Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:36:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  New songs - the novelty has worn off?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New songs - the novelty has worn off?  (Read 39375 times)
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2006, 04:49:29 PM »

I love how people say they dont like the new songs yet they still come in on this board.  Roll Eyes Seems to me you are wasting your own god damn time. What do you come here for. This place and others are for talking about and waiting for Guns N' Roses' new album and tours to come. I honestly dont get why you people are here. All I hear is how you dont like the new songs, you dont like how Axl treats his fans, this and that and all this other bullshit. No ones forcing you to be here, just fucking leave. There are many Velvet Revolver boards and and even sub-boards where you can go and talk about the old band all you want. Wake up, the old band is over and wont be back in a long time, if even at all. Just get over yourselves.  With that said, I love all the new stuff, cant stop listening to it. I'm more pumped than ever for this record. Its everything I have been waiting for. Its the best music I've heard since maybe the Illusions.

Just in case you don't know, there are A LOT more GNR songs then just the leaks.  IF you don't like the new stuff, you still might want to come here to talk about the old ones.....to each their own dude.

That being said, I like the new songs, but I find myself wanting to listen to the old stuff more - does that make me "less of a fan"?  please.

hanna don't let some of these people get you down, they have no idea what they are talking about, like you are less of a fan for not being in love with each leak like the week they came out.. Leaks are different then normal albums, when we get a leak we listen to one song a billion times over, and so on when the next one finally hits, so then you have two songs you listen to for days upon days, and it's not even because it's so good it's because it's new music you have been waiting for from your favorite lead singer.. So then weeks become months and you see nothing come out of it (cd) and you are burnt on the tunes already.... So we had irs twat citr better, was everyone here supposed to listen to those 4 tracks forever?? Shit you take every gnr song ever done and see if there aren't 4 you never listen to anymore, that must make you less the a fan... What if these 4 new tracks weren't all new favs of yours were you supposed to just keep listening each day and acting the same as you did the first time you hear them??

You basically get one song a year but god forbid you get tired of these tracks that you listen to 6,000,000 times each... hihi Some act like they never heard music before....

If you are still listening great if not what the fuck is it anyone elses concern..

I hear ya bud, loud and clear.  None of these dudes bother me, I just think its soooo funny how some of them are so adamant that these new songs are better then ANYTHING on AFD! hahah.  Really funny.

Honestly, I have been listening to Avenged Sevenfold non stop for a month - I hope the new GNR kicks half as much ass.  They're going to be playing at Hammerstein in May.....I kinda want to go, but I doubt my poon friends or my girlfriend will be interested in going.

Did I say any of these songs were better than any of the old Guns songs. Fuck no, so dont put fuckin words in my mouth. All I said was that this is the GN'R board, where we talk about the new band. There is a place on this board to go and talk about the old band, go and find it. You guys are acting like these songs are pieces of shit. They are definetly the best songs I've heard since the Illusions. I still listen to the old GN'R music more than the new stuff. But the thing is, I can make them co-exist. I just dont automatically say that the new songs aren't that good because you know, my precious Slash isnt playing on them. You guys are pathetic, Slash hasnt been in the band since 1996, I think its time to move on. And believe me, the leaks arent the only thing I have been listening to. I listen to all kinds of music, I was just listening to Dr. Dre not even an hour ago. So dont fuckin assume things about people you dont even know.

What the fuck are you talking about dude?  I think you've been listening to "out ta get me" a little bit too much.  Douche.

What do you mean dude? Well, if you read your post, then read my response to it, its not that hard to understand. Maybe you should go back to 4th grade so you can learn how to read again.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2006, 05:00:08 PM »

Dude you are a f'ing clown.  When did I say i didn't like the new songs?  When did I say I want the old band back?  When did I say I liked Velvet Revolver?  When did I say I feel "mistreated" as a fan?  Did I even mention I wanted a reunion?  oh wait, lemme guess...you're just some attention seeking dipshit who thought he could stir up some trouble by talking all tough behind your keyboard.  You are telling me to re-read my post??? DId you even read mine to begin with?  hahaha.  The best part is you say not to put words in YOUR mouth!??!?  Your original response has NOTHING to do with what I was even talking about - the point was I'm just a little bored of the new songs.  Where you got all your nonsense from I can only guess.  Did I even address you specifically??  paranoid loser.  rofl

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2006, 05:16:08 PM »

Dude you are a f'ing clown.  When did I say i didn't like the new songs?  When did I say I want the old band back?  When did I say I liked Velvet Revolver?  When did I say I feel "mistreated" as a fan?  Did I even mention I wanted a reunion?  oh wait, lemme guess...you're just some attention seeking dipshit who thought he could stir up some trouble by talking all tough behind your keyboard.  You are telling me to re-read my post??? DId you even read mine to begin with?  hahaha.  The best part is you say not to put words in YOUR mouth!??!?  Your original response has NOTHING to do with what I was even talking about - the point was I'm just a little bored of the new songs.  Where you got all your nonsense from I can only guess.  Did I even address you specifically??  paranoid loser.  rofl

Did I even address you specifically in my first post. I was talking about people in general who say they dont even think the new songs are that good, that they arent impressed, or they are disappointed with them and how they dont measure up to the old songs. So your the one who started it. I wasnt even talking about you, until you called me out. Then I was just restating what I said in the first place about the people who always complain. Then you and whoever else that other guy is started making it all about you two. Dude, just jab it cause I'm sick of talking to you.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 05:19:34 PM by ChineseIRS » Logged
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2006, 05:24:16 PM »

I love how people say they dont like the new songs yet they still come in on this board.? Roll Eyes Seems to me you are wasting your own god damn time. What do you come here for. This place and others are for talking about and waiting for Guns N' Roses' new album and tours to come. I honestly dont get why you people are here. All I hear is how you dont like the new songs, you dont like how Axl treats his fans, this and that and all this other bullshit. No ones forcing you to be here, just fucking leave. There are many Velvet Revolver boards and and even sub-boards where you can go and talk about the old band all you want. Wake up, the old band is over and wont be back in a long time, if even at all. Just get over yourselves.? With that said, I love all the new stuff, cant stop listening to it. I'm more pumped than ever for this record. Its everything I have been waiting for. Its the best music I've heard since maybe the Illusions.

Just in case you don't know, there are A LOT more GNR songs then just the leaks.? IF you don't like the new stuff, you still might want to come here to talk about the old ones.....to each their own dude.

That being said, I like the new songs, but I find myself wanting to listen to the old stuff more - does that make me "less of a fan"?? please.

hanna don't let some of these people get you down, they have no idea what they are talking about, like you are less of a fan for not being in love with each leak like the week they came out.. Leaks are different then normal albums, when we get a leak we listen to one song a billion times over, and so on when the next one finally hits, so then you have two songs you listen to for days upon days, and it's not even because it's so good it's because it's new music you have been waiting for from your favorite lead singer.. So then weeks become months and you see nothing come out of it (cd) and you are burnt on the tunes already.... So we had irs twat citr better, was everyone here supposed to listen to those 4 tracks forever?? Shit you take every gnr song ever done and see if there aren't 4 you never listen to anymore, that must make you less the a fan... What if these 4 new tracks weren't all new favs of yours were you supposed to just keep listening each day and acting the same as you did the first time you hear them??

You basically get one song a year but god forbid you get tired of these tracks that you listen to 6,000,000 times each... hihi Some act like they never heard music before....

If you are still listening great if not what the fuck is it anyone elses concern..

I hear ya bud, loud and clear.? None of these dudes bother me, I just think its soooo funny how some of them are so adamant that these new songs are better then ANYTHING on AFD! hahah.? Really funny.

Honestly, I have been listening to Avenged Sevenfold non stop for a month - I hope the new GNR kicks half as much ass.? They're going to be playing at Hammerstein in May.....I kinda want to go, but I doubt my poon friends or my girlfriend will be interested in going.

Did I say any of these songs were better than any of the old Guns songs. Fuck no, so dont put fuckin words in my mouth. All I said was that this is the GN'R board, where we talk about the new band. There is a place on this board to go and talk about the old band, go and find it. You guys are acting like these songs are pieces of shit. They are definetly the best songs I've heard since the Illusions. I still listen to the old GN'R music more than the new stuff. But the thing is, I can make them co-exist. I just dont automatically say that the new songs aren't that good because you know, my precious Slash isnt playing on them. You guys are pathetic, Slash hasnt been in the band since 1996, I think its time to move on. And believe me, the leaks arent the only thing I have been listening to. I listen to all kinds of music, I was just listening to Dr. Dre not even an hour ago. So dont fuckin assume things about people you dont even know.

What the fuck are you talking about dude?? I think you've been listening to "out ta get me" a little bit too much.? Douche.

Funny coment about out ta get me"  hehehehe .

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2006, 05:25:47 PM »

wicked funny!!!!  Roll Eyes
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2006, 05:36:55 PM »

here's a big problem in general with the new gnr, nothing to do with their abilities or anything like that, it's their inactivity and no album releases... usually when you are into a band in the present they are out and about and you get caught up in the excitment of the times..? The old gnr wouldn't have been as fun or massive if they weren't around during their music... These songs are years old and we have boots years old but no band out there , that is the problem and another reason to lose interest at certain times..

to many of you new gnr is some big band that has been around for years making good music, to the rest of the world it's a band that hasn't even started yet.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 05:41:13 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2006, 07:34:39 PM »

here's a big problem in general with the new gnr, nothing to do with their abilities or anything like that, it's their inactivity and no album releases... usually when you are into a band in the present they are out and about and you get caught up in the excitment of the times..? The old gnr wouldn't have been as fun or massive if they weren't around during their music... These songs are years old and we have boots years old but no band out there , that is the problem and another reason to lose interest at certain times..

to many of you new gnr is some big band that has been around for years making good music, to the rest of the world it's a band that hasn't even started yet.

It's also rather tiresome when various friends or co-workers go on about how their favorite band just released a new album and it's simply amazing, or how they just got bloody amazing concert tickets for there favorite band....

Meanwhile for us Gn'R fans it's like "score! Axl went to a bar on the weekend" hihi

But anywho, Pearl Jam is releasing their long-awaited album on my birthday this year...maybe Axl will do the same? Smiley

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2006, 07:48:31 PM »

I don't know if its just me, but I'm kinda bored of the leaks already - maybe its b/c I completely played them out?  Not entirely sure, but I don't find myself NEEDING to hear them like I was a few weeks ago.  I think it has to do with the fact that 2 of the 4 are kinda slower songs (TWAT, CITR) and IRS and Better have some, what I would call, "slow" parts to them.  Better TOTALLY drags on .30-1 minute too long for my tastes, very weak outro.

Anyone else feel like we need a bonafide rocker or two to balance out the tracks we've heard so far?

I dunno but your posts are completely played out (737 in like 2 months?  come on)

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2006, 08:11:48 PM »

here's a big problem in general with the new gnr, nothing to do with their abilities or anything like that, it's their inactivity and no album releases... usually when you are into a band in the present they are out and about and you get caught up in the excitment of the times..  The old gnr wouldn't have been as fun or massive if they weren't around during their music... These songs are years old and we have boots years old but no band out there , that is the problem and another reason to lose interest at certain times..

I can agree with that. Thats where most of the frustration comes from with the fans. If we were informed on things, then we would be at each other's throats all the time. Sorry to the people that I have been fighting with, but I was in a bad mood today and with the frustration with GN'R it just put me over the edge. It was an off day. I dont know, I just have to stick up for Axl, thats one of my things.
badapple81
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2006, 08:15:16 PM »

Better still wows me every time, but I am definately ready for more. I think the leaks kinda gave me something to hold me over and now I can wait until the tour and album.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2006, 10:59:57 PM »

i really can't get bored of any of them. I mean of course when i first got them i played them non-stop and now i play them less frequently, but boy when i do, i still can't help but smile and think how much this album is gonna kick ass.....

when i listen to them i still find it hard to comprehend that i am actually listening to a new song sung by AXL ROSE!!! and that these are from the recording sessions for CHINESE DEMOCRACY.

it still blows my mind when i think of that, and yes the songs themselves still blow my mind.  ok

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2006, 01:24:47 AM »

mike lets say AFD didnt exust but lets say the Illusions were GNRS first album....and now its the same situation but  WTTJ SCOM and PC were leaked ur telling me u wouldnt be that much into those songs because the band was inactive?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2006, 01:33:19 AM »

The novelty wore off a bit for me after having listened to them constantly for about a week.  A couple of weeks of not hearing the songs at all cured that.

They are great songs, but I find that anything I listen to too often will lose some of it's hold over me.  That's only normal.

I know when the novelty wears off a bit we all want more new songs, but it's been a pretty damn good year getting four new Guns songs, and they range from great to brilliant.  This is the most we've gotten at any one time since...1991!

a.k.a. KBear
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2006, 01:43:49 AM »

Nope... I give the new songs a whirl everyday, more than once.  It seems to me that I find a new part here or there, and finding those new parts really adds to the experience of the song each time I hear them.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2006, 04:13:12 AM »

mike lets say AFD didnt exust but lets say the Illusions were GNRS first album....and now its the same situation but? WTTJ SCOM and PC were leaked ur telling me u wouldnt be that much into those songs because the band was inactive?

I can't tell you, this is a seven year layoff basically with a hint of life in 01-02... If albums actually came out that would be different, these are leaks from a band that I never see..
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2006, 05:43:37 AM »

Im totallybored of the new tracks, but im not bored of Appetite, Lies or half the Illusions songs. That suggests to me that this new album isnt really gonna hold my attention for too long before I crack out good old Mr Brownstone again.... All the excitement I had when I heard the leaks have long gone and Im back to square one.

At least theres variation on those albums not just 'Oh my girlfriend did me wrong 15 years ago' Get over it Axl mate.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2006, 06:02:59 AM »

You know, I'd really like to say something right now, but I'm gonna just keep my cool.
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2006, 06:15:35 AM »

CITR has only just started to grow on me and is slowly making its way to my favourite of the four.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2006, 06:20:23 AM »

Im totallybored of the new tracks, but im not bored of Appetite, Lies or half the Illusions songs. That suggests to me that this new album isnt really gonna hold my attention for too long before I crack out good old Mr Brownstone again.... All the excitement I had when I heard the leaks have long gone and Im back to square one.

At least theres variation on those albums not just 'Oh my girlfriend did me wrong 15 years ago' Get over it Axl mate.

I agree with your post man.... The new songs are good but i cant listen to them over and over and not get bored.. i could listen to AFD over and over...

Yeah the songs about the girl from 15 years ago are pretty gay....  Nikki Sixx even said that too.. he said something like "Axl needs to stop being such an EMO fuck and kick ass again"....

I have to agree with Mr Sixx on that... I hope Axl has some ass kicking songs that dont involve a bitch from years ago..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2006, 06:20:43 AM »

maybe for some people being wowed is a lot tougher these days.. I look at myself today and when I was a teen and I was into way more new bands back then... metallica bon jovi aerosmith vh motley crue etc could have released albums back then and I would have bought them ,but today I probably wouldn't even care.. I'm still a fan just not as excited these dayws as I once was..

Back when I was big into gnr I was into the entire band, today it's a more axl because he's the one I know best out of the new band so that can be a reason too... To a point it's not like a "gnr" album is coming out it's more like an axl rose album is coming out so that kind of lessens my excitement too, it would be like any individual gnr effort it's just not the same...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: