Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:57:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Third Guitarist Question (should Buckethead rejoin or maybe even Slash?)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Third Guitarist Question (should Buckethead rejoin or maybe even Slash?)  (Read 45888 times)
green
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2006, 08:02:48 AM »

Yeah i know what u mean but im just trying to say that Slash ain't coming back because people still thinks that Slash will come back.But it WON'T happen......MARK MY WORD
SADIS
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2006, 08:18:17 AM »

Yeah i know what u mean but im just trying to say that Slash ain't coming back because people still thinks that Slash will come back.But it WON'T happen......MARK MY WORD

Oh yeah, i get what you mean. It wasn't directed at you specifically ....what I meant was that an article doesn't make me realize that Slash ain't coming back cause enough shit has happened in the past for them to never reunite.

Still I find it a bit stupid or Axl to really think he was the main ingredient for GnR's succes. I guess he never would have thought that Slash would become as popular (or maybe even more) than himself.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2006, 08:49:22 PM »

Do they really need 3 guitar players? GNR doesn't need to be like Lynyrd Skynyrd and have 11 members!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
manny
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2006, 08:55:19 PM »

Do they really need 3 guitar players? GNR doesn't need to be like Lynyrd Skynyrd and have 11 members!

Well I agree. But these songs were written and produced with 3 players, so basically yeah. The real question is do they really need 2 keyboard players. I mean can't they hide Dizzy and Chris bhind a curtain or something Undecided
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2006, 08:58:27 PM »

Possibly. I am not sure if the new songs are specifically designed around three guitarists. I am certain that Finck's abilities extend beyond what I heard from him during the 2002 tour; he could do the Bucket parts but they may not have the same quality and tempo as Big B could execute. Both Finck and Fortus had some trouble with the Slash parts, but both will no doubt shine on the new record.

Personally, I would recommend getting another guy; it could take alot of pressure off Finck n fortus if there was another rhythm player or substitute lead to handle a few of the parts.

On a side note, I am convinced that Brian May will show up on the tour at some point and crank out Catcher for us.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2006, 09:03:44 PM »

There is no doubt for me that Robin can handle the load.  ok

If there is a third guitarist it should be Vernon Reid of Living Colour. I just hope its not someone like Wes Borland. That old rumor still gives me nightmares.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2006, 09:44:05 PM »

Is Zakk Wylde a possibility? He did the TWAT solo didn't he?

As far as I know and im pretty mucha big BLS/Zakk fan his work on CD is not gonna be on the finished product. And I do not think that the solo is Zakk. He wouldnt have time to join he's int he studio writing and recorded the new BLS album and then hes touring Europe, South America, and I think Austrila. Of course Ozzfest and then he'll write and record with Ozzy... too busy.

I like two guitarist and I like BH but I do not think he's right for GnR. Time will tell.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
ILChief
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: March 08, 2006, 09:51:36 PM »

I don't think they'll add a 3rd guitar. but if they do, my guess is Gilby Clarke.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2006, 09:52:11 PM »

they could play with one of those, oh shit, what's it called? a "click-tape" maybe. you know , like a lot of bands do (motley crue and def leppard come to mind).
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: March 08, 2006, 09:54:56 PM »

I think many people on this board would be surprised on how great of a lead player Gilby is and what he may be able to add to GNR.  Sometimes I think people don't give him credit since he filled Izzy's spot on the Illusion tour
If Bucket is truly gone, perhaps Gilby can get into the mix....but who knows, right?
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2006, 09:57:02 PM »

I'd be down for some Gilby Clark rockin with GnR again.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2006, 10:06:29 PM »

Since Gilby did the Hollywood Rose thing, and the fact he said this band isn't GNR, I'd say that would be a no. I never really cared for Gilby's playing that much anyway.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Gary Sunshine.

awolgnr
Headliner

Don't you think that you need somebody?

« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2006, 01:22:12 AM »

Axl let Robin come back after he left to tour with NIN.  I am still amazed about that.  I hate, I repeat HATE to beat a dead horse, but Bucket could come back.
Tracii Guns wanted to come back after Nikki Sixx blew off Brides of Destruction to return to Crue, but Axl didn't return his email (that's according to Tracii).  I'd have to guess that both Tracii and Gilby Clarke pissed off Axl with their involvement in the Hollywood Rose remixes.
Slash has VR and no amount of wishing is going to bring him back (at least not until they are as old as the Eagles or the Rolling Stones, and they need the money.)
Paul was decent, but not great, and having him step in would only force Robin or Richard to try to shred, which neither excels at.
Who does that bring us back to? Bucket. 
Unless Axl surprises us like last time, and we find out there is a new member thanks to a last second press release not even put out by the band, management or record company!  Everyone be watching the official sites for the shows coming up... maybe they'll know something first!

I've been where I have been and I've seen what I have seen...
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2006, 01:28:15 AM »

Bucket quit the band before. No one thought he'd be at the Rio show and there he was.

gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2006, 01:30:31 AM »

i just wish he didnt look that damn weird.. hes got talent and everything.. but.. damn man.. the whole image kinda makes people look at the band and say.. damn... what happened u know?hes a freak.. and we all know it...

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2006, 01:39:13 AM »

i just wish he didnt look that damn weird.. hes got talent and everything.. but.. damn man.. the whole image kinda makes people look at the band and say.. damn... what happened u know?hes a freak.. and we all know it...

That happens until they hear BH play then they dont care what he looks like.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2006, 01:47:13 AM »

I think it would be cool to have Tracii guns in the band. Then the name guns N roses would make sense. hihi Is he even talented? Or is he just like average?
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #217 on: March 09, 2006, 01:56:03 AM »

yeah i know. But do u get what i mean? lol.... him and axl dont go together like axl and slash u know.. batman and robin not batman and.. the riddler.

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #218 on: March 09, 2006, 02:02:28 AM »

yeah i know. But do u get what i mean? lol.... him and axl dont go together like axl and slash u know.. batman and robin not batman and.. the riddler.

That was deep dude.

gnrevolution.com
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #219 on: March 09, 2006, 02:04:40 AM »

That was deep dude.

U think so? lol... i think it was fitting.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: