Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:50:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gn'R to be at Ozzfest??
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gn'R to be at Ozzfest??  (Read 45203 times)
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2006, 02:34:55 PM »

How bout this, there heavy metal punk glam

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2006, 02:40:55 PM »

Pure Hard Rock...

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Elrothiel
« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2006, 03:19:39 PM »

with metal thrown in!
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2006, 03:38:43 PM »

Could you cite a few examples of their punkness? 

It's So Easy is one of the best punk songs ever penned by a Hard Rock band.

You Could Be Mine is one of the best metal songs ever penned by a Hard Rock band.

Guns N' Roses is basically hard rock with some punk, metal, and classic rock influence in the mix.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2006, 03:41:48 PM »

But surely Slash wasn't, since he tried out for Whitesnake, and I don't see Izzy being a punk type, and the album was recorded during the UYI sessions with Izzy, but they re-recorded for Gilby's sake and replaced his parts with Izzy's. ?If I remember correctly, they said that they wanted to record some of their favorite songs, and not all of them were punk.

Duff was in many, many punk bands before joining GNR.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
awolgnr
Headliner

Don't you think that you need somebody?

« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2006, 04:59:41 PM »

How did this thread degenerate into a series of posts about what style of music GNR plays, and what style of music the Ozzfest bands play?? JUST LOOK AT THE DATES!

GNR plays all of June and one date in July (the 4th).? GNR has no further tour dates after July 4th.? Ozzy will only headline ten dates at this years Ozzfest, with a "major addition to the main stage" announced on May 23rd.? Ozzfest kicks off on July 1, another show on July 2 (GNR has no dates these days).? Ozzfest has no date July 4th when GNR plays their last international date.? Ozzfest starts again on the 8th of July.? GNR is back in the states.

Unless we see additional international shows added to GNR's tour, I think there is a very good and rational chance that GNR will play Ozzfest.? Both sides benefit.? GNR gets the security that Ozzfest provides (in a literal "are you listening to me Mr. Security Man?" sense that Axl wants so badly), and they get to reach a broad range of old school and younger listeners.? Ozzfest gets a big name rock legend that can replace Ozzy on dates that he's not there.

I've been where I have been and I've seen what I have seen...
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2006, 05:05:29 PM »

For the last time.. The band that isnt named will be Avenged Sevenfold. They were contacted already. GnR won't play ozzfest. I'd bet my life one it.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2006, 05:08:46 PM »

For the last time.. The band that isnt named will be Avenged Sevenfold. They were contacted already. GnR won't play ozzfest. I'd bet my life one it.

I've heard that now also... of course it might just be the same rumor spreading in a different direction. And I dunno if Avenged Sevenfold are big enough for Ozzfest... frankly, I've never heard a single song by them, and they're OPENING for GNR in Europe. But it's very possible based on the rumors I guess.
Elrothiel
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2006, 05:12:11 PM »

I've heard that now also... of course it might just be the same rumor spreading in a different direction. And I dunno if Avenged Sevenfold are big enough for Ozzfest... frankly, I've never heard a single song by them, and they're OPENING for GNR in Europe. But it's very possible based on the rumors I guess.

Pfft!! Avenged Sevenfold: Special Guests?? HA!! I don't think so!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #189 on: March 11, 2006, 05:16:46 PM »

Avenged Sevenfold is pretttty big here in the States, I wouldn't be surprised
Elrothiel
« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2006, 05:19:09 PM »

Not big enough to be "Special Guests" at Ozzfest.

The fact that it says "Special Guests" instead of the name of the band just SCREAMS Guns N' Roses!!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #191 on: March 11, 2006, 05:26:10 PM »

Well, we shall see....I remember Ozzy complimenting Axl, then going on to call him crazy, so a lot of things need to happen for GN'R to do Ozzfest, though I highly doubt it.  They're not gonna fly back and forth across the Atlantic to play Ozzfest.
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #192 on: March 11, 2006, 06:07:29 PM »

There are two bands that still need to be announced One to headline (Maybee Avenged Sevenfold) and on to take the dates that Ozzy isnt playin(Metallica,Guns N Roses,AC/DC) Kinda Like Iron Maiden and Velvet Revolver last year. I Think

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2006, 06:15:17 PM »

If Sharron didnt think Avenged wasn't big enough then she would not have contacted them so early and really wanted them to play. It won't be GnR.  And Ozzy doesn't need to have someone fill in dates he wont be performing cause those will be special dates..

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #194 on: March 11, 2006, 07:20:28 PM »

we should make a thread about what genre GnR is hihi

I got an interview with Axl and Slash where they talk about where they feel they belong in musical genres. from like 89 or something. want me to uplaod it monday?

I think they say metal, punk, glam, blues, rock and one or 2 more but they have aspects from everywhere. I'm not one for punk but they fall into that category on a few songs, not the crap punk of today but old stuff, clash, pistols, and much more obscure bands

duff is totally punk and he brought a big part of his influence to the band.

whoever said that PC is more metal than Better......you need help  hihi

it looks like the bands playing on that list were in an order of performing. like i said before Avenged sevenfold is prolly right, GnR is not gonna go on before disturbed and like 4 bands before closing the show. no fucking way. have you seen how much stqge bands have to work with that early in these festival shows? once again...yeah right Tongue it says special guest only as a courtesy.

Elrothiel
« Reply #195 on: March 11, 2006, 09:08:17 PM »

I still don't think its A7X. Even if it isn't GN'R, it is NOT Avenged Sevenfold.

And the crap punk of today isn't punk at all. Its emo. They think they're being punk by dressing in black n pink and getting lip piercings to the side and dying their fringed hair black. Oh how original. How PUNK! Roll Eyes Stupid fake fuckers. They have no REAL emotion at all! Most emokids are middle to upper middle class, their parents drive BMWs, they live in huge houses, and they like to think that they live in shit. Cunts. They should try living in a third world country, or in an abusive family, or on the streets of the shittiest town you can think of!! THEN after they go back they should try thinking they live in shit!! Ungrateful fucktards they are!! rant *rounds up emokids in a big field and drops a huge napalm bomb on them*
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #196 on: March 11, 2006, 09:10:31 PM »

I agree with everything you said....but its probably gonna be AX7 hihi
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #197 on: March 11, 2006, 09:13:33 PM »

edit- bad info. nevermind
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 09:15:11 PM by Hoosier » Logged

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
Elrothiel
« Reply #198 on: March 11, 2006, 09:26:50 PM »

Cheers Garry, but I still don't think so.

And Hoosier... what? Use the goddamn QUOTE link!!
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #199 on: March 11, 2006, 09:36:18 PM »

Avenged isnt punk or Emo. Its actually a retro throw back to the 80's metal scene. Dont judge the band on the singers voice.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: