Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:56:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gn'R to be at Ozzfest??
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gn'R to be at Ozzfest??  (Read 45139 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2006, 07:36:09 PM »

1st of all, being pessimistic is not a problem for me, you can be as pessimistic as you want. Jarmo for instant is the most pessimistic person I've seen in this forum.

I don't think you're right about that. Wink

/jarmo

Oh yes I am...  Grin

I'm just glad you don't show it that much...  hihi

they day i see Jarmo excited i'll be smashing and burning cars and make a huge piece which says Chinece Democrasy starts now!!! hihi

You do understand that if the rumours are true, you WILL pay lots of money soon...  Grin

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2006, 07:38:18 PM »

I think Axl should start out at a festival. ?Given his record for showing up, I'm sure people are hesitant to buy a ticket, but if there were happy with the other bands, then it wouldn't be a total waste.

I was at Philly too - Friday night sold out really fast so I guess they thought they could sell out another night too, but soon realized that was true and tried to sell tickets dirt cheap to everyone going Friday.

Why don't you just....
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2006, 07:42:59 PM »

1st of all, being pessimistic is not a problem for me, you can be as pessimistic as you want. Jarmo for instant is the most pessimistic person I've seen in this forum.

/jarmo

Oh yes I am...? Grin

I'm just glad you don't show it that much...? hihi

they day i see Jarmo excited i'll be smashing and burning cars and make a huge piece which says Chinece Democrasy starts now!!! hihi

You do understand that if the rumours are true, you WILL pay lots of money soon...? Grin

Ever heard about running away..  hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2006, 07:58:13 PM »

/jarmo

Oh yes I am...? Grin

I'm just glad you don't show it that much...? hihi

You do understand that if the rumours are true, you WILL pay lots of money soon...? Grin

Ever heard about running away..? hihi

hey, i'm ready to sell my apt and follow the red head recluse all around the fucking globe you dig?? Grin

and the come home when the tour is over just to see how the correctional facilities in norway are... hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2006, 08:00:10 PM »

all that while axl is shouting out for Jarmo while he is home guarding htgth.. rofl

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2006, 11:16:30 AM »

I find it amusing when people that are indifferent or pessimistic about GnR rumors that it's called "bashing them" and are blasted for it or banned from the board.

From past recent and distant history, all GnR rumors turn out to be false.

I know from experience and following the progress of this album for the last 6 years, and beleiving past rumors of it's imminent release, only to have them turn out false has really jaded me with regards to GnR.

And if memory serves me correct, I heard radio adds promoting the 2002 Philly show mention the imminent release of Chinese Democracy as a january 03 release. (Yes, i was at that the show that ended it all)

So as far as this rumor, along with download festival, as well an imminent relase of CD in 2006; I'll believe it when I see it.

What I want to know is why do all you people have such belief in them.? Gullible, gullible people.

yeah and since there was promotion, the philly show did sell out hihi? ?

and well.....it?s not that pepe da rosa is "indifferent or pessimistic about GnR rumors", but that he`s continually posting unqualified bullshit...

or do you think a well promoted tour with a record/single to promote it would sell worse than a tour with almost no promotion and not even a greatest hits.....? and a tour where mainly old songs were played by new guys....

Hey, did you fly over from germany as 12yr old to see that show? ok

sure? Kiss

actually my philly comment wasn?t meant to be that serious......? ? ? but actually the show sold out. i don`t have to fly to philly to know that..............?

it doesn?t matter if phiilly sold out or not at all..... but i thought it was a bad example to proove that even with promotion gnr sold bad.....? ?

no philly didn't sell out. the day of the show they were promoting half-off tickets for the second philly show if you bought tickets to the first show... or something like that... either way they were still trying to get people to buy tickets to the shows, and somewhat desperate i might add...

most of the shows filled up about 6000-8000 seats, which is ok until you consider they were playing in 20,000 seat arenas... although msg was sold out and it was pretty damn incredible...

i thought it was the second show that didn?t sell out?

and well? ? ? i know that the tour was suffering bad sales,? but bringing up philly as an example just striked me hihi

I mentioned the Philly show because I was there and  saw lots of empty seats; friends went to the MSG show and i read somewhere that was about the only show to sell-out; to say the show was sold-out, and not be there to see all the empty seats doesn't make sense
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2006, 11:22:18 AM »

I find it amusing when people that are indifferent or pessimistic about GnR rumors that it's called "bashing them" and are blasted for it or banned from the board.

From past recent and distant history, all GnR rumors turn out to be false.

I know from experience and following the progress of this album for the last 6 years, and beleiving past rumors of it's imminent release, only to have them turn out false has really jaded me with regards to GnR.

And if memory serves me correct, I heard radio adds promoting the 2002 Philly show mention the imminent release of Chinese Democracy as a january 03 release. (Yes, i was at that the show that ended it all)

So as far as this rumor, along with download festival, as well an imminent relase of CD in 2006; I'll believe it when I see it.

What I want to know is why do all you people have such belief in them.  Gullible, gullible people.

yeah and since there was promotion, the philly show did sell out hihi   

and well.....it?s not that pepe da rosa is "indifferent or pessimistic about GnR rumors", but that he`s continually posting unqualified bullshit...

or do you think a well promoted tour with a record/single to promote it would sell worse than a tour with almost no promotion and not even a greatest hits.....  and a tour where mainly old songs were played by new guys....

Hey, did you fly over from germany as 12yr old to see that show? ok

sure  Kiss

actually my philly comment wasn?t meant to be that serious......      but actually the show sold out. i don`t have to fly to philly to know that.............. 

it doesn?t matter if phiilly sold out or not at all..... but i thought it was a bad example to proove that even with promotion gnr sold bad.....   

no philly didn't sell out. the day of the show they were promoting half-off tickets for the second philly show if you bought tickets to the first show... or something like that... either way they were still trying to get people to buy tickets to the shows, and somewhat desperate i might add...

most of the shows filled up about 6000-8000 seats, which is ok until you consider they were playing in 20,000 seat arenas... although msg was sold out and it was pretty damn incredible...

i thought it was the second show that didn?t sell out?

and well      i know that the tour was suffering bad sales,  but bringing up philly as an example just striked me hihi

I mentioned the Philly show because I was there and  saw lots of empty seats; friends went to the MSG show and i read somewhere that was about the only show to sell-out; to say the show was sold-out, and not be there to see all the empty seats doesn't make sense

i didn`t say that the arena was filled, but hat it sold out.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2006, 11:22:34 AM »

London Ontario (Canada) was a sold out show too.? Not anywhere near MSG thou.

one of the exceptions
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2006, 11:27:59 AM »

they may have limited the number of tix sold to the show; or; people didn't bother going to their seats as there were rumors circulating while the opening acts were on that Axl was still in NYC and he wasn't showing up.

As for this show not being promoted, gotta say that's complete bullshit as 93.3 and 94.1 were advertising this show for three months prior.

I can't say about the other cities during that tour what type of promotion they got; but the philly show was heavily promoted
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2006, 11:29:10 AM »

But remember.. Guns N Roses is a much more relevant band today, then in 2002.. GNR are Retro. And i guess Axl sellling of the publishingrights, may have something to do with that! They play ALOT of GNR on VH1 over the last few months... They have made GNR intros to theyr programs and so on!

But i hope they will do some kind of promotion for the new album and tour..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2006, 12:57:02 PM »

^ if you say so, can't see how a band that's a running punchline is more relevant though

rumors, innuendo, and more rumors - new material in 14 years= relevance w/out reason ok
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2006, 03:55:25 PM »

"I think Axl should start out at a festival.  Given his record for showing up, I'm sure people are hesitant to buy a ticket, but if there were happy with the other bands, then it wouldn't be a total waste."

Agreed...Ozzfest is an annual trek for me, and the band list looks good with or without them ok

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2006, 03:58:15 PM »

they may have limited the number of tix sold to the show; or; people didn't bother going to their seats as there were rumors circulating while the opening acts were on that Axl was still in NYC and he wasn't showing up.

As for this show not being promoted, gotta say that's complete bullshit as 93.3 and 94.1 were advertising this show for three months prior.

I can't say about the other cities during that tour what type of promotion they got; but the philly show was heavily promoted

That's why it was sold out...

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2006, 04:51:36 PM »

^ if you say so, can't see how a band that's a running punchline is more relevant though

rumors, innuendo, and more rumors - new material in 14 years= relevance w/out reason ok
Yea that will become relevant when ppl fed up with instantly overproduced inferior goods. ok

Punch and Judy is everly popular.

And Seemingly the Vintage Axl look is coming in fashion this spring. 
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2006, 06:43:32 PM »

I think Axl should start out at a festival. 

I think Axl should start out with an album!

Here today...ready to rock
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2006, 08:51:14 PM »

No To Ozzfest
Written by Administrator   
Friday, 10 February 2006

Guns N'Roses' US tour promoter has said that GN'R are not doing Ozzfest.

Source: Sp1at.com

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2006, 09:22:02 PM »

No To Ozzfest
Written by Administrator? ?
Friday, 10 February 2006

Guns N'Roses' US tour promoter has said that GN'R are not doing Ozzfest.

Source: Sp1at.com
We're running out of festivals to speculate about. hihi Since GNR has a tour promoter, I guess there'll be some kind of a tour. hihi

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2006, 09:45:40 PM »

Seriously, does anyone think a promoter would risk booking a GNR tour in the US after the 2002 fiasco? Or would any other band want to tour with them with GNR's history?

For a tour to be successful GNR needs a current big band like Linkin Park or Korn to headline with them. I don't see it happening. And any festivals would be crazy to book them.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 09:49:42 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2006, 02:48:47 PM »

well they?re not really a running punchline....    the public basically doesn`t even know about the new band and is wondering if axl`s even alive...

Seriously, does anyone think a promoter would risk booking a GNR tour in the US after the 2002 fiasco? Or would any other band want to tour with them with GNR's history?

For a tour to be successful GNR needs a current big band like Linkin Park or Korn to headline with them. I don't see it happening. And any festivals would be crazy to book them.

do you consider korn or linkin park a current big band?  well, i don`t think so.....

if gnr release an album, there won`t be a problem with promoters i guess,,,, that`s the main difference to 2002 or a tour that would?ve happened in 2004. 

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2006, 04:28:26 PM »

personally I think they should do 1000 people clubs before they start off headlining festivals but thats just my opinion
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: