Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:40:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gn'R to be at Ozzfest??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gn'R to be at Ozzfest??  (Read 45131 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2006, 09:25:40 AM »

After the way Sharon treated Iron Maiden last year (mercks "other" boys) I'd be surprised if he would want Axl on her stage. Who knows though?

I think when we do get news it will be a shitload , single , album release date and tour news all in one huge lump.

I do think the same way, I mean Axl is eagear than Bruce and Sharon couldn't handle him, so I guess she has to think way better if she want GNR on stage.

No man can be my equal
Warren
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2006, 09:49:40 AM »

When GnR goes on tour it'll be to promote C.D. with them headlining solo and a couple no name bands to open. Just like in 2002, but we;ll see more promotion than we did in 2002.

You are right : there will be more promotion than in 2002.

But the result at the end will be the same.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 10:07:28 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2006, 09:58:20 AM »

When GnR goes on tour it'll be to promote C.D. with them headlining solo and a couple no name bands to open. Just like in 2002, but we;ll see more promotion than we did in 2002.

You are right : there will more promotion than in 2002.

The result won't be the same cause this year they'll be touring to promote an album.

Warren
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2006, 10:09:53 AM »

The result won't be the same cause this year they'll be touring to promote an album.
You are right. They will promote an album.

Then the result will be even worse than in 2002.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2006, 10:24:47 AM »

please stop your negative shit.......    you`ll see the result... ok    (hopefully...)

and well...  i call this shit, because there`s nothing that`d indicate worse sales than in '02, if gnr are promoting an album......  you may not like the new gnr, but bashing them doesn`t help anyone

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2006, 10:58:03 AM »

I'd be tired of my own shit if I were you...  Roll Eyes

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2006, 11:06:53 AM »

Well I suppose I could see the New GN'R doing Ozzfest as Richard said himself that they need to start from scratch.
Warren
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2006, 11:16:54 AM »

I'd be tired of my own shit if I were you...? Roll Eyes
You think you know everything just because you're a mod on this forum and have talked with Stinson ?

You think that more people than in 2002 will pay to listen to omg, silkworms, rhiad, irs, chin dem just because there's an album out and video on MTV ? GN'R fans are supposed to be idiots ?

If you think that, you are fooling yourself. Mind your own shit, I'll mind about mine.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2006, 11:22:42 AM »

I see no problem with Guns doing Ozzfest to get back in the swing of things. It may help gain them some support from youngsters who may not have been around when Guns were huge in the 90's. And if all goes well, hopefully it will be a springboard for their own headlining tour. peace

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2006, 11:26:52 AM »

A few yrs ago SHaron was on VH1 on a countdown show and had nothing but good things to say about Axl...she said something like she hopes he comes back strong and he was the last great frontman

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
WARose
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2006, 11:42:51 AM »

I'd be tired of my own shit if I were you...  Roll Eyes
You think you know everything just because you're a mod on this forum and have talked with Stinson ?

You think that more people than in 2002 will pay to listen to omg, silkworms, rhiad, irs, chin dem just because there's an album out and video on MTV ? GN'R fans are supposed to be idiots ?

If you think that, you are fooling yourself. Mind your own shit, I'll mind about mine.

yes he thinks so...and me too.  outside of the united states noone even knows that this new bands existing and inside only few i suppose.......   there was nearly no promotion for the north america tour and there also was no album/single/video  to support it. and they mainly played old songs, without the old band. that is something that isn`t working at all. and the relationship of the public/media to gnr changed.  but i suppose you know that.......but i don?t know what your reason is to post this unqualified comments.......

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2006, 11:44:28 AM »

You think that more people than in 2002 will pay to listen to omg, silkworms, rhiad, irs, chin dem just because there's an album out and video on MTV ?

of course they'll be more people if there's an album out and video on MTV - it's pretty fucking obvious! you think GN'R will attract less fans if they have a new album and load of TV coverage do you?!?!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2006, 12:44:21 PM »

You probably have some serious problem in your head or with your eyes. Have you seen me talking about Stinson all the time in here? Or do you see me using my mod status to fuck with every poster in here? Have you seen me showing off any connection I might have?

The answer is simple, NOPE. So, I guess that after all you might indeed have some problem, at least with your eyes...

I think that lots of people will pay to listen to The Blues, Madagascar, November Rain, Sweet Child O' Mine and lots of other old and new songs. And with the right promotion they will be lots more.

I've been a Guns N' Roses fan since 1988. I grew up with this band. Their music has saved my life.

But I'm not blind or stupid enough to think that Axl will destroy everything he's been doing the past 6 years just for money. Cause a re-union for Axl means only money. Nothing more. At least at the moment.

I'm sure you want him to make a re-union, and most of GN'R fans do, but that's clearly not what he's after.

Your problem (and lots of other people's too) is that you can't understand that. I can't do anything about that. That's some malfunction in your "software"...

But since I'm a mod here I'll use my right to inform you that it's really boring to see the same people talking about a failure in every possible thread they can. This is a thread about GN'R at Ozzfest.

If you wanna discuss that, you're free to do it, if not MIND YOUR OWN SHIT and stop "informing" us about a possible failure.

WARose
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2006, 12:56:17 PM »

But I'm not blind or stupid enough to think that Axl will destroy everything he's been doing the past 6 years just for money. Cause a re-union for Axl means only money. Nothing more. At least at the moment.

I'm sure you want him to make a re-union, and most of GN'R fans do, but that's clearly not what he's after.

yeah axl won`t destroy it....  and money issues aren?t pressing him either, if they were he could release CD though.....

i agree with you. that`s not what axl?s after. no better way to describe what?s going on ok

jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2006, 01:48:50 PM »

I find it amusing when people that are indifferent or pessimistic about GnR rumors that it's called "bashing them" and are blasted for it or banned from the board.

From past recent and distant history, all GnR rumors turn out to be false.

I know from experience and following the progress of this album for the last 6 years, and beleiving past rumors of it's imminent release, only to have them turn out false has really jaded me with regards to GnR.

And if memory serves me correct, I heard radio adds promoting the 2002 Philly show mention the imminent release of Chinese Democracy as a january 03 release. (Yes, i was at that the show that ended it all)

So as far as this rumor, along with download festival, as well an imminent relase of CD in 2006; I'll believe it when I see it.

What I want to know is why do all you people have such belief in them.  Gullible, gullible people.
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2006, 01:51:51 PM »

all these rumours are just that,rumours.until we get confirmation off one of the official sites then it will be time to believe.i WISH GNR would tour this summer but i aint gonna believe it till i got tickets in my hand. peace

Just cause you have tickets in your hand don't mean shit.

They were selling tix for an additional Philly show the night of the 1st show back in 2002.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2006, 01:55:39 PM »

I find it amusing when people that are indifferent or pessimistic about GnR rumors that it's called "bashing them" and are blasted for it or banned from the board.

I know from experience and following the progress of this album for the last 6 years, and beleiving past rumors of it's imminent release, only to have them turn out false has really jaded me with regards to GnR.

And if memory serves me correct, I heard radio adds promoting the 2002 Philly show mention the imminent release of Chinese Democracy as a january 03 release. (Yes, i was at that the show that ended it all)

So as far as this rumor, along with download festival, as well an imminent relase of CD in 2006; I'll believe it when I see it.

What I want to know is why do all you people have such belief in them.  Gullible, gullible people.

yeah and since there was promotion, the philly show did sell out hihi   

and well.....it?s not that pepe da rosa is "indifferent or pessimistic about GnR rumors", but that he`s continually posting unqualified bullshit...

or do you think a well promoted tour with a record/single to promote it would sell worse than a tour with almost no promotion and not even a greatest hits.....  and a tour where mainly old songs were played by new guys....

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2006, 02:06:02 PM »

I can't see GnR touring in a festival like that. either old band or new. Not gonna happen. When GnR goes on tour it'll be to promote C.D. with them headlining solo and a couple no name bands to open. Just like in 2002, but we;ll see more promotion than we did in 2002.
That is why the 2002 tour failed, all rock bands that tour nowadays now they need a good co head lining band to tour with or they wont fill the arenas

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2006, 02:24:06 PM »

What I want to know is why do all you people have such belief in them.? Gullible, gullible people.

yeah and since there was promotion, the philly show did sell out hihi? ?

and well.....it?s not that pepe da rosa is "indifferent or pessimistic about GnR rumors", but that he`s continually posting unqualified bullshit...

or do you think a well promoted tour with a record/single to promote it would sell worse than a tour with almost no promotion and not even a greatest hits.....? and a tour where mainly old songs were played by new guys....

2 out of 20 shows sold out that happen to be in the highest populated areas in the US

and there were alot of empty seats and flying seats at the Philly show
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2006, 02:25:26 PM »

What I want to know is why do all you people have such belief in them.? Gullible, gullible people.

yeah and since there was promotion, the philly show did sell out hihi? ?

or do you think a well promoted tour with a record/single to promote it would sell worse than a tour with almost no promotion and not even a greatest hits.....? and a tour where mainly old songs were played by new guys....

Hey, did you fly over from germany as 12yr old to see that show? ok
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: