Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 04:32:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228097 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Download: The Boo-ing was at Tommy for being a prick
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download: The Boo-ing was at Tommy for being a prick  (Read 21298 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2006, 01:11:56 AM »

I've heard a few different accounts of what happened at download with flying bass guitars and boo's at certain times.?

I was standing right down the front and here's my account:

The show was amazing but the turning point for everything was when Axl was really pissed off at almost tripping up on things so he asked some roadies to come out and sort the stage.? They taped a few leads to the ground on the centre walkway that extends forwards, this was to try and keep them out the way.? Later Axl almost slipped and fell on the same spot, a few of us kinda of laughed down the front and Axl smirked seeing the funny side - but then he was obviously pissed off and gave the roadies the middle finger.? At the end of the song Axl said "Due to to technical probs we're going to take a break"

Roadies then all came running on stage taping rubber mats all over the place so Axl wouldn't slip, Ron came on and did his solo.? The whole band came back on and launched into Better with all the conviction they could muster up but when Axl appeared he just stood on one spot for the enitire song looking really stuborn as if to say"if you can't sort the stage out i won't put on a show!".? ?

He sang the song brilliantly but the stage energy was non-existent.? I think this is one of the things that pissed Tommy off cos he kept looking at Axl as if to say, "why are you not putting everything into this?". It must've really got to him cos in the last verse he launched his bass at the ground whilst looking really pissed of at Axl then turned round and threw it at the camera man as hard as he could.? ? A lot of us down the front started boo-ing... this was not boo-ing about anything apart from Tommy being a complete wanker.? The camera man didn't deserve it, and to be honest I wish the camera man would've stood up and punched the fuck out of Tommy, instead he was pro and just got on with his job.

Afterwards Tommy appologised to the camera man and blamed the incident on being hit with a bottle of piss, but I think that was just an excuse to cover what he was really fucked off about.? Anyway it provided the fire for a great show peace

Why the hell would the crowd boo Tommy for being an asshole when it's obvious Axl was the fucking wanker who started the shit. Granted thorwing the bass at a cameraman isn't cool but Axl's attitude blows ass and too many of you for whatever reason eat that shit up.? Yeah it's always the roadies fault. Roll Eyes? and becasue of it Axl's gonna stand there and not perform for the fans. Who's this jerkoff think he's showing up? The roadies won't give a fuck. they'll get fired and then get new jobs with a band who appreciates their efforts. The fans are the ones who as always when it comes to Axl suffer. Why do so many of you support this childish? behaviour as if it's cool. It blows my mind. Obviously Tommy doesn't appreciate it. I wouldn't either if I was in a? band and one guy dictates every move we make and it's alright for him to slack off yet the rest of the band has to give it there all night in and night out "Or else". Tommy should quit and join Soul Asylum full time permanently. Join a band? who respects their fans and treats members of the band equally and treats their road crew with dignity. Fucking Axl Rose just does not get it. Road crews work extremely hard and? in my honest opinion(I wasn't there) there was likely nothing wrong with the set up, only Axl; needed something to bitch about.? "technical difficulties" Gimmie a damn break. how many times is this flake gonna use this excuse. Unbelievable. Believe me when is ay this I LOVE the music but to blindly support every move this guy makes? ? is absolutely ridiculous and to be honest I have no idea how or why some of you do it.

So Axl is a prick for standing still for one song? That makes no sense. He was probably just trying to calm his nerves and not go off. I would much rather have him standing in place than walk off stage and end the show. Plus he sang better the best he ever as last nite.

I went to a tool show where Maynard pretty much sang with his back to the crowd the whole nite.
I also went to a SP show one time where corgan got pissed during the song today and said to the crowd you sing this one and he had the crowd sing the whole song because he didnt feel like it.

Just watch the videos and you can see all the tech problems that were out of their control. From the videos the band and axl sounded amazing.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2006, 02:42:42 AM »

Go see Henry Rollins in concert and then see if you still think Axl is a prick hihi

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2006, 02:59:07 AM »

We actually got a great boot of Better without Axl running around.

I hate to say this but what the fuck is wrong with that crowd? What a bunch of wankers chanting for slash and throwing garbage around.. Losers, really. I hate to generalize but that crowd embarrassed itself.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2006, 03:08:12 AM »

I hate to say this but what the fuck is wrong with that crowd? What a bunch of wankers chanting for slash and throwing garbage around.. Losers, really. I hate to generalize but that crowd embarrassed itself.

Maybe it was just the jerkoffs next to the camera guy.

I remember in NYC I had some douche behind me that kept screaming "You suck" at the top of his lungs. Then cry to his girlfriend/whatever that he wanted to "go home." Just a total idiot, but just a total idiot next to me. He did not represent the entire crowd.

These people were probably drinking all day which only magnified the fact that they were assholes.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2006, 03:41:24 AM »

What Tommy did was fucking cool! GnR was never some nice guy institution. This is Guns N Fucking Roses we're talking about. The cast may change but the attitude remains the same. I can't believe you guys expect Axl and the rest of the band to be nice, happy, media trained, corporate ass kissers, like Bono and friends. The day Axl tells us to all love one another and help save the third world, is the day I show up armed with Smokes, Pepperoni, and Piss Jugs to kill my Idol!
(Not to actually kill him, referencing the Kill Your Idol shirt)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 12:26:16 PM by Mattattack » Logged
Origen
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2006, 03:51:25 AM »

rofl They could of used  any new photo and  yet they chose that one.
green
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2006, 03:51:55 AM »

Im really happy to see the way TOMMY reacted to the crowd.He did the right thing,he is here to play ROCK N' ROLL concert as a part of GUNS N' ROSES not to take a hit by a bottle full of PISS....
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2006, 04:00:11 AM »

Im really happy to see the way TOMMY reacted to the crowd.He did the right thing,he is here to play ROCK N' ROLL concert as a part of GUNS N' ROSES not to take a hit by a bottle full of PISS....

Absolutely. I've got more respect for Tommy now than I did before. Didn't think that was possible. Class act all the way.  beer
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2006, 05:04:54 AM »

Both Tommy and the camera man are lucky he didnt get seriously hurt. I mean, if you want to throw something at someone our of frustration, chuck a shoe not a fucking bass guitar.
But c'mon you have to admit that a bass guitar is lot more cooler than throwing a shoe  Grin

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2006, 05:19:40 AM »

Both Tommy and the camera man are lucky he didnt get seriously hurt. I mean, if you want to throw something at someone our of frustration, chuck a shoe not a fucking bass guitar.
But c'mon you have to admit that a bass guitar is lot more cooler than throwing a shoe  Grin

I dont know man - he could run to Axl's dressing room, get one of his shoes and throw it at the cameraman. Probably worth more than the bass guitar.  hihi
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2006, 05:23:42 AM »

Or indeed a bottle of piss  ok
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2006, 05:29:09 AM »

Tommy is a fucking baby, that shit is gonna happen at those kind of shows if he can't handle it he should beat it.

Axl did great gettin the crowd back. Looks like everyone was having a great time when it got dark.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2006, 05:34:05 AM »

Tommy is a fucking baby, that shit is gonna happen at those kind of shows if he can't handle it he should beat it.

Axl did great gettin the crowd back. Looks like everyone was having a great time when it got dark.

So if Tommy Stinson is on a stage, a bottle of piss hitting him should accepted, but if he was walking down the street getting hit by it, it wouldn't be?
Unless your idea of a fun weekend is having some guys piss running down your face (although I'm not judging anyone here, to each his own Roll Eyes), I think you should carefully revise your statement.
bombingrun
Opening Act

The Story Will Unfold

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2006, 06:25:44 AM »

Look, if Tommy was in a temper because he got hit by a plastic bottle he should realise that throwing beer cups and water bottles is a standard thing at festivals. ?If one did contain piss I can understand why he'd get angry however it's just disappointing that he would take this out on an innocent guy who was just doing his job. ?

This doesn't add anything to "the most dangerous band in the world" image. ?I don't think anyone including Axl is really interested in that anymore, it was just a tag to give them extra publicity in the early days. ?If they were truly keen to promote that image Axl wouldn't have walked off stage until any trip and spill hazards were sorted. ?rofl ?I suppose tripping on stage would just be tooo dangerous, even for the mighty GNR!

Anyway for the record, I still think Tommy is great and he put a hell of a lot into the show (just like the other guys), he's a talented guy and he just needs to chill out in these situations.? peace
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:30:21 AM by bombingrun » Logged
Death Cube K
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2006, 06:34:46 AM »

This is just nonsense speculation. Some guy tells his THEORY about what happened, and other just take it as a fact and start rambling on? Whats thats all about? Fact is, there was thousands of people at that concert, and Im sure they all have their own opinions and understands of what happened.

Each and everyone constructs their views on life and their knowledge based on how their minds construct it.

Some of you should get into Jean Piaget and his theories.
RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2006, 07:27:16 AM »

I agree about the people who were chanting for Slash etc. However I was stood pretty near the front and there were more people not shouting for Slash than there were actually shouting for Slash... the people shouting for Slash were heard because the people not shouting for Slash were not shouting for anything, they were either woundering where Axl was, or they were enjoying the show.

But yeah, the people shouting for Slash (and there were shouts for Duff too during the 'break' and the Tommy Bass incident) had no place at the gig, especially shouting when most people were hoping GnR would come back on stage. Shouting for Slash at a GnR gig most certainly is not going to make Axl come back on stage.

The show was fantastic...and if I were Tommy, I'd be pissed off at people throwing piss at me too, although throwing his bass at people is not the way to deal with it.
Origen
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2006, 07:31:16 AM »

So if Tommy Stinson is on a stage, a bottle of piss hitting him should accepted, but if he was walking down the street getting hit by it, it wouldn't be?

You can't compare the two situations, in a street you don't expect, at a Donnington festival you do/should. Bottles of piss had been throwing at basically every band over the weekend (expect Metallica) and as far as I know GnR/ Tommy was the only one who went in a huff over it.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2006, 07:40:20 AM »

You can't compare the two situations, in a street you don't expect, at a Donnington festival you do/should. Bottles of piss had been throwing at basically every band over the weekend (expect Metallica) and as far as I know GnR/ Tommy was the only one who went in a huff over it.
Yes, I can compare the two, because I am not talking about what you should expect, I am talking about when it supposedly is accepted to throw piss at another human being. Anyone who thinks it should be ok to throw body fluids at an artist because they should "expect" it, is pretty much an idiot in my book. And good for Tommy for telling those assholes off.

And people complain about rock bands being divas... Rock fans complain cuz they can't throw pee around.

Come to think of it, this discussion is fucking hilarious.
madagas
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2006, 08:02:30 AM »

Bono, give me a break. I am a huge U2 fan as well but calling Axl out when Bono is probably the most pretentious rock star in the world is kinda funny. Also, Tommy leaving Gnr for Soul Asylum cracks me up everytime. Pure comedy. I am sure a 39 year old lifelong financially struggling musician is going to leave all that cash on the table to go play soft rock rubbish in some 500 seat club. Tommy knows where his bread is buttered but he isn't a doormat either. Finally, you are speculating wildly as to why Tommy was mad. As Killingvector said, all evidence points to the bottles as the cause of his anger. They were throwing them at Ron and Richard too but they simply did nothing about it. If Tommy was mad, he was probably mad at Axl for not saying anything to the crowd. Who knows? But, let's don't blindly point the finger at Axl. He actually showed an amazing (well normal for regular people) amount of restraint at Donington.  Angry
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2006, 08:14:30 AM »

Bet they wouldnt have thrown anything at Duff!

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: