Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 10:07:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section  (Read 139790 times)
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #1120 on: May 13, 2006, 04:22:13 PM »

A bit off topic, but I wanna thank you guys for the updates and reviews!
Last night was so intense - we were like 700 people in the forum and it was slow and pretty hard to refresh, but reading the updates was so exciting!
I hope tomorrow it's not too bad...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1121 on: May 13, 2006, 04:28:43 PM »

"The crowd didn?t go nuts for them. Most of the new songs are dystopian, tense, portentous, finally a bit inconclusive; they dabble in electronic rhythms, big keyboard sounds and droning repetition. They didn?t produce much catharsis, on stage or in the audience."

Untrue.  I was amazed by the reaction those songs got, particularly "Better."  I believe Axl even commented on how at least half of the theatre sang along to these unreleased songs: "Downloadin' motherfuckers."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1122 on: May 13, 2006, 04:29:05 PM »

of course fans arent gonna recognize new songs on the same level as songs that have been out for almost 20 years.

these songs havent even been on the radio yet.

I mean shit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #1123 on: May 13, 2006, 04:46:57 PM »

So the rumours of Slash joining them on stage for a cover of 'Scotty Doesn't Know' (From Eurotrip) dedicated to Weiland and the rest of VR weren't true???!

'Scotty Doesnt Know, Scotty Doesn't Know Woah, Dont Tell Scotty'  hihi

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1124 on: May 13, 2006, 04:52:18 PM »

I really think that these reviewers want to just be mean-spirited!

With GN'R especially. ?Critics shouldn't let it color a review, but most will tell you its hard to be in a good mood and feeling warm and fuzzy about the show when they can't get tickets (they probably bought them), they can't get even the most basic information (most bands would kill for a NYT preview), they're not allowed photos, they probably can't even get return phone calls. ?

I believe the NYT especially hates Axl, or I guess Merck, seeing as they complained (bitterly) that the letter Merck wrote to the Times was "factually incorrect" (read: he blatantly lied), which is why they say they couldn't publish it. ?And Merck brought up whassisname, the guy that faked the stories, a VERY sore point around there, and that sure wouldn't have won them any friends. ? The Times was probably chomping at the bit hoping like hell he'd fall flat on his face. ?At best, even if unintentional, their lemon-sucking writer would not been in a good mood, so things would have appeared negative to him, reflecting his mood. ? At worst, this was payback.

It will be very sad if there's hardly any other major reviews -- which is likely, seeing as most were probably blocked from covering it, or just too frustrated to bother. ?(Or they barely realized it was happening seeing as so little info was released in advanced). ? ?Sad
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #1125 on: May 13, 2006, 04:57:04 PM »

So the rumours of Slash joining them on stage for a cover of 'Scotty Doesn't Know' (From Eurotrip) dedicated to Weiland and the rest of VR weren't true???!

'Scotty Doesnt Know, Scotty Doesn't Know Woah, Dont Tell Scotty'? hihi

hahaha  hihi
that's something you not would want to miss hihi

love that movie  Grin

shit happens when you party naked
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #1126 on: May 13, 2006, 05:02:06 PM »

hahaha? hihi

love that movie? Grin

Lol it could work too, with a few lyric changes:

'Slash says he's jamming with camp freddy, but really he's in New York with me and eddy' 'Scotty doesn't know woah!!'

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #1127 on: May 13, 2006, 05:13:15 PM »

hahaha? hihi

love that movie? Grin

Lol it could work too, with a few lyric changes:

'Slash says he's jamming with camp freddy, but really he's in New York with me and eddy' 'Scotty doesn't know woah!!'

hahaha, this is getting offtopic, but that was hilarious  hihi

shit happens when you party naked
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1128 on: May 13, 2006, 05:47:49 PM »

sweet mother of god

have u guys heard the new intro of TWAT? Shocked Shocked

what a piece of magic ok ok
T-Bone
Opening Act

« Reply #1129 on: May 13, 2006, 05:51:10 PM »

Robin Finck saved the whole night, NYC shows and maybe even the European Tour when he saved Richard Fortus from getting severely burned!(I can't remember the song but it was when those things first came out--->these things)...Seems like  Fortus got distracted for a split second and started walking from right to left in front of Brian's drums when Finck quickly grabbed him from behind and pulled him back to where he came from and into the front of the stage. 5 seconds later this huge set of fire/sparkles came raining now just where RF would've been walking. At the moment Fick just laughed but you could see a sort of "phew!" expression. I don't think many people noticed this and if they did they just saw   it as nothing important. Well once again, thank you Robin Finck. hahaha I also touched him when he dove into the crowd hihi

Shiryu.

It was during November Rain, just before the "sheet" of inverted white sparklers started from overhead.  And wasn't it Tommy who had wandered back there (behind Axl's piano) and not Richard?  Robin was definitely the man for that quick save, not to mention his terrific new look and his performance last night - absolutely great all around.

T
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1130 on: May 13, 2006, 06:52:53 PM »

Robin Finck saved the whole night, NYC shows and maybe even the European Tour when he saved Richard Fortus from getting severely burned!(I can't remember the song but it was when those things first came out--->these things)...Seems like? Fortus got distracted for a split second and started walking from right to left in front of Brian's drums when Finck quickly grabbed him from behind and pulled him back to where he came from and into the front of the stage. 5 seconds later this huge set of fire/sparkles came raining now just where RF would've been walking. At the moment Fick just laughed but you could see a sort of "phew!" expression. I don't think many people noticed this and if they did they just saw? ?it as nothing important. Well once again, thank you Robin Finck. hahaha I also touched him when he dove into the crowd hihi

Shiryu.

It was during November Rain, just before the "sheet" of inverted white sparklers started from overhead.? And wasn't it Tommy who had wandered back there (behind Axl's piano) and not Richard?? Robin was definitely the man for that quick save, not to mention his terrific new look and his performance last night - absolutely great all around.

T

I could feel the heat of those pyros.. I think that it's too risky on such a small stage...   The fireworks are cool but he flames are not needed..
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1131 on: May 13, 2006, 07:15:53 PM »

Thal was hit in the back of the head by one of the pyros; it projected out and licked the end of his hair. The next time it fired, he looked back to make sure he was far enough away.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
badapple81
« Reply #1132 on: May 13, 2006, 07:21:16 PM »

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=732335658&n=2

November Rain video.

Sound quality is okay, and video quality is not too bad, only problem is that it's too far from the stage.

Holy shit! How good does Axl sound?!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1133 on: May 13, 2006, 07:28:42 PM »

the intro to twat is fucking sweet

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #1134 on: May 13, 2006, 07:30:06 PM »

the intro to twat is fucking sweet

Agreed  ok
pekstein
Headliner

« Reply #1135 on: May 13, 2006, 07:56:14 PM »

yo quick question to those who went to the show.  is chris pitman still in the band?  if so, was he noticeable? could you tell he was playing/contributing?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1136 on: May 13, 2006, 08:08:35 PM »

Finck has kind of a John Frusciante look goin. I dig it! much better than that Goth 2002 look. ok

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1137 on: May 13, 2006, 08:14:04 PM »

I hadn't seen this one before... Has it been posted?

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #1138 on: May 13, 2006, 08:15:07 PM »

Awesome! Thanx a lot!  Shocked
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1139 on: May 13, 2006, 08:18:09 PM »

Did axl nail all the lyrics last night without losing breath?

Like during IRS?

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: