Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:55:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  DUKE NUKEM FOREVER Is In FINAL Stages!!! Chinese Democracy Might Be Fucked!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: DUKE NUKEM FOREVER Is In FINAL Stages!!! Chinese Democracy Might Be Fucked!!!  (Read 5563 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« on: April 13, 2006, 01:20:56 PM »

Oh Fuck...we know we are in trouble now. For years we ave asked the age old question

What will come first, Chinese Democracy or Duke Nukem Forever?

Here's the latest:

The game has been worked on in various forms for almost 10 years, having been originally announced in April 1997, and the update describes the current state of the title, which was viewed at 3D Realms' Texas studios: "mainly just pieces of the game in progress and tech demos", including "an early level, a vehicle sequence, a few test rooms", among others.

Technology-wise, Duke Nukem Forever originally started development on the Quake II engine, before switching to Unreal, and, according to a Wikipedia entry, is now working with a heavily modified custom engine that includes some small elements from earlier iterations of Unreal Engine.

3DR's George Broussard also demonstrated world interactivity that includes Duke standing in front of a computer and emailing the player, if he provides his email address for the game. But, according to the piece, Broussard was bashful, overall, about showing off the game, commenting: "The problem is that when we show it, people are going to be like, 'Yeah, whatever'. Honestly, at this point we just want to finish it."

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=8878
-------------------

What will become of our Chinese Democracy? We now we have official word that Duke Nukem is on its way. If DNF does actually come before Chinese D, how will CD ever be able recover? This would be way more detrimental to GNR's future then what went down in 2002.

"The problem is that when we show it, people are going to be like, 'Yeah, whatever'. Honestly, at this point we just want to finish it."

Interesting quote isn't it?

... Duke Nukem Forever actually might be released before Chinese Democracy. That is fucking scary.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 01:22:46 PM »

Put them both out on the same day!!! rofl
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 01:25:34 PM »

Put them both out on the same day!!! rofl

Better yet, sell them as a box set hihi
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 01:41:08 PM »

What a stupid idea for a thread. You've wasted every single members' time here today.
AmyRose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 01:44:51 PM »

I agree....this has got to be the stupidest thread ever.
GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 01:52:25 PM »

What a stupid idea for a thread. You've wasted every single members' time here today.
You're the jackass that took the time to open it after reading the topic, and going as far as replying to it.

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 01:57:44 PM »

Oh shut the fuck up. Seriously. You are both being a little dramatic aren't you?

This wasted everyones time here? Isnt being on a GNR Forum wasting time you hypocritical dumbass. And its a stupid thread? We have had this ongoing joke on here for years you fucking noob. The both of you (Markus Asraelius and AmyRose  (Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dumbshit)) need to take a look in the mirror and lighten up. Redirect your troubles somewhere else. We don't serve your kind here.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 02:00:56 PM »

The stupidest thread ever? naahh!
There has been worst Tongue

No man can be my equal
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 02:08:25 PM »

You're the jackass that took the time to open it after reading the topic, and going as far as replying to it.

You're the one that constantly insults other people to try to prove your point. It doesn't work. You attack the idea, not the person.

I personally don't have time for rookies like you thinking you can push me around.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 02:10:29 PM »

Oh shut the fuck up. Seriously. You are both being a little dramatic aren't you?

This wasted everyones time here? Isnt being on a GNR Forum wasting time you hypocritical dumbass. And its a stupid thread? We have had this ongoing joke on here for years you fucking noob. The both of you (Markus Asraelius and AmyRose? (Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dumbshit)) need to take a look in the mirror and lighten up. Redirect your troubles somewhere else. We don't serve your kind here.

You act like I just joined these messageboards yeseterday.

We, the real people of HTGTH, don't have time for your kind. Making useless threads (just like a lot of others) on these messageboards. You've been here long enough to know what makes a good discussion and what doesn't. You should be ashamed of yourself.
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 02:12:22 PM »

actually i find it quite interesting beer

homo homini lupus...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 02:18:33 PM »

You're the one that constantly insults other people to try to prove your point. It doesn't work. You attack the idea, not the person.

I personally don't have time for rookies like you thinking you can push me around.

You are small potatoes son. You are a nowhere man living in a nowhere land. You are amateur hour. Calling someone else a rookie lol...

And dude I have been here a long time... so I made a followup to an ongoing debate that we have had over the years. You lack humor and take shit way to seriously. The "Real People" here remember how and when this all started...and you come fuckin it up with the type of Bravado that I am sure your Dad must be real proud of. You did a great job today. Really. You are so clown shoes you don't even know.

GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 03:13:50 PM »

I'm not a rookie, douche, I've been here longer than you, just under another name. All I wanted to say is let the thread happen, don't open the fucking thing, read it and complain about how it wasted your time,leave it the fuck alone and so will the "real people HTGTH", and I'm attacking the person because you are loser who is the one I have a problem with. Also, I don't think I can push you around,it's the INTERNET, just because it's your life, it doesn't mean it's real life.

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 03:22:32 PM »

MA having a bad day bud....... chill out here now on both sides..... go to your cornors and take a few breaths........ its childish to pick a fight on something as trivial as DNF and CD..... really, are you all looking for some board credit? because doing this stuff makes you loose the credit you already had...... from the real people of this family here.

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 03:24:24 PM »

Okay, I'm done. I love you all.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 04:38:25 PM »

People cared about that game 7 years ago - i refuse to believe anyone genuinely cares now

...and to be blunt, why did anyone care to begin with - a Duke Nukem game never promised to change the way we think about games....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 04:56:38 PM »

You are small potatoes son. You are a nowhere man living in a nowhere land. You are amateur hour. Calling someone else a rookie lol...

And dude I have been here a long time... so I made a followup to an ongoing debate that we have had over the years. You lack humor and take shit way to seriously. The "Real People" here remember how and when this all started...and you come fuckin it up with the type of Bravado that I am sure your Dad must be real proud of. You did a great job today. Really. You are so clown shoes you don't even know.

It was a unitelligent thread and you know it. I know you've been here a long time, I looked and saw that you have been here since late 2002. I have been coming here since late 2003 although I didn't start posting until June/July 2004.

And secondly, I wasn't calling you a rookie. It was guns n' wookies.

Finally, I do not lack humor. My humor is just different than yours.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 04:59:54 PM »

Shut up, shut up, shut up.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 05:02:50 PM »

I'm not a rookie, douche, I've been here longer than you, just under another name. All I wanted to say is let the thread happen, don't open the fucking thing, read it and complain about how it wasted your time,leave it the fuck alone and so will the "real people HTGTH", and I'm attacking the person because you are loser who is the one I have a problem with. Also, I don't think I can push you around,it's the INTERNET, just because it's your life, it doesn't mean it's real life.

You're absolutely right. It is just the internet and not real life, so why don't you go look in the mirror, take your own advice and quit dishing out insults.

As for your insults:

douche: This is a word my dad uses and he's pushing 50.
loser: And, how would you know who and what I am? This is the internet and not real life, remember?

Maybe you should try to make a post where you're not insulting people with one-worded statements such as idiot, douche or loser.

EDIT: I will shut up now, Jim.
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 05:16:19 PM »

its plain and simple.....grow up and dont be a turd

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: