you want to listen to a boot where Axl has a bad voice? (which has only been a few this tour)

He has his worser nights, for sure, but all in all, its not 1991 anymore!  That's my point and that's why Axl won't succeed with this band!

(Oh, and PS, Slash also re-recorded stuff on Live Era, so does Slash suck at guitar now these days? Wink )

No offense, but what the fuck?  The point is, Axl did re-record on perfectly mastered digital copies, where we can hear his voice giving way to age.  That was what?  8 years ago?
dariano
Headliner

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2006, 03:26:59 AM »

Such a crime you know it's true!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2006, 03:27:38 AM »

Oh, I've listened to just about all the Euro boots, but anyway... go on...

Which ones, dude? What have you got?

I'll wait while you look up the tour dates and attempt to bullshit your way through this thread.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2006, 03:28:28 AM »

Okay POV you say you have seen guns many times! Read my above original post then. I too have seen the band many times and I say that Axl is sounding awesome and so are the band! Try being a little bit more positive! Mike

I'm being realistic.? I've been to over 30 Guns shows in my time, mostly out here on the East Coast.? To those of us who went to those shows in the early 90's, we know its not the same Axl.? Even the Live Era record, which is digitally mastered (probably by Axl himself), reveals a much weaker and higher pitched voice.? Its not my (or the millions of others watching) imagination.

You tell me to go to the shows myself.? Well, what's a digital master recording worth to you then?? Listen to Live Era where Axl re-records over some parts.? If the boot can't give me a true representation of how great Axl's voice is, why are all these people linking BOOTS?Huh ?confused

There is obviously no reasoning with you then buddy! You have your thoughts and thats its! But you are very wrong! I tell you what I sat behind Brian May at the Hammersmith gig in June and he said that Axl was sounding better than ever! Now I'm sorry but I will take that as a pretty accurate rating on Axls voice any day of the week over some dude who just because he has been to a lot of guns gigs thinks he knows everything about Axls vocal abilities! Mike

LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2006, 03:28:32 AM »

Which ones, dude? What have you got.

drool
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2006, 03:29:33 AM »

drool

We're serious - if you say Axl sang better at a concert 15 years ago, cite a specific example.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2006, 03:29:39 AM »

drool

LOL

You can't even fake it, huh?

Nice try. Now go play in traffic.

dariano
Headliner

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2006, 03:31:03 AM »

let's see...I first saw Axl in 86 and I will assure...his voice sounds a fuck of a lot better now!
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2006, 03:31:37 AM »

drool

LOL

You can't even fake it, huh?

Nice try. Now go play in traffic.

I was going to suggest he burn in a fire, but that might have prompted him to start a thread saying that fire is overrated.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2006, 03:32:40 AM »

Be wary of individual samples from shows; they may not tell the whole story.
I agree. You need to listen to all(well, at least most) of a show to really get a good idea of the show. I was listening to one of these Euro shows, and Axl sounds good on NR, but sucks on Better. I wouldnt go as far as this guy and say his "voice is shot". I just think there is room for improvement considering the fact that he has only performed a few months out of the past 13 years. The one thing that needs ALOT of improvement is Bumblefoot's playing. He just isn't nailing the BH material the way he should be.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: