Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:07:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Third Guitarist Question (should Buckethead rejoin or maybe even Slash?)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Third Guitarist Question (should Buckethead rejoin or maybe even Slash?)  (Read 45856 times)
speed_stone
« Reply #220 on: March 09, 2006, 02:21:31 AM »

finck and fortus can handle lead and rhytm on their own, i would be surprised if a third guitar player showed up but you never know with gnr so it's gonna be exciting to see if axl pulls a 2002 press release before the tour. would be cool. smoking
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #221 on: March 09, 2006, 02:46:26 AM »

Bring the one and only BUCKETHEAD back.  His guitar work on this album is gonna be the second best thing next to Axl's vocals.
brownstonemr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #222 on: March 09, 2006, 03:06:43 AM »

Bring the one and only BUCKETHEAD back.  His guitar work on this album is gonna be the second best thing next to Axl's vocals.

Axl hasn't stated that bucketheads work will be on the album has he?  What if Axl does not like buckethead as a person now. Does he leave the guitar work on because he believes it is better for the song. Or does he remove it because he would rather hear a song without the touch of someone he has bad feelings about.

Just a thought and Axl could still talk to buckethead and have a great respect for him....and BH's work is probably on CD.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 03:08:40 AM by brownstonemr » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #223 on: March 09, 2006, 03:07:42 AM »

Slash would never be a third guitarist.

I think Bucket will come back. It would be a shame for him to contribute so much to CD and then not benefit from its release.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2006, 03:38:51 AM »

I think Bucket will come back. It would be a shame for him to contribute so much to CD and then not benefit from its release.

I hope you are right but I think he won't for two reasons:

Bucket tour dates:
Friday, June 9, 2006  Wakarusa   Lawrence, KS
Saturday, June 10, 2006 Wakarusa  Lawrence, KS

GnR tour dates:
June 9th, 2006  Dublin, Ireland @ RDS Arena

June 11th, 2006
Donington, UK @ Donington Park (Download Festival)

I think Bucket's reign in GnR is over, unfortunately.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: March 09, 2006, 03:46:31 AM »

Don't worry...Bucket is not that good.

I'm sure there is can be someone who can fill in for Mr. bucket

CD is comming out this year...just relax! Cheesy

Wake up....Time to die!!!!!!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #226 on: March 09, 2006, 03:48:57 AM »

Bucket tour dates:
Friday, June 9, 2006? Wakarusa? ?Lawrence, KS
Saturday, June 10, 2006 Wakarusa? Lawrence, KS
   ?    
GnR tour dates:
June 9th, 2006? Dublin, Ireland @ RDS Arena

June 11th, 2006

Damn! That basically kills our hopes for BH. crying crying But theoretically, he could cancel those Kansas dates. I know, I'm in dreamland. Hope GNR plays IRS at Rio. I want to see Robin or Richard try and redeem that song like BH did.

Nice detective work,KV. ok Even though its bad news.

Nesquick will be extremely happy....someone should go wake him up. hihi

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #227 on: March 09, 2006, 03:50:32 AM »

Not only do you not know what you're talking about, its also obvious you haven't heard these demos.

elmir
VIP

« Reply #228 on: March 09, 2006, 04:02:05 AM »

Not only do you not know what you're talking about, its also obvious you haven't heard these demos.

as well as Bucket's solo records.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #229 on: March 09, 2006, 06:56:07 AM »

Bucket tour dates:
Friday, June 9, 2006? Wakarusa? ?Lawrence, KS

Saturday, June 10, 2006 Wakarusa? Lawrence, KS
   ?    
GnR tour dates:
June 9th, 2006? Dublin, Ireland @ RDS Arena

June 11th, 2006

unless Buckethead announces more tour dates during the GNR tour in Europe, i still belive that everything can happen.
SADIS
« Reply #230 on: March 09, 2006, 07:32:40 AM »

I don't wanna be a total ass, but when I heard Bucket's work on the Better demo it sounds like a gambling machine. With all the noises en weird melodies. One of my friends said the exact same thing without me saying what I thought.

Not my style.....so I don't hope the guy will be back. I think Fortis and Finck is just fine.....
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #231 on: March 09, 2006, 07:42:13 AM »

"Axl hasn't stated that bucketheads work will be on the album has he?  What if Axl does not like buckethead as a person now. Does he leave the guitar work on because he believes it is better for the song."

Yeah that was my question...from what I've read about these demos BH is on them (correct?)...if that benefits Axl in any way shape or form, whether that be more albums sold once the album is released, good\bad publicity whatever Axl will leave him on the record...the only way BH comes back (in my humble opinion) is via a legal threat\contract thingie...so I would be a bit cautious about linking BH's currently posted tour date schedule with any kind of gnr connection...there are suppose to be more BH dates added according to BHL...I really think Fortus can do the job though (again, my two cents)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #232 on: March 09, 2006, 07:55:39 AM »

the band won't make the Buckethead's mistake twice. Buckethead is the past, turn the page, it's over. Have you heard Tommy in his recent interviews talking about Buckethead? He said "buckethead was a nightmare", isn't that enough clear for you?

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: March 09, 2006, 08:21:18 AM »

the band won't make the Buckethead's mistake twice. Buckethead is the past, turn the page, it's over. Have you heard Tommy in his recent interviews talking about Buckethead? He said "buckethead was a nightmare", isn't that enough clear for you?

Money talks. If they waved enough money in front of Buckethead he'd come back for the tour. And since Axl has the say in what GnR does the other guys would simply have to deal. Plenty of bands tour that pretty much hate each other off stage.

And hold a gun to his head and Robin still couldn't begin to cover Buckethead's slack. Sorry.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #234 on: March 09, 2006, 08:31:05 AM »

Money talks. If they waved enough money in front of Buckethead he'd come back for the tour. And since Axl has the say in what GnR does the other guys would simply have to deal. Plenty of bands tour that pretty much hate each other off stage.
I don't think that's what Axl wants in his band. I don't think he wants his bandmates to hate each other. and I don't think he would put Guns N' Roses in danger just by "waving enough money in front of buckethead". Richard, Robin and Tommy are friends, I think they knew each other before joining Guns N' Roses, Richard and Tommy played music together in the past, it's a long time friendship, I highly doubt the band as A WHOLE, as a musical and human entity, wants BH to be back. didn't buckehead and robin almost fight together backstage in 2002? I heard that.
Finally stop considering Buckethead's guitar parts on these demos are that complicated to play, it's not THAT complicated, it's pretty basic, he just plays fast. every good professional guitarist is able to play that with a little training. and the most important is that his parts are the less melodious guitar parts ever heard in Guns N' Roses. For me, his shredding solos sound out of place and ugly. Robin's solos are much more melodious. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 08:33:53 AM by nesquick » Logged

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #235 on: March 09, 2006, 10:07:12 AM »

Finally stop considering Buckethead's guitar parts on these demos are that complicated to play, it's not THAT complicated, it's pretty basic, he just plays fast. every good professional guitarist is able to play that with a little training. and the most important is that his parts are the less melodious guitar parts ever heard in Guns N' Roses. For me, his shredding solos sound out of place and ugly. Robin's solos are much more melodious.

You contradict yourself. It's hard to play fast. His phrasing might not be super complicated but to play at that speed is definitely hard. And all I said was if you held a gun to Robin's head he couldn't recreate those parts if his life depended on it. I'm sure there are plenty who could just not him. Robin's lead playing always sounds too nervous to me in spots where he should probably lay back more. But what do I know I've only been playing guitar for 15 years.
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #236 on: March 09, 2006, 10:11:48 AM »

I don't think that's what Axl wants in his band. I don't think he wants his bandmates to hate each other. and I don't think he would put Guns N' Roses in danger just by "waving enough money in front of buckethead". Richard, Robin and Tommy are friends, I think they knew each other before joining Guns N' Roses, Richard and Tommy played music together in the past, it's a long time friendship, I highly doubt the band as A WHOLE, as a musical and human entity, wants BH to be back. didn't buckehead and robin almost fight together backstage in 2002? I heard that.
Finally stop considering Buckethead's guitar parts on these demos are that complicated to play, it's not THAT complicated, it's pretty basic, he just plays fast. every good professional guitarist is able to play that with a little training. and the most important is that his parts are the less melodious guitar parts ever heard in Guns N' Roses. For me, his shredding solos sound out of place and ugly. Robin's solos are much more melodious.?

Shut Up Your Mouth!!!

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #237 on: March 09, 2006, 10:13:30 AM »

yeah right, it's hard to hear the truth.
You'll never see BH back onstage and that's the truth, and that's fucking GREAT? ok
the band will be huge now, you'll see it, people will love this band without the robot.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 10:18:05 AM by nesquick » Logged

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #238 on: March 09, 2006, 10:17:42 AM »

yeah right, it's hard to hear the truth.
You'll never see BH back onstage and that's the truth, and that's fucking GREAT? ok

Wow...

Bitterness and hatred are paths to the dark side, young padawan.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #239 on: March 09, 2006, 10:26:29 AM »

Don't worry (It will be like Christmas morning, like when you were a kid) When they go on stage, we'll see who's in the line-up.

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: