Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 08:56:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Friendly advice RE: Rumors that are going to be EVERYWHERE for now
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Friendly advice RE: Rumors that are going to be EVERYWHERE for now  (Read 4143 times)
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« on: February 20, 2006, 08:12:59 PM »

Hey all,

Since it appears more and more likely that we will get some sort of official comment from the GNR camp  (My guesss is in the next week or so, but who knows), I want to just give you some friendly advice.  There are going to be TONS of rumors starting up over the next few minutes / hours / days as the attention whores realize that there's not much time left to blow their wads, so to speak. 

I would keep an eye on the following locations for anything semi-official.

http://heretodaygonetohell.com - the homepage of this site, of course.
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=guns+roses&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d - Google news search for "guns" "roses" - sorted by date.  Google news usually indexes a story within 2-5 minutes of its being posted.

In essence, I just want you guys / girls to be careful with how much stock you put into something you read.  It *APPEARS* that our wait is nearly over.  Lets just be patient and ride this wave out, shall we?

Peace out, Rock on, and all that.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 08:23:47 PM »

good call, dark ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 08:25:18 PM »

im pretty sure the itunes thing will happen.
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 09:11:57 PM »

im pretty sure the itunes thing will happen.
I'd like to hope so.  But this is what I'm talking about when I say be weary of rumors, especially now.  Until something shows up at a seriously official type location, take *EVERYTHING* with a grain of salt.

-darknemus

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 09:16:24 PM »

Hey all,

Since it appears more and more likely that we will get some sort of official comment from the GNR camp? (My guesss is in the next week or so, but who knows), I want to just give you some friendly advice.? There are going to be TONS of rumors starting up over the next few minutes / hours / days as the attention whores realize that there's not much time left to blow their wads, so to speak.?

I would keep an eye on the following locations for anything semi-official.

http://heretodaygonetohell.com - the homepage of this site, of course.
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=guns+roses&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d - Google news search for "guns" "roses" - sorted by date.? Google news usually indexes a story within 2-5 minutes of its being posted.

In essence, I just want you guys / girls to be careful with how much stock you put into something you read.? It *APPEARS* that our wait is nearly over.? Lets just be patient and ride this wave out, shall we?

Peace out, Rock on, and all that.

-darknemus

As I have always believed, you should never get cocky or too comfortable. Cause bam it will be gone like that. I once got cocky making fun of my friend for going to this Rock store. I was like yeaaaaaaaah Metallica and giving the devils horns and acting like I was rocking out, and doing some kicks in the air, while making some girls in a mall phone booth laugh apparently, then i was like yeah Van Halen and jumped in the air in the splits and well ripped my blue jeans.

The lesson is take it with a grain of salt and don't get cocky or you'll rip your blue jeans.

Fuck All Y'all
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 09:25:16 PM »

Good advice, however, Google News indexes only selected sites... and they are none too open about their selection process. This leads to problems, such as a) certain areas lacking coverage, b) certain areas/niches getting too much coverage, and c) general confusion.

For example, Google News indexes satires alongside legit news. They do add the word SATIRE to the story, but in plain text and it's easy to miss. This has lead legit news services into reporting stories which were posted on comedy-themed "news" sites.

Also, not sure how many mainstream news sources will feature GNR news at this point.
Right now, one of the top stories is from Blabbermouth, and starts out:

"According to a posting on Sp1at.com, the organizers of the Rock In Rio (Lisbon) festival have confirmed that GUNS N' ROSES will be headlining the event on May."

So after everyone crying about sp1at...

Just a thought, I like Google News, but it's easy to see all those sources (often copies or paraphrases of the same wire story) and think you have the full picture.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 09:25:37 PM »

Chinese Democracy starts March 24th.

Just trust me  Wink im offical...

heh. jk

gnrevolution.com
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 09:26:16 PM »

True about Google news, but if a Press Release hits the wires, it will show up there.

-darknemus

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 09:30:46 PM »

True about Google news, but if a Press Release hits the wires, it will show up there.

-darknemus

Arent press releases often on Mondays or Fridays? or am i worng?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 09:32:45 PM »

what the deal with that itunes thing? i didn't get that

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 09:41:42 PM »

On the mark darknemus.  I think everyone should also take a deep breath, as we may have a few weeks here with no news, which crazy as it sounds, might be a little bit of a come down period from all the recent news.  I do think GNR will release a single in March, and most likely the album will coincide with a second single and maybe the Da Vinci release (May/June) and some one-off US dates before heading to Europe.
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 09:54:59 PM »

what the deal with that itunes thing? i didn't get that

that's what i want to know... i haven't read anything about any itunes releases this week or last.  Huh

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 09:56:17 PM »

I work  for Bloomberg. If anything comes up on the newswire, I can post it here.
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 10:03:04 PM »

On the mark darknemus.? I think everyone should also take a deep breath, as we may have a few weeks here with no news, which crazy as it sounds, might be a little bit of a come down period from all the recent news.? I do think GNR will release a single in March, and most likely the album will coincide with a second single and maybe the Da Vinci release (May/June) and some one-off US dates before heading to Europe.

Turns out Sp1at got something right? We hinted to our members that today would bring good news and it did. We then confirmed Rock in Rio hours before Rock in Rio did. Pretty good for a site that is "full of shit".

Anyway... everything re: GnR should be cleared up "soon". I suggest everyone sits back and enjoys the rest of the week, cos it's gonna get better, I'll tell you that!

And make sure you are free in June (particularly the latter part of the month)... That'll be a fun time too.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 10:04:53 PM »

Hahah? you mean there are still gullible fans after all this time...hahhaha peace

haha....that's exactly what i was thinking. ?ok

if anyone still needs to be reminded of this, they need to pay a visit to the psychiatrist fairy.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 10:05:55 PM »

I suggest everyone sits back and enjoys the rest of the week, cos it's gonna get better, I'll tell you that!

i love you,seriously

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 10:07:18 PM »

Well why shouldnt everyone check gnronline.com. You know the offical website for Guns!  They will have updates on everything.. Oh nevermind who am I kidding! In 2048 the website will still have the 2002 tour logo and no news found at the top of the page.

Good call Dark there is going to be tons of different rumors flying around in the coming weeks and months.

I would encouage everyone to set your start page to www.heretodaygonetohell.com. Whenever news hits Jarmo will be on top of things!

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 10:31:25 PM »

Turns out Sp1at got something right? We hinted to our members that today would bring good news and it did. We then confirmed Rock in Rio hours before Rock in Rio did. Pretty good for a site that is "full of shit".

Anyway... everything re: GnR should be cleared up "soon". I suggest everyone sits back and enjoys the rest of the week, cos it's gonna get better, I'll tell you that!

And make sure you are free in June (particularly the latter part of the month)... That'll be a fun time too.
Gimme a fucking break. All you ever do is brag about Sp1at. Wow! You were right about something after being wrong a million times. Congratulations! When you say the album's coming or a tour's coming on a regular basis, of course you're finally going to be right.

noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 10:47:16 PM »

Wow htgth getting some pub in the quoting of axl saying that CD will be in stores at the end of March

http://www.antimusic.com/news/06/feb/2001.shtml
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2006, 10:49:09 PM »

gnronline.com is about as useful as a water balloon in a gun fight. ?That site sickens me everytime I look at it. ?Axl should wisen up and let heretodaygonetohell.com become the OFFICIAL GNR site.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: