Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:57:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Damn illegals........
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Damn illegals........  (Read 21738 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2006, 11:16:20 PM »

What could we do in Darfur? Even liberals don't want us there, since they're afraid it would become another Iraq. We conservatives don't want to go there because, unlike Iraq, it isn't full of resources we could use to better our country. Charity should start at home, anyway. We could stop giving money to other countries and give working Americans more tax cuts.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2006, 11:16:54 PM »

You're right, everything they said about Iraq is true in Iran.

Which is why not doing anything could prove more costly....

Anybody read the boy who cried wolf?

Please raise your hands.........
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2006, 11:18:36 PM »

What's next? Singing the national anthem in Spanish?

Pal I dont know if this was mentioned before

but some latin artists recorded a spanish version of the national anthem of the United States... ha ha ha  hihi hihi
SLCPUNK
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2006, 11:19:50 PM »

What could we do in Darfur? Even liberals don't want us there, since they're afraid it would become another Iraq. We conservatives don't want to go there because, unlike Iraq, it isn't full of resources we could use to better our country. Charity should start at home, anyway. We could stop giving money to other countries and give working Americans more tax cuts.

Don't believe everything you think...........

Pal I dont know if this was mentioned before

but some latin artists recorded a spanish version of the national anthem of the United States... ha ha ha  hihi hihi

That remark was a meant to be sarcastic.

I am curious how many people that are upset about singing the national anthem in Spanish, actually know all the words in English (honestly)?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 11:21:28 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2006, 11:25:46 PM »

I'll tell you what is worse then anything: Jon Secada singing the National Anthem for the Inauguration of Gov. Jeb Bush....

Somebody should have gone to jail for that........

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2006, 07:47:44 AM »

Someone in Miami has some dirt on him. He caters to that community alot. I'm still waiting to hear how Miami-Dade got all that money after the hurricanes two years ago that didnt even touch that county.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2006, 11:10:20 AM »

There are lots of United states people who are against illegals... but  you might have seen this, when a reporter asked some gringuitos to point IOWA (us. state) in the map of the States, they couldnt do it, and there was even this guy who pointed South America as the States... so where is all this unnecesary hatred going?
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2006, 11:18:16 AM »

There are lots of United states people who are against illegals... but? you might have seen this, when a reporter asked some gringuitos to point IOWA (us. state) in the map of the States, they couldnt do it, and there was even this guy who pointed South America as the States... so where is all this unnecesary hatred going?
Wait a minute... We don't own South America? With all the drugs we illegally smuggle and purchase from there we should get at least a part of it. We keep that economy rolling, and in the case of drugs, growing and blowing.

Raven
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2006, 11:26:36 AM »

The reason why so many Americans can't find places on the map is because we have had to dumb down the education system to fit in all the illegals.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2006, 11:34:23 AM »

beautiful excuse...  hihi
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2006, 11:47:08 AM »

This story at the always entertaining TheOnion.com is just too funny. http://www.theonion.com/content/node/47978
MEXICO CITY?As dozens of major American corporations continue to move their manufacturing operations to Mexico, waves of job-seeking Mexican immigrants to the United States have begun making the deadly journey back across the border in search of better-paying Mexican-based American jobs.
"I came to this country seeking the job I sought when I first left this country," said Anuncio Reyes, 22, an undocumented worker who recrossed the U.S. border into Mexico last month, three years after leaving Mexico for the United States to work as an agricultural day laborer. "I spent everything I had to get back here. Yes, it was dangerous, and I miss my home. But as much as I love America, I have to go where the best American jobs are."

A group of Mexican workers make the dangerous trek home across the Rio Grande for their lunch break.
Reyes now works as a spot-welder on the assembly line of a Maytag large-appliance plant and earns $22 a day, most of which he sends back to his family in the U.S., who in turn send a portion of that back to the original family they left in Mexico. Like many former Mexican-Americans forced by circumstance to become American-Mexicans, Reyes dreams of one day bringing his relatives to Mexico so that they, too, may secure American employment in Mexico.
Despite the considerable risk illegal immigrants face in returning across the border, many find the lure of large U.S. factory salaries hard to resist?at 15 percent of the pay of corresponding jobs in America, these positions pay three times what Mexican jobs do.

Still, the danger is very real. When 31-year-old illegal Arizona resident Ignacio Jimenez sought employment at an American plant in Mexico, he was shot at by Mexican border guards as he attempted to illegally enter the country of his citizenship, pursued by U.S. immigration officials who thought he might be entering the country illegally, and fired upon again by a second group of U.S. Border Patrol agents charged with keeping valuable table-busing and food-delivery personnel inside American borders.

"It was a nightmare," Jimenez said. "Many became disoriented and panicked, and some were mixed in with immigrants going the other way across the Rio Grande and ended up swimming to the wrong country."
He added: "My cousin almost drowned. They fished him out and sent him back to wash dishes at T.G.I. Friday's."
Many say the trip across the border as illegal Mexican-American emigrants offers them a chance to land the American jobs in Mexico they never have been able to get as illegal Mexican-American immigrants in the U.S.
"It has always been my goal to have a good American job," Johnson Controls technician Camilla Torres, 27, said. "Many Mexicans now see Mexico as the land of opportunity. Mexicans will not stop trying to get here, no matter how much the Mexicans wish we would not."

Indeed, the trend of illegal re-emigration is causing great resentment among the local Mexican population, and tension between Mexicans and illegally re-entered Mexicans?dubbed repatriados?continues to build.
"I hate these Mexicans, always coming back here to Mexico from America and taking American jobs from the Mexicans who stayed in Mexico," said 55-year-old former Goodyear factory manager Juan-Miguel Diaz, who lost his job to a better-trained repatriado last March. "Why don't they go back to where they went to?"
Still, Jimenez, Reyes, and hundreds of others say they have no choice.

"The American Dream is alive and well in Mexico," Reyes said. "If I work hard, save my money, and plan well, I will be able to send my children to a good school?and who knows? If they study hard, perhaps they will get jobs someday at the new plant General Motors is building in China."
manny
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2006, 12:12:26 PM »

Basicallly, I don't think it's an economic issue, or racial issue. Its an issue of class. Poor people are always seen as an eysore and when a family of 8 mexicans moves in next door you say "There goes the neighborhood." What you don't say is, "How the fuck are a group of illegals managing to live next door, when I can barley pay the rent?" The answer, they work more hours than you. As a Mexican (I'm technically american, but my parents are well they're american aswell, as are my grabdparents), ok I'm Mexican-American, I don't mind the illegals. I live in Texas so I see them everyday. I used to be a store director of a large reatail chain and can tell you that on the weekends, without the pusrchases of the illegals, we would never, ever be able to meet our our quotas. The corporation knew it as well. They don't bounce checks, they don't have debt everything is paid in cash. I'm currently in graduate school, and I have clasmates whose parents came here ilegally, was it not a fair trade off? These classmates will probably end up paying more taxes than a legal family of 5 in Mississipi, who don't wan to work.

I would like to ask everyone 1 question.

Would you rather pay an extra $2 per pay check in taxes (assuming illegals are using our government programs); or would you rather pay an extra $1 for fruits and veggies, and an extra $150 a month on your mortgage?

Because if we're serious about doing something about it fine, but be aware of wants going to happen.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 12:17:18 PM by manny » Logged
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2006, 12:19:24 PM »

I would like to ask everyone 1 question.

Would you rather pay an extra 2 per pay check in taxes (assuming illegals are using our government programs); or would you rather pay an extra 1 for fruits and veggies, and an extra $150 a month on your mortgage?

Because if we're serious about doing something about it fine, but be aware of wants going to happen.
I understand a lot of what you're saying. However, I don't see the correlation between illegal immigrants and my mortgage going up. If anything, illegal immigrants would make my mortgage go up by them being HERE. Housing costs have skyrocketed in the US over the past 2-3 years. While there are a lot of reasons for the inflation there's also a simple math equation to it...
More people (e.g. immigrants) buying houses than the market can properly sustain. Prices go up as demand goes up, so I highly doubt that my mortgage payment would go up if the illegal immigrants weren't here. If anything, it could be slightly lower.

Raven
manny
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2006, 12:27:22 PM »

The mortgages would go up, because houses would be more expensive to build. Contractors would have to pay a fair wage to people, which would be considerably more than what they pay illegals. People are buying homes because intrests rates have been so low. Combine a higher intrest rate, with the higher cost of building a home and you'll have a higher mortgage. The illegals don't effect my mortgage, most live in areas with high hispanic populations anyways. For the most part, if you have a fair job, your probably not competeing for the same types of homes that illegals are buying. I live in houston where major construction has been occuring for 5 years, especially in the building of new neigborhoods and subdivisions. Many are already saying that if somethings does occur the cost homes will rise the second a bill is passed.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2006, 12:39:54 PM »

The reason why so many Americans can't find places on the map is because we have had to dumb down the education system to fit in all the illegals.

Now that is bullshit and you know it.

TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2006, 12:40:41 PM »

Housing prices can't rise much more than they already have. In some parts of the country the "housing bubble" has already burst. Other areas haven't really seen too much of an increase in price, but for the most part housing costs will not be able to continue to rise. Construction companies are already making a ton of money, they'd still make a lot of money without illegal immigrants. It's not like EVERY illegal immigrant is in the construction business either, certain parts of the country certainly, but most have legally documented workers. Without the illegal workers housing costs may rise in certain locales, but the majority of the US wouldn't be affected.

Raven
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2006, 12:50:14 PM »

Now that is bullshit and you know it.

BS or not, same result > http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=29371.0 Smiley

SLCPUNK
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2006, 01:07:11 PM »

?Illegal Immigrant? is the new code word for ?nigger?. We essentially invited them here, gave them jobs, sold them cars, rented them homes and apartments; we welcomed their cheap labor. The real ILLEGALS are the racketeers who make billions these people breaking their backs. It most certainly is racism, the right has always needed a scapegoat. These people can not vote, fear the police, and are easy to crap on, unlike most other groups these days.

The politicians are all bought  by the business lobby and the business lobby all wants these people here. They don?t care if they are legal or not, what they care about is profit. They have have a huge interest in keeping the focus on the illegals and not themselves.  It is working quite well, since the silent (and not so silent) racism is strong in this country. If you really want to deal with this problem you are going to have to start handing out heavy jail time to the employers. These people came here because they were given work, not because they ?took it? after all. You either start throwing these employers in prison, real prison not a country club, or annex Mexico so these people can participate in our democracy instead of being our slaves. All the fences in the world won?t stop it, all the minutemen in the world won?t stop it, shitting on them more and turning them into felons won?t stop it. Did anybody every stop to think that if you turned them into felons your tax money would only be paying for them in jail? And they would not be working adding growth to the economy.

Nobody has answered my question either: When Corporations can cross borders & outsource jobs with immunity, then why can't  people be able to do the same?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2006, 01:10:46 PM »

“Illegal Immigrant” is the new code word for “nigger”. We essentially invited them here, gave them jobs, sold them cars, rented them homes and apartments; we welcomed their cheap labor. The real ILLEGALS are the racketeers who make billions these people breaking their backs. It most certainly is racism, the right has always needed a scapegoat. These people can not vote, fear the police, and are easy to crap on, unlike most other groups these days.

The politicians are all bought  by the business lobby and the business lobby all wants these people here. They don’t care if they are legal or not, what they care about is profit. They have have a huge interest in keeping the focus on the illegals and not themselves.  It is working quite well, since the silent (and not so silent) racism is strong in this country. If you really want to deal with this problem you are going to have to start handing out heavy jail time to the employers. These people came here because they were given work, not because they “took it” after all. You either start throwing these employers in prison, real prison not a country club, or annex Mexico so these people can participate in our democracy instead of being our slaves. All the fences in the world won’t stop it, all the minutemen in the world won’t stop it, shitting on them more and turning them into felons won’t stop it. Did anybody every stop to think that if you turned them into felons your tax money would only be paying for them in jail? And they would not be working adding growth to the economy.

Nobody has answered my question either: When Corporations can cross borders & outsource jobs with immunity, then why can't  people be able to do the same?

cause corporations bring money with them and power
poor people bring ... legs and arms.

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2006, 01:30:50 PM »

I'll turn your argument around, SLC. Corporations only hire the immigrants because they're there. Get rid of the immigrants, and the corporations won't hire them, and wages will remain higher for working class Americans. Fine corporations AND expel illegal immigrants.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: