Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 07:06:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Radio Stations Playing IRS - TWAT - Better (was WAAf in Boston is playing IRS)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radio Stations Playing IRS - TWAT - Better (was WAAf in Boston is playing IRS)  (Read 82874 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #640 on: February 22, 2006, 03:28:41 AM »

Take a chill pill. smoking
Keep taking chill pills, and we wont even be allowed to post our own threads. The mods will do it for us.

SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #641 on: February 22, 2006, 03:57:52 AM »

they are playing I.R.S  right now on klos 95.5  in L.A  it sounds very good     sounds very clear  like cd quality      this song is good.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #642 on: February 22, 2006, 04:00:16 AM »

Isn't it weird that Merck actually called WAAF to ask them to stop playing TWAT but he doesn't do anything about all the other dozens of US radio stations airing IRS and/ or TWAT? What's going on? Is he gonna call KROQ too?

Btw, I did notice last night while I was recording TWAT on WAAF that it sounded better than the MP3s we have, even though it was an internet broadcast, and the DJ said it lasted 5:48 (both MP3 leaks last more than 6 minutes). How weird is that? I didn't keep it because I thought I could re-record it properly. Guess I was wrong. Sad
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 04:01:53 AM by Will » Logged

SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #643 on: February 22, 2006, 04:01:03 AM »

I've come to the conclusion ? that ?radio stations were given the o.k ?to play I.R.S ?but not ?TWAT. ?How can the 2 biggest rock radio stations in L.A ?play I.R.S without gnr management ?finding out. ? ? conspiracy ?theory ?lol
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #644 on: February 22, 2006, 04:02:30 AM »

Right, but there have been reports of other radios playing TWAT as well, and nothing is done about that...?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #645 on: February 22, 2006, 04:31:38 AM »

Right, but there have been reports of other radios playing TWAT as well, and nothing is done about that...?
But how could Merck(or anyone else) keep track of every station that plays the demos? Isnt it almost an impossible task? Sounds like it would be more trouble than its worth.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #646 on: February 22, 2006, 05:06:56 AM »

But how could Merck(or anyone else) keep track of every station that plays the demos? Isnt it almost an impossible task? Sounds like it would be more trouble than its worth.

Exactly, last time it was a leak coming from a cd, not an mp3 leak that everybody has.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #647 on: February 22, 2006, 07:52:54 AM »

I just called a small, local rock station here in southern Delaware (93.5 The Beach) actually they transmit out of Salisbury, MD.  I asked them if they've played the leaked demo tracks...answer, yes, he said they played a snippet.  I asked him what he personally thought, and he said he liked one of them, but didn't have the name.  He said he'd be pulling hard for Axl, but it's not easy, "The guy just seems to shoot himself in the foot every time..."  His words, unfortunately true.  He asked me who's in the band so I told him, and then he asked if Bucket's still there or back.  I told him as of now, he left, but the live gigs in May and June is a mystery which just adds more intrigue to the return of Axl and Guns.  I finished with a request for IRS, and they said they'd do it later, at least part of it.

I should have asked him for the rules on playing leaked demo tracks, but hindsight's always 20-20.  yes

An announcement would clear the way for a nice buzz!   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #648 on: February 22, 2006, 08:25:59 AM »

GNR should have a single ready for immediate release to the radio when the CD release date is announced. Because after the announcement, a shitload of radio stations will start playing these demos with GNR all over the news.

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #649 on: February 22, 2006, 09:23:14 AM »

Isn't it weird that Merck actually called WAAF to ask them to stop playing TWAT but he doesn't do anything about all the other dozens of US radio stations airing IRS and/ or TWAT? What's going on? Is he gonna call KROQ too?

Btw, I did notice last night while I was recording TWAT on WAAF that it sounded better than the MP3s we have, even though it was an internet broadcast, and the DJ said it lasted 5:48 (both MP3 leaks last more than 6 minutes). How weird is that? I didn't keep it because I thought I could re-record it properly. Guess I was wrong. Sad
//

Well it wouldnt be the first time you've been wrong, wouldnt be the last you should have known. hihi

Is there any verification Merck called WAAF?

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Z
« Reply #650 on: February 22, 2006, 09:45:11 AM »

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=216233&GT1=7756

The IRS I heard here in Philly played on WMMR is different than the one I have from the internet.

This "leak" has done wonders to put the GN'R name back out there.

I believe Better to be one of the "pop" tunes Axl & co. spoke of during the 2002 tour.

Because of the quality of IRS I thought that was the single but I now believe "Better" will make for a lunching type single to make GN'R a favorite amongst the younger fans who seem to be supporting the industry these days.

With the songs we know of.......Blues, Mads, CD, IRS, Better & TWAT......the cd will be a huge seller.
GunnerRose
Headliner

You can make my money Tonight!

« Reply #651 on: February 22, 2006, 10:23:05 AM »

Even 99x in Atlanta which typically laughes at GNR...
Played a clip of a demo and said, it will be the biggest selling album in the past 15 years.....if it ever comes out.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #652 on: February 22, 2006, 10:40:05 AM »

Radio station prolly have filters to run the songs thru? that's my guess, cuz when IRS was played at my local station it was clearer than the copy I listen too. But they got the file online so it must be the same one we got.

There is "dead air" at the beginnings and ends of the TWAT mp3's so maybe they clipped that off the tracks? Again just a guess

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #653 on: February 22, 2006, 11:29:23 AM »

They could've stopped it almost immediately, had they really wanted to.
I don't think so.
GunsN'Roses can't alone immediately stop the radio playing songs "cause we own these songs". Tongue

They can ask the radio to stop, in legal terms they "claim" this is their property at this stage.
The radio station can ask for legal papers that shows GunsN'Roses can decide how that track is used.
That part may take a while...coffee

And maybe they didn't have that specific type of legal papers set as this is a demo...-
- and had to request and await for legal documents that gives them the authority to stop radio channels playing those demo's.

Demo's is rarely copyrighted that way and often end up as bootlegs which is legal to download and share.
I am pretty sure they had to provide legal papers and thats why it took so long. peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
shasta
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #654 on: February 22, 2006, 11:56:09 AM »

Are alot of radio stations palying 'Better'....... or just IRS and TWAT?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #655 on: February 22, 2006, 12:29:39 PM »

Are alot of radio stations palying 'Better'....... or just IRS and TWAT?

No one is play better because it snot complete

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #656 on: February 22, 2006, 01:23:51 PM »

Same old news, but a few very small new pieces of info here

A swarm of controversy has followed the leaking of several tracks from Guns N' Roses' long-awaited new record "Chinese Democracy", rumored to be set for a March 28th release date.

Many critics of internet music piracy have decryed the leaks, and the band's management has been quoted as saying that the leaks were unfinished, demo tracks, not factual renditions that will appear on the new album.

Tensions have risen to the boiling point with several prominent radio sattions across the US, as channels began airing the leaks almost immediately after they were widely distributed last week.

Minneapolis radio station 93X was slapped with a cease and desist order following repeated airings of the track "IRS" during its "cagematch" program. Reports have it that the song generated more call ins than any in the station's history.

A Boston station, WAAF has been playing another leaked track "There Was A Time" a.k.a. "T.W.A.T." and replied to the Guns N' Roses legal team's request by saying "We'll keep on playing this until the cops shut us down."

Recent confirmations of GN'R appearances at Nova Rock, Download, Rock In Rio, Godz Of Metal and more have further served to fan the flames of medisa hype surrounding the return of the iconic rockers.

Watch for a concrete release date for the new record to arrive in the very near future.

from - http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/172/3293/Guns%20N'%20Roses.html
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 01:57:15 PM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #657 on: February 22, 2006, 01:32:05 PM »

Didn't Merck say they were demos and The ablum is not finished? Well thats SUCKS. My excitment has been killed.. And I knew shit like this was going to happen. Tour wit No CD.. Round 2. Undecided

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #658 on: February 22, 2006, 01:37:04 PM »

Didn't Merck say they were demos and The ablum is not finished? Well thats SUCKS. My excitment has been killed.. And I knew shit like this was going to happen. Tour wit No CD.. Round 2. Undecided

That is what he told the station, doesnt mean its not really done.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #659 on: February 22, 2006, 01:40:28 PM »

Hopefully you're right bro... Cause I want a KO in round two and not another towel thrown in.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: