Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:46:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How many copies of Chinese Democracy will you buy / did you pre-order?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many copies of Chinese Democracy will you buy / did you pre-order?  (Read 68663 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #200 on: October 18, 2008, 03:52:00 PM »

Hmm....I haven't received any communication from Best Buy on this yet.

I just checked my email again to be sure, I also went to look at my order on their website and everything is still in tact. I wonder if they just have alot to get through and I must be further down the list or something.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 03:56:19 PM by russtcb » Logged

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2008, 03:56:05 PM »

I was interested when he said he was calling from "Research and Development"  I'm wondering if they are calling a few people who placed orders to best determine how to compensate everyone else. 

Just a theory, of course Smiley

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2008, 03:59:10 PM »

I was interested when he said he was calling from "Research and Development"  I'm wondering if they are calling a few people who placed orders to best determine how to compensate everyone else. 

Oh good call.

Well, if I'm being honest I wouldn't mind a $20 GC. I could always use another Blu-Ray I guess.

Also, just to clarify, were they saying that only the vinyl cover for C was cancelled or both CD and vinyl?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2008, 04:01:59 PM »

Oh good call.

Well, if I'm being honest I wouldn't mind a $20 GC. I could always use another Blu-Ray I guess.

Also, just to clarify, were they saying that only the vinyl cover for C was cancelled or both CD and vinyl?

He didn't specify, and I didn't ask any questions.  I was basically floored that Best Buy was calling me about my CD preorder hihi

Also, from his wording, he didn't have much information at all regarding what the actual situation was.  I felt that asking questions would get alot of "I don't know" answers, so I didn't even bother. 

I believe that if you ordered anything that is no longer on the site, you may be contacted by Best Buy at some point.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2008, 04:05:37 PM »

Oh good call.

He didn't specify, and I didn't ask any questions.  I was basically floored that Best Buy was calling me about my CD preorder hihi

Also, from his wording, he didn't have much information at all regarding what the actual situation was.  I felt that asking questions would get alot of "I don't know" answers, so I didn't even bother. 

I believe that if you ordered anything that is no longer on the site, you may be contacted by Best Buy at some point.
Oh ok. Well I checked and I did get a call from a 602 area code number as well. I'll just cross the bridge when I come to it I guess.

I tried calling the 602 number back and got an error message so I'll just wait for their next attempt.

Hey, could you go in and check on your order at their site and see if it's still showing Cover C on CD?

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2008, 04:10:22 PM »

Hey, could you go in and check on your order at their site and see if it's still showing Cover C on CD?

I actually only ordered Cover C on Vinyl, so I'm no help there lol

I also got another email from Best Buy stating that the one line item on my order for Cover C had been cancelled. This is part of the email I got, without the order info and other info :

There's been a change to the status of your order.

The product you ordered is no longer available and the order has been canceled. If you'd like to make another selection, visit a Best Buy store or BestBuy.com.

The credit card (or Gift Card) used for this order has been credited. If you used a Gift Card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we'll send you a replacement.

If you used a Reward Certificate for this order, points will be reissued to your Reward Zone Program account with in 3-5 days.

Item details are listed below.

If you have any questions about this cancellation, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

The ENTIRE order was not cancelled, I made sure of that, only the one line item.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 04:12:17 PM by LittleFly » Logged

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2008, 04:19:27 PM »

I also got another email from Best Buy stating that the one line item on my order for Cover C had been cancelled. This is part of the email I got, without the order info and other info :

There's been a change to the status of your order.

The product you ordered is no longer available and the order has been canceled. If you'd like to make another selection, visit a Best Buy store or BestBuy.com.

The credit card (or Gift Card) used for this order has been credited. If you used a Gift Card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we'll send you a replacement.

If you used a Reward Certificate for this order, points will be reissued to your Reward Zone Program account with in 3-5 days.

Item details are listed below.

If you have any questions about this cancellation, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

The ENTIRE order was not cancelled, I made sure of that, only the one line item.

I just tried calling the number above. The customer service rep said that she didn't have access to anything but she knew a guy from corporate was handling the situation and they he'd be calling me back tomorrow about it.

Thanks for the heads up on it though.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #207 on: October 18, 2008, 05:13:56 PM »

I'll buy 1

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2008, 06:40:42 PM »

I will buy at least 3 copies just for me...and im thinking about buying other copies as birthday/christmas gifts...GNR can count me in!  Grin

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2008, 06:57:48 PM »

Well, if I'm being honest I wouldn't mind a $20 GC.

Even though it's not specified in the e-mail, it has to be for BOTH versions of Cover C (vinyl and cd) because my digital coupon was for $35!!!! .....

.... that I already redeemed for Tommy's latest re-mastered 'Mats cds.  Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2008, 07:10:52 PM »

Well, if I'm being honest I wouldn't mind a $20 GC.

Even though it's not specified in the e-mail, it has to be for BOTH versions of Cover C (vinyl and cd) because my digital coupon was for $35!!!! .....

.... that I already redeemed for Tommy's latest re-mastered 'Mats cds.  Grin

Cool! Maybe I'll get the $35 too since I ordered both CD and vinyl of it cover C

JustalittlePatience
Opening Act

« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2008, 09:33:48 PM »

I plan on buying 3 copies...one of each of the CD versions.  I cant wait!!!!
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2008, 10:04:07 PM »

I plan on buying 2 of each version available.

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2008, 10:22:21 PM »

I'm not pre-ordering any...I never pre-order anything...I am charging in that store the second it opens and buying everything right then and there...old school..... ok

Every time I pre-order, I end up getting it one to two days later than everyone else. I will go and get myself a copy and ensure I have it immediately.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
awk
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #214 on: October 22, 2008, 09:32:13 PM »

just ordered my 2 copies, one for the house one for the car
shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #215 on: October 22, 2008, 09:38:01 PM »

i dont like pre ordering, only if its on something i can wait on. i was thinking of getting two copies back when there was gonna be two covers but now idk. i still might
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #216 on: October 22, 2008, 09:40:48 PM »

I'll get it the day it comes out at best buy

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: October 22, 2008, 09:42:24 PM »

I will buy one copy and make any additional ones I need for my car as a backup (which is legal) If they offer a special box set or one with other demos I will go for that version.  If both CD's are exactly the same just different art work I will just buy the one I like the most. 
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #218 on: October 22, 2008, 11:27:37 PM »

Well I just pre-ordered the album. I just bought one copy. I'll make backups for sure! I am soooo looking forward to it!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 11:34:44 PM by draguns » Logged
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #219 on: October 22, 2008, 11:32:26 PM »

just pre-ordered the vinly. will purchase the cd when i pick up my vinly copy
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: