Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 09:48:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  **UPDATED** NEW YORK SHOW(S) TICKET THREAD!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: **UPDATED** NEW YORK SHOW(S) TICKET THREAD!!!!!  (Read 120916 times)
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2006, 03:24:32 PM »

All I know is I want 2 for each night and I'm not confident that I will get them through the website. ?So if I don't I will buy them - If I do, I will sell some :-)

IF GNR plays . . . . ?.they will come

Wake up. . . .time to die
irgspice
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2006, 03:25:22 PM »

I live in NYC (upper east side) and will try my damnedest to get tickets on the 21st. ?I'm very concerned about the competition for getting through to Ticketmaster via phone or internet. ?If anyone has a way of ensuring ticket purchases I will commit to you a down payment for 1 or 2 tickets. ?We would obviously need to flesh out the details but I'm definitely in. ?Please let me know
illusionone
VIP

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2006, 03:26:01 PM »

how about people out of college?

you are oh so clever... in fact you are so clever that you didnt even read what I have written repeatedly.? ITS ON A MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT.? Are you going to sit here and tell me that the fact that the shows are on weekdays and not a weekend will not play a role in people's decision to go??

It didn't play a roll in my decision - 1 down 2,400 to go :-)

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2006, 03:26:08 PM »

you are oh so clever... in fact you are so clever that you didnt even read what I have written repeatedly.? ITS ON A MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT.? Are you going to sit here and tell me that the fact that the shows are on weekdays and not a weekend will not play a role in people's decision to go??

Dude, where do you live? ?No sarcasm intended, but if you're from NYC then you should know that a monday/wednesday night is just as good as a friday/saturday night here. ?We NEVER SLEEP Smiley ?

honestly though, thats not going to stop anyone from not going. ?again, trust me on that one. ?Even bridge and tunnel people will go to a monday or wednesday night show. ?trains run all night baby.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2006, 03:26:22 PM »

what we should do is set up a list of people who are seriously going. and then you add your name to the list. every potential buyer should buy the amount they have and any extras go to the first name on the list. after that name has their ticket, then they go to the next name. max tickets any one on the list should be entitled to is two tickets (cause i dont want to go alone, and im sure other people wouldnt either, but i garauntee id only be bringing a die hard guns fan). weach person on the list would specify if they need 1 ticket or 2. if you end up actually buying a set and you dont need any tickets, just mention it and have your name removed. the list of names should be the first post in the thread, who ever started the thread is in charge of updating it.

this keeps this plan of us helping eachother out simple and also fair.

just an idea

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2006, 03:28:32 PM »

So maybe we don't partner up - but there has got to be a way of knowing how many people need tickets and who has got extra's...

like i said, i wouldn't worry about extras....in fact we can even all agree to help each other sell extra tickets if anyone has any.  But getting rid of extras will NOT be a problem.

Craigslist
Ebay
HTGTH forum
MyGNR forum

between those 4 you will have an endless amount of demand.

I say just buy as many extras as you feel comfortable buying. 

The WORST case scenario you can sell them face value outside of Hammerstein.  People will want these tix.

Am I the only one who thinks that demand will not be as high as some of you are making it out to be?  The shows are on a Monday and Wednesday night.  In the NYC area college students have final exams and projects.  I know this is true since one of my friends cant go because he has a final on that Monday night.  $63 is a nice price of US FANS, but for anyone else that is a little pricey.  I would be careful everyone.  These tix will not be as in demand as you think. 
They'll be gone in less than 30 minutes.

Dude I agree.  Scalpers will pick them up and all you crackheads who are going to buy 12 tickets each will grab them.  Then when you turn around and try to sell them they wont be as much demand as you thought and you will have trouble unloading them.  That is my point.  I am just telling everyone to be careful and not fork out $700 for tix and then cry about losing a good chunk of it. 

How quick did the MSG sell out in '02?  We are talking about a venue that only holds 2500 people (not 25,000)!!!

MSG sold out in 20 minutes!!!!!!!

wasn't it 15 beer

Maybe, what does the shirt say. I know it had the clock with it saying Sold out in 20 fucking minutes, or something to that effect. Maybe it was 15 though. Cant really remember.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2006, 03:29:09 PM »

what we should do is set up a list of people who are seriously going. and then you add your name to the list. every potential buyer should buy the amount they have and any extras go to the first name on the list. after that name has their ticket, then they go to the next name. max tickets any one on the list should be entitled to is two tickets (cause i dont want to go alone, and im sure other people wouldnt either, but i garauntee id only be bringing a die hard guns fan). weach person on the list would specify if they need 1 ticket or 2. if you end up actually buying a set and you dont need any tickets, just mention it and have your name removed. the list of names should be the first post in the thread, who ever started the thread is in charge of updating it.

just an idea

I say keep it as simple as possible...get your extras and then its first come first serve (unless you have pre-arranged agreements/deals with people). ?Any other way will just get confusing and could get ugly. ?If i get extras and i have extras after I take care of my peoples then I'm just going to post here and on craigslist...first come first serve.

kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2006, 03:29:27 PM »

if you want this to be the thread then illusionone shoudl get started on getting names. first come first serve i say.

hey illusionone, ill need two

(ill try to buy 8, if i score any (i have three friends going too) i will see the other five here - face value)

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2006, 03:29:46 PM »

you are oh so clever... in fact you are so clever that you didnt even read what I have written repeatedly.  ITS ON A MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT.  Are you going to sit here and tell me that the fact that the shows are on weekdays and not a weekend will not play a role in people's decision to go??

Dude, where do you live?  No sarcasm intended, but if you're from NYC then you should know that a monday/wednesday night is just as good as a friday/saturday night here.  We NEVER SLEEP Smiley 

honestly though, thats not going to stop anyone from not going.  again, trust me on that one.  Even bridge and tunnel people will go to a monday or wednesday night show.  trains run all night baby.

Aint tha tthe damn truth, adn to add, actually Monday and Weds are at least to me better than the fucking weekends. As I get annoyed goin out when the bridge and tunnel crowd come around.lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2006, 03:30:26 PM »

just an idea

I say keep it as simple as possible...get your extras and then its first come first serve (unless you have pre-arranged agreements/deals with people). ?Any other way will just get confusing and could get ugly. ?If i get extras and i have extras after I take care of my peoples then I'm just going to post here and on craigslist...first come first serve.

i think that's a good idea. i'll do the same. i plan on buying 4, but they all might be taken (depending on if other people i know can get tickets or not)

now you know me better
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2006, 03:30:45 PM »

you are oh so clever... in fact you are so clever that you didnt even read what I have written repeatedly.  ITS ON A MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT.  Are you going to sit here and tell me that the fact that the shows are on weekdays and not a weekend will not play a role in people's decision to go??

Dude, where do you live?  No sarcasm intended, but if you're from NYC then you should know that a monday/wednesday night is just as good as a friday/saturday night here.  We NEVER SLEEP Smiley 

honestly though, thats not going to stop anyone from not going.  again, trust me on that one.  Even bridge and tunnel people will go to a monday or wednesday night show.  trains run all night baby.

I am from NJ.  I have been living in NC for a few years now.  I am moving back in June because I have a job offer in NYC.  I know all about the money, I know all about the city that never sleeps, blah blah blah. 

I dont understand why you people think that this will not play a role in the demand for the tickets.  My brother is just as big of a GNR fan than me, and he said he can only make one show because of work.  He cant skip out early two days.  I just talked to my friend who is a huge GNR fan and he has a final on the night of the 15th.  Again, I am NOT debating that the shows will sell out.  I KNOW THEY WILL.  My point is that some of you think that you are going to be able to turn around and make 200% profit on these tickets.  I dont think you will.  In fact, I think you will have a hard time unloading them if you do buy a lot of them.  That is all I am saying. 
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2006, 03:31:16 PM »

Well, I know none of the lazy bastards around me will make a trip to NYC so I'll probably be going solo, I would be willing to pick up extras, if I can, for some of the people on here that I know and trust.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 03:32:55 PM by kujo » Logged

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
illusionone
VIP

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2006, 03:31:24 PM »

just an idea

This sounds like a great Idea!!!

IF people PM me how many tickets they will need - I will add them to the list on the first post - In your PM, put which show and how many tickets

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2006, 03:34:02 PM »

Dude, where do you live?? No sarcasm intended, but if you're from NYC then you should know that a monday/wednesday night is just as good as a friday/saturday night here.? We NEVER SLEEP Smiley?

honestly though, thats not going to stop anyone from not going.? again, trust me on that one.? Even bridge and tunnel people will go to a monday or wednesday night show.? trains run all night baby.

I am from NJ.? I have been living in NC for a few years now.? I am moving back in June because I have a job offer in NYC.? I know all about the money, I know all about the city that never sleeps, blah blah blah.?

I dont understand why you people think that this will not play a role in the demand for the tickets.? My brother is just as big of a GNR fan than me, and he said he can only make one show because of work.? He cant skip out early two days.? I just talked to my friend who is a huge GNR fan and he has a final on the night of the 15th.? Again, I am NOT debating that the shows will sell out.? I KNOW THEY WILL.? My point is that some of you think that you are going to be able to turn around and make 200% profit on these tickets.? I dont think you will.? In fact, I think you will have a hard time unloading them if you do buy a lot of them.? That is all I am saying.?

ok, so thats 3 people you know......the city has 8 million + and then you have all of long island, NJ, CT, PA ......i think we'll be fine.  honestly, if you feel that way, don't get extras....if other people want to take the chance, let them.  Its thier money, not yours.  Why do you care?

and who said anything about profit?  Anyone on the board who wants an extra from me (if i get any Sad ) gets it for face value.  no need to be greedy.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2006, 03:34:53 PM »

I don't want to hear any belly aching about what day, miss school miss work, you've been waiting forever here
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2006, 03:36:07 PM »

you get my pm illusionone?

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
irgspice
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2006, 03:36:57 PM »

Few things to make clear:

1. It is against the law to re-sell a ticket in the state of NY for greater than 10% of face value

2. Having said that, people can do what they want (and they do). ?But it would be really stupid to start bidding on tickets now before the supply is even available. ?This would artificially raise the price (from $65 to likely well over $300) and essentially price many people out of the market.

So do not start saying things like "I will pay you $200 per ticket right now" in the public forum. ?Let's not take the money away from the band and into the pockets of greedy a-holes
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2006, 03:37:01 PM »

I don't want to hear any belly aching about what day, miss school miss work, you've been waiting forever here

my god... sometimes you people leave me at a loss for words.  I WILL BE GOING TO BOTH SHOWS.  I am not complaining about it.  However, in the real world away from the wonderful world of GNR message boards, people have what we call responsibilities.  And these real world responsibilities sometimes get in the way of things.  And there is a strong possibility that these responsibilities may get in the way of some people going to see GNR on May 15 and 17. 
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2006, 03:37:14 PM »

I am from NJ.  I have been living in NC for a few years now.  I am moving back in June because I have a job offer in NYC.  I know all about the money, I know all about the city that never sleeps, blah blah blah. 

I dont understand why you people think that this will not play a role in the demand for the tickets.  My brother is just as big of a GNR fan than me, and he said he can only make one show because of work.  He cant skip out early two days.  I just talked to my friend who is a huge GNR fan and he has a final on the night of the 15th.  Again, I am NOT debating that the shows will sell out.  I KNOW THEY WILL.  My point is that some of you think that you are going to be able to turn around and make 200% profit on these tickets.  I dont think you will.  In fact, I think you will have a hard time unloading them if you do buy a lot of them.  That is all I am saying. 

As a Fan I sure as hell am not lookin to turn any profit, I am gonna do my damndest to secure tix and hook up those I have talked with,  and those lookin to get tix just to try to make money fuck off!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
irgspice
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2006, 03:38:59 PM »

Right on, dude.  I will extend the favor to you if I can grab more than 2 tickets.  If I recall correctly, you actually shared some 2002 Boston and MSG shows with me 3 years ago and I still owe you one.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: