Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:11:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  fuse countdown F list (dudes with tudes)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: fuse countdown F list (dudes with tudes)  (Read 3891 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: March 17, 2006, 08:14:33 AM »

gnr came in number 2 in the dudes with attitudes countdown-they played PC

Number one was nirvana, they had such attitude hihi

Nice to see gnr did so well. It's voted on by the public on the fuse website
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 08:19:19 AM »

Now mind you, if it was dudes with feuds, GNR'd be #1!

GNRevolution... the missing link.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 08:19:32 AM »

I dont watch TV that much anymore, but whenever I used to watch Fuse they never played GNR. It was like 90% newer bands and a little bit of old mixed in. Good to know they are starting to have GNR on there. I guess they probably had them on there before, I just didnt see it.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 08:26:46 AM »

I dont watch TV that much anymore, but whenever I used to watch Fuse they never played GNR. It was like 90% newer bands and a little bit of old mixed in. Good to know they are starting to have GNR on there. I guess they probably had them on there before, I just didnt see it.

it's not that they are having gnr on there, they have this thing called the F list... it's always the top ten bands in a category.. Gnr also made it with something else, oh it was anthems... Everyone knows paradise city...  it was like number 6 I think, songs like big pimpin, or rock n roll all night and party every day were other examples..

The one girl was like you play PC at a bar and everyone gets up.. So true, have done it so many times... Everyone at least knows a few versus
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 08:33:42 AM »

gnr came in number 2 in the dudes with attitudes countdown-they played PC

Number one was nirvana, they had such attitude hihi

Nice to see gnr did so well. It's voted on by the public on the fuse website

Well, I would say Nirvana had attitude... when Axl kissed Kurt's ass at the MTV music awards Kurt moked him to his face in front of the whole room asking him to be Francis' godfather. He was also impossible to interview, unlike MTV friendly Axl. I love GnR but Nirvana IMHO really are a better more consistant band.

AFD came out when I was 15 and got me thru some tough times but after UYI I really felt like GnR was High School and Nirvana was College. It really felt like Nirvana was higher education, Nirvana never had a "Shotgun Blues", "My World" or "Get In The Ring". Kurt never swam with dolphhins.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 08:36:42 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 08:36:08 AM »

I love GnR but Nirvana IMHO really are a better more consistant band.
That has to be a fucking joke.

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 08:37:50 AM »

No, it isn't. Where does AFD fall on greatest album lists v.s. Nevermind and In Utero.

I love GnR but Nirvana they aren't.

greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 08:40:37 AM »

in utero vs AFD?

thats funny rofl

homo homini lupus...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 08:41:42 AM »

No, it isn't. Where does AFD fall on greatest album lists v.s. Nevermind and In Utero.

afd always blows in utero away, no band in history can compete with nevermind, and it's not because it's teh best.. Take kurt cobain's death away and it wouldn't be as high... SLTS is listed as the number one rock song in many countdowns, that alone shows the polls are fucking wrong..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 08:42:59 AM »

You must be at the wrong forum.

AFD ranks higher on every albums list I have ever seen.

While Nevermind is usually ranked, In Utero is ranked somewhere between Spaghettit Incident and Hanson's first album.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 08:44:36 AM »

next time I should just listen to myself and not post that nirvana was higher on a countdown in a gnr forum

I loved nirvana, I remember picking up nevermind in my sophmore or junior year... The first time I heard Slts I was like what a rocking song, but what the fuck is the guy saying and who is the band
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2006, 08:47:59 AM »

While Nevermind is usually ranked, In Utero is ranked somewhere between Spaghettit Incident and Hanson's first album.

rofl rofl

Good one. ?Yeah I can't see In Utero ranking higher than the Illusions, for sure. ?And it's definitely not AFD competitive. ?Nevermind vs. AFD is a tough call for a lot of people. ?I'd pick AFD. ?Of course, they're up there together with AC/DC - Back in Black, Metallica - Metallica, Led Zeppelin - [untitled], The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Pearl Jam - Ten, and Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall. ?They're all exceptional albums. ?Forgive me if I've left out any.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 08:48:37 AM »

next time I should just listen to myself and not post that nirvana was higher on a countdown in a gnr forum
Actually, you were right, but Nirvana usually topped GNR in some categories like Top videos, singles,etc.

I have never seen Nevermind ranked higher than AFD on any albums lists, although there is probably a few lists out there where Nevermind is ranked higher.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 08:52:05 AM »

Actually, you were right, but Nirvana usually topped GNR in some categories like Top videos, singles,etc.

I have never seen Nevermind ranked higher than AFD on any albums lists, although there is probably a few lists out there where Nevermind is ranked higher.

i've seen it both ways on many occassions over the years, I have seen slts ranked higher then november rain.. It's just a poll
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006, 08:54:01 AM »

Don't get me wrong.... Kurt was a dick and I know that I would never want to hang out with him. I am pretty sure I would have more fun with Axl in a strip club than Kurt at his dealer's house.

Also, when he called out Axl he was just being a bully... like the ones he supposedly resented his whole life. He was a hypocrite.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 08:55:41 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006, 08:56:39 AM »

I loved nirvana, I remember picking up nevermind in my sophmore or junior year... The first time I heard Slts I was like what a rocking song, but what the fuck is the guy saying and who is the band

No, don't do that. I wasn't trying to stir the pot. I just don't think that Nirvana's place on the pole was laughable... it seemed pretty resonable to me.

greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 08:57:33 AM »

I am pretty sure I would have more fun with Axl in a strip club than Kurt at his dealer's house.

especially if CD was playin in the background ok

homo homini lupus...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 09:08:38 AM »

i've seen it both ways on many occassions over the years, I have seen slts ranked higher then november rain.. It's just a poll
I remember when MTV did that. NR was ranked 2. Teen Spirit was ranked 1. Funny how they didnt rank the most requested video of all time(at that time) Sweet Child o Mine as number 1.

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 10:57:09 AM »

in utero vs AFD?

thats funny rofl

Very!

Oh yeah, of course they had great attitude... Suicidal attitudes rock! Oh....... EUREKA! I just figured out why all grunges are turning into emos  Cheesy Yay for me!
trojan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2006, 02:55:27 PM »

gnr was number one for most missed band on the fuse thing, and number one for best guitarist (slash), and number one for 80s bands
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: