Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 04:06:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228095 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  mygnr h4cked
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: mygnr h4cked  (Read 39218 times)
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2006, 02:05:38 PM »

Madison, hope you get your site back up soon, dude.
Me too, I hope mygnr will be back soon, but Madison isn't a dude...

I'll download it !
vicious
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2006, 02:06:13 PM »

it wasn't hacked they just added a script, eric has the site back and is trying to get it back up but it can't take that long
and its an amature hacking site and the retard that made it admitted it so i hope eric reports him
they say eric makes thousands of dollars ?off us and never upgraded so they thought him a lesson Roll Eyes
that girl
Opening Act

so bittersweet this tragedy....

« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2006, 02:10:08 PM »

it wasn't hacked they just added a script, eric has the site back and is trying to get it back up but it can't take that long

Where did you get this info from because madison said there was more damage than the hackers let on?to...

Instead of asking him how much of your time is left
Ask him how much of your mind, baby
Lithium
Headliner

You do it your way, I do it the Nor-way

« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2006, 02:13:25 PM »

wtf is wrong with you people?

why don't you just turn up the volume on the rock?

anddanceandsingtoit.period
I do, but my neighboor's got a better stereo than me.
But let's get back on topic, shall we.

"If it's illegal to rock 'n' roll, throw my ass in jail!"
- Kurt Donald Cobain, Nirvana
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2006, 02:15:50 PM »

Where did you get this info from because madison said there was more damage than the hackers let on to...

The hackers on that forum are honest, they admitted everything they did. Nothing has been deleted, it was not by any means a serious hack. They could have deleted the forum if they had wanted to. Instead of everyone criticizing them you really should be thankful they had some shred of decency not to go that far - they could have done a lot worse.

The problem is there is a very public exploit in that particular Invision software and because it was not upgraded it meant the security was nonexistant. It was a matter of time until someone hacked it.
vicious
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2006, 02:17:20 PM »

Where did you get this info from because madison said there was more damage than the hackers let on?to...

eric posted it in the shoutbox on the boon brother site and the fucker that did it admited to making the script so it wasn't a? real hack just a script, thats how they couldn't do any damage, they're amatures
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2006, 02:18:21 PM »

Where did you get this info from because madison said there was more damage than the hackers let on to...

The hackers on that forum are honest, they admitted everything they did. Nothing has been deleted, it was not by any means a serious hack. They could have deleted the forum if they had wanted to. Instead of everyone criticizing them you really should be thankful they had some shred of decency not to go that far - they could have done a lot worse.

The problem is there is a very public exploit in that particular Invision software and because it was not upgraded it meant the security was nonexistant. It was a matter of time until someone hacked it.

Umm, the NORMAL thing to do would be to INFORM the site that it was vulnerable. ?Not hack it and then laugh about it all over some 13 year old's hacker forum. ?There is no justification for that.
that girl
Opening Act

so bittersweet this tragedy....

« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2006, 02:25:45 PM »

Instead of everyone criticizing them Roll Eyes

Yeah, I'm sure Eric and madison are ever so grateful to know there are "honest" and "decent" hackers out there watching out for the security of their forum.

Instead of asking him how much of your time is left
Ask him how much of your mind, baby
lald04
Headliner

« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2006, 02:37:48 PM »

and its an amature hacking site and the retard that made it admitted it so i hope eric reports him
they say eric makes thousands of dollars ?off us and never upgraded so they thought him a lesson Roll Eyes

How does he make money off us if we don't even pay to be on the forum?? (Well, some people do, but the majority of the people don't)

...its a miracle how long we can stay...[/i][/size]
vicious
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2006, 02:43:34 PM »

How does he make money off us if we don't even pay to be on the forum?? (Well, some people do, but the majority of the people don't)
google ads, they have an ebay thing set up and the likes
but if he goes to the trouble of setting it up why shouldn't he be able to keep the money?
its not like it makes any difference to us
can madison state just whats happened to the forum and an estimated time of when its up and running?
its suprising how much i rely on the forum crying
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2006, 03:03:09 PM »

Umm, the NORMAL thing to do would be to INFORM the site that it was vulnerable.  Not hack it and then laugh about it all over some 13 year old's hacker forum.  There is no justification for that.

Their motive was to expose the fact that Eric has been misleading people - according to them, mind you. I don't want to upset MyGNRForum people by saying anything, I'm just repeating what they are saying on the Boon Brothers site. According to them, Eric hasn't been updating the software as he should - it wasn't to alert him that the software needs updating, it was more to "teach him a lesson."

I didn't say I think what they did was right, I just think you people should be thankful more damage wasn't done. EVERYTHING could have been easily deleted.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2006, 03:05:18 PM »

they say eric makes thousands of dollars  off us and never upgraded so they thought him a lesson Roll Eyes

google ads, they have an ebay thing set up and the likes
but if he goes to the trouble of setting it up why shouldn't he be able to keep the money?
its not like it makes any difference to us
can madison state just whats happened to the forum and an estimated time of when its up and running?
its suprising how much i rely on the forum crying

The problem according to Boon Bros. is that Eric has been telling people he uses all the money he intakes for the site and isn't honest about what he's really using it for. They also said no server costs as much as he's making per month and that he's pocketing tons of donation money that is meant to go towards the forum.

Again, let me reiterate: I am just repeating what people there are saying. I don't want MyGNR fans to attack me for putting this out there.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2006, 03:24:28 PM »

heh.. Good luck madison.? beer

BTW, if anyone wants to hack another gnr forum try this Guns N' Roses Reincarnated i never update it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 03:26:08 PM by frozen Inferno? » Logged
madison
Banned
Headliner

'Worrying's a waste of my f*cking time'

« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2006, 03:26:42 PM »

... The problem according to Boon Bros. is that Eric has been telling people he uses all the money he intakes for the site and isn't honest about what he's really using it for. They also said no server costs as much as he's making per month and that he's pocketing tons of donation money that is meant to go towards the forum.

Again, let me reiterate: I am just repeating what people there are saying. I don't want MyGNR fans to attack me for putting this out there.

This sounds like the same ridiculous - and untrue - rant that a certain person on another site has been trying to claim for years. And his little rant - which is totally false - is related to a personal vendetta he holds against Eric. ?If this person is in some way related to the hackers, then he has sunk to a new low, which is very sad. ?And that - in itself - speaks volumes about him and his relationship with the GNR community.

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2006, 03:30:45 PM »

Good luck in getting everything straightened out over there madison.   peace

haha, I liked Neemo's idea of a shameless plug...  hihi

GNRevolution... the missing link.
VIP

« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2006, 03:43:49 PM »

so whats going on?
i suppose you all mods and bots are going 24/7 to solve this matter.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2006, 03:51:23 PM »

love em or hate em, we're all fans of the band, and thats what its all about  ok  Yesterday was a sad day for GNR fans.    Good luck to MyGNR in getting everything back up.
darkstar_legend
Opening Act

I am a dog.

« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2006, 04:24:23 PM »

Hope to see the forum back up again, more secure and more vigilant.
If there's any lesson to be learnt here, it's never to leave updates for tomorrow.
To those assholes getting a kick out of this - you're not only hurting Eric, but to every GNR fan who was a member of that board.
Your actions just goes to show how much of a GNR fan you are - not.

Idiots. Roll Eyes

beer

L S N S L X
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2006, 04:29:18 PM »

that s why i always notify my customers how important is to adapt business continuity and IT security solutions  Cool

BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2006, 04:51:13 PM »

... The problem according to Boon Bros. is that Eric has been telling people he uses all the money he intakes for the site and isn't honest about what he's really using it for. They also said no server costs as much as he's making per month and that he's pocketing tons of donation money that is meant to go towards the forum.

This sounds like the same ridiculous - and untrue - rant that a certain person on another site has been trying to claim for years. And his little rant - which is totally false - is related to a personal vendetta he holds against Eric.? If this person is in some way related to the hackers, then he has sunk to a new low, which is very sad.? And that - in itself - speaks volumes about him and his relationship with the GNR community.

Anybody that knows about ecommerce business and ad revenue knows about the C-note's made each day from certain ad's. A little fact since you refuse to know it.

I've always said it how I seen it.

I don't support hackers.? I'm sorry you got involved with that madison. Should have known better ......

that s why i always notify my customers how important is to adapt business continuity and IT security solutions Cool

Kiss? this is because you are actually technically inclined and learn how to use the software.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 05:19:22 PM by BP » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: