Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:57:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Oslo, Norway @ Spektrum, 28th June / Updates with picture July 4th
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oslo, Norway @ Spektrum, 28th June / Updates with picture July 4th  (Read 65781 times)
Death Cube K
« Reply #300 on: June 29, 2006, 10:10:08 AM »

I just got back. Amazing. Will post big review later.
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #301 on: June 29, 2006, 10:21:16 AM »

haha,is it true that Axl said something like: "The swedes loved me so much that they didn't want to let me go"? rofl

shit happens when you party naked
Linuc
Headliner

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #302 on: June 29, 2006, 10:22:55 AM »

haha,is it true that Axl said something like: "The swedes loved me so much that they didn't want to let me go"? rofl
Yes, something like that. But I think he said "europeans", but I'm not sure.

Swedish Guns N' Roses-site & forum:
http://www.gnrsweden.com/
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #303 on: June 29, 2006, 10:24:34 AM »

hehe,ok Wink
I read it in aftonbladet,so I had to ask Grin

shit happens when you party naked
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #304 on: June 29, 2006, 10:30:02 AM »

I jammed a better solo than Finch did on the concert five minutes ago.  Not saying that I am better than Finch (pretty sure I am thou) I just dont like his solos.
Robins solos was alot better.

Edit: Dont get me wrong, I am one of Fichs biggest fans, and I love that he is in the band, I just dont like his solos ok

if you're a fan, you should know his name is "finck" Wink
If you're a fan you should know not to act like a fucking smartass all the time. Whats your requirement for a fan btw?
Perdon me, I'm that kind of person who can be a fan of a band and have all its albums and yet don't bother learning a single name of the members. peace

It's pretty mad thing for me to be able to name even the son of the vocalist's personal assistant. nervous
Death Cube K
« Reply #305 on: June 29, 2006, 10:34:45 AM »

He joked about the Swedish incident all night long and took it all with a big smile. Tommy also found it hilarious. They did the entire set list except TWAT n Bedouins. He was spot on.

Those idiots who says Axl cant sing no more should be executed for stupidity.
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #306 on: June 29, 2006, 10:41:46 AM »

He joked about the Swedish incident all night long and took it all with a big smile. Tommy also found it hilarious. They did the entire set list except TWAT n Bedouins. He was spot on.

Those idiots who says Axl cant sing no more should be executed for stupidity.
we all know axl can sing but we want him to drop a "single" and release an "album" because then it would not matter how he sings and no one would care if this stuff is dropped   
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #307 on: June 29, 2006, 10:43:37 AM »

If you're a fan you should know not to act like a fucking smartass all the time. Whats your requirement for a fan btw?

I just gave my honest opinion about the show.
Richards solo= Good
Robins solo= Not so good

I am definetly a fan, I have all their cds, I have visited this board everyday since 2002, I have over 100gbs of Guns bootlegs, I have been to 4 concerts, I have a big Guns tattoo on my arm and I can play a lot of guns n roses songs on guitar. I am always very suportive of the new band and dont want a reunion right now.
I know i mixed up the names of Robin and Richard but thats probaly since I have been in Oslo all night patying.
Death Cube K
« Reply #308 on: June 29, 2006, 10:45:59 AM »

we all know axl can sing but we want him to drop a "single" and release an "album" because then it would not matter how he sings and no one would care if this stuff is dropped   

I wasnt talking about albums. I was talking about vocal abilities. Albums got nothing to do with that.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #309 on: June 29, 2006, 10:47:11 AM »

He joked about the Swedish incident all night long and took it all with a big smile. Tommy also found it hilarious.

Jolly good! I love those oneliners.  Tell us more.

And that their, Dizzy this time, picking a tune of the country they're in is an excellent idea.

Yes, something like that. But I think he said "europeans", but I'm not sure.
european leg? hihi
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #310 on: June 29, 2006, 10:54:01 AM »

I know i mixed up the names of Robin and Richard but thats probaly since I have been in Oslo all night patying.

I mixed up Robin and Richard's name for all 4 NY gigs  Embarrassed  Yelling the wrong names to the wrong guy too  Embarrassed  I'm a horrible fan lol  But HEY! I know the right names now!

Thanks for all of the reviews everyone, it looks like it was an awesome concert.  I also want to hear the jokes he made about the "Swedish Incident" hihi

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #311 on: June 29, 2006, 10:56:24 AM »

I think it's great when people say things like, "I just jammed a better solo in my bedroom than so-and-so did in front of thousands of people." Really? Too bad no one heard it.

I won't debate Finck's guitar playing, other than to say that I'm a guitar player of 20 years, and when I saw them in NYC, I was fairly impressed with is tone, touch and overall execution. Of course, no one knows if I know what I'm talking about, or I'm just talking shit. On the other hand, a whole lot of people seem to think that they're better at judging guitar players than Axl Rose. Sure - why would he know anything about that? - he's not an incredibly successful musician, or anything.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #312 on: June 29, 2006, 11:06:05 AM »

I jammed a better solo than Finch did on the concert five minutes ago.? Not saying that I am better than Finch (pretty sure I am thou) I just dont like his solos.

Edit: Dont get me wrong, I am one of Fichs biggest fans, and I love that he is in the band, I just dont like his solos ok

Common, I would't. That's good that you're confident about your guitar. I tend to think like no one can play like Robin and yet he can't play like you or other guitarists. Hope you get what I mean.

I just thought you might have mixed up the names and meant to mention both Mr fortus and mr finck in that sentence. Actually, I still do Tongue

No one can play like robin ,the guy screws up so many afd solos, and his solos before songs are really nothing special,, he's a good player on his own stuff, but as far as covering gnr he messes up ALOT!
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #313 on: June 29, 2006, 11:12:21 AM »

i think you're talking about "sail away sweet sister" a queen cover that was used as an intro for sweet child during the illusion tour and i think is a cool song in its original form

It was "Sail Away"
Followed by Grand Funk's "Bad Time".
Axl blended 'em.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #314 on: June 29, 2006, 11:16:04 AM »

I jammed a better solo than Finch did on the concert five minutes ago.  Not saying that I am better than Finch (pretty sure I am thou) I just dont like his solos.

Common, I would't. That's good that you're confident about your guitar. I tend to think like no one can play like Robin and yet he can't play like you or other guitarists. Hope you get what I mean.

I just thought you might have mixed up the names and meant to mention both Mr fortus and mr finck in that sentence. Actually, I still do Tongue

No one can play like robin ,the guy screws up so many afd solos, and his solos before songs are really nothing special,, he's a good player on his own stuff, but as far as covering gnr he messes up ALOT!
i agree.. he likes to make funny faces and lift his legs too high  more than he likes to play the songs correctly
Death Cube K
« Reply #315 on: June 29, 2006, 11:33:43 AM »

i agree.. he likes to make funny faces and lift his legs too high  more than he likes to play the songs correctly

Rather see Robin fuck up a solo than a college geek with glasses and a nice blue shirt on stage playing the songs 100% correctly without one note wrong. Not very rock n roll.
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #316 on: June 29, 2006, 11:38:57 AM »

Rather see Robin fuck up a solo than a college geek with glasses and a nice blue shirt on stage playing the songs 100% correctly without one note wrong. Not very rock n roll.

both of them are not very rock n roll. i dont want to see the stupid face and high legs or the college geek with glasses. they both are not very rock n roll.
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #317 on: June 29, 2006, 11:46:52 AM »

remember Axl says the band doesnt like to play the old song in the beginning (or maybe just Robin?). Axl should let richard and Ron to plays all the old.and robin the new song.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #318 on: June 29, 2006, 11:49:25 AM »

huh?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #319 on: June 29, 2006, 11:52:17 AM »

remember Axl says the band doesnt like to play the old song in the beginning (or maybe just Robin?). Axl should let richard and Ron to plays all the old.and robin the new song.

i agree dean! if robin dont want to play the songs correct and he just wants to do dumb faces and make high legs all the time, he should just play the new songs and not mess up the one the old songs. Richard and Ron would play the old songs well enuf!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: