Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2024, 03:34:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228088 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 170552 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2005, 03:58:34 PM »

At Last, Guns N Roses Confirm New Album

Geffen records have announced a release date of December 5th for the new Guns N Roses album, the bad news is - it?s not the long awaited Chinese Democracy but Volume 2 of their greatest hits.

Geffen records had immense success with Volume 1 last year despite protests from Alex Rose about its release. An announcement about the official track list is expected soon.

http://www.albumvote.co.uk/news/news.php?id=821

Alex Rose?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2005, 03:59:04 PM »

Im willing to put some cash down and say that this isnt going to be another greatest hits CD. The way i see it there are 4 possibilities:

1)Axl has to fulfill his record contract with Geffen, or some other legal technicality that means he has to release a new CD, this is the easiest way to fulfill that committment. I cant see this happening though as Geffen is owned by Universal and i dont think Axl would want to break with them!
2)The reason the court case was postponed till next year was because Axl, Slash and Duff all reached an out of court settlement, or are at least close to doing so. While they were doing this they all had a few beers and put together a GnR best of CD with the tracklisting of their choice. I find this highly unlikely
3)This is really Chinese Democracy listed as a Greatest Hits package. This was done when The illusion albums were released. This is the most likely in my mind
4)The entire thing is bullshit, everyone is lying and there is an international communist conspiricy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids and keep us from hearing Chinese Democracy. Also highly unlikely! ok

Jonx
SADIS
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2005, 04:03:56 PM »

Geffen records have announced a release date of December 5th for the new Guns N Roses album, the bad news is - it?s not the long awaited Chinese Democracy but Volume 2 of their greatest hits.

Geffen records had immense success with Volume 1 last year despite protests from Alex Rose about its release. An announcement about the official track list is expected soon.

See! Now there's no original member left. Even the singer is now some guy named Alex. I mean, for real, why even bother releasing an album when no original member is left. Slash and Duff should sue this Alex guy........

Seriously, I don't think this is a greatest hits cd.....
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2005, 04:09:47 PM »

Weird. Is the only thing i can say to this bizarre situation?  Undecided
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2005, 04:11:49 PM »

It has to be BS, its prob just a code word so the album wont leak.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2005, 04:13:32 PM »

Alex Rose?

/jarmo

Weird. just..... weird

Soon they'll have 4 greatest hits lol. There's a world record for you, same amount of albums as greatest hits compilations rofl

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2005, 04:15:24 PM »

who the fuck wants these greatest hits albums when gnr isn't even there to support the damn thing.. True or false I really don't even give a fuck
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2005, 04:16:10 PM »

I am really hoping its just a disguise until they get their pr work together for CD.

If in fact its another GH its truly pathetic. Whether Axl has control of this or not. A petition about this would be nice but there is a pathetic one already goin around.....

i just really hope its some sort of secret for Cd...otherwise wtf....+

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2005, 04:19:40 PM »

Alex Rose?

/jarmo

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Holy shit, maybe I'm tired, but this killed me for some reason.

Maybe GN'R can set a record for Greatest Hits/Albums of Original Material ratio.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2005, 04:24:00 PM »

IMO, it could be that Axl wants to fulfill the original Niven contract with GH part II and perhaps release CD under the Sanctuary brand next year.? As an earlier poster mentioned, GH II, then release of CD, then the GNR tour.? It all kinda makes sense.? This day in age, I can't see Axl covering up CD as the Greatest Hits 2.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2005, 04:24:43 PM »

IT wont be DUMB to release GH2s then CD early next year.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2005, 04:25:36 PM »

its? dumb....the fact that the record company feels liek they need to release another old album  probably indicates that Cd is nowhere in sight

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2005, 04:27:37 PM »

True. But why dont they just re-release theyr whole back cataloge!

Naaa! That was a bad Joke! If Axl wants this to be released, ill buy it! Not if its just one more recordcompany moneyeating thing!
Dont own Greatest Hits anno 04 yet, and i guess i wont buy it eather

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2005, 04:31:18 PM »

True. But why dont they just re-release theyr whole back cataloge!

Naaa! That was a bad Joke! If Axl wants this to be released, ill buy it! Not if its just one more recordcompany moneyeating thing!
Dont own Greatest Hits anno 04 yet, and i guess i wont buy it eather

Unless there will be something unreleased on Volume II, I'm not touching it. 

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »

One good thing about this RUMOR is that if it blows too big then they will have to make a statement.

It' pretty sad that it's the only time we hear offficial news, but maybe we will get some kind of word from Sanct or Axl about this shit

If Axl, Slash or Duff don't condone it I won't touch it anyway ok

Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2005, 04:32:27 PM »

Soon they'll have 4 greatest hits lol. There's a world record for you, same amount of albums as greatest hits compilations rofl

haha, classic. ?As for the people that think this is some kind of disguise; you obviously weren't here or can't remember back two years ago when at this exact same time in late October and November there was talk about it being a coverup. ?It wasn't then and won't be now. ?

Besides, do you think Axl would want it to be a coverup when every article that would be written first would be like the one Jarmo found - sort of negative in my point of view. ?Then word would get out that it would be another greatest hits and create more negativity and then even if it was CD there would be so much bad word of mouth floating around. ?

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2005, 04:35:42 PM »

im sure there is a positive thing behind this! Like i said before ill said once more! Remember the last sentence in Tommys last newupdate!

peace

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2005, 04:37:31 PM »

cmon, there is nothin positive behind this or Tommy statement ...lets be realistic

KZiggy
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2005, 04:39:06 PM »

Its all part of the master plan. With a slightly change, Greatest hits I, II & III

Not everything thats called Coca-Cola taste like Coca-Cola. Check out the real deal at www.beenafix.com
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2005, 04:44:37 PM »

Its all part of the master plan. With a slightly change, Greatest hits I, II & III

Have you ever tried to play Greatest hits upside down!  Yeah! Chinese Democracy started 2004!  hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: