Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:41:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  New RHCP album "Stadium Arcadium" to be released May 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New RHCP album "Stadium Arcadium" to be released May 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 61769 times)
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2006, 12:05:13 AM »

Blues Rocker - Be careful with these these guys!? I'm Chili Peppers fan and dared to make the comment that their songs sound the same to me and these guys went nuts on me! They were even accusing me of not having heard their last 3 albums ( all of which I own, and played out already) - I think
Markus actually called me an idiot for saying their songs all sound the same - I didn't really mean it in a bad way , it was only to point out that I wasn't all that impressed by Dani California - To each their own, but you're fighting a losing battle with them -

i'm not really trying to win anything...just want to make my point, that's all...

they can think whatever they want, but it's always best to get different viewpoints....thanks for the heads-up though.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2006, 12:46:30 AM »

uh...someone who concludes that a person is not intelligent because they use the term "sucks balls" is obviously not intelligent themselves....

it's 2006, dude...the culture is full of all kinds of slang terms...get used to it...where are you from, the 1950's?

I may be wrong... but I don't think he was offended by the immaturity of your post.  I think he meant if the only opinion you're going to share is "RHCP sucks balls!", then he'd rather not hear your opinion.

Like if you had posted THIS originally he might not have said anything:

most of their music is dull and boring...and the vocals usually rest right on the border of rap...not really any melody going on at all.

^^ BTW, that opinion sucks balls.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2006, 09:58:05 AM »

Blues rocker let me break this down to u.

RHCP are DIVERSE

how many groups are out there who master various styles?

U got Prince and RHCP and thats about it.

They can do the slow ballad, they can do the rock, they can do the funk, they can do the rap, they can do it all and they arent posers or sell outs cause they've been doing all this shit since 1983 when they formed.

The Red Hot chili Peppers are THE ONLY group who are making BETTER records now then in their heydey.

U2 arent topping their 80's and 90's classics, Metallica? NOPE

Anthony Kiedis is like an entirely new frontman, he started vocal lessons and has truly improved everything.

John Frusciante is the most innovative and greatest guitarist around today. FLEA is unmatched on Bass, Chad Smith is probably the most underrated drummer in music history.

Anthony writes amazing lyrics and IVe tried and tried but u very rarely hear any 2 pepper songs that sound anything alike. that to me is amazing.

They sound amazing live, they have great chemistry and energy.  Their songs take u to places and really move u in a way not very many bands can.

sure...they can do a lot of styles, but they are all mediocre....jack(s) of all trades, master(s) of none...

i'd rather listen to a band that focuses on one style and does it really well, than someone who tries to do mulitple styles but ends up sounding just ok on all of them.

quality over quantity, people

and I say the same to you...I'd rather have diverse quality (yes quality) music than 100 songs that sounds about the same! ok
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 09:59:49 AM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2006, 10:01:05 AM »

ok ok hihi hihi hihi hihi

I go all out when someone insults one of my bands, u know that! ok

hihi yeah dude. I didn't have the energy to do it myself, but I knew I could trust the D to bring out the right arguments! ok

DCGNR2006
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2006, 10:50:10 AM »

Whatever you say slick - You're absolutely right, Dani California does not sound like it could come right off of Californication or By The Way.
What was I thinking?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2006, 11:28:48 AM »

Dani California sounds like The Red Hot Chili Peppers.

It could not have came off By The Way, maybe californication but who cares?

There are 28 songs on this cd.

Bands put out their most commercial song first, every band does it.

To say everysong on Californication or By The Way sound alike is just plain utterly ridiculous.

By the way the song sounds like NOTHING on the rest of the CD.

Does anything else sound like Cabron or On Mercury? Or Venice Queen or Warm Tape or Cant stop or Zephyr or Doses or Universally or Dont forget me or This is the place?

NONE OF THESE SONGS SOUND ANYTHING ALIKE

people wanna say Dani california sounds like something off Californication ONLY cause Anthony does the geography rap thing with different states.

But for anyone to say that Around The World and Dani California sound even remotely alike have lost their minds.

They have a geography rap pattern but the melodies,music the whole concept is completely different.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
DCGNR2006
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2006, 11:48:28 AM »

Dani California sounds like The Red Hot Chili Peppers.

It could not have came off By The Way, maybe californication but who cares?

There are 28 songs on this cd.

Bands put out their most commercial song first, every band does it.

To say everysong on Californication or By The Way sound alike is just plain utterly ridiculous.

By the way the song sounds like NOTHING on the rest of the CD.

Does anything else sound like Cabron or On Mercury? Or Venice Queen or Warm Tape or Cant stop or Zephyr or Doses or Universally or Dont forget me or This is the place?

NONE OF THESE SONGS SOUND ANYTHING ALIKE

people wanna say Dani california sounds like something off Californication ONLY cause Anthony does the geography rap thing with different states.

But for anyone to say that Around The World and Dani California sound even remotely alike have lost their minds.

They have a geography rap pattern but the melodies,music the whole concept is completely different.

Look man, I really don't want to be in an argument where I'm ripping the Peppers - I'm usually the one who defends them to friends of mine who hate them for whatever reason - You guys are sensitive about em' That's cool - I'm the same way with GNR  - Didn't mean any offense
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2006, 11:50:01 AM »

only 2 1/2 weeks left now peeps! can't fuckin wait!!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2006, 12:14:45 PM »

I got my 60 bucks saved up for the black box limited edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait!!!!

Its not a big deal DCGNR but Ive never been an ACDC or Metallica fan cause to me its all the same ole same ole.

I am a huge GNR,RHCP and Prince fan

WHy?

Cause they are diverse.

most bands like GNR wouldve done the same ole shit over and over and over but how did they follow up one of the greatest albums in music history? An Acoustic CD and a very diverse UYI's.

Thats why I love GNR, they arent safe, everything is different same with the demos we have heard.

I love RHCP cause in one album u are gonna get a combination of great love songs,rock songs,funk songs, experimental songs,rap type songs, its awesome cause one band gives u various spirtual and emotional trips.

Their albums truly take u on an emotional rollercoaster.

SA with 28 brand new songs is mouth watering. DC is the only song ive heard so I got 27 unbelievable surprises to hear May 9th and I am so excited I cant put it into words.

DCGNR2006
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2006, 12:48:59 PM »

I got my 60 bucks saved up for the black box limited edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait!!!!

Its not a big deal DCGNR but Ive never been an ACDC or Metallica fan cause to me its all the same ole same ole.

I am a huge GNR,RHCP and Prince fan

WHy?

Cause they are diverse.

most bands like GNR wouldve done the same ole shit over and over and over but how did they follow up one of the greatest albums in music history? An Acoustic CD and a very diverse UYI's.

Thats why I love GNR, they arent safe, everything is different same with the demos we have heard.

I love RHCP cause in one album u are gonna get a combination of great love songs,rock songs,funk songs, experimental songs,rap type songs, its awesome cause one band gives u various spirtual and emotional trips.

Their albums truly take u on an emotional rollercoaster.

SA with 28 brand new songs is mouth watering. DC is the only song ive heard so I got 27 unbelievable surprises to hear May 9th and I am so excited I cant put it into words.

Ok bud - sounds good - Ac/Dc I love, but they sound exactly alike - RHCP aren't like that! Metallica's newer stuff sounds too similar, I would'nt say their older stuff is that repetitive - But you are absolutely right about GNR following up with different stuff, and I'm glad the newer tunes have a completely different sound, as well-

Later
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2006, 01:45:02 PM »

You can get it for 45 bucks off Amazon.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2006, 01:53:54 PM »

I haven't saved up money yet..but I'll dip into my savings if I have to hihi
that's only if they lower the price on the damn thing, it's still $95 here!..it's insane, it's like $45 on amazon.com!
I have to find a way to do this without paying a ridiculous amount of money, but I also want it on the release date! yes Im difficult Grin

DC, I friggin love Metallica (well, not St. Anger) and AC/DC, got 'Hit the Lights' on as we speak! ok

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2006, 01:56:54 PM »

btw, I have heard these new songs that will be on the album:

Readymade
21st Century
Desecration Smile
Wet Sand

only live recordings, but they sounded amazing folks!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2006, 04:01:45 PM »

Awesome Hillel!!

Timothy Id order it off Amazon but then id have to wait till like Thursday or Friday to get it.

Its worth the extra 10 bucks to get it and hear it and watch the DVD Tuesday! hihi

Hillel I hate to admit this and Im gonna sound like a truly dumb Chili fan but u know today I heard "My Friends" For the first time and only shit this song is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Awesome! I went and immediately bought the single for 99 cents.

I love this song so much.

Im gonna really go back and buy every single chili Pepper CD.

Is the rest of One Hot Minute as good as this song?

Evolution
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2006, 04:06:36 PM »

Readymade
21st Century
Desecration Smile
Wet Sand

Heard Tell Me Baby?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2006, 04:45:23 PM »

Awesome Hillel!!

Timothy Id order it off Amazon but then id have to wait till like Thursday or Friday to get it.

Its worth the extra 10 bucks to get it and hear it and watch the DVD Tuesday! hihi

Hillel I hate to admit this and Im gonna sound like a truly dumb Chili fan but u know today I heard "My Friends" For the first time and only shit this song is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Awesome! I went and immediately bought the single for 99 cents.

One hot Minute is very under rated .serveral good tracks onit .MyFriends ,Warped,Aroplane ,One Big Mob.So yeah it's worth picking up .

Yeah I'll probable end up at best buy buying the straight up cd verions .even though I ordered the limited  one .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2006, 05:34:17 PM »

Readymade
21st Century
Desecration Smile
Wet Sand

Heard Tell Me Baby?

oh shit, yeah I have!
how could I forget?!
shitty recording I have, but it sound so awesome and funky!
sounds like a slick mix of BSSM feel and BTW feel! like BSSM in the verse and BTW in the chorus ok

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2006, 05:39:31 PM »

Awesome Hillel!!

One hot Minute is very under rated .serveral good tracks onit .MyFriends ,Warped,Aroplane ,One Big Mob.So yeah it's worth picking up .

Yeah I'll probable end up at best buy buying the straight up cd verions .even though I ordered the limited  one .

haha, don't be embarrassed about that, there's loooooots of people that write off OHM cos it's not a typical RHCP album (but what is, really?) and cos Dave is on guitar.
the whole album is not as good as My Friends of course, that's one of the best RHCP songs IMO, but it's DEFINATELY worth picking up!
I think you'll like the album a lot D! ok

Edit: in addition to the songs Timothy listed, I'd say Walkabout, Tearjerker, Falling Into Grace, Shallow By Thy Game and Transcending as very strong tracks on the album.
Walkabout live is absolutely STUNNING on guitar, Dave is just fuckin...incredible! yes
I'll try to upload it if you guys want.

a lot of people don't know this, but Flea actually wrote quite a bit of the lyrics for the OHM album. Kiedis was having a very rough time with drugs and finding the inspiration to write lyrics at the time.

pop the album in, start with track 1...Warped, it's gonna kick you right in the face man! Smiley

Edit (again): forgot to mention that Deep Kick and Coffee Shop from OHM is also awesome...ah fuck it, the whole album is gold! Grin
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 06:17:19 PM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2006, 04:58:53 PM »

Im gonna pick up every RHCP album from RHCP,to Freaky Styley to Uplift MOFO to Mothers milk etc etc

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2006, 06:36:53 PM »

good call D, I personally don't like RHCP (the album) much, mostly because of the shitty production, there are some cool songs on there for sure. I haven't heard the remastered version though, it might sound much better!
I love all the rest of the albums though, might take a little time getting into a few of them, but they sure are great! ok

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: