Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 08:21:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Chicago.. Anyone live there? What's it like?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chicago.. Anyone live there? What's it like?  (Read 12265 times)
Born In The USA
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2006, 01:41:12 PM »

I live in chicago its one of the best citys hands down,lots of fun cool towns,music,culture,the summer time is full of music fests and celebrations,everyone is out partying,in the winter it can get very cold but thats only for a few months and it can be an enjoyable break were you can enjoy winter sports and activities and hang out by the fireplace with hot chocoalate,theres always something to see and do,its as alive as new york but less crowded and more laid back,not everyone is crazy to tear your head off driving
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2006, 01:59:21 PM »

I live in chicago its one of the best citys hands down,lots of fun cool towns,music,culture,the summer time is full of music fests and celebrations,everyone is out partying,in the winter it can get very cold but thats only for a few months and it can be an enjoyable break were you can enjoy winter sports and activities and hang out by the fireplace with hot chocoalate,theres always something to see and do,its as alive as new york but less crowded and more laid back,not everyone is crazy to tear your head off driving

Very cool - thanks for the info!

I'm looking forward to my first snowfall wherever we wind up.  My guess is by the 20th I probably won't be, though Smiley

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Brody
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2006, 02:09:15 PM »

Have you thought about any other cities? Do they have to be larger or no?

I've considered a few different places.? But Chicago has some definite advantages over them for me.

B. Size of city - big city = lots to do.

There are alot of things you can find to do in smaller citys.. Alot of times smaller citys things are closer and easier to get too.. too bad your girl wont drive, hawaii is nice...
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2006, 02:12:15 PM »

A girl I worked with moved to Chicago last year, and she absolutely LOVES the city.   yes

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2006, 02:16:44 PM »

Agreed - if my girl would fly, life would be so much easier.  But, short of doping her up and dragging her on a plane unconscious (which would make security raise an eyebrow or two in my direction), its not happening.  I guess that's where the  'for better or for worse' part kicks in.. stupid vows...

Smiley

-darknemus

Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2006, 02:22:46 PM »

Agreed - if my girl would fly, life would be so much easier.? But, short of doping her up and dragging her on a plane unconscious (which would make security raise an eyebrow or two in my direction), its not happening.?
-darknemus

Hmm... well my boyfriend is having second thoughts about flying with me to LA this summer.? I'd be willing to give it a try, and letcha know how it goes...?  Grin

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2006, 03:10:56 PM »

Agreed - if my girl would fly, life would be so much easier.  But, short of doping her up and dragging her on a plane unconscious (which would make security raise an eyebrow or two in my direction), its not happening.
-darknemus

Hmm... well my boyfriend is having second thoughts about flying with me to LA this summer.  I'd be willing to give it a try, and letcha know how it goes...   Grin

Let me be the first to say... lucky boyfriend?

(Yeah, I'm different, sue me Tongue  )

-darknemus

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2006, 04:58:33 PM »

Very cool - thanks for the info!

I'm looking forward to my first snowfall wherever we wind up.? My guess is by the 20th I probably won't be, though Smiley

-darknemus

Just wait for the 120th! hihi

Why don't you just....
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2006, 09:07:38 AM »

So, to expand on this a bit.. As a person visiting the city for the first time in November, anyone have recommendations of 'must-see' destinations?

-darknemus

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2006, 05:45:16 PM »

Wrigley Field, that's reason enough right there

Axl is God.
Born In The USA
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2006, 12:32:46 AM »

the entire wrigley field area has lots of music and comedy hangouts and cool stores and restauraunts,coffe shops to hang out and meet people,it actually has a lot to offer a guns fan,I bought a lot of cool guns shirts and posters and merchandise around there at rock stores,but definately do a little of everything over there just if you cross over to Halsted hold your girls hand as soon as you go over that way your in boys town and you may be hit on by men its nothing to worry about but just if your wondering but thats if you go over that far which is actually a good area in itself to,check out the Lincoln Park area it has lots of cool places like wrigley ville but maybe better even and lake shore drive is awesome and check out Navy Pier it has a lot of stuff going onthere even a feris wheel and all kinds of shit especially in the summer time,also downtown is nice like State street for shopping and eating,Michigan Avenue also a must to stop by downtown you can find some of the most insane stores at those places downtown,on Lincoln avenue by Oz Park in Lincoln Park there are lots of bars and night places where you can club or hang and shoot pool if your into that lifestyle,and of course check out the sears tower and John Hancock,the only areas you have to be careful are,are the west side and south side but in the areas i said and most of the city is safe i never felt in danger but like they say if you see trouble stay away,u should definately check these areas out before online so you can now what youll want to do in the area cause they have so much to offer that you may miss a lot of good shit,also you should check out Improv Olympic a lot of people from Saturday Night Live started there such as Chris Farley
EFISH
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2006, 03:14:18 AM »

awww darknemus.

i guess i'm the stronger of the two of us south floridians. Wink

anyway i agree with u it sucks down here im getting out as soon as i can!  Cheesy

anyway.. how far away do u live from bank atlantic center.

my uncle's house (basically my second home) is 2 minutes from there. its pretty cool that we live within a few minutes of eachother

darknemus
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2006, 08:34:57 AM »

awww darknemus.

i guess i'm the stronger of the two of us south floridians. Wink

anyway i agree with u it sucks down here im getting out as soon as i can!  Cheesy

anyway.. how far away do u live from bank atlantic center.

my uncle's house (basically my second home) is 2 minutes from there. its pretty cool that we live within a few minutes of eachother

I live about 5 miles or so away from the BAC.  I'm essentially at the corner of Sunrise & University.  (The stalking shall commence....now)

I dunno if you're the stronger of us Tongue - Remember, I have been here since i was born, after all.  Except for a quick 5 months in Atlanta (when I was 18 / 19) I've never lived anywhere else - and that was for a job.  (I built a company's network.  Novell 3.11 at the time, I believe)

Its just time for a change, is all Smiley

-darknemus

IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2006, 11:36:15 AM »

So, to expand on this a bit.. As a person visiting the city for the first time in November, anyone have recommendations of 'must-see' destinations?

-darknemus

Dude, check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2006, 11:09:35 PM »

Yep, I've been pouring over the Wiki entry.  In addition, picked up a couple books on the area.  We're currently researching different neighborhoods and the like.

-darknemus

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2006, 08:02:06 AM »

I live about 5 miles or so away from the BAC.? I'm essentially at the corner of Sunrise & University.? (The stalking shall commence....now)

Fuddruckers ok drool

I work down by Stirling and 95, but I know your area as well. I have Panthers Season tix.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2006, 12:01:38 PM »

lol - that Fuddruckers just closed, too.  I'm basically behind where Motorola is.

-darknemus

Kujo
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2006, 12:12:19 PM »

Damn, I'm going to have to find someplace else to go after the Hockey games now. Theres a pretty good pizza place over at the far west end of Jacaranda plaza. Poppys is the name I think. One of the better places I've found down here. Not as good as in Chicago but still good.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2006, 12:24:54 PM »

Damn, I'm going to have to find someplace else to go after the Hockey games now. Theres a pretty good pizza place over at the far west end of Jacaranda plaza. Poppys is the name I think. One of the better places I've found down here. Not as good as in Chicago but still good.

Poppy's is good.  We like Stromboli's, too.. (Fountain Plaza) - and CJ's on Broward Blvd.  There's nowhere to get good Chicago style pizza around here, though.  Closest place is Giordanos - and that's in Orlando.

-darknemus

Kujo
Legend

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2006, 12:31:23 PM »

I'll have to check that one out. There is a place on 441 somewhere around Hallandale Beach Blvd that advertises Chicago style but its the thin and it sucks. There is a very good Chicago thin by me in Stuart, but the closest to get the thick is probably Uno's in Melbourne.

The Uno's in Miami International and Fort Lauderdale International suck, avoid at all costs. Since this has diverted from the original topic, like most threads around here do, have you tried Buca De Beppo on University north of Griffin? Really good food and family style portions. The only "Franchise" italian place thats really worth a damn.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »