Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:47:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Oslo, Norway @ Spektrum, 28th June / Updates with picture July 4th
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oslo, Norway @ Spektrum, 28th June / Updates with picture July 4th  (Read 65734 times)
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #280 on: June 29, 2006, 08:08:10 AM »

Alert: This post may contain negative or not-worship comments about the band. Read at your own risk, this is my opinion.

No need for that.

It's an honest review.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Taylor Hicks
Banned
Opening Act

Taylor Hicks is your next American Idol

« Reply #281 on: June 29, 2006, 08:09:06 AM »

Alert: This post may contain negative or not-worship comments about the band. Read at your own risk, this is my opinion.

No need for that.
then why did he put it?
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #282 on: June 29, 2006, 08:16:21 AM »

Who the fuck knows.

About the song intros.. I think it's cool that they try to do something countryspecific everytime.

Guns used to do some 'not so rock' intros back in the day as well. Used songs like One by Elton John, or  bad time to be in love, which, in its original form is far more horrific imo than any of these songs played now.

So it's nothing new. It's okay not to like them. It's just stupid to try and use it as an argument against the new band is what I'm saying.

More about the show. I'm glad Axl was right back on track after the little incident.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #283 on: June 29, 2006, 08:29:46 AM »

I wonder if they kissed or she bit axl, might be the angle but she looks like she could bite an apple through a picket fence hihi Grin

Axl's really having fun..
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #284 on: June 29, 2006, 08:30:47 AM »

Just come home from Oslo. It was amazing, Axl sounded great! I don't really have time with an review right now, must have some sleep... I met the whole band except Axl and Finck at the After Party. AMAZING!...
...Hope you enjoyed the updates I gave to Steve McKagan. It was quiet hard but I hope you enjoyed it.

Good night!

Yeah, I did enjoy them and thank you for taking the time to do them.? (That goes to everyone else who's done it for this tour too.) ? Cool

As you were there, perhaps you could answer a question I have regarding the standing arrangements.? Did they have a separate section at the front of the venue and were you given a wristband or something so that you could come and go?? Also, roughly what time did people start queuing to get in?? Reason for asking is that I have a standing ticket for the 8th and know that each venue/location seem to have slightly different procedures.? Thanks in advance.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Linuc
Headliner

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #285 on: June 29, 2006, 08:32:45 AM »

I don't know, I wasn't on the floor.

But I'm quiet sure it wasn't some things like wrist bands.

Swedish Guns N' Roses-site & forum:
http://www.gnrsweden.com/
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #286 on: June 29, 2006, 08:48:08 AM »

Can someone ban Taylor Hicks from this board?
He is fucking annoying bitching this and that bout the new band.
What a childish pathetic loser you are.

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #287 on: June 29, 2006, 08:50:53 AM »

He might be all that, but insulting fellowposters is against the rules.

odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #288 on: June 29, 2006, 08:51:07 AM »

I just got home from Oslo and here is my personal opinion of the concert.

The show was great in some ways and bad in other ways. Me and my friends were standing about 20 feet right in front of the stage and had pretty good sight.

The positive things:
+ There was alot of energy on the stage
+ I dont think there were any fuckups or messed up parts
+ Great setlist
+ I was standing next to some hot girls
+ Paradise city and Nightrain was great!
+ Axl was smiling and joking all night

The negative things:
- Couldnt hear Axl voice on a lot of the songs
- There was to many solos ( I think I could have played a better solo than Finch, Richards solo was good thou)
- A really bad drum solo
- A lot of people left during the solos, hundreds of people left when Finch did his last solo before PC (I am not exagurating)
- There was some problems with the mix, could never hear Ron Thal

All in all, it was a good concert for me that is a super fan. For the casual concert goer I think it was pretty boring to listen to all those solos and new songs. Most people was sending text messages and going to the bar during them.
I hate to say this but its just the way it was.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 10:57:23 AM by odd1 » Logged
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #289 on: June 29, 2006, 09:16:22 AM »

From what I can gather from those people willing to put aside their fanboy/fangirl personas and give an honest review (and they are easy to spot here), this edition of GNR, and this tour specifically, are not going overall that well.  Maybe it's the number of solos or the mix or the number of new songs, but more than anything its the lack of any released material by this band.  They are not going to have any real substantial success (or impact) as a band until they release music and that music is well received.  Until then, all the sold out concerts in eurpoe are really meaningless.  Especially is the casual fans are leaving dissappointed.  It's a glorified cover band right now and to many of us that lived the proud history of the original band in the late 80's and early 90's, its so so sad.  They must/need to release music for that perception to change within the masses.  I'll grant you that that perception doesn't exist here in large quantity among the hard core fans, but its prevalent throughout the rest of the music listening world. 
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #290 on: June 29, 2006, 09:23:46 AM »

From what I can gather from those people willing to put aside their fanboy/fangirl personas and give an honest review (and they are easy to spot here), this edition of GNR, and this tour specifically, are not going overall that well.? Maybe it's the number of solos or the mix or the number of new songs, but more than anything its the lack of any released material by this band.? They are not going to have any real substantial success (or impact) as a band until they release music and that music is well received.? Until then, all the sold out concerts in eurpoe are really meaningless.? Especially is the casual fans are leaving dissappointed.? It's a glorified cover band right now and to many of us that lived the proud history of the original band in the late 80's and early 90's, its so so sad.? They must/need to release music for that perception to change within the masses.? I'll grant you that that perception doesn't exist here in large quantity among the hard core fans, but its prevalent throughout the rest of the music listening world.?

The rest of the music world is always going to find a way to out GNR down. Anyone who I've seen put in a negative review so far are pretty much people who made their mind up ahead of time that they're weren't going to like the new lineup.

It's very easy to sit back and say "this isn't going to be big" or "this isn't going to be as big as the old lineup". To actually appriciate it for what it is and have the nerve to suggest that people like Robin Finck actually fit into the GNR world and might be able to fill Slash's shoes; that's the hard part.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #291 on: June 29, 2006, 09:24:27 AM »

I don't know, I wasn't on the floor.

But I'm quiet sure it wasn't some things like wrist bands.

Okay, thanks for replying anyway.

Anyone who was on the floor, can you confirm whether or not there was a separate section at the front and whether you could go to the bar and get back, or did you have to stay there all the time?

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #292 on: June 29, 2006, 09:38:23 AM »

Thanks for the updates and reviews.
highend88, words aside, I'm of your opinion. ok

I think I could have played a better solo than Finch, Robins solo was good thou)

Odd1, I don't quite get this. You mean Robin was good but you would play better? Huh

I was hoping that Axl and his band

it's called Guns N'Roses.

welcome to a GNR board.

Well look at that, the guy paid his money to see the band, he comes on here and gives his honest review of the show and what he thought of it and already the first responce is someone not liking what he said. He give you a warning saying he was gonig to be honest, if you didn't like what he said you shouldn't have read on.

Why don't you follow your own advice?
Basically Den is just saying the fact and welcoming the poster. Where did he say he didn't like the review?
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #293 on: June 29, 2006, 09:45:48 AM »

I jammed a better solo than Finck did on the concert five minutes ago.? Not saying that I am better than Finck (pretty sure I am thou) I just dont like his solos.
Richards solo was alot better.

Edit: Dont get me wrong, I am one of Robins biggest fans, and I love that he is in the band, I just dont like his solos ok
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 10:35:50 AM by odd1 » Logged
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #294 on: June 29, 2006, 09:47:01 AM »

From what I can gather from those people willing to put aside their fanboy/fangirl personas and give an honest review (and they are easy to spot here), this edition of GNR, and this tour specifically, are not going overall that well.  Maybe it's the number of solos or the mix or the number of new songs, but more than anything its the lack of any released material by this band.  They are not going to have any real substantial success (or impact) as a band until they release music and that music is well received.  Until then, all the sold out concerts in eurpoe are really meaningless.  Especially is the casual fans are leaving dissappointed.  It's a glorified cover band right now and to many of us that lived the proud history of the original band in the late 80's and early 90's, its so so sad.  They must/need to release music for that perception to change within the masses.  I'll grant you that that perception doesn't exist here in large quantity among the hard core fans, but its prevalent throughout the rest of the music listening world. 

like a broken record for soo long...................

believe me or not, but rock am ring was full of casual concert goers and they liked it ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #295 on: June 29, 2006, 09:53:27 AM »

I jammed a better solo than Finch did on the concert five minutes ago.? Not saying that I am better than Finch (pretty sure I am thou) I just dont like his solos.
Robins solos was alot better.

Edit: Dont get me wrong, I am one of Fichs biggest fans, and I love that he is in the band, I just dont like his solos ok

if you're a fan, you should know his name is "finck" Wink

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Miggy
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #296 on: June 29, 2006, 09:53:49 AM »

I jammed a better solo than Finch did on the concert five minutes ago.? Not saying that I am better than Finch (pretty sure I am thou) I just dont like his solos.

Edit: Dont get me wrong, I am one of Fichs biggest fans, and I love that he is in the band, I just dont like his solos ok

WTF are you talking about? ?Guns has 3 guitar players, Robin Finck, Ron Thal and Richard Fortus!?!!??  So you probably mean "Finck" instead of "Finch" and then you say you like Robin but you don't like "Finch"  ok  rofl rofl rofl
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 09:55:33 AM by Miggy » Logged
makane
Legend

« Reply #297 on: June 29, 2006, 10:00:20 AM »

if you're a fan, you should know his name is "finck" Wink
If you're a fan you should know not to act like a fucking smartass all the time. Whats your requirement for a fan btw?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #298 on: June 29, 2006, 10:00:50 AM »

Who the fuck knows.

About the song intros.. I think it's cool that they try to do something countryspecific everytime.

Guns used to do some 'not so rock' intros back in the day as well. Used songs like One by Elton John, or ?bad time to be in love, which, in its original form is far more horrific imo than any of these songs played now.
So it's nothing new. It's okay not to like them. It's just stupid to try and use it as an argument against the new band is what I'm saying.

More about the show. I'm glad Axl was right back on track after the little incident.

i think you're talking about "sail away sweet sister" a queen cover that was used as an intro for sweet child during the illusion tour and i think is a cool song in its original form
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 10:02:25 AM by zakas80 » Logged

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #299 on: June 29, 2006, 10:03:14 AM »

I jammed a better solo than Finch did on the concert five minutes ago.  Not saying that I am better than Finch (pretty sure I am thou) I just dont like his solos.

Common, I would't. That's good that you're confident about your guitar. I tend to think like no one can play like Robin and yet he can't play like you or other guitarists. Hope you get what I mean.

I just thought you might have mixed up the names and meant to mention both Mr fortus and mr finck in that sentence. Actually, I still do Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: