Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 04:41:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228097 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Download: The Boo-ing was at Tommy for being a prick
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download: The Boo-ing was at Tommy for being a prick  (Read 21307 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 11:50:21 PM »

I think what Tommy did was cool as fuck.

Welcome to GNR GNR.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bono
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 12:02:35 AM »

I've heard a few different accounts of what happened at download with flying bass guitars and boo's at certain times.?

I was standing right down the front and here's my account:

The show was amazing but the turning point for everything was when Axl was really pissed off at almost tripping up on things so he asked some roadies to come out and sort the stage.? They taped a few leads to the ground on the centre walkway that extends forwards, this was to try and keep them out the way.? Later Axl almost slipped and fell on the same spot, a few of us kinda of laughed down the front and Axl smirked seeing the funny side - but then he was obviously pissed off and gave the roadies the middle finger.? At the end of the song Axl said "Due to to technical probs we're going to take a break"

Roadies then all came running on stage taping rubber mats all over the place so Axl wouldn't slip, Ron came on and did his solo.? The whole band came back on and launched into Better with all the conviction they could muster up but when Axl appeared he just stood on one spot for the enitire song looking really stuborn as if to say"if you can't sort the stage out i won't put on a show!".? ?

He sang the song brilliantly but the stage energy was non-existent.? I think this is one of the things that pissed Tommy off cos he kept looking at Axl as if to say, "why are you not putting everything into this?". It must've really got to him cos in the last verse he launched his bass at the ground whilst looking really pissed of at Axl then turned round and threw it at the camera man as hard as he could.? ? A lot of us down the front started boo-ing... this was not boo-ing about anything apart from Tommy being a complete wanker.? The camera man didn't deserve it, and to be honest I wish the camera man would've stood up and punched the fuck out of Tommy, instead he was pro and just got on with his job.

Afterwards Tommy appologised to the camera man and blamed the incident on being hit with a bottle of piss, but I think that was just an excuse to cover what he was really fucked off about.? Anyway it provided the fire for a great show peace

Why the hell would the crowd boo Tommy for being an asshole when it's obvious Axl was the fucking wanker who started the shit. Granted thorwing the bass at a cameraman isn't cool but Axl's attitude blows ass and too many of you for whatever reason eat that shit up.  Yeah it's always the roadies fault. Roll Eyes? and becasue of it Axl's gonna stand there and not perform for the fans. Who's this jerkoff think he's showing up? The roadies won't give a fuck. they'll get fired and then get new jobs with a band who appreciates their efforts. The fans are the ones who as always when it comes to Axl suffer. Why do so many of you support this childish  behaviour as if it's cool. It blows my mind. Obviously Tommy doesn't appreciate it. I wouldn't either if I was in a  band and one guy dictates every move we make and it's alright for him to slack off yet the rest of the band has to give it there all night in and night out "Or else". Tommy should quit and join Soul Asylum full time permanently. Join a band  who respects their fans and treats members of the band equally and treats their road crew with dignity. Fucking Axl Rose just does not get it. Road crews work extremely hard and? in my honest opinion(I wasn't there) there was likely nothing wrong with the set up, only Axl; needed something to bitch about.? "technical difficulties" Gimmie a damn break. how many times is this flake gonna use this excuse. Unbelievable. Believe me when is ay this I LOVE the music but to blindly support every move this guy makes    is absolutely ridiculous and to be honest I have no idea how or why some of you do it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 12:13:06 AM by Bono » Logged
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 12:09:06 AM »

tommys cool!!!!! he's a true gunner!!!!
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 12:13:39 AM »

tommys cool!!!!! he's a true gunner!!!!

i agree, tommy's punk rock! smoking

some of you people have to realize that guns n' roses are, and will always be, the most fucking talented and dangerous band on the planet! wait and see! smoking
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 12:17:18 AM »

and the gayest ever pic of Axl is....
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 12:19:00 AM »

He sang the song brilliantly but the stage energy was non-existent.? I think this is one of the things that pissed Tommy off cos he kept looking at Axl as if to say, "why are you not putting everything into this?". It must've really got to him cos in the last verse he launched his bass at the ground whilst looking really pissed off at Axl then turned round and threw it at the camera man as hard as he could.? ?

Afterwards Tommy appologised to the camera man and blamed the incident on being hit with a bottle of piss, but I think that was just an excuse to cover what he was really fucked off about.? Anyway it provided the fire for a great show peace

This is just his opinion. ?It's what he perceived from the show but basically it's speculation. ?If Tommy was looking pissed at Axl, he might have been looking at Axl as if to say, "Why don't you do something about this crap?" ?I find that just as likely as any other speculation. ?Plus, Tommy's statement about not throwing more piss bottles or he's going home. ?Why can't we take his actual words as the truth instead of this inflammatory speculation? ?I just don't see why people have to make more out of this than there has to be. ?

Road crews work extremely hard and ?in my honest opinion(I wasn't there) there was likely nothing wrong with the set up, only Axl; needed something to bitch about. ?"technical difficulties" Gimmie a damn break. how many times is this flake gonna use this excuse. Unbelievable. Believe me when is ay this I LOVE the music but to blindly support every move this guy makes is absolutely ridiculous and to be honest I have no idea how or why some of you do it.

I'm sure that the roadies do work hard. ?BUT, can't you see that it's dangerous for there to be a slippery surface? ?Axl and the rest of the band move around a lot on the stage. ?How would you like one of them to fall down and break an arm or something and then have to cancel shows because of that? ? nervous ?If everyone else could see Axl slipping then I would think that the road crew could also. ?So...shouldn't this have been rectified without Axl having to say anything? ? Huh

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 12:22:13 AM »

His opinion? That's just crazy talk. Sukie, haven't you learned by now that GNR fans have mind reading abilities?

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 12:23:08 AM »

I was under the impression that Tommy was pissed because he was struck or dodged bottles filled with piss and water. I doubt this actually had anything to do with Axl. In his younger days, Axl would have had a fit and left if the stage was not set up to his liking. I think he has shown a stronger resilience to work with people now and avoid being labeled the spoiled rock star/has been.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 12:25:11 AM »

I've heard a few different accounts of what happened at download with flying bass guitars and boo's at certain times.?

The show was amazing but the turning point for everything was when Axl was really pissed off at almost tripping up on things so he asked some roadies to come out and sort the stage.? They taped a few leads to the ground on the centre walkway that extends forwards, this was to try and keep them out the way.? Later Axl almost slipped and fell on the same spot, a few of us kinda of laughed down the front and Axl smirked seeing the funny side - but then he was obviously pissed off and gave the roadies the middle finger.? At the end of the song Axl said "Due to to technical probs we're going to take a break"

Roadies then all came running on stage taping rubber mats all over the place so Axl wouldn't slip, Ron came on and did his solo.? The whole band came back on and launched into Better with all the conviction they could muster up but when Axl appeared he just stood on one spot for the enitire song looking really stuborn as if to say"if you can't sort the stage out i won't put on a show!".? ?

He sang the song brilliantly but the stage energy was non-existent.? I think this is one of the things that pissed Tommy off cos he kept looking at Axl as if to say, "why are you not putting everything into this?". It must've really got to him cos in the last verse he launched his bass at the ground whilst looking really pissed of at Axl then turned round and threw it at the camera man as hard as he could.? ? A lot of us down the front started boo-ing... this was not boo-ing about anything apart from Tommy being a complete wanker.? The camera man didn't deserve it, and to be honest I wish the camera man would've stood up and punched the fuck out of Tommy, instead he was pro and just got on with his job.

Why the hell would the crowd boo Tommy for being an asshole when it's obvious Axl was the fucking wanker who started the shit. Granted thorwing the bass at a cameraman isn't cool but Axl's attitude blows ass and too many of you for whatever reason eat that shit up.? Yeah it's always the roadies fault. Roll Eyes? and becasue of it Axl's gonna stand there and not perform for the fans. Who's this jerkoff think he's showing up? The roadies won't give a fuck. they'll get fired and then get new jobs with a band who appreciates their efforts. The fans are the ones who as always when it comes to Axl suffer. Why do so many of you support this childish? behaviour as if it's cool. It blows my mind. Obviously Tommy doesn't appreciate it. I wouldn't either if I was in a? band and one guy dictates every move we make and it's alright for him to slack off yet the rest of the band has to give it there all night in and night out "Or else". Tommy should quit and join Soul Asylum full time permanently. Join a band? who respects their fans and treats members of the band equally and treats their road crew with dignity. Fucking Axl Rose just does not get it. Road crews work extremely hard and? in my honest opinion(I wasn't there) there was likely nothing wrong with the set up, only Axl; needed something to bitch about.? "technical difficulties" Gimmie a damn break. how many times is this flake gonna use this excuse. Unbelievable. Believe me when is ay this I LOVE the music but to blindly support every move this guy makes? ? is absolutely ridiculous and to be honest I have no idea how or why some of you do it.

axl axl axl always axl,..you weren't there so please don't blame someone you' re not sure. read some of the reviews from the guys who were actually there. now, what do you want? i see you like U2... do you want axl to be like bono? how many times did you change your post? ?YOU give me a break::  peace

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 12:26:53 AM »

I've heard a few different accounts of what happened at download with flying bass guitars and boo's at certain times. 

The show was amazing but the turning point for everything was when Axl was really pissed off at almost tripping up on things so he asked some roadies to come out and sort the stage.  They taped a few leads to the ground on the centre walkway that extends forwards, this was to try and keep them out the way.  Later Axl almost slipped and fell on the same spot, a few of us kinda of laughed down the front and Axl smirked seeing the funny side - but then he was obviously pissed off and gave the roadies the middle finger.  At the end of the song Axl said "Due to to technical probs we're going to take a break"

Roadies then all came running on stage taping rubber mats all over the place so Axl wouldn't slip, Ron came on and did his solo.  The whole band came back on and launched into Better with all the conviction they could muster up but when Axl appeared he just stood on one spot for the enitire song looking really stuborn as if to say"if you can't sort the stage out i won't put on a show!".   

He sang the song brilliantly but the stage energy was non-existent.  I think this is one of the things that pissed Tommy off cos he kept looking at Axl as if to say, "why are you not putting everything into this?". It must've really got to him cos in the last verse he launched his bass at the ground whilst looking really pissed of at Axl then turned round and threw it at the camera man as hard as he could.    A lot of us down the front started boo-ing... this was not boo-ing about anything apart from Tommy being a complete wanker.  The camera man didn't deserve it, and to be honest I wish the camera man would've stood up and punched the fuck out of Tommy, instead he was pro and just got on with his job.

Afterwards Tommy appologised to the camera man and blamed the incident on being hit with a bottle of piss, but I think that was just an excuse to cover what he was really fucked off about.  Anyway it provided the fire for a great show peace

Why the hell would the crowd boo Tommy for being an asshole when it's obvious Axl was the fucking wanker who started the shit. Granted thorwing the bass at a cameraman isn't cool but Axl's attitude blows ass and too many of you for whatever reason eat that shit up.  Yeah it's always the roadies fault. Roll Eyes  and becasue of it Axl's gonna stand there and not perform for the fans. Who's this jerkoff think he's showing up? The roadies won't give a fuck. they'll get fired and then get new jobs with a band who appreciates their efforts. The fans are the ones who as always when it comes to Axl suffer. Why do so many of you support this childish  behaviour as if it's cool. It blows my mind. Obviously Tommy doesn't appreciate it. I wouldn't either if I was in a  band and one guy dictates every move we make and it's alright for him to slack off yet the rest of the band has to give it there all night in and night out "Or else". Tommy should quit and join Soul Asylum full time permanently. Join a band  who respects their fans and treats members of the band equally and treats their road crew with dignity. Fucking Axl Rose just does not get it. Road crews work extremely hard and  in my honest opinion(I wasn't there) there was likely nothing wrong with the set up, only Axl; needed something to bitch about.  "technical difficulties" Gimmie a damn break. how many times is this flake gonna use this excuse. Unbelievable. Believe me when is ay this I LOVE the music but to blindly support every move this guy makes    is absolutely ridiculous and to be honest I have no idea how or why some of you do it.

You are of course assuming that the original poster is right.....a fact not supported by the evidence.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 12:29:11 AM »

i just pissed myself laughing when I just looked at that pic!!!!!!!!
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 12:36:19 AM »

Anyone who gets hit with a bottle of piss is going to get annoyed, i dont blame Tommy, id go fucking nuts!

Tommy is the musical director of GnR, he is the one who actually leads the band. I know alot of people are going to disagree with me on this, but i think its a pretty accurate statement, Axl has even said it. Obviously there are going to be issues between Axl and Tommy that emerge from this sort of relationship. Tommy was in LA leading the band through rehearsals while Axl was in NY doing his thing, most of the pictures we have of the band on their downtime dont show any of the members with Axl. Whenever he is out he is with his own people, doing his own thing. It seems to me that nothing has changed since the illusion days.

Tommy is used to dealing with tough frontmen, read up on your Replacements history if you have any doubts, he has probably seen everything before and doesnt take shit from anyone even if it is Axl Rose. All we can do is speculate but something went on before the 12th Hammerstein shows, fortunatly they made up on stage before TWAT, and i dont know about anyone else but Axl didnt look too pleased with Tommy when he was making his appology.

I dunno, it would be great to know what this band are like backstage and on the road etc!

Jonx
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2006, 12:45:59 AM »

Well said, Jonx. Ties in with the point I was making earlier. In the old days everyone in the band had pretty much started at the same point Axl did, so there wasnt really an authority/respected figure thus Axl pretty much did what he wanted which led us to where we are today. Now, however, Tommy is in the band someone who was in the rock scene and relatively successful at it before Axl ever was even known on the Strip.

Axl isn't quite the asshole he is made out to be, but he aint no saint either. Tommy is here because he is a kick ass bassist and he will ensure that we see the saint more than the asshole on stage. At least thats what I hope.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Bono
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 12:46:09 AM »

axl axl axl always axl,..you weren't there so please don't blame someone you' re not sure. read some of the reviews from the guys who were actually there. now, what do you want? i see you like U2... do you want axl to be like bono? how many times did you change your post? ?YOU give me a break::? peace

I changed my post one time. What's that got to do with anything? have you never edited one of your posts? yeah I thought so. I did read the reviw and from what I gathered was that Axl was AGAIN acting like an ass. Fingering the roadies, pouting and standing still durring an entire song, constantly useing ? the "technical difficulties" excuse is getting so damn lame. Who else in the music business has ever used this excuse a fraction of the times Axl has? Would I like Axl to be more like Bono? hell yeah I would. What's wrong with showing up on time, bringing fans on stage every night, meeting and greeting with fans on a ?regular basis even on the days of the shows, performing his ass off every night, sounding amazing every night, laughing off little things that happen like falling off the stage, or getting hit with a water bottle or roll of paper towel, not blaming the road crew when lemons don't open or a mic cuts out, but instead thank them regularly for being the best crew in the world. Respecting his bandmates and not dictating every move of the band. Yeah i liked it alot if Axl could act a little more like Bono. Can you honestly say you wouldn't appreciate it if Axl acted that way or would that just not be "Rock n' Roll" enough.
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2006, 12:53:59 AM »

I changed my post one time. What's that got to do with anything? have you never edited one of your posts? yeah I thought so. I did read the reviw and from what I gathered was that Axl was AGAIN acting like an ass. Fingering the roadies, pouting and standing still durring an entire song, constantly useing   the "technical difficulties" excuse is getting so damn lame. Who else in the music business has ever used this excuse a fraction of the times Axl has? Would I like Axl to be more like Bono? hell yeah I would. What's wrong with showing up on time, bringing fans on stage every night, meeting and greeting with fans on a  regular basis even on the days of the shows, performing his ass off every night, sounding amazing every night, laughing off little things that happen like falling off the stage, or getting hit with a water bottle or roll of paper towel, not blaming the road crew when lemons don't open or a mic cuts out, but instead thank them regularly for being the best crew in the world. Respecting his bandmates and not dictating every move of the band. Yeah i liked it alot if Axl could act a little more like Bono. Can you honestly say you wouldn't appreciate it if Axl acted that way or would that just not be "Rock n' Roll" enough.

The fact is...most of this is speculation.  And, Axl has been showing up on time the last couple of shows.  He does perform his ass off...everyone that has been to a show has said that.  And they also said that he has laughed most stuff off...made jokes about the bad things that have happened.  Let's give him credit for turning the situation around.  Don't focus on the negative.

Another thing, we don't know what Axl or the band does for the road crew...he could thank them every night in a prayer meeting for all we know.   hihi  Let's not act like we know everything based on a few posts here. 
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2006, 12:58:28 AM »

I can't believe some of you people. You complain that he didn't move around for one fucking song? And yet I see posts all the time saying Axl should move less so his voice is better Roll Eyes Guess what boys and girls this is rock n' roll not some Black Eyed Peas concert. Shit happens.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Scarlett
Headliner

Someday.......

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2006, 01:06:00 AM »

I wouldn't have blamed Tommy or Axl for leaving the stage after getting hit with bottles of piss or whatever was in them. Hell, if I was on stage and someone threw one at me, I'd throw the damn thing back into the crowd and probably start a war.  rofl

I don't know of too many folks that would appreciate having piss thrown at them.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2006, 01:06:00 AM »

Correct, at a Black Eyed Peas concert, piss happens.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Bono
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2006, 01:06:06 AM »

The fact is...most of this is speculation.? And, Axl has been showing up on time the last couple of shows.? He does perform his ass off...everyone that has been to a show has said that.? And they also said that he has laughed most stuff off...made jokes about the bad things that have happened.? Let's give him credit for turning the situation around.? Don't focus on the negative.

Another thing, we don't know what Axl or the band does for the road crew...he could thank them every night in a prayer meeting for all we know.? ?hihi? Let's not act like we know everything based on a few posts here.

So are you saying you would like it if Axl acted a bit more like Bono from time to time? ?Grin I gave the guy and the band shit loads of credit after I saw them at the Hammerstein but be honest the antics are never ending. I don't act like I know everything based on a ?few posts here. I act like I know something based on being a fan for 16 years. I've see it all and heard it all. the good the bad, the ugly. With Axl the bad and the ugly simply ?happen far too often and all I'm saying is it amazes me how people support the antics. Like I said earlier I LOVE the MUSIC but the antics are so not cool anymore. ? I know there are people who share my view on this but for some crazy odd reason we're the minority and I don't understand it. Here's an example: If Bono were to act like Axl in any way shape or form the fans would not put up with it. They just wouldn't. They wouldn't support it. Half of what people who aren't Gn'R fans hate baout Gn'R is Axl's behavior and that turns them off without even hearing the music. ? ? ? ? ? ?
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2006, 01:06:15 AM »

Now we read minds, too?

Anyway, if someone throws a bottle of piss at the stage, I don't care if it hits you or not, my hat's off to Tommy for actually finishing the show. As far as throwing the bass someone's direction, you shouldn't do that. But I find it extremely fucking hypocritical that you guys were booing Tommy for this when you are there to watch and applaud Axl, a man who has, many times in the past, acted in a similar fashion. Sometimes not even showing up to shows. This you pardon? Because he is Axl? Because that's what makes Axl cool? That's fine. But extend the same tolerance/benefit of the doubt to Tommy and the rest of the band.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: