Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:51:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hip Hop beats on the new gnr songs
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hip Hop beats on the new gnr songs  (Read 8073 times)
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 06:58:27 PM »

I don't know about you, but the disco beat to Oh My God is the greatest part of the entire song, and it's genius. I absolutely love that fucking disco beat.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 07:01:15 PM »

I don't know about you, but the disco beat to Oh My God is the greatest part of the entire song, and it's genius. I absolutely love that fucking disco beat.
Shocked fuck yea  ok
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 07:09:01 PM »

I have noticed these 'hip hop' beats, as you call them. It's obviously a drum machine used to produce demos. I do believe 'Catcher in the Rye' has a proper drum beat to it though. 'Madagascar' appears to have a falsetto beat entwined into it's rythym but I think it works well with the song.

There's not anymore that I can do...
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2006, 07:09:58 PM »

Shocked fuck yea  ok

I really wouldn't mind GNR playing a new version live, one that was much more practiced and performed well than the half-ass shit kicker '01 version. Plus, Brain didn't play the beat right. He used the snare. I can play the entire song on drums and there's NO snare on the disco beat.

Anyway, disco beats and techno beats own. SIMPLE PLAN BLOWS. ok Wink
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2006, 07:11:48 PM »

I have noticed these 'hip hop' beats, as you call them. It's obviously a drum machine used to produce demos. I do believe 'Catcher in the Rye' has a proper drum beat to it though. 'Madagascar' appears to have a falsetto beat entwined into it's rythym but I think it works well with the song.

Can you please explain what a falsetto beat is? Sorry, I'm not the greatest person with music vocabulary. I never learned how to read sheet music, even though I play piano quite fluently.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 07:22:34 PM »

do't know much about drumming but isn't Brain big on that kinda beat? It's "the thing" right now, has been for years. Don't bother me none in fact I enjoy that style of drumming ok
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 07:29:06 PM by Neemo » Logged

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 07:28:26 PM »

Who cares.

Axl Rose could have the worst players in the world and he would still make it a great band. The guys genius, period.
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 08:00:51 PM »

Who cares.

Axl Rose could have the worst players in the world and he would still make it a great band. The guys genius, period.

Quite right. But still, the hip-hop beats are insanely good. I have the loops myself. I can send them to you if you PM me. The only loop I don't have is I.R.S.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 08:34:38 PM »

This is somewhat a bone of contention for me. Not that I have anything against hip hop, but I think these flourishes will date Chinese Democracy if thyre not used extremly sparingly.

Axl needs to put out something timeless sounding, not something that you listen to in years to come and can hear very specific influences of a given era or trend

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 10:29:42 PM »

To tell you the truth, I prefer real drums. Beats sound too "dry" to me.

yeah, I think they sound a bit generic and un-original but as someone said, they are demo's and hopefully not how they turn up on the finished product, if it is ever finished
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2006, 10:38:09 PM »

generic & un-original? who has made anything that compares to the new leaks./demos in a long ass time?? if you wanna talk generic & un-orginal listen to slither & fall to pieces or anything on contaband for that matter.? but then again you probably love those songs!

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
McDuff
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 01:50:03 AM »

hell the beats on the songs sound cool to me,I don't think of them as hip-hop beats,but whatever  beer
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 08:13:09 AM »

generic & un-original? who has made anything that compares to the new leaks./demos in a long ass time?? if you wanna talk generic & un-orginal listen to slither & fall to pieces or anything on contaband for that matter.? but then again you probably love those songs!

just the drum machine man, chill out
madagas
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 08:22:52 AM »

I would have to agree with Jimmy and classic. I am not a big fan of the intro beats to Twat or the beats in Maddy and Irs. Citr and Better are fine but the others just seem to be trying to hard to incorporate yourself in to some form of dated trend at this point. Let the Gorrilaz do that. Axl needs to come back more like U2 with a classic sound---at least on the first record. The synthesizer and keyboard effects are fine-like in CITR, Chinese, Rhiad, and some of Maddy. But, Twat could use a little more of a classic feel at the beginning and Irs should be just straight up rock with the keyboard effects mixed in. Bands like Coldplay and Green Day have recently showed that you can sell 4-5 million units in the US without any "hip hop" beats. Axl needs to play to his strength-melody. beer
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2006, 11:42:10 AM »

twat has that wutang beat
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2006, 12:06:26 PM »

These songs are no more Hip Hop than Radiohead. Nobody calls Radiohead Hip Hop. Also, with all the Hip hop that has been vomiting out of the record industries mouth these days, I prefer to call it Shit Hop.

And no, I am not saying this stuff sounds like Radiohead, I am just saying Thom yorke does it and everyone calls it experimental GN'R do it and everyone says they're trying to hard.

madagas
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2006, 12:17:42 PM »

Good point...and being that I am a huge Radiohead fan, I don't like some of their "beats" either. Radiohead also doesn't sell as many records as Green Day or Coldplay...which is the type of success I am sure Axl is looking for! Grin
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2006, 12:20:15 PM »

but none of the "beats" compare to the cowbell...
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2006, 12:39:28 PM »

I don't like these beats they make the new songs worse
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2006, 12:44:36 PM »

but none of the "beats" compare to the cowbell...

cowbell's so last year.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: