Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:50:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Lightening has struck twice; it?s now or never
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lightening has struck twice; it?s now or never  (Read 3226 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: February 18, 2006, 03:17:11 AM »

Lightening has struck twice; it?s now or never

The first time IRS leaked on the Eddie Trunk show a few years ago there was a lot of buzz surrounding it and gnr missed a huge opportunity to make a splash and release the album at that time.  That passed and a lot of people said gnr would never get that back well they have and this time it?s even bigger.  This time more than one station is playing the song and the buzz is getting crazier and crazier.  The time is now.  New gnr is getting heavy radio play for DEMOS; just think if these were the final versions?  People are interesting in Axl again and GEFFEN has to use this to their advantage and not let this die out. If the rumors of gnr headlining the download festival and having a single on the DVC movie soundtrack.  Everything is perfectly in place.   A single in March, the album in April and the 2nd single for the DVC movie in May/June, then a tour. It?s all there for the taking. They just need to act now.  I really hope someone from management is seeing the excitement on the boards and listening to the buzz on the radio.  Chinese Democracy starts NOW!!

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 03:19:04 AM »

i believe in an announcement next week.....

edit/ at least soon i think....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
McDuff
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 03:20:27 AM »

I hope they will announce something soon,but if not I have these songs to hold me over until something happens peace
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 03:21:28 AM »

I agree 100%! ?Look how much people are loving Demo's. ?Take advantage of this free publicity. ? Don't wait. ?This could turn into something huge by the summer. ?Everyone has always interested in Axl and the GN'R name. ?It doesn't hurt that he has a kick ass new band that people recognize. ?Let's GO GN'R camp!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 03:22:53 AM »

im lookin forward to new things coming.

the one an only horsey !
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 03:24:21 AM »

Dave, I totally agree! beer Axl can NOT let this amazing opportunity pass him by. To do so would be a travesty, and would make the 2002 'failure' pale in comparison. Its CD or bust. He needs to drop this fucker on mankind and watch what takes place. I think we are at a crossroads. We will know 'soon' whether we are going to get this album or not.

WARose
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 03:24:27 AM »

by the way....  the lightening has struck more than two times ok

this time the interest ing nr is at it?s biggest though....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 03:24:43 AM »

Axl's stance has always been "it's done when it's done." It would be a disappointment if Axl buckles under the pressure and rushes to complete or releases an unfinished album due to us over-eager fans.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 03:26:49 AM »

by the way....? the lightening has struck more than two times ok

this time the interest ing nr is at it?s biggest though....

But that was just on the gnr boards. This is different, this has hit a lot of major radio stations and its getting heavy rotation.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 03:27:28 AM »

I think he means the tours and the MTV VMA performance.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 03:29:05 AM »

He needs to release the absolute best song he has recorded in the past 10 years because if the first single doesn't pass the "was the wait worth it" litmus test, it is not going to matter much what the second, third singles will be because the album will fizzle quickly.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 03:36:31 AM »

TWAT is a pretty strong track. I hope in the years since this demo was made, they have tightened it up.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 03:41:15 AM »

TWAT is a pretty strong track. I hope in the years since this demo was made, they have tightened it up

I agree, but at 6:43 you know radio stations would mutilate the solo's to knock it down to 4:30.

They need to find something shorter and radio friendly to ensure that it gets as much airplay is possible. We want the song to be in heavy rotation, so they almost need to craft a song around those realities. It is disgusting what the coporations have done to radio, but it is what it is.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 03:44:48 AM »

TWAT is a pretty strong track. I hope in the years since this demo was made, they have tightened it up

I agree, but at 6:43 you know radio stations would mutilate the solo's to knock it down to 4:30.

They need to find something shorter and radio friendly to ensure that it gets as much airplay is possible. We want the song to be in heavy rotation, so they almost need to craft a song around those realities. It is disgusting what the coporations have done to radio, but it is what it is.

the`ll find something decent, believe me....

IRS is shorter than 4 minutes by the way....

I think he means the tours and the MTV VMA performance.

exactely, but it doesn`t matter at all. axl will use this opportunity

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 03:50:55 AM »

I know, I wasn't considering it as a possibility given that it is not a strong enough song to release as a 1st single given Guns situation.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 03:52:54 AM »

I know, I wasn't considering it as a possibility given that it is not a strong enough song to release as a 1st single given Guns situation.

yeah but it shows axl ability to record short songs......

by the way i think a good quality improved studio version was good enough.....

Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 03:55:00 AM »

That's not true, Sweet Child O' Mine lived with parts taken out of it - so did November Rain.

If the song is good enough the full version will be played at times, just like the above mentioned songs.

And IRS is 4:02 long.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 03:56:20 AM »

Better has radioo hit all over it

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 03:57:07 AM »

by the way i think a good quality improved studio version was good enough.....

It's a good song, but do you really think that people are going to hear it and go "man, this was really worth waiting all that time for"? I doubt it. IRS as the first single would leave people thinking "this is the best he could come up with" rather than a feeling of being blown away. Message board people are going to love anything he releases, the goal is to pull in former GNR fans who have become disenchanted. That is why it is essential to put out the biggest gun they have off the bat.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2006, 03:58:38 AM »

Better has radioo hit all over it
Better is GNR's vertigo. My mom even likes it, and if 50 year old women dig this song, its gonna be HUGE!

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: