Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:08:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Who should replace buckethead?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who should replace buckethead?  (Read 61974 times)
Catalina
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2005, 05:56:30 PM »

if not izzy...perhaps steve vai ?  hihi Grin smoking
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2005, 04:28:24 AM »

I think they should hire Gilby and fire Robin. Fortus has already proved that he can play lead better than Robin. I never liked Robin, he looks stupid and his efforts of playing the SCOM and November Rain solos sound just horrible. Besides, isn't Gilby pretty good at playing lead as well?

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2005, 08:45:30 AM »

well i don't like buckethead,but i think he is great player...
guilby isn't so good to be lead guitar in band like gnr,i think that Axl know that,and he want something special on lead guitar

I have never seen so many tree
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2005, 06:47:14 PM »

think that Axl know that,and he want something special on lead guitar
He has already the right guy: his name is Richard Fortus.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2005, 12:38:51 AM »

guilby isn't so good to be lead guitar in band like gnr

Dude, I saw Gilby live Thursday night and you're dead wrong.  Gilby is plenty good to play leads.  His solos last night were frigging great...even on the GN'R tunes he played.  Gilby is an excellent guitarist.  Definitely better then anyone currently in GN'R.  And he's an excellent songwriter, something this new band desperately needs.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2005, 01:47:25 PM »

yes Gilby isnt a bad choice

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2005, 07:50:28 PM »

well i don't like buckethead,but i think he is great player...
guilby isn't so good to be lead guitar in band like gnr,i think that Axl know that,and he want something special on lead guitar

I'm agree with you I don't like Robin, Outta get me, scom november rain, souns really bad!!!!!. And a guitar player to replace bucketheat........... Jonh Petrucci  Dream theater!!!
linker
Opening Act

...still alive... maybe offline

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2005, 07:29:51 AM »

uhm...bucket what....I dont like him he look too much complex
IZZY would be OK.

I'm reckless and feelin' no pain
does that makes me insane.??
gnrkoncerti
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2005, 10:07:27 AM »

for me there are 3 options:
1)reunion
2)buckethead
3)new gnr have to change his style and some older guitarist(like brian may) will be replace for the buckethead
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2005, 11:57:04 PM »

Kirk Hammett thought about doing it and still keeep his MEtallica bandwagon going.

Death Star...when was this supposed to go down.

Anyway, what is the Soundgarden guitarist doing now, Thayil?

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
usurper
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2005, 02:21:42 PM »

Kirk Hammett thought about doing it and still keeep his MEtallica bandwagon going.

Death Star...when was this supposed to go down.

Anyway, what is the Soundgarden guitarist doing now, Thayil?

I just thought about that guy a few days ago, his style is kinda rough edged but it could work well in GNR
dustNroses
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2005, 09:41:40 PM »

I remember reading an article years ago where slash says "axl is learning guitar so now i have to deal with that" I think this was around the time when Paul huge replaced Gilby for a short time. 94 or 95? Axl would be a pretty damn good player by now, so maybe he'll play. Highly doubtful though.
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2005, 12:48:21 PM »

I remember reading an article years ago where slash says "axl is learning guitar so now i have to deal with that" I think this was around the time when Paul huge replaced Gilby for a short time. 94 or 95? Axl would be a pretty damn good player by now, so maybe he'll play. Highly doubtful though.

That'd kinda suck if Axl did become a ful time guitarist cos it would take away from his stage presence, he'd have to just stand in the one place, he couldn't run around the stage because 1.he'd have the guitar so he wouldn't be able to hold the mic and move around with it and 2. he wouldn't be able to move around with the guitar because he'd have to stay at the mic to sing.
izzyrose
Headliner

Station dudes n' dudettes!!! GUNS N' ROSES!!!

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2005, 04:30:19 PM »

I don't really think bucket head can be replaced although Slash was great he can' be replaced either. Maybe i should replace him.lol. Grin

peace izzyrose ok
                                                 beer

:ok: izzyrose:peace:
? ? ? ?  beer
MikeB
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2005, 01:04:00 AM »

I think someone to replace BH should be someone that's not yet famous . Look how Zakk Wylde got an awesome start in Ozzy's band .No More Tears is a kick ass album I believe. I hope Axl believes just because a musician has  lack of fame dosen't affect their playing. beer
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2005, 05:30:27 PM »

MikeB, Zakk actually made his debut on the 'No Rest For The Wicked' album.

MikeB
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2005, 10:49:18 PM »

MikeB, Zakk actually made his debut on the 'No Rest For The Wicked' album.
Well sorry Mr.Einstein I don't keep track on that stuff and i'm not as obsessive as you guys are with music. What I was saying was if I were in Axl's shoes I would find a guy that no one has ever heard of, fans wouldn't know what to expect to be on the new material.It would be straight-up lame to hire an already famous guitarist, we would know what to hear.Besides it's been too long waiting for chinese democracy,I'm goddamn tired . Axl needs to take a break from all the stress he's been through with music, he needs to find himself a nice good looking woman and start a family, before he gets too old ok
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 10:51:59 PM by MikeB » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2005, 03:34:04 AM »

MikeB, dont take it so seriously!! I was just telling you that you were mistaken on which album he made his debut on. I didnt mean it in a shitty way. But with the way alot of people here talk, I can see why you took it that way. I wasn't trying to offend you. I always thought that Justine Friscmann from Elastica would be a good replacement. Maybe not for CD itself, but the 2nd album(if its ever made). I just thought of someone who could replace Buckethead!! He's awesome and I'm pretty sure he's out of a job. That would be Kim Thayil from Soundgarden!! I think that was his name. Surely you remember him. He had really long black hair and could play like a motherfucker! His work on Badmotorfinger and Superunkown is intense! He kicked some ass on Louder than Love too, although a weak album in its entirety, it has a couple killer tracks(Hands All Over, Big Dumb Sex).

MikeB
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2005, 06:45:51 PM »

MikeB, dont take it so seriously!! I was just telling you that you were mistaken on which album he made his debut on. I didnt mean it in a shitty way.
I was just playing dude. ok
journey
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2005, 03:20:19 AM »

Jack Black or Michael J. Fox
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: