Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:30:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Rhiad is Not On Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rhiad is Not On Chinese Democracy  (Read 13151 times)
JB9988
VIP

« on: February 25, 2006, 06:20:55 PM »

Dizzy
Archived Posts from this Category

Sat 8 Oct 2005
Dizzy Speaks About Various Issues
Posted by admin under Chinese Democracy , Chris , Dizzy
No Comments
Dizzy spoke to a potential booker, the content of which has been posted to various GN?R fan forums. Dizzy said;

- He does not know about the rumor that GnR will have a new song on the soundtrack for the movie ?Da Vinci Code? - its a possibility for its Spring 2006 release but its something that Axl?s dealing with

- Buckethead?s guitar parts will remain on Chinese Democracy.

- Chris Pittman, 2nd keyboardist, is still in GnR.

- The epic track ?Catcher in the Rye? will be on Chinese Democracy and is written by Axl based upon the book of the same name and will have a different sound from UYI epics.

- Silkworms & Rhiad & Bedouins will NOT be on Chinese Democracy. They were simply test tracks that the band tried out during the 2001-2002 tour.

i dont care about worms but fuck man  rhiad is a kick ass song they better put it out on someting..

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »

Old news. But yeah, Rhiad rocks, I really wish we could listen to the studio version.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 06:25:16 PM »

We knew that, old news. But thanks. However, things may have changed because Richard returned to the studio and re-recorded new parts in december so...who knows...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 06:25:23 PM »

where did u get this from? sounds interesting, glad that these 2 songs didnt make it

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 06:25:55 PM »

AWESOME about Bucketheads stuff!
Im also glad those 2 tracks will not be on the album, I wanna hear a studio recorded version of Rhiad, but not on this album.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 06:26:27 PM »

axl could have changed his mind a thousand times after october, november, december, januari, februari........ about all the subjects you mentioned.......minus.....silkworms ?Wink

edit: look at my evil post count....could it be CD's release date?  Tongue

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 06:27:27 PM »

What??
Silkworms was cool   confused
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 06:35:47 PM »

Silkworms was cool

Yes it is, if not hot.  ok so is Rhiad & Bedouins. Maybe on the third / fourth album?
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 06:37:16 PM »

Silkworms was cool

Yes it is, if not hot.? ok so is Rhiad & Bedouins. Maybe on the third / fourth album?

Extra/b-side/bonus material only. They arn't good enough to be on the album(s) really IMHO!

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 06:50:32 PM »

Silkworms was cool

Yes it is, if not hot.? ok so is Rhiad & Bedouins. Maybe on the third / fourth album?

dammit so i may have to wait 30 or 40 years to hear rhiad studio. Wonder if axl could still tour that old.....
 i didnt realize it was that old either other wise i wouldnt have posted it but hope some stuff was new to ya.
and here is where i got it from sry i knew i forgot something--->http://www.gnrwire.com/?cat=9

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 06:51:16 PM »

Good find. I remember Dizzy saying that.

I hope if Bucket stays on CD, there is someone who can play his parts. I don't see Finck being that guy.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 06:53:30 PM »

Ya but fink is a damn good guitarist but bucket has a very different style then most others but anything or anyone surprising could join and pull it off (dont mean slash either).

BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 06:53:46 PM »

axl could have changed his mind a thousand times after october, november, december, januari, februari........ about all the subjects you mentioned.......minus.....silkworms ?Wink

edit: look at my evil post count....could it be CD's release date?? Tongue

6/6/06 is a Tuesday... hmmm.. that may be the day that the dark lord puts out CD. ?Lets cross our fingers.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 06:57:13 PM »

Yeah I did.. And no matter where he said it. It really doesn't matter. The fact is they wont be on the album. Idiot.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 07:12:28 PM »

Silkworms was cool

Yes it is, if not hot.  ok so is Rhiad & Bedouins. Maybe on the third / fourth album?

dammit so i may have to wait 30 or 40 years to hear rhiad studio. Wonder if axl could still tour that old.....
 i didnt realize it was that old either other wise i wouldnt have posted it but hope some stuff was new to ya.
and here is where i got it from sry i knew i forgot something--->http://www.gnrwire.com/?cat=9

Haven't you read the recent interview with Dizzy by M88 yet? In there he saiys he thinks silkworms will make an album sometime.  Huh
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 07:14:55 PM »

About Buckets parts , I say keep em on the album and let Finck play em live. It's not like finck ever played slash's solo's correctly live either.  ok

hihi

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 07:16:28 PM »

About Buckets parts , I say keep em on the album and let Finck play em live. It's not like finck ever played slash's solo's correctly live either.  ok

hihi

hihi
badapple81
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 07:18:50 PM »

Hope we get Rhiad on a b-side or bonus track, would love to hear a studio version!

I've never seen this info before so I'm really please that BH may still be on the album.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 07:19:23 PM »

hihi

That could be a disaster of epic proportions Smiley  I say let Richard Fortus rewrite the solos and make them his own.  Richard has some blues in him, so they could end up sounding more like old school GN'R solos.

Ali
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 07:21:46 PM »

hihi

That could be a disaster of epic proportions Smiley  I say let Richard Fortus rewrite the solos and make them his own.  Richard has some blues in him, so they could end up sounding more like old school GN'R solos.

Ali

If Richard wants to do his own take live, fine.  But leave Buckethead's solos on the album, his TWAT outro and IRS solo are awesome.  I like the solo he has Better, I don't know if it fits, but it certainly catches your attention and keys the sudden mood change, maybe that was the point  smoking
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: