Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:35:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Toilet Seat - The Thread!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Toilet Seat - The Thread!  (Read 11189 times)
Sterlingdog
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2006, 03:26:20 PM »

I probably sound like a real psycho when I take my daughter into a public bathroom.  I'm constantly yelling "Don't touch anything!"  and "Did you touch that? Gross, don't touch anything else till we wash your hands!"   And trying to hold her over the toilet so she doesn't have to hold on.  And I always always flush with my foot.  I'm not touching that thing. 

Then the handwashing...l scope out the paper towel dispenser first, if its the kind you have to touch to work, then I dispense a bunch and leave it hanging.  Then I wash my hands, (and my daughters) get the paper towel to dry my hands and then use it to turn off the water.  I also use the paper towel to open the bathroom door.  Hopefully there is a garbage can nearby to drop the paper in.  Otherwise when you see crumpled paper towels just inside the bathroom door..its because of people like me. 
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2006, 03:46:20 PM »

I probably sound like a real psycho when I take my daughter into a public bathroom.  I'm constantly yelling "Don't touch anything!"  and "Did you touch that? Gross, don't touch anything else till we wash your hands!"   And trying to hold her over the toilet so she doesn't have to hold on.  And I always always flush with my foot.  I'm not touching that thing. 

Then the handwashing...l scope out the paper towel dispenser first, if its the kind you have to touch to work, then I dispense a bunch and leave it hanging.  Then I wash my hands, (and my daughters) get the paper towel to dry my hands and then use it to turn off the water.  I also use the paper towel to open the bathroom door.  Hopefully there is a garbage can nearby to drop the paper in.  Otherwise when you see crumpled paper towels just inside the bathroom door..its because of people like me. 

then what do you do if there is a blowdryer there? no tissue? use toilet paper?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Sterlingdog
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2006, 04:00:22 PM »

Hit the button on the dryer with my elbow.  To open the bathroom door, if I'm lucky I get out while someone else has the door open.  If not, I use the paper seat covers as paper towels.  If I'm forced to touch the door handle, I have hand sanitizer in my purse that I use.  But I wash my hands again at the earliest opportunity.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2006, 04:07:35 PM »

Hit the button on the dryer with my elbow.? To open the bathroom door, if I'm lucky I get out while someone else has the door open.? If not, I use the paper seat covers as paper towels.? If I'm forced to touch the door handle, I have hand sanitizer in my purse that I use.? But I wash my hands again at the earliest opportunity.

Oh my God!  Shocked

Don't you think you overreact a bit?  hihi
I mean, why do all that?
I'm pretty careful when I'm in public toilets, but geez, I'm nowhere near that!
Sterlingdog
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2006, 04:32:49 PM »

Oh my God!  Shocked

Don't you think you overreact a bit?  hihi
I mean, why do all that?

I've worked in a few healthcare facilities, so I'm well trained in infection control.  I also have worked with the public a great deal, and guess what?  The public is gross and unclean.  Seriously.  People pick their nose and pull their underwear out of their ass before they grab a door handle.  Ever just sit back and people watch?  You'll see them doing all kinds of nasty things when they think no one is looking. 

I also won't eat at a place if I can see people using unsafe food handling techniques.  I try not to think about what goes on at the places I can't see.  If I think about it too much, I won't be able to leave my house. 

Also, I have a kid.  And I'm far more concerned about her getting sick from some weird germs than myself, but since she will catch anything I catch, I have to be careful.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2006, 04:39:08 PM »

Oh my God!? Shocked

Don't you think you overreact a bit?? hihi
I mean, why do all that?

I've worked in a few healthcare facilities, so I'm well trained in infection control.? I also have worked with the public a great deal, and guess what?? The public is gross and unclean.? Seriously.? People pick their nose and pull their underwear out of their ass before they grab a door handle.? Ever just sit back and people watch?? You'll see them doing all kinds of nasty things when they think no one is looking.?

I also won't eat at a place if I can see people using unsafe food handling techniques.? I try not to think about what goes on at the places I can't see.? If I think about it too much, I won't be able to leave my house.?

Also, I have a kid.? And I'm far more concerned about her getting sick from some weird germs than myself, but since she will catch anything I catch, I have to be careful.

I had never ever thought about that!
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2006, 01:56:42 AM »

Sterling is 100% right. Using elbows, feet and paper towels. I'm all about the hand sanitizers.

I have OCD so I understand completely. The worst thing is that even if you wash your hands, flush using your foot (which is impossible at a urinal without looking like a complete tool, I might add? rant) you still have to touch the door handle where who knows how many people have touched it without washing their hands. I heard that is the filthiest item in a public bathroom.

The best bathrooms are the ones with no front doors, just the little maze, and the sensor cammodes, urinals, sinks, and hand dryers. Those are an obsessive compulsives dream.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2006, 02:19:34 AM »

Hit the button on the dryer with my elbow.? To open the bathroom door, if I'm lucky I get out while someone else has the door open.? If not, I use the paper seat covers as paper towels.? If I'm forced to touch the door handle, I have hand sanitizer in my purse that I use.? But I wash my hands again at the earliest opportunity.
Wow, isn't this going too far? At school we had this teacher who couldn't touch anything he knew someone else had touched, I feel sorry for him.

The only thing that makes me feel disgusted is when someone has forgot to flush after poo, but other than that I really don't have a problem. If I catch something, then I do, it's nothing to have stress over.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2006, 03:14:42 AM »

That "something" might be something you don't want to catch.

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2006, 03:22:57 AM »

Yeah, but there's bigger things to worry about if your into worrying

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2006, 02:24:26 PM »

Speaking of toilets here is a little etiquette everyone should practice.

When u go to pubic restrooms "DO NOT PISS ALL OVER THE SEAT!"

U ever had to use the bathroom horribly bad but the only stall has a toilet lid filled with piss?

Be courteous to those who may have an emergency and use the urinals.

Only guys who are peter shy or have small dicks use stalls instead of urinals! ok hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2006, 02:34:51 PM »

Not necessarily.? I'll sometimes use the cubicle if it's got paper there, cause I find dabbing to be more effective than shaking (sorry Embarrassed).? I guess it just depends if i'm in a hurry or not.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 02:48:18 PM by Danny Top Hat » Logged
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2006, 03:27:25 PM »

I've worked in a few healthcare facilities, so I'm well trained in infection control.  I also have worked with the public a great deal, and guess what?  The public is gross and unclean.  Seriously.  People pick their nose and pull their underwear out of their ass before they grab a door handle.  Ever just sit back and people watch?  You'll see them doing all kinds of nasty things when they think no one is looking. 

I also won't eat at a place if I can see people using unsafe food handling techniques.  I try not to think about what goes on at the places I can't see.  If I think about it too much, I won't be able to leave my house. 

Also, I have a kid.  And I'm far more concerned about her getting sick from some weird germs than myself, but since she will catch anything I catch, I have to be careful.

im guessing the toilet scene in trainspotting must really gross you out... Grin

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Sterlingdog
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2006, 03:29:13 PM »

im guessing the toilet scene in trainspotting must really gross you out... Grin

I haven't seen it.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2006, 06:55:49 PM »

I'm not talking about worrying, I'm talking about catching something, or coming down with something. If you've seen what scientist have found in bathrooms, especially on the door handle, you'd understand. To me its like saying: "I'm going to have sex without a condom... if I catch something I'll catch something"

For me I like taking the whole "I might catch something" out of the scenerio.

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2006, 05:11:10 AM »

I'm not talking about worrying, I'm talking about catching something, or coming down with something. If you've seen what scientist have found in bathrooms, especially on the door handle, you'd understand. To me its like saying: "I'm going to have sex without a condom... if I catch something I'll catch something"

For me I like taking the whole "I might catch something" out of the scenerio.

now really, what's the possibility of catching something bad from a public toilet?

And I never got anything that antibiotyics couldnt fix when having sex without a condom.

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2006, 09:19:55 AM »

That sounds like worrying to me.? I know you have scientific basis for it, but i'd say there's still a healthy degree of paranoia worked in there as well.? I touch door handles all the time and I feel fine! drool
Sterlingdog
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2006, 03:09:57 PM »

Honestly, you might as well skip washing your hands if you are going to touch the water faucet handle with your clean hands to turn off the water.  The germs that were on your hands when you turned the water on, will be there when you turn it off and get right back on your hands.  The same goes for the door handle. 

And maybe you won't catch anything deadly, just a cold or two.  But would you lick a total stranger on their hands, or anywhere else?  Because when you touch a public door handle (or escalator, or shopping cart, or elevator buttons) then touch your face, you are getting all those strangers' germs right into your body.  So go around and lick hands, its the same thing.

I might sound paranoid, but my handwashing procedures (using paper towels to turn the water off, open the door, etc) are what medical professionals use and its required by law where I work.  And if you saw what some of the people do where I work, you'd be paranoid too.  And we do take them out in public, so they are also touching all those public door handles.  And you don't want to know what their hands have been in...
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2006, 01:22:35 PM »

always close, i live with  two girls!!!

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2006, 01:29:56 PM »

And maybe you won't catch anything deadly, just a cold or two.  But would you lick a total stranger on their hands, or anywhere else?  Because when you touch a public door handle (or escalator, or shopping cart, or elevator buttons) then touch your face, you are getting all those strangers' germs right into your body.  So go around and lick hands, its the same thing.

Isn't it just!, going out in public can be a nightmare these days, and I swear that the average price of your standard hazmat suit has sky rocketed these past few years.

(Though, I was brought up to kiss the faucet thankyou after washing my hands in the pub toilets. It puts hair on your... Lips (Stoned?))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 07:32:47 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: