Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:01:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section  (Read 140425 times)
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #1100 on: May 13, 2006, 02:44:36 PM »

- interesting side notes: ?Liam (or it might have been Noel) Gallagher from Oasis was there with a blonde date. ?he was in the VIP balcony stage right as was one of the guys from Winger.?

Liam Gallagher...?!? Shocked

That's cool.

i know right?? i thought was odd too.? but he seemed to be into it.? though i glanced over to where he was toward the end of show and he wasn't there anymore.

I believe Oasis are huge GNR fans so it would make sense. He probably made his way to the back and downed a few with Axl after the show...  hihi
crazyfool
Headliner

You dig what i'm saying?

« Reply #1101 on: May 13, 2006, 02:45:21 PM »

Was there any moshing at the show last night??? If so who got the shit kicked out of them lol rofl

yes! ?it was like a high school battle of the bands back in the day. ?I thnk some these guys hadn't gotten to take any aggression out since the last time they saw GNR in 93. ?jk, but it did get rough at times.

12/6/02
5/12/06
5/14/06
11/10/06
4/9/16
6/26/16
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1102 on: May 13, 2006, 02:46:27 PM »

Was there any moshing at the show last night??? If so who got the shit kicked out of them lol
I did, but I sure as hell wasn't trying to mosh. I was an innocent by-stander. I thought I was gonna break a couple ribs. Oh well, won't stop me from getting right up front again Sunday! My friend said that if I had died at the show, she would've told my family that I had gone out the way I would've wanted to. ? hihi

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1103 on: May 13, 2006, 02:50:39 PM »

Was there any moshing at the show last night??? If so who got the shit kicked out of them lol
I did, but I sure as hell wasn't trying to mosh. I was an innocent by-stander. I thought I was gonna break a couple ribs. Oh well, won't stop me from getting right up front again Sunday! My friend said that if I had died at the show, she would've told my family that I had gone out the way I would've wanted to. ? hihi

lol that's funny, i relate to that, i would have gone out like that too if i had to rofl
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1104 on: May 13, 2006, 02:54:15 PM »

Does anybody know what the line situation was? ?All I can see so far is that the line went for about 3 blocks at 7pm. ?Does anybody know what the line was like earlier in the day? ?Was there only one line through the front?
Thanks!!!

All I can say is that I got there at 6 and was in the line at the front of the building. All I saw was 1 line, but then it grew huge stretching around buildings an what not. Given the time I got into line, I was still able to get a seat in the Mezz dead center 4 rows back. Every seat in the place is great. Id say If you got there at 5 you'd be in a great position without to much waiting. Hope that helps you
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #1105 on: May 13, 2006, 02:56:44 PM »

NY TIMES REVIEW

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/13/arts/music/13guns.web.html

Wake up. . . .time to die
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1106 on: May 13, 2006, 02:58:41 PM »

He knows everyone hated the jersey look, so he went back to what people like.  That is what I think.  And in 2002, everyreview said he sounded better then ever.  Being there makes one think that, cause it is so fucking loud and you are into it.  However, the true test is after several shows how will he sound......  I am worried, these are demanding songs and he is getting old. 

Way to go anyways for what sounds like was a great show.  Good luck to the band and the newest member, Bumblefoot.
For christ sake, he's not that old, damn. If he treats his vocal cords with respect during this tour(no smoking or drinking of heavy alcohol), he should be just fine. ok
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 03:00:22 PM by Gunner80? » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #1107 on: May 13, 2006, 03:06:51 PM »

"The crowd didn?t go nuts for them. Most of the new songs are dystopian, tense, portentous, finally a bit inconclusive; they dabble in electronic rhythms, big keyboard sounds and droning repetition" NY Article

I dont agre i think the new songs are masterpieces

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #1108 on: May 13, 2006, 03:09:22 PM »

"The crowd didn?t go nuts for them. Most of the new songs are dystopian, tense, portentous, finally a bit inconclusive; they dabble in electronic rhythms, big keyboard sounds and droning repetition" NY Article

I dont agre i think the new songs are masterpieces

I agree - the writer didn't mention that 80% of the fans new the words and were singing along.  The writer is probably a "it's not GNR without Slash" type guy and had most of the review written before he even went to the show.

Wake up. . . .time to die
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1109 on: May 13, 2006, 03:11:39 PM »

The crowd didn?t go nuts for them. Most of the new songs are dystopian, tense, portentous, finally a bit inconclusive; they dabble in electronic rhythms, big keyboard sounds and droning repetition. They didn?t produce much catharsis, on stage or in the audience.

sometimes i wonder if these writers even go to the show. im all for a negative review but to say that the new songs didnt translate ...dead wrong...its not our fault u dont know the new songs or didnt care to look at the stage and see the guys go crazy playing their material...o and the fans basically reciting the words to all the new songs.... ok

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Annie
« Reply #1110 on: May 13, 2006, 03:22:37 PM »

I really think that these reviewers want to just be mean-spirited! People are flying in from all over to attend these shows! You don't do that unless you IDENTIFY with the  front man!!! And the new songs are brilliant! I can't wait to hear the full version of BETTER!!!!! yes
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1111 on: May 13, 2006, 03:31:40 PM »

The crowd didn?t go nuts for them. Most of the new songs are dystopian, tense, portentous, finally a bit inconclusive; they dabble in electronic rhythms, big keyboard sounds and droning repetition. They didn?t produce much catharsis, on stage or in the audience.

sometimes i wonder if these writers even go to the show. im all for a negative review but to say that the new songs didnt translate ...dead wrong...its not our fault u dont know the new songs or didnt care to look at the stage and see the guys go crazy playing their material...o and the fans basically reciting the words to all the new songs.... ok

you dowloading fuckers hihi
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #1112 on: May 13, 2006, 03:32:43 PM »

enteraintment journalists= the guys who werent talented enough to make it as real musicians ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #1113 on: May 13, 2006, 03:33:54 PM »

Wallpaper I made just now, thanks for all the pics everyone especially the T-Shirt pic I used!  ok  peace

StoneTempleRoses

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #1114 on: May 13, 2006, 03:36:04 PM »

Thats bullshit, on the audio I hear the fans singing and rocking out to all the new songs. Fuck the New York Times. They have always bashed Guns. Remember when Axl went off on them in Uniondale '91.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1115 on: May 13, 2006, 03:39:28 PM »

Wallpaper I made just now, thanks for all the pics everyone especially the T-Shirt pic I used!? ok? peace

StoneTempleRoses

very cool beer
Annie
« Reply #1116 on: May 13, 2006, 03:48:35 PM »

I agree, very cool!
zwgman
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1117 on: May 13, 2006, 03:51:18 PM »

I was at the show last night and was stunned by how few fans knew the new stuff (especially in the back of the venue and the balconies)...they kinda stood around with their arms folded...but that is exactly what happened in 91 when they played Illusion songs that nobody knew...they'll get up to speed when the album comes out  ok

as for the NYTimes, well...they never gush, and constantly refer to performers as Mr. This or Mr.That....they once called MeatLoaf "Mr. Loaf" rofl
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #1118 on: May 13, 2006, 03:52:07 PM »

Was there any moshing at the show last night??? If so who got the shit kicked out of them lol rofl

I was pushed up against the baracade, and there wasn't moshing, just a huge surge from the crowd. People trying to get an elbow in or push forward, many people were being carried out because they were faint. There was some crowd surfing. It was intense, I've always stayed towards the back, so this was the first time I've ever been against the baracade, front row

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
vds0216
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1119 on: May 13, 2006, 04:10:55 PM »

WOW...i mean amazin show.....i had the mezz1 seats and was dead in middle right behind the roped off 'VIP' section....had some buddies of mine right upfront....who said i shouldve been in the trenches cuz just to get a glimpse once is more than enough..i was with my girl and shes tiny so i had to take mezz1....when he first came out, axl that is......i couldnt believe it.....THE MAN right there.....he looked like a fuckin legend.....no more jerseys......the voice was incredible.....i dont think he even expected the crowd to go nuts like that......b4 the show started bach was next to the bar and i overheard him say "r u kiddin me....i wouldnt miss this for the world" AXL is fuckin unreal.....he feels really comfortable being on stage.....the reaction of the crowd was amazing.....im just rambling on about how amazin it was but it truly was.....i still kinda cant believe it......i was at the msg show in '02 and the difference cant even b described.....def. worth checking out......wish i was goin for 4 shows....but the first one was amazing.....just on a sidenote....notice how all the guitar players play the les paul just like slash plays but this is not to take anythin  away from the band...they sounded great..THANK YOU G N' R!!!! UNBELIEVABLE NIGHT!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: