Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:55:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stockholm,Sweden @ Globen 26th, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stockholm,Sweden @ Globen 26th, 2006  (Read 37633 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2006, 06:50:59 PM »

Nesquick, you ruin all the efforts of any marketing team, you know that ? rofl rofl rofl

Sorry jess, I prefer to be honnest Tongue
Don't get me wrong the Paris show was great... when they played songs.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 06:55:43 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2006, 06:53:43 PM »

Sounds like another fantastic Guns show!!! Stop complaining about the setlist and the solos. How many people at the shows actually bitch about the setlist being the same? Maybe only a few and those are the people who frequent the boards, or have seen them already on the tour. As for the solos Guns have always had long solos!!!! I think its a good thing for Axl to give each member of the band a chance to be in the spotlight.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2006, 06:54:29 PM »

the show was sold out

yeah i know it was sold out.. but that does not mean that all the people who bought tickets went to the concert.. for example yesterday i was looking around the web and found places to buy tickets for dubled the prices that they were for sale from the start.. you know second hand or what i shall say.. anyway you know guys who bought tickets just to sell them to earn money on a very asshole kind of way
Origen
« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2006, 06:55:59 PM »

Sounds like another fantastic Guns show!!! Stop complaining about the setlist and the solos. How many people at the shows actually bitch about the setlist being the same? Maybe only a few and those are the people who frequent the boards, or have seen them already on the tour. As for the solos Guns have always had long solos!!!! I think its a good thing for Axl to give each member of the band a chance to be in the spotlight.

Well when people start walking out of a concert because of them then there has to be a problem. And alot of people have said it kills the energy of the concert.

And people keep saying GnR has always had solos, they used to have 1 drum solo and 1 guitar solo, that doesn't even compare to the multi (what up7 or 8 solos at some shows) that they have now.
EFISH
« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2006, 07:00:27 PM »

i agree the solo's are a little much BUT...

c'mon guys.. just be fucking happy GNR is on fucking tour!!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2006, 07:00:59 PM »

after every show people are complaining about all the solos.. and i wonder why?.. because i don't think it will change.. axl have prolly asked the guys if they wanna play a solo so they can be in the headlight for few minutes
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2006, 07:01:09 PM »

Nesquick, you ruin all the efforts of any marketing team, you know that ? rofl rofl rofl

Sorry jess, I prefer to be honnest! Tongue
Don't get me wrong the Paris show was great... when they played songs.

I would wager that people did not leave the show during the solos, but simply went to the restroom and to get a drink. ?It's a nice break, and allows people and the band to recharge. ?Your posts are very predictable, and most of the time you use a realistic observation (people walking off), to make a false statement (they were leaving--ah BS--they went to get a drink, as they were all there for Nighttrain and Paradise City as seen on the boots). ?Nesquick, you said the Paris show was going to be 1/10th full because GNR did not market. ?The show was sold out by the time the band hit the stage. ?20,000 people were there. ?I thought it was going to be empty! ?Remember saying that everyday for a month?

I believe, that all bands have good shows, and bad. ? But, most of the bad show posts (I am NOT talking about you Nesquick), come from people with a few posts, and always follow the same talking point formula: ?"boring solos killed the show, Axl's voice was blown out, show started late, new songs sucked (with usually songs that were not played on the given date posted), and the band was booed off the stage. ?When, using talking points more prolifically than Karl Rove, it becomes apparent that the review is completely bullshit.
Origen
« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2006, 07:04:05 PM »

i agree the solo's are a little much BUT...

c'mon guys.. just be fucking happy GNR is on fucking tour!!

If the band just played 10 songs a night would you say the same thing " just be fucking happy GNR is on fucking tour!" Alot of bands go on tour, hell that's what a band is ment to do, it doesn't mean you can't be critical of it.
jaime
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2006, 07:08:17 PM »

I'm new here, but have been a fan since 1987 and last saw GnR perform in 1988. ?When and if they tour the US, I don't care what they play, how long they play and how many solos they do, I just want to see them play! ?It's all about Axl, think about the Stones without Mick, Zeppelin without Plant, the Who without Daltrey...Sorry if I'm showing my age, but without Axl, there is no GnR, so we deal with the solos, the breaks, whatever. ?Just enjoy the shows and be glad that Axl is BACK!
EFISH
« Reply #189 on: June 26, 2006, 07:09:04 PM »

yeah, but whens it a gnr tour.. and the first since '02.. and the bands kicking ass... and we SHOULD get CD this year...

I mean, after all those boring years, this is one fucking awesome year!
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: June 26, 2006, 07:09:40 PM »

amen

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #191 on: June 26, 2006, 07:11:53 PM »

I would wager that people did not leave the show during the solos, but simply went to the restroom and to get a drink. ?It's a nice break, and allows people and the band to recharge.

No. no. In France, people don't leave the arena to take a drink it's not in our habbits. When you are in the arena, you stay until the end of the show.
So people left because of 2 things:
- They had to take the metro because after 0.30 am, it's over. No metro anymore. Some people left around midnight because they lived very far from Bercy.
- The solos and jams bored them so they left.

What's wrong with beeing honnest? It's not beeing negative, this is the way it happened. Nothing more, nothing less.
I don't say anything more than what happened.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 07:16:03 PM by nesquick » Logged

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2006, 07:15:28 PM »

I would wager that people did not leave the show during the solos, but simply went to the restroom and to get a drink. ?It's a nice break, and allows people and the band to recharge.

No. People left because of 2 things:
- They had to take the metro because after 0.30 am, it's over. No metro anymore. Some people left around midnight because they lived very far from Bercy.
- The solos and jams bored them and they were desapointed.

What's wrong with beeing honnest? It's not beeing negative, this is the way it happened. Nothing more, nothing less.
I don't say more than what happened.

If you feel you are being honest, I don't doubt you.  Use your Illusions, let them take you where they may.  I could have written what your review was going to state before the show started.  They went to get another beer.  Very simple.  What, thirty people left for the metro, thirty people left because they were too drunk, thirty people left because they are too shallow to listen to anything but that which they already have heard.  That is standard for any concert, for any band.  The Paris show rocked, and 19, 910 people stayed to see it through to the end!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2006, 07:19:59 PM »

We were 15.000 at Bercy, not 20.000.
The arena holds 17.000 people, it was (almost) sold-out.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 07:22:12 PM by nesquick » Logged

axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2006, 07:40:10 PM »

I would wager that people did not leave the show during the solos, but simply went to the restroom and to get a drink.

Damn Newsman, you posted the exact same sentence I was about to post after reading his post! If you have to hit the bathroom or grab a drink, when is the best time to do it? A solo, so you don't miss any songs. I've done the same thing myself.

Meh, I guess it just wouldn't be a GNR concert thread without the same ol' comments about the setlist,  the solos, the start time, etc. If Axl needs a little bit more time to sing like that, or if he wants each band member to get a little spotlight, I could not possibly care less.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2006, 07:41:51 PM »

We were 15.000 at Bercy, not 20.000.
The arena holds 17.000 people, it was (almost) sold-out.

Whatever the case, I think you get the point. ?I really don't think there was a mass exodus. ?It's odd, the constant negative spin. ?I know Albert Camus was French, but I did not know he was still alive?

Oh well, all existentialist comments aside, how was the Stockholm show???
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2006, 07:43:28 PM »

I find it funny a handful of people leave a gnr show and the newsmen talk about it like its a huge thing. That happenes ALL the time but they dont talk about the thousands of other people that stayed. Its like at download how all the emo kids left and people were like oh no this isnt good all these people leaving the gnr show, then you watch PC from the pro shot and ?you seem all the people there and you cannot even tell anyone left.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2006, 07:44:54 PM »

Would you leave a concert just because there were too many solos for your preference? Driving however long it takes thru traffic to the concert, the nightmare of parking, etc. After waiting hours in line to get into the venue, then a while longer for the band to take the stage, then say fuck this, I don't like their set list & walk off? Bullshit!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #198 on: June 26, 2006, 07:57:17 PM »

Alright, you Swedish Meatballs, how was the show???
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2006, 08:00:19 PM »

WHAT WERE THE PARIS MEDIA REVIEWS LIKE?? NONE WERE POSTED, SO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT THEY WERE LIKE?Huh
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: