Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:47:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 15th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 15th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!  (Read 74540 times)
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #480 on: May 16, 2006, 02:25:28 AM »

So can someone from the show confirm about Axls voice?  Was it shot?  Was it fine?  Whats the deal?
nothingman
Headliner

Kickin' back in the shadows

« Reply #481 on: May 16, 2006, 02:35:02 AM »

I thought Axl was very good and in fact nailed a lot of the songs.
A few minor blips but overall he was in the zone.
I think he really blows away Baz, but thats just my opinion.

...downloading motherfuckers...
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #482 on: May 16, 2006, 02:36:03 AM »

just got back

I met Lindsay Lohan, Mark something  from vh1 metal specials, and Sebastian Bach

They started at like 11:05, and went till like 1:40

Same setlist as friday, but RocketQueen instead of TWAT

Axl's voice is still unbeleivable, didnt notice any trouble except he coughed "bullshit" in the middle of patience

low part of the night - i went crowd surfing and lost my bandanna

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #483 on: May 16, 2006, 02:49:02 AM »

just got back

I met Lindsay Lohan, Mark something? from vh1 metal specials, and Sebastian Bach

Axl's voice is still unbeleivable, didnt notice any trouble except he coughed "bullshit" in the middle of patience

what did lindsay lohan say to you?
Steel_Angel
« Reply #484 on: May 16, 2006, 02:50:23 AM »

What did she look like...  nervous

any gnr pics yet??
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #485 on: May 16, 2006, 02:50:32 AM »

just got back

I met Lindsay Lohan, Mark something? from vh1 metal specials, and Sebastian Bach

what did lindsay lohan say to you?

She complimented my costume

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #486 on: May 16, 2006, 02:51:21 AM »

What did she look like...? nervous

any gnr pics yet??

Long straight dark hair, and about 5'7" with heals

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #487 on: May 16, 2006, 03:04:55 AM »

A point about the new songs, there are only 6 new songs that we have heard that will make the album, and this band wrote them I dont see why cant play them every show. They dont need to play songs like my michelle, or RQ or AFD songs like that. Even drop LALD but they should be playing teh songs they wrote together
One of your best posts ever,dave. I agree 100%. Its time to retire this AFD rehash. He has talked about burying that shit for years. I can see why he would play the major hits, but having your setlist revolve around almost 20 year old songs is absurd. The members of CD era GNR have spent years being loyal to Axl and working on this mythical album. Showcase that material instead of making them play a setlist which comprises 80% of the material that they had no involvement in. If he doesnt have the guts to play new material, and lots of it before the album is out, at least start adding more UYI and TSI material to the shows. If the setlist stays the same going into Euro tour, it needs to be renamed the AFD tour.

CD does not have the same mystery that surrounded it just a few years ago. Just play the fucking songs. He played a shitload of UYI before the albums came out, and it had no effect on record sales. The people who want the album will buy it regardless of how many boots are in circulation.

gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #488 on: May 16, 2006, 03:33:53 AM »

A point about the new songs, there are only 6 new songs that we have heard that will make the album, and this band wrote them I dont see why cant play them every show. They dont need to play songs like my michelle, or RQ or AFD songs like that. Even drop LALD but they should be playing teh songs they wrote together
One of your best posts ever,dave. I agree 100%. Its time to retire this AFD rehash. He has talked about burying that shit for years. I can see why he would play the major hits, but having your setlist revolve around almost 20 year old songs is absurd. The members of CD era GNR have spent years being loyal to Axl and working on this mythical album. Showcase that material instead of making them play a setlist which comprises 80% of the material that they had no involvement in. If he doesnt have the guts to play new material, and lots of it before the album is out, at least start adding more UYI and TSI material to the shows. If the setlist stays the same going into Euro tour, it needs to be renamed the AFD tour.

CD does not have the same mystery that surrounded it just a few years ago. Just play the fucking songs. He played a shitload of UYI before the albums came out, and it had no effect on record sales. The people who want the album will buy it regardless of how many boots are in circulation.

I disagree on that one. AFD is a mythic record and the more we hear of it the better. I think a lot of people are very happy to hear the AFD songs because I doubt that the majority of people on the forum for instance had a chance to see the band live ever, or at least pre-UYI.

That said, I love all the new songs, they're terrific. As far as UYI sales, they weren't affected  because you had to dig for bootlegs which was a lot more harder than just turning on your pc and download songs. You can't blame Axl for not playing songs that have not leaked yet. He'd be crazy to do so. 

I'm sure the guys would like to play more new songs but 6 is already a good amount. If you've noticed, when a band releases a new record they usually play about  5 new songs along with the older stuff (well, at least that how it used to be in the 90's). I remember a lot of people being annoyed at, let's say Metallica when they would play 8 or 9 new songs and drop classics that you really wanna hear. 

I agree on LALD, as well as KOHD, which are damn good songs, but I personally have had enough of these.  Anyone thinks there's some personal reasons for him to still play these songs, beside just liking the songs a lot?

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #489 on: May 16, 2006, 03:38:50 AM »

All I can say is that if the Beatles were still together (and alive) and had been working on a now completed album for nearly a decade and a half, announced a tour and played A Hard Day's Night - people would be pissed.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #490 on: May 16, 2006, 03:51:05 AM »

All I can say is that if the Beatles were still together (and alive) and had been working on a now completed album for nearly a decade and a half, announced a tour and played A Hard Day's Night - people would be pissed.

No the Beatles just didn't tour because they were sick of the bullshit from the media and people being dumbasses and of inner problems in the band.  They also used the reason that their new songs were too complex to perform live.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #491 on: May 16, 2006, 03:51:29 AM »

I'm fine with GN'R playing old stuff as long as CD remains unreleased. Fine, no problem here. But, and I say "but", if they continue to make it the AFD tour after CD's release, then you're bound to end up playing a greatest hits show every night and eventually lose your mainstream, as well as potentially new, fan base.
But think about it, with people all over the world saying how this isn't Guns N' Roses with all the big changes regarding its line up, imagine if this "new" band got onstage this summer without a CD release and played a majority of new songs. Songs people have never heard and they sound like jibberish because you have no point of reference (imagine hearing Estranged or November Rain live for the first time without having heard it on an album first). Then, people would bitch and say "if we're supposed to accept that this is GN'R, how come they barely play any old stuff?"

You can't please everybody... not yet anyway. ?Smiley
sandman
Legend

« Reply #492 on: May 16, 2006, 04:03:36 AM »

i just got home. this show was better than friday night. tonight's show was nothing short of amazing. one of the best concert of my life.

axl's voice sounded incredible. he is in rare form right now. and the sound was slightly better than friday. at no point did i think his voice wasn't loud enough.

axl was talkative. the entire band was into it. great setlist. 

i was up front on the right. big mosh pit broke out a few times. but it was fun (despite the a few steroid freaks that were all roided up - those guys crack me the hell up).

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #493 on: May 16, 2006, 04:11:09 AM »

I'm fine with GN'R playing old stuff as long as CD remains unreleased. Fine, no problem here. But, and I say "but", if they continue to make it the AFD tour after CD's release, then you're bound to end up playing a greatest hits show every night and eventually lose your mainstream, as well as potentially new, fan base.
But think about it, with people all over the world saying how this isn't Guns N' Roses with all the big changes regarding its line up, imagine if this "new" band got onstage this summer without a CD release and played a majority of new songs. Songs people have never heard and they sound like jibberish because you have no point of reference (imagine hearing Estranged or November Rain live for the first time without having heard it on an album first). Then, people would bitch and say "if we're supposed to accept that this is GN'R, how come they barely play any old stuff?"

No, its not fine. People who have stuck by Axl for all these years do not want to hear 85% old material. People want to hear CD. Hell, even people that arent fans have heard of Chinese Democracy. Start playing alot of songs from it, promote it, and even people that aren't fans will buy tickets out of curiousity.

I heard new songs in July 1991 before they were released. It was amazing. It was half(or more than half) new material, and there wasn't one person in the crowd that wasn't blown away.

Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #494 on: May 16, 2006, 04:14:23 AM »

didnt notice any trouble except he coughed "bullshit" in the middle of patience

Isn't that some kind of running gag? I think he did that before.  Huh

Restraint is for suckers.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #495 on: May 16, 2006, 04:18:01 AM »

didnt notice any trouble except he coughed "bullshit" in the middle of patience

Isn't that some kind of running gag? I think he did that before.  Huh
thats nothing new. he used to say that in the old days after the i'd rather be alone line.
Axl_GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #496 on: May 16, 2006, 04:44:44 AM »

No, its not fine. People who have stuck by Axl for all these years do not want to hear 85% old material. People want to hear CD. Hell, even people that arent fans have heard of Chinese Democracy. Start playing alot of songs from it, promote it, and even people that aren't fans will buy tickets out of curiousity.

I heard new songs in July 1991 before they were released. It was amazing. It was half(or more than half) new material, and there wasn't one person in the crowd that wasn't blown away.

I fully agree.  This isn't the AFD tour, its the CD tour, so they should be playing 7 songs that we are already aware, at the least, every show.  Those 7 songs being, Chinese Democracy, the Blues, Madagascar, Better, I.R.S., TWAT, and Catcher in the Rye.  After the album drops, then they should be playing the majority of it at the shows. 

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #497 on: May 16, 2006, 06:41:29 AM »

No, its not fine. People who have stuck by Axl for all these years do not want to hear 85% old material.

Thats your opinion.  I was completely fine with Friday nights setlist and would rather not have Chinese Democracy spolied months in advance with performaces of songs were not familiar with.

People want to hear CD.

Well thats a seperate issue.

The album will come out when it does and it would be foolish for Axl to blow his wad  and play these unheard songs live when theyre not that close to release.  After the album comes out, theyll have plenty of time to play the new songs.

Start playing alot of songs from it, promote it, and even people that aren't fans will buy tickets out of curiousity.

Theyre buying tickets anyway.

Like Ive said, theyre already playing what could be half of the album.  So we are hearing the material, it just isnt as new as youd like it to be.  Theres also a 95% chance youll hear it before its release anyway.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 06:44:42 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #498 on: May 16, 2006, 06:47:51 AM »

fact is if they only played songs from cd that are done you might only get an hour tops for the gig,
think about newer bands with a past eg audioslave and vr, they toured with one album, but to extend the setlist they added in songs from the old band to fill in the gaps and give a longer show.

i for one think it is fine that axl plays some old stuff it fills time and give you a longer concert.

i mean from say a 21 song set you are getting 6 or seven new songs, almost a third of the gig is new material.
i think once once cd is out it will be 50/50 old and new ok

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #499 on: May 16, 2006, 06:56:03 AM »

think about newer bands with a past eg audioslave and vr, they toured with one album, but to extend the setlist they added in songs from the old band to fill in the gaps and give a longer show.

Well in VRs case, theyll be playing a few GNR/STP songs no matter what, not just to pad the setlist. 

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: