Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:19:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Out ta Get Me: Rock in Rio 2006 (Its over)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Out ta Get Me: Rock in Rio 2006 (Its over)  (Read 9228 times)
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: July 04, 2006, 02:33:33 AM »

I just watched this clip on youtube.com... man, Axl's voice is shot.  Its gone, folks.  He can't sing anymore.  I used to love the guy's voice too.  He's not even close.  For those who say "he's back", I'm sorry, you must have been really young back in the 80's (or not even born).  That is not the Axl Rose we all grew up with.  He's not even close.  The reason the record has been stalled repeatedly is because his voice is shot and its giving him lots of trouble.  I'm sorry to say it, but Axl is finished.  I will miss him too, he delivered some mesmorizing songs. 
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 02:36:03 AM »

Um - the Rock in Rio show had a faulty audio mix.

Download some of the other bootlegs available from this year and I'm sure your opinion will change.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 02:37:59 AM »

This is an excuse, bro.  You can't blame the mix.  No mix makes that voice sound right.  Don't make excuses for him.  I used to love his concert voice back in the early 90's (when others hated it).  Its not even close.  The mix...  hihi
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 02:39:59 AM »

This is an excuse, bro.? You can't blame the mix.?

The band's manager even issued a statement about it. One of the soundboards malfunctioned.
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 02:41:44 AM »

a clip from youtube is hardly the place to evaluate anything! axl sounds pretty damn great so far!

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 02:43:34 AM »

The band's manager even issued a statement about it. One of the soundboards malfunctioned.

ie Axl's voice really blew tonight, so we must officially release a list of excuses to the public.  Dude, it has nothing to do with the soundboards.  You either have a voice or you don't.  The soundboard can enhance the voice and balance it with the music, but it can't totally alter the voice coming into the mic (unless its specifically designed for this).   

FWIW, I've listened to the other shows too.  He's not anything near the Axl of old.  That's why he's no longer selling out arenas in North America.  If his voice was right, he'd be ruler of the rock world right now, because most of the rock music out today kinda sucks.  Look, I used to worship Axl.  I'm not trying to bash him, but its over...
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 02:44:33 AM »

a clip from youtube is hardly the place to evaluate anything! axl sounds pretty damn great so far!

He sounded just like the 2002 VMA's in that clip.  But I suppose its youtube's fault and the soundboard's fault, huh?  Funny how they replicated that 2002 VMA voice just so perfectly.   hihi
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 02:47:19 AM »

I'm a faggot who hasn't been paying attention to what the band has been doing and think I can come on a Guns N' Roses board and act like I know what I'm talking about

Sorry, you can't.

Oh gee, here's a clip where the sound mix is acceptable:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cml1_HmDf-g

Does that suck too?
Gnr_man202
Headliner

...CD comes out when?

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 02:51:58 AM »

So now it's 'over' because Axl had a bad performance of a song more than a month ago?

CD came out?!!!! CD came out?!!!!!
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 02:53:15 AM »

Does that suck too?

Honestly, yes.  The band sounds great, Axl's voice is acceptable in the intro, but he loses control of it during the verses.  Even with the music sped up, he still can't hit the same notes he could before.  Its over, bro.  Was that the best you got?  His voice sounds horrible. 
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 02:56:43 AM »

Haha, I'm looking "KOHD" from RiR06 for the ... don't know ... 700th time, and I remember what my girlfriend said, when she first saw it: "Wow, he really can sing now?" She never was a big GNR-fan, but she really was impressed by the (SicRadical)-Clips of RiR06.

Restraint is for suckers.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 03:00:27 AM »

Was that the best you got??

His voice sounds horrible.?

Flame bait - ban please.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 03:00:57 AM »

Haha, I'm looking "KOHD" from RiR06 for the ... don't know ... 700th time, and I remember what my girlfriend said, when she first saw it: "Wow, he really can sing now?" She never was a big GNR-fan, but she really was impressed by the (SicRadical)-Clips of RiR06.

Dude, I was a huge Axl fan back in the day.  There's nothing that will convince me his voice is better or on the same level now as it was 15 years ago.  If anything, with the type of voice he has, his age is probably hurting it more than anything.  We're not talking about Frank Sinatra here.  You can dream all you want, but none of the 2006 stuff is anywhere near vintage Axl. 
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 03:01:35 AM »

Flame bait - ban please.

You asked a question, I answered it.  What else did you want me to do?
Death Cube K
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 03:02:53 AM »

You have no idea what the fuck youre talking about. I saw Axl dead center at Oslo Spektrum last Wednesday and his voice was fantastic. If you havent been to any shows and are just watching Youtube, then please do everyone a favour and shut your mouth.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 03:03:26 AM »

Dude, I was a huge Axl fan back in the day.? There's nothing that will convince me his voice is better or on the same level now as it was 15 years ago.? If anything, with the type of voice he has, his age is probably hurting it more than anything.? We're not talking about Frank Sinatra here.? You can dream all you want, but none of the 2006 stuff is anywhere near vintage Axl.?

Do you even have any bootlegs?
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 03:04:18 AM »

I have been to 5 shows now. Sometimes, the mix sucked (Rock am Ring, Zurich), sometimes, it was great. Maybe the bad mix sometimes coincided with Axl having a bad voice day, I'm not arguing that. All I'm saying is that the people I dragged to the shows who are not even the slightest bit into Gn'R at all were very impressed by the concerts.

I have seen some of the bootlegs of the shows I have been at - they are complete crap, the sound was totally different at the show. And it is my opinion that they do concerts for the people that attend it, not for the bootleggers.

If you have a chance to catch em live, do yourself the favor and get a basis for your criticism.

PS: If you don't like the 2006 version of Axl, why don't you just move on and leave us fatuous Axl-lovers here to ourselves.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 03:07:26 AM by tonya_ytzerman » Logged

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
Death Cube K
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 03:05:44 AM »

Exactly.

Those who have not been to any of these shows should be be allowed to express opinions on this matter because they simply havent any basic information. Bootlegs my ass.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 03:06:00 AM »

I'm a faggot who hasn't been paying attention to what the band has been doing and think I can come on a Guns N' Roses board and act like I know what I'm talking about

Sorry, you can't.

Does that suck too?

I gotta agree with POV, Axl's voice on Paradise City really isn't much different than at the VMAs. I'm not bashing, but it's still high-pitched. I actually thought Out Ta Get Me was his best performance at RIR vocally - apart from KOHD, which was gold. But every time someone says his voice isn't good, people say "you can't judge from a low-quality bootleg"...POV is right - it might be low quality but you can still hear his voice and tell if it's high pitched or not.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 03:06:06 AM »

Do you even have any bootlegs?

Of course.  Look, don't try to act like I'm not a real Gunner just because I think Axl's voice has really lost a lot in the past say 15 years.  Its just a simple fact.  I was hoping Axl would make a strong comeback, but I don't think he can with this 2006 voice.  Its mostly helium with a few old Axl's screeches here and there.  Facts are facts.  Why is he not selling out shows in the US?  Why no album?  Why?  Because his voice is gone. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: