Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 03:59:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228095 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 12, 2006 + general info
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 12, 2006 + general info  (Read 156900 times)
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #940 on: May 13, 2006, 03:09:50 PM »

...I'm pretty disappointed with that review.   To any fan, the new songs were amazing and Axl was on top of the world

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #941 on: May 13, 2006, 03:12:32 PM »

Agree with Bazgnr - I got in line about a mile from Hammerstein at 7:25 too (maybe we were in line together?).? And I ended up off to the right of the stage about 10-12 people back.

So were you right there when the cops had the two scalpers up against the car?  If so, we were probably pretty close in line...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #942 on: May 13, 2006, 03:16:33 PM »

...I'm pretty disappointed with that review.? ?To any fan, the new songs were amazing and Axl was on top of the world

Totally agree.  The crowd got quiet during the new stuff, mostly because - in spite of all of us here - they simply aren't as familiar with them yet; I would think any reporter could objectively figure out that SCOM would get a better response when compared to songs that been released at this point...sheesh.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #943 on: May 13, 2006, 03:18:43 PM »

not a single word about Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, Brain mantia, Dizzy Reed and Chris Pittman in that review....nice journalist! Roll Eyes

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #944 on: May 13, 2006, 03:20:39 PM »

I agree about the review - they really did sound great. ?About the sound problems, I was down in the front on the left (facing the stage), about 4 or 5 people back, & it was hard to hear Axl at some points. ?I was also somewhat distracted by the pushing/slamming/sweating/straining to see lol. ?I am way too short to be on the floor, I guess. ?Not a huge fan of Bumble-whatever - I thought his solo was very boring. ?I picked that time to head out of the crowd to grab a drink, but of course Hammerstein ran out of water! ?Very happy that I will be at the rest of the shows! ?Also, it was really cool meeting people from the board at Mustang Harry's, I just wish I had gotten there earlier! ?See you all on Sunday...
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #945 on: May 13, 2006, 03:23:14 PM »

Not a bad review

Regarding the new songs, the audience reaction, or somewhat lack of reaction, is typical of what happens to any band that plays unknown materials (not everybody has downloaded these songs) , not matter how good it is.

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
Z
« Reply #946 on: May 13, 2006, 03:25:27 PM »

I've seen them live since '88 many many times.? This is the tightest on-stage unit I have ever seen live.

When Axl grabbed ahold of Tommy with a hug of relief in the first few songs, that said it all.? Axl is back!!!

If Axl didn't leak those demos, then he sure did listen to us wanting to hear them live.

NO complaints.......not one.

Bumble's solo on the little Bumblefoot guitar needs work but it was only the first show.

His in-song solos were great.? Nice work Ron and welcome to the band.

Robin, oh-man, have you arrived.? You have inserted yourself into the GNR vibe.? To me, you are now GNR.? Fuck yeah dude love the look and it showed how emotional you were to have finally arrived when you dove into the ragin' crowd....not once....BUT TWICE!!!

Richard, loved your solos.....would liko to see you do more.? You are one smooth cat on the strings.

Tommy, love your emotion.? You shine dude.? Loved watching a sober bass player!

Brain, holy fuck I had no idea how tight and SPOT-ON your drum playin is.? AWESOME.? Great fuckin job on the YCBM intro.

Pittman, Dizzy, nice flow.? The book ends to this band.

Axl.....holy shit the look was fuckin amazing.? You sounded better than ever.? The best I've heard you live in nearly 20 years.? Man did you look happy up there.? You can put that Philly no-show behind you.? I'm glad you weren't able to make it if that was what it took to get you to last night.? Fuck Clear Channel!? I'm glad you stuck to your guns and didn't buckle to their demands which led to the cancellation of that tour.?

And Bucket who?!?

Sorry I missed Mustang Harry's.? I got stuck in the Lincoln Tunnel bottleneck debacle for 2 hours.? Didn't get to Hammerstein until 6pm.? Saw all you crazed gunners waiting in line.?

I didn't get to Mustang until 7pm and didn't go upstairs cuz I thought it was over at 5:30.? So I ate dinner downstairs with my girlfriend and my bother.? I read that you guys were upstairs beyond that.? That sucks.? I was next to the soundboard on the steps next to the dj who was kickin the intermission tunes.? Nice work dude.? It sucked when that drunk blond took out your equipment when she sent your table crashing to the ground.

Contrary to many, loved the KOHD version last night.? The song Chinese Demcracy rocked better than ever last night.? IRS, Better & TWAT were incredible.? Blues sounded the same but Mads was awesome.

Yeah there were technical difficulties, throughout, but that's what happens during live performances.? And it was the first performance in 3.5 years.

THANKS GNR for one of the best nights of my life.

Highlights of the show for me was the minute song #4 kicked in...............Better.? WOW!!!

Nighttrain, Paradise, Better, IRS, TWAT...........all of Robin's intro solos...............and NICE JOB ON THE SCOM INTRO ROBIN..........YOU FUCKIN NAILED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh fuck, edited this to add........................Baz & Axl on My Michelle.? One of the greatest moments in rock 'n' roll history.? I was flippin the fuck out to Baz's headbangin!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 03:30:34 PM by Z » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #947 on: May 13, 2006, 03:28:33 PM »

I did love the show, but I have to say that seeing another stage setup with chinese symbols and proclamations of 'CD starts now' again seems a bit embarrassing for Axl.  Robin, Richard, Brain, and Tommy are really creative players; they deserve to have this material released to the public, if not to get the band noterity but also to honor their efforts. The fact that these shows are really the only imprint they have in the music world as a member of GnR undervalues their talents. Get the CD out there, call it something else if you have to, but I have to admit the whole 'Chinese Democracy' angle is a bit tiresome now especially since this is the third restart of this band under the CD moniker.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
RichardNixon
« Reply #948 on: May 13, 2006, 03:30:51 PM »

"dystopian, tense, portentous"

Huh

What?
Z
« Reply #949 on: May 13, 2006, 03:42:32 PM »

NEW YORK TIMES REVIEW!!!

The crowd didn?t go nuts for them. Most of the new songs are dystopian, tense, portentous, finally a bit inconclusive; they dabble in electronic rhythms, big keyboard sounds and droning repetition. They didn?t produce much catharsis, on stage or in the audience. 

That will change when CD is realese in the fall....and yes I do believe after last night that it will happen this time.

It's tough to get into new songs when you have not heard the studio versions yet. 

The GNR classics are so etched in people's minds that it will take time for the new songs to make an impact.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #950 on: May 13, 2006, 03:45:41 PM »

did anyone see the slut in the white mini skirt in the balcony 2nd level on the left side if facing the stage hot as hell dancing around with no underwear on..??
Annie
« Reply #951 on: May 13, 2006, 03:58:19 PM »

This may be a silly question but what is the weather like in New York? It is freezing here in Chicago and I'm trying to decide what to wear!!! peace
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #952 on: May 13, 2006, 03:59:01 PM »

right now it's lovely, sunny high 50's 60's.... yesterday was perfect.
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #953 on: May 13, 2006, 04:04:26 PM »

I loved the show... Going again sunday... but they didn't do Rocket Queen... do you think they cut it out of the set? Forgot to do it? Or the curfew forced them to cut it?

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #954 on: May 13, 2006, 04:06:01 PM »

did anyone see the slut in the white mini skirt in the balcony 2nd level on the left side if facing the stage hot as hell dancing around with no underwear on..??

what he REALLY means is :

has anyone got her phone number ?

hihi hihi rofl rofl rofl rofl

Nothing to say
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #955 on: May 13, 2006, 04:08:10 PM »

Where are the reviews? Do they go here?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
backhill441
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #956 on: May 13, 2006, 04:31:18 PM »

I just wanna say that last nights show was insane. The crowds reaction to axl and him feeding back off the crowd was great. First off, I saw the girl in the white too, she was hot. It was nice to have her to keep the male fans busy during the shitty opening band and b4 Guns came on haha.

Also, there was a part towards the end of November Rain where the new guitarist ran behind the piano to jam with Axl, and Robin ran over to him, grabbed him by the guitar strap and dragged him back to the right side of the stage, just in time to get him out of the way of the amazing wall of sparks the rained down from the ceiling.

Axl also talked a lot last night. He first addressed the critics by saying "People are talking because they think they know what's going on inside Guns and Roses, but they have no idea." Also he said "New York City, my new Paradise City" and later went on to say "I've been here in New York a little while, and like a good student I've been studying hard, studying every night, sometimes until the wee hours of the morning. (Big Smile and cheering) New York has almost killed me a couple times studying" Then when he played his new songs, "I heard a couple of you singing the new songs. Downloading motherfuckers" He seemed half kidding half pissed about that. Also, he said between songs about taking a bike ride around the city and said that his new guitarist needed someone to give him a bike ride around the city to show him the sites. Then, the new guitarist said something, and Axl goes "Wait, wait, say that again" and he says into the mic "I don't know about you, but I'm having a great fucking time" which Axl replied, laughing with a big smile "You don't even know how much fun I am having" He ended the night wwith a screaming " GOOD? ? ? FUCKING? ? ?NIGHT"

all in all, it was the best show i've ever seen, the crowd, axl, the new band, everything was great and going crazy
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #957 on: May 13, 2006, 04:34:40 PM »

Thanks Blackhill!! ok

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #958 on: May 13, 2006, 04:40:03 PM »

How into the newest songs was the crowd in general?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 04:42:16 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Electric Sintar
Headliner

This is the greatest and best song in the world!

« Reply #959 on: May 13, 2006, 04:41:55 PM »

Just got off the train from NY, and not much else to say but WOW!

This is the 7th time I've seen Axl, (first in 14 yrs), but by far the best performance by him.  I personally think this band was tighter then the old band ever was during the Illusion tour.  That combined with Axl's lyrics, and there is no reason GnR won't be on the top of the music world again.  I'm sure there are plenty of Axl haters out there, but the music scene today needs Axl Rose, and based on what I saw last night, he gonna deliver BIG TIME.

To see that band in a venue like that isn't something that will be fogten any time soon.  Whover is lucky enough to have tickets in theie hands for teh next 3 shows, do yourselves a favor and chill with the alcohol until the show is over and enjoy the best concert you've ever soon...   ok
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: