Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 02:33:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do we owe the return of Axl to...........
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do we owe the return of Axl to...........  (Read 5750 times)
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: June 13, 2006, 11:03:07 PM »

Velvet Revolver?Huh

Maybe it is true that the success of VR gave AXL  a kick in the ass to get things going again.....I think we are all in agreement that this is the most legit GNR and AXL since 1993.......His voice is back, he got his aura back, he is reuniting with old friends from back in the day (izzy, sebastian) touring some venues that he hasnt played since back in the day (nyc clubs, acoustic show, donington, hammersmith) It is obvious AXL is taking this  a TON more serious then the 2002 fiasco...............Do we owe thanks to VR.....If it wasnt for them Axl might still be in his cave
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 11:08:06 PM »

No, I think we owe it to himself for finally coming to terms with what he has to do.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 11:09:11 PM »

I bet WASP had something to do with it.
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 11:09:48 PM »

its a possibility. but i think its also because hes finally ready to let us hear some more of CD and because the rest of the band is really strong together, and its a good time to do this. i think tommy, and the rest of the guys wanted to get out and do their thing with the band too.

so i think its a little bit of himself, velvet revolver, and the rest of the band especially tommy, that made him get back out there

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 11:13:10 PM »

No

I think he was ready to roll in 2002 for the most part, but obviously had to improve physically.

Emotionally he seems confident and focused, but in the world that is Axl Rose, who's to say where it is all coming from

Velvet Revolver's pretty good, but nothing Earth Shattering going on there. I think Axl knew his record was better earlier on, and it did'nt really matter when he made his comeback in relation to VR

Good question though
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 11:13:47 PM »

Well VR were in planning in 2002 before they were VR, so Axl seemed to rush out with the new GNR or atleast thats what the VH1 BTM makes it seem. ?I think he realizes this might be his last chance to be relevant in music again. ?I've come to notice that again stars come to find its too late to do something when they know they should. Maybe Axl wants to do something before its too late

Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 11:15:47 PM »

I don't think there was any factors of external or internal pressure (hell, the band doesn't even know what Axl's doing or what's happening with the record half the time), I think it was merely the natural progression of things.
RichardNixon
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 11:24:23 PM »

Nah.

If VR was the driving force behind Axl comming back, there would have been a new CD out in '04/'05.

I really don't think Axl gives a damn about VR.

Everyone knows that what Axl's doing is "better"  hihi
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 11:42:55 PM »

We owe it to Anti Depressants.
kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 11:45:57 PM »

I bet WASP had something to do with it.
lol i bet

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 11:46:33 PM »

We owe it to Anti Depressants.
Don't let him near a shotgun, then. He might copy a old enemy...

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 12:19:26 AM »

you cant deny that i smust have pissed axl off big time to see the success of VR with  some fake ass poser singer with AXl's guitar player and bassist and and drummer even playing some GNR songs.....It must have made him crazy with anger and i would not blame him one bit
pebbles
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 12:19:53 AM »

I dont think VR has anything to do with Axl's return..i think the spice girls would have as much to do with that as they would. VR isnt even in same league with him. no
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 12:27:37 AM »

Maybe Axl was encouraged after hearing Contraband knowing the new GnR's material is much better than what the old members have made since they left.  Other than that I doubt it had any effect at all
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 12:34:22 AM »

you cant deny that i smust have pissed axl off big time to see the success of VR with? some fake ass poser singer with AXl's guitar player and bassist and and drummer even playing some GNR songs.....It must have made him crazy with anger and i would not blame him one bit

I would think that Axl got past the other members no longer being in GN'R long ago.  Before VR ever came into being. 

No

I think he was ready to roll in 2002 for the most part, but obviously had to improve physically.

Emotionally he seems confident and focused, but in the world that is Axl Rose, who's to say where it is all coming from

Velvet Revolver's pretty good, but nothing Earth Shattering going on there. I think Axl knew his record was better earlier on, and it did'nt really matter when he made his comeback in relation to VR

Good question though

Axl has stated that he was pressured into the 2002 tour.  So, evidently he wasn't "ready to roll."
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 04:09:25 AM »

Anyone think maybe we owe it to Izzy...forgiving Axl, talking to him again, hanging out with him, sharing the stage with him. Maybe it's all given Axl the confidence and motivation to go through with everything. I mean, the first we heard from Axl was when he talked to RS at the Korn party and he mentioned hanging out with Izzy

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
anythinggoes
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 05:24:06 AM »

in a word no VR was around 03/04/05 so Axl would have done something then if that was the case

Axl is here now because he wants to be because its time people hihi
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 05:34:05 AM »

maybe Axl's band mates told him to belt the fuck up!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
TheMole
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 05:42:08 AM »

In all honesty, I'm guessing it's the other way around: Slash, Duff 'n Matt were less then impressed by Axl's offering at the time ('01, '02) and probably thought they could put out something better than that. You have to keep in mind that Axl's image was very damaged at the time, so I think they thought it was a good time to ressurect GnR "without that goofball, jersey-wearing, whiney singing, riot inducing, predator looking Axl". Ofcourse they didn't have the rights to the name, so they had to choose something new. But come on... "Velvet Revolver" seems nothing more than a twist on "Guns N' Roses" to me. Luckily they didn't call themselves "Petunias and Uzi's" or something Wink.
Duffsangel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 08:26:39 AM »

In But come on... "Velvet Revolver" seems nothing more than a twist on "Guns N' Roses" to me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one in the world who thinks that.

Anyhoo, Axl's back because it's time.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: