Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:47:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Oslo, Norway @ Spektrum, 28th June / Updates with picture July 4th
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oslo, Norway @ Spektrum, 28th June / Updates with picture July 4th  (Read 65735 times)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #260 on: June 29, 2006, 03:47:58 AM »

All in all, it was an okay Axl-Rose-Sings-Karaoke-show. 5/10. It is NOT a band, it's Axl Rose and some hired background musicians. I'll post some more tomorrow.

Why oh Why are you even here? People like you make me fucking sick! The band do not need you as a fan! Please dont post anymore tomorrow. Mike

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #261 on: June 29, 2006, 03:48:41 AM »

I don't know about you guys , but it seems to me like the fans ( atleast the people who post reviews here)   are beginning to not dig these shows as much as they were at the beginning of tour.

Speaking as a fan and member of this board who's seen 6 shows on this tour, I'd just like to say that far from my enthusiasm for this band waning, it actually increases with each show.  The last two shows, Paris and Stockholm, have been out of this world and I appreciate the solos more with each passing show I attend as well.  I do write reviews of each show I attend but admit that I don't post them here.  If it will help provide a balance of opinion, then maybe I will in future.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Shirell
« Reply #262 on: June 29, 2006, 04:25:12 AM »

This band totally rock!  I cant wait for them to come to Birmingham on 25th July. 
Counting the days!!!
Taylor Hicks
Banned
Opening Act

Taylor Hicks is your next American Idol

« Reply #263 on: June 29, 2006, 04:50:54 AM »

All in all, it was an okay Axl-Rose-Sings-Karaoke-show. 5/10. It is NOT a band, it\'s Axl Rose and some hired background musicians. I\'ll post some more tomorrow.

Why oh Why are you even here? People like you make me fucking sick! The band do not need you as a fan! Please dont post anymore tomorrow. Mike
why coz he didnt think the show was the best thing ever?  he makes you sick?  maybe he didnt enjoy the show... Please dont post anymore tomorrow. Taylor
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #264 on: June 29, 2006, 05:05:20 AM »

All in all, it was an okay Axl-Rose-Sings-Karaoke-show. 5/10. It is NOT a band, it\'s Axl Rose and some hired background musicians. I\'ll post some more tomorrow.

why coz he didnt think the show was the best thing ever?  he makes you sick?  maybe he didnt enjoy the show... Please dont post anymore tomorrow. Taylor

Maybe it's because he didn't give a shit about how the band performed. For assholes like that it doesn't matter if it's the greatest band ever on stage. As long as it's not Slash, Duff & Izzy behind Axl, then it will always suck.

People like that make me fucking sick too. If you wanna criticize a show, please write constructively. That means explaining why the band that took the stage sucked. And, no, a valid reason is not "It is NOT a band, it\'s Axl Rose and some hired background musicians".

It is a fucking band. You don't like that fact? Fine! It doesn't change anything. Please don't post that crap here. And that goes for all the two week wonders who've shown up here after attending a gig and posting similar crap. We have a fine and well moderated board, but with limited resources so please don't fuck it up for the rest of us!
Taylor Hicks
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #265 on: June 29, 2006, 05:12:02 AM »

All in all, it was an okay Axl-Rose-Sings-Karaoke-show. 5/10. It is NOT a band, it\\\'s Axl Rose and some hired background musicians. I\\\'ll post some more tomorrow.

why coz he didnt think the show was the best thing ever?? he makes you sick?? maybe he didnt enjoy the show... Please dont post anymore tomorrow. Taylor

Maybe it\'s because he didn\'t give a shit about how the band performed. For assholes like that it doesn\'t matter if it\'s the greatest band ever on stage. As long as it\'s not Slash, Duff & Izzy behind Axl, then it will always suck.

People like that make me fucking sick too. If you wanna criticize a show, please write constructively. That means explaining why the band that took the stage sucked. And, no, a valid reason is not \"It is NOT a band, it\\\'s Axl Rose and some hired background musicians\".

It is a fucking band. You don\'t like that fact? Fine! It doesn\'t change anything. Please don\'t post that crap here. And that goes for all the two week wonders who\'ve shown up here after attending a gig and posting similar crap. We have a fine and well moderated board, but with limited resources so please don\'t fuck it up for the rest of us!

Its is just axl rose and some hired band of musicians.. 
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #266 on: June 29, 2006, 05:14:23 AM »

It always cracks me up when the diehard fans have to read anything where people arn't kissing the Bands ass. They have a virtual meltdown! Guess what people? I Like Guns n Roses, but if I'm not happy with something they've done I will come here and talk about it. Being a fan does not mean you have to lick Axl's freaking Shoes. Everyone has there own opinion. Read it and move on.

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #267 on: June 29, 2006, 05:21:25 AM »

It always cracks me up when the diehard fans have to read anything where people arn't kissing the Bands ass. They have a virtual meltdown! Guess what people? I Like Guns n Roses, but if I'm not happy with something they've done I will come here and talk about it. Being a fan does not mean you have to lick Axl's freaking Shoes. Everyone has there own opinion. Read it and move on.

NO. It is not about kissing Axl's ass. But if you do _not_ accept the fact that this is the current lineup of Guns N' Roses and decide to bring it up in virtually every thread you post in, you can go away. I'm not saying you're doing it, but some people seem to be here just to do that. That, is not welcome.

We've had this discussion many times, and if some still complain about it, they can go do that some place else.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #268 on: June 29, 2006, 05:27:42 AM »

Great show, with a few downers, but overall, I give it 8 out of 10! Axl was amazing, but I write more when I have more time later. PS : Dizzy played Aha'a "Take on me" on the piano if nobody have mentioned it before...  ok

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #269 on: June 29, 2006, 05:42:42 AM »

Taylor Hicks, just read all your posts full of shit, what are you doing on a guns n'roses board, really.

a-ha ? h?h? funny hope to hear that soon on a bootleg.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Taylor Hicks
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #270 on: June 29, 2006, 05:47:47 AM »

Taylor Hicks, just read all your posts full of shit, what are you doing on a guns n\'roses board, really.

a-ha ? h?h? funny hope to hear that soon on a bootleg.

why coz i dont like A-ha? or Xtina or James Brown? I want to hear GnR songs! not lounge music.
DeN
Legend

« Reply #271 on: June 29, 2006, 05:50:24 AM »

no, because on 35 posts you wrote just *only* shit about the band.

why don't you go on a backstreet boys board ?  perfect for u hihi

Grizzly
Opening Act

I'm the son of rage and love.

« Reply #272 on: June 29, 2006, 06:06:04 AM »

Alert: This post may contain negative or not-worship comments about the band. Read at your own risk, this is my opinion.

First off, I've been a fan for a long, long time, and the reason I went to the show was because I really wanted to see what Axl has to offer now. I was really excited about the show, and I can't wait any longer for the album to come out.

What a start! The band kicked off with WTTJ, It's So Easy and Mr. Brownstone, a killer start.  Cheesy

Halfway through things started to change, the solos came more frequently, and the audience's mood seem to change. The crowd seem to become less excited after the first hour or so. During the noisy and silly Don't Cry and Beautiful solos some people just watched with their hands in their pockets and a lot of chatter could be heard. I thought the solos were quite boring myself and that they just killed the mood.

The songs that seemed to get most response from the audience was KOHD, Live and Let Die and You Could Be Mine, which seemed a bit strange to me since two of these are not Gn'R songs. I was hoping that Axl and his band may have come up with another cover song to replace KOHD, it has been 13 years, but no. Well...

However, My Michelle and Nighttrain rocked! I never heard them so good, and there were many highlights as these.

Patience was not so good. It seems like Finck used the same guitar sound as he did on Paradise City and that did not fit well with the acoustic guitar. The acoustic guitar drowned and the song suffered from that.

The band finished with Paradise City with confetti and all. Confetti....guns and roses....  Embarrassed
DeN
Legend

« Reply #273 on: June 29, 2006, 06:22:05 AM »

I was hoping that Axl and his band

it's called Guns N'Roses.

welcome to a GNR board.

Taylor Hicks
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #274 on: June 29, 2006, 06:24:04 AM »

it\'s called Guns N\'Roses.

welcome to a GNR board.
Its called Guns n\' Roses but its still Axl and his band.
Origen
« Reply #275 on: June 29, 2006, 06:25:43 AM »

it's called Guns N'Roses.

welcome to a GNR board.

Well look at that, the guy paid his money to see the band, he comes on here and gives his honest review of the show and what he thought of it and already the first responce is someone not liking what he said. He give you a warning saying he was gonig to be honest, if you didn't like what he said you shouldn't have read on.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #276 on: June 29, 2006, 06:29:46 AM »

Just come home from Oslo. It was amazing, Axl sounded great! I don't really have time with an review right now, must have some sleep... I met the whole band except Axl and Finck at the After Party. AMAZING!
I talked to Bbf for a while and he was so nice, so cool. But he wasn't to happy 'bout the press... Pitman was great to, what a nice guy. He laughed at my t-shirt: "Chinese Democracy, I'v been waiting for ten years".

I met Merck and Beta to. I will never forget this night, so amazing. I will give you more later.

Hope you enjoyed the updates I gave to Steve McKagan. It was quiet hard but I hope you enjoyed it.

Good night!

NICE Smiley

Insomnis
Opening Act

Long time lurker

« Reply #277 on: June 29, 2006, 07:34:33 AM »

None of the biggest newspapers will review the concert due to the "photo-contract" they have to sign.   Undecided
Basically they are allowed to use 1 photo, for 1 time only, and not reprint or sell it.

VG (biggest paper) just had a story about how Axl requested models for the concert and afterparty.
Linuc
Headliner

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #278 on: June 29, 2006, 07:39:45 AM »

VG (biggest paper) just had a story about how Axl requested models for the concert and afterparty.
Link?

Swedish Guns N' Roses-site & forum:
http://www.gnrsweden.com/
Insomnis
Opening Act

Long time lurker

« Reply #279 on: June 29, 2006, 07:41:16 AM »

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=121438
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: