Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:41:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  boring solos, long breaks, bad press and audience running away
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: boring solos, long breaks, bad press and audience running away  (Read 15210 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2006, 09:17:16 AM »

1) the solos proves guns are good musicians, and give the opportuny to each member to express his own feelings
2) it introduces them to people who never heard about them.
3) if people get bored by the jams and solos, stay at home, buy a fucking greatest hits or a karaoke DVD.
4) don't complain the gigs are too long. it's stupid to pray to see less.

i want a 4 hours show next time in paris, if u ask me.
and i don't care if there's 12 solos in the 4 hours.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2006, 09:35:28 AM »

It makes sense on so many counts as well as the above it gives the crowd time to calm down too cause being at the front of WTTJ ISE and brownstone you can feel a little tired lol!!! Smiley

Fish
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2006, 09:43:29 AM »

lol I kno what u mean... when I was in RiR the same thing happened, I started seeing so many ppl leaving during the solos... They gotta think of another way... but then, would u prefer to have a shorter show? dunno Undecided

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2006, 09:50:43 AM »

I think the solos are good but they need to tighten them up, a lot of people know what they are going to get Im not saying a new solo every show that would be impossible just change it around, lead into a song, different solos etc.

fish
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2006, 09:58:33 AM »

What does the poster mean by breaks--do they take intermissions? Or that mean there's a lot of pause between each song? What? Just curious. ?
Personally. I lovvve guitar solos so I don't think that if I ever choose to see this new band that would make if boring for me ...I really like Richard's guitar work when he was backing Stinson's solo tour ok
(although I'm not laying any live money out until there is a new CD-2 or 3 leaked tunes-which I haven't bothered to hunt for-does not warrant shelling out concert ticket money...but that's just me)
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2006, 10:02:07 AM »

How bout dropping a rob solo and changing the order of ISE and before that we get a Stinson solo Smiley

Fish
Lowrlder54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2006, 10:09:05 AM »

Maybe he needs to long breaks to catch his breath? You know he is in his 40's.... Id rather see an Axl that can carry a tune, then an axl thats collasping on stage.
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2006, 10:11:54 AM »

It broke my heart to se so many people leave spektrum arena in Oslo during Robins last solo before Paradise City crying
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2006, 10:13:07 AM »

worst topic EVER!!!

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2006, 10:27:05 AM »

worst topic EVER!!!

Why do you waste your time answering then? nervous
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2006, 10:55:27 AM »

Mick Jaeger is in his 60s, and the Stones manage to find better ways to maintain the flow of the show and Mick's abilities.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2006, 11:09:33 AM »

by break i mean "pause";

i don't think that this is the worst topic ever, for i suppose it's about the major flaw of this current tour; (despite the fact that it's a greatest hit tour disguised as chinese democracy-tour...)

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Origen
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2006, 11:21:53 AM »

1) the solos proves guns are good musicians, and give the opportuny to each member to express his own feelings
The solos do anythink but that especially Fincks, he gets more abuse for playing his solos then not playing them.

3) if people get bored by the jams and solos, stay at home, buy a fucking greatest hits or a karaoke DVD
Oh please stop crying about it, people pay to see Guns N Roses, if they don't like some part of the show that they payed to see them let them complain.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2006, 11:24:05 AM »

Mick Jaeger is in his 60s, and the Stones manage to find better ways to maintain the flow of the show and Mick's abilities.

Good point, i dont get the age thing, think of Tyler, Jagger (who has decreased but still up for it) etc

Fish
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2006, 11:32:39 AM »

The solos do anythink but that especially Fincks, he gets more abuse for playing his solos then not playing them.

that's true: as much as i like finck a s a guitarist, i have to admit that people don't respond too well to his solos: it's not what they are expecting from a "rock" guitarist: the fact that finck is not showing off with his techniques (skills) makes people think he might not be a good guitar player, which is not true; but true is that his solo-solos don't really make sense in a rock show context... his solos during the songs (with band) are in fact "better"...

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2006, 11:48:45 AM »

I enjoy the solos, I don't think they are too long nor are there too many. ?I love the fact they we get to see each member in the spotlight and to see each of their unique styles. ?Those of you that are bored, have you ever been to a concert in which a band likes to jam and extends a 5 minute song into 12 minutes? ?I enjoy the music as much as the singing, so for me it makes a more complete show.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2006, 11:49:43 AM »

they are boring. axl should wear his oxygen air mask near the stage so he dont have to go back far to get the air!
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2006, 11:52:05 AM »

I HATE the solos, but I think that I wouldn't even hate them as much if they were broken up better. ?Look at some of the setlists. ?It's one song, then a solo, then a song, then a solo.

Axl needs to play more songs in-between solos. ?I understand that he needs the rest, but the solos kill the momentum. ?I've said it before: ?People who "love" the solos are in the minority at the shows. ?

I do agree with the other posters who said that back in '92 they were boring too. ?But those were placed much better. ?I'd rather have one or two LONG solos, then a bunch of short ones.
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2006, 12:04:31 PM »

Solos are needed IMO they give the rest of the band a time to shine when the spotlight is on AXL.
This incarnation of Guns is really the Axl Rose show, I don't think that's uppermost in his mind.

I understand that Axl isn't getting any younger, but compare the way he does things to, for example DragonForce.  Granted they are all younger, but they run and jump around all the time.  They break the set up with a keyboard solo which usually runs into a soling duel - this never really lasts longer than five minutes, then they're on to play again.  If Axl's running out of energy can they not just play a couple of ballads in quick succession?

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
anythinggoes
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2006, 12:08:30 PM »

by break i mean "pause";

i don't think that this is the worst topic ever, for i suppose it's about the major flaw of this current tour; (despite the fact that it's a greatest hit tour disguised as chinese democracy-tour...)

Greatest hits??? the songs played are mainly from Appetite RQ OYGM My Michelle were never released as singles

2 From Lies UTLH Patience

4 From Illusion + and an Instrumental YCBM November Rain LALD And KOHD last two covers and KOHD was played from early days

and then 5 from Chinese an Album not yet released

i would not call it greatest hits just some cool kick ass GNR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: