Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:39:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Oh My God"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Oh My God"  (Read 62825 times)
Barockhamster
Opening Act

Barockhamster at helgon

« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2006, 08:04:09 PM »

Am I the only one who loves Silkworms, Oh My god AND My World?  Huh
I love these songs, The lyrics is  love except silkworms, but hey that song got attitude  ok

Comerades !
Beloved brothers and sisters in rock !
We are gathered here today to celebrate a true revolution !
A revolution of a state in which we believe
GUNS N' ROSES
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2006, 08:39:50 PM »

I like silkworms bro.  Something about it that gets me.  I like all the keyboards.  It's like GNR meets Pink Floyd.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2006, 08:48:59 PM »

Like em both and they always make me think of "My World" too.   ok

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2006, 11:38:58 PM »

I like Oh My God, that song rocks.  The electronic effects are sweet.  I also liked the music for Silkworms but as a whole I don't like the song.  The lyrics and that strange voice with the British accent Axl delivers them in isn't that great.  I think the music for the song, with some snarling vocals from Axl could be really cool, although it's not a musical direction that I'd like to see GnR take a few songs like that would be interesting on future albums
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #164 on: July 19, 2006, 02:41:50 PM »

Am I the only one who loves Silkworms, Oh My god AND My World?? Huh
I love these songs, The lyrics is? love except silkworms, but hey that song got attitude? ok

No fan loves ALL these songs. They go against what GN'R IS and thats why they get a cold reception.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Evolution
« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2006, 02:43:55 PM »

Am I the only one who loves Silkworms, Oh My god AND My World?  Huh
I love these songs, The lyrics is  love except silkworms, but hey that song got attitude  ok

You aren't alone. It's small minded to think that they completely go against what GNR is. Axl always said he makes music he likes, not what the fans would like. The fact they experimented to me says GNR.
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2006, 12:07:45 PM »

OMG its a great song.I remember when I saw movie " end of days".with my friend.we see because there,s a Guns N Roses soundtrack in that movie.Althought the movie is bad.
and the next day we're waiting for the soundtrack to comes out.we're so happy.to listening to new guns song after along year.
yeah most of my friend says its a bad song.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #167 on: March 12, 2007, 09:05:55 PM »

Dust the cobwebs off this song....   
I have not listened to this song in over 4yrs... happened to find the soundtrack while shuffling some things around and as I recall I was not a fan of this song initially.... maybe it is because of all of the crap played in recent years on the radio,  but this song has grown quite a bit on me...

although not one of my favorites, it is now on my mp3 and in the top 5 of most played in the past few weeks.... 
I know it won't be on the cd...  but all props go out, never know when something is gonna catch on..

oh my god what a song.. sorry had to do that!!!   Smiley
to all the haters out there... "fuck off!"   hihi
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #168 on: March 12, 2007, 09:50:44 PM »

Dust the cobwebs off this song....? ?
I have not listened to this song in over 4yrs... happened to find the soundtrack while shuffling some things around and as I recall I was not a fan of this song initially.... maybe it is because of all of the crap played in recent years on the radio,? but this song has grown quite a bit on me...

although not one of my favorites, it is now on my mp3 and in the top 5 of most played in the past few weeks....?
I know it won't be on the cd...? but all props go out, never know when something is gonna catch on..

oh my god what a song.. sorry had to do that!!!? ?Smiley
to all the haters out there... "fuck off!"? ?hihi

off topic - the fact that this has been bumped, along with a few other threads, says a lot bout this place and the whole gnr situation at the moment.

on topic - this was a great song in 99 and its great now. if there is a new version officially release, altho that seems unlikely, i hope they keep all the industrial whitles n bells.

im no afficionado of the industrial scene, but a lot o the industrial stuff ive heard puts experimentalism (eh?) before melody and hhoks and good pacing. Axl doesnt. as ive said before, this is, in laymen's terms, classic gnr with slightly diferent production values.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #169 on: March 12, 2007, 10:22:37 PM »

Oh My God fucking rules...always has!!!
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #170 on: March 12, 2007, 10:52:17 PM »

I like Oh My God, that song rocks.? The electronic effects are sweet.? I also liked the music for Silkworms but as a whole I don't like the song.? The lyrics and that strange voice with the British accent Axl delivers them in isn't that great.? I think the music for the song, with some snarling vocals from Axl could be really cool, although it's not a musical direction that I'd like to see GnR take a few songs like that would be interesting on future albums

I feel kinda similar. The music's cool.  The lyrics are controversial.  For me the only weak part is the main melody, which is odd because usually Axl's melodies are so great.   The chorus especially, which is just the same note, sung in the same syncopation as the other instruments -- "All I have I ask of you and I'll be damned if it's not true."

I think if the melody and singing were better, more people would be into Silkworms.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
tbizzle
Banned
Rocker

"I've got a message for youuuuuuuuuuu"

« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2007, 11:00:23 PM »

To tell you the truth at first, I really didn't like OMG.  I just didn't get it but over time, it grew on me bit by bit. Now I love it.  Its not my favorite "new" song, but it still rocks.

la la  la la
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: March 13, 2007, 05:41:50 AM »

Oh My God!- great song! I love the way they did it on ''You tube'' at Rock In Rio 2 check it out just awsome sounding!
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2007, 06:20:14 AM »

Oh My God!- great song! I love the way they did it on ''You tube'' at Rock In Rio 2 check it out just awsome sounding!

live the refrain works better, it's rocking more; by the way: the chorus of "omg" and "better" have quite some similarities (in musical, atmospherical and emotional terms), don't you think? still i don't like the drums during the verses (not sure about the drums in chorus), the bass is also too present in the end of days version, that has some cool parts though: the electronic intro and the solo parts are really splendid. but all in all it's an overambitious work (the way it's produced) and not too much of a memorable song. the sound is?not transparent; quite a mess. couldn't terry date help it? sean beaven, why didn't you tell axl?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 07:38:28 AM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #174 on: March 13, 2007, 09:37:48 AM »

I like this song too. I bet it is gone from their setlist and "Chinese Democracy" though.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: March 13, 2007, 11:15:50 AM »

Am I the only one who loves Silkworms, Oh My god AND My World?? Huh
I love these songs, The lyrics is? love except silkworms, but hey that song got attitude? ok

yes, you are the only one.  These songs suck.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2007, 12:57:13 PM »

Once you get the complexity of the lyrics, all the twists/turns that occur during the song make more sense... it's one of guns n roses hiddem gems....however it was slaughtered to death live, at that time Axl just couldn't handle the vocals....
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2007, 12:59:37 PM »

I think the song is great. You need to give it time to grow on you though. Great hooks, great riffs, great song  ok
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2007, 12:59:52 PM »

I think OMG really rocks depite. I've always liked this this song. Its one of those songs axl should stay way from live though. Like Mr. Intensity said, he cant handle the vocals.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2007, 02:04:57 PM »

It's definitely the coolest song to come out in a super-long time. It's GNR's most under-appreciated song, ever, IMO.

Sorry, but my vote for that topic would definatley have to go to Breakdown.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: