Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:27:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Download Festival 2006
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download Festival 2006  (Read 41130 times)
anythinggoes
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2006, 12:35:50 PM »

J, there is a shuttle bus that runs from the site to Derby, and also as you pointed out, you will be able to get a coach from the airport which is like 5 minutes away.

So it does run in the middle of the night after GN'R finished? Who knows what time that'll be....? hihi

/jarmo

depending on the traffic ill be leaving more than happy to give you a lift but i fear it will be quicker to walk there for you
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2006, 06:32:39 PM »

DOWNLOAD ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF THE VILLAGE

24 HOUR ENTERTAINMENT AND ACTIVITY

For the first time ever, Download is to become a wholly 24-hour experience with the creation of THE VILLAGE! Download organisers are pleased to announce around the clock activities running on-site throughout the weekend in addition to the amazing acts performing across the three stages and SNICKERS Bowl, which include the headliners Tool, Metallica and Guns N? Roses.

Carrying on from when the Main Stage finishes every night will be an exciting and unique hub of 24-hour entertainment and activity, which includes the Gibson/MySpace.com Stage. Managed by the Area 51 crew once again, THE VILLAGE will contain an unlimited amount of strange sights, other-worldly weirdness and after-hour activities. Heading this area up is the SNICKERS Get On With It Zone, which is to run LaserQuest, Bungee Runs, Arcade Machines, Human Table Football and Gladiator Jousting! Alongside this is the AfterShock Arena, which will put on Contortionists, Comedy Burlesque performances and Pyrotechnics.

Opening on Wednesday 7 June at 6pm and closing on Sunday 11 June at 4am, other events running in THE VILLAGE over the five days will be The Village Cinema ? which is scheduled to run England?s World Cup match against Paraguay, Snickers Bowl Afterhours which will show the best of Extreme Sports films and The Gibson/MySpace.com Stage (presenting Caberet courtesy of Area 51).

If there's enough of us there could be a Team HTGTH for the Human Football  Cheesy
Evolution
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2006, 09:19:27 PM »

I could sleep there alternatively  Cheesy
anythinggoes
« Reply #183 on: May 10, 2006, 09:26:35 PM »

I could sleep there alternatively  Cheesy
ha i thought of that too but readin the board for download once the headlinin act has finished non campsite ticket holders are booted outta village its a shame i was going to watch a film and go sleep
Evolution
« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2006, 09:32:16 PM »

Piss poor!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2006, 11:45:48 AM »

Bad news, camping sold out.....nuts....fuck....oops.....

....Good news is i've ordered my weekend ticket and im stopping at a friends who goes to university nearby so the Stonedmeister will be there....on the hill....with green and what not.....hell i might even getting a camping ticket on ebay so i can piss on Arron's tent Cheesy
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2006, 04:35:27 PM »

You bastard!

Not for the pissing on the tent. With any luck ill find my way into a ladies tent and you will end up pissing on an empty tent anyway. Wink

For not getting camping tickets anyway! How long have you had. Jeeeees. Stoner bastard!  Kiss
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2006, 04:59:17 PM »

For not getting camping tickets anyway! How long have you had. Jeeeees. Stoner bastard!? Kiss
Yeah....well blame my mate, we normally get tickets sorted at the same time so i was waiting for him, i still plan and nabbing one somehow then i can sleep in your tent since you'll be busy in some hot ladies tent Kiss smoking
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2006, 06:28:32 AM »

is it feasible to stay in nottingham, get a bus to the airport and then cab/walk to festival site?   anyone know my chances of getting from airport back to nottingham post gnr set?  Don't know whether to stay in Notts or Derby, or , or - anyone got a recommendation?

much appreciated! ok
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2006, 06:54:12 AM »

is it feasible to stay in nottingham, get a bus to the airport and then cab/walk to festival site?? ?anyone know my chances of getting from airport back to nottingham post gnr set?? Don't know whether to stay in Notts or Derby, or , or - anyone got a recommendation?

much appreciated! ok

The Download festival site is probably about a 45 minute drive from Nottingham in a car. Phoesability wise getting back to Nottingham after Guns will be nigh on impossible unless you get a lift with someone going back there. The trouble with GN'R as we all know, is that 1) They will be late. 2) They have been playing a massive 2 hour set in warm up shows, so combine that with 1) and you have a recipe for disaster for public transport.

anythinggoes
« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2006, 07:00:13 AM »

is it feasible to stay in nottingham, get a bus to the airport and then cab/walk to festival site?? ?anyone know my chances of getting from airport back to nottingham post gnr set?? Don't know whether to stay in Notts or Derby, or , or - anyone got a recommendation?

much appreciated! ok

The Download festival site is probably about a 45 minute drive from Nottingham in a car. Phoesability wise getting back to Nottingham after Guns will be nigh on impossible unless you get a lift with someone going back there. The trouble with GN'R as we all know, is that 1) They will be late. 2) They have been playing a massive 2 hour set in warm up shows, so combine that with 1) and you have a recipe for disaster for public transport.

im going back to Northamptonshire but i think ill be sleeping in my car that night no way im getting home at 4-5 in the morning
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2006, 07:06:16 AM »

Dude, change your signature to Donnington Download Festival instead of Derby. Its always been Donnington! Wink
Oh and go home man. Id rather drive home and have an extended lie in the next day rather that get a cricked neck by sleeping in your car. Unless you have a Hummer or a limo of course!! ;-)

anythinggoes
« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2006, 07:14:10 AM »

Dude, change your signature to Donnington Download Festival instead of Derby. Its always been Donnington! Wink
Oh and go home man. Id rather drive home and have an extended lie in the next day rather that get a cricked neck by sleeping in your car. Unless you have a Hummer or a limo of course!! ;-)

cheers i know its donnington but if i put donnington it moves down a line and looks shite so i went for general area instead as for driving back that night fuck that mate i will be not home till 2-3 on thursday up at 7 to go work then up at 2 the next night to drive down to stansted i will not be sleeping friday night i will then have to drive fom stansted to Donnington on Saturday i still havnt arranged any where to sleep that night so might be park bench somewhere and then i gotta do Sunday as well. probably not a good idea what im doing with all the driving involved  nervous
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2006, 07:38:09 AM »

hmmm - anywhere closer to donnington than notts that has cheap accomodation???  cheers for all the advice, thanks guys.  ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2006, 07:59:25 AM »

hmmm - anywhere closer to donnington than notts that has cheap accomodation?Huh cheers for all the advice, thanks guys.? ok
http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/overview-United_Kingdom_Leicestershire_England_Castle_Donington_Travelodge_Donington_Park-5202105.html

There's a link to a nearby Travelodge, i think they're normally cheap Wink
anythinggoes
« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2006, 08:06:40 AM »

hmmm - anywhere closer to donnington than notts that has cheap accomodation?Huh cheers for all the advice, thanks guys.? ok
http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/overview-United_Kingdom_Leicestershire_England_Castle_Donington_Travelodge_Donington_Park-5202105.html

?51 a night 10 miles away disabled smoking room ill stick to my car i thinks
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #196 on: May 21, 2006, 08:08:49 AM »

Well it said Donington Park....blah....i did not read it properly Tongue
anythinggoes
« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2006, 08:10:22 AM »

no mate you did read it right that one was full that was next availabilty sorry ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #198 on: May 21, 2006, 08:13:57 AM »

no mate you did read it right that one was full that was next availabilty sorry ok
Ahhh right, i'm not so stupid, well not quite Cheesy

I would offer my mate's place, but he probably would not be too keen, although he may not be there, it would involve sleeping on a floor....

.....if your female though you can have the bed Kiss
anythinggoes
« Reply #199 on: May 21, 2006, 08:19:49 AM »

Ahhh right, i'm not so stupid, well not quite Cheesy

I would offer my mate's place, but he probably would not be too keen, although he may not be there, it would involve sleeping on a floor....

.....if your female though you can have the bed Kiss

cheers mate but ill be fine in the car thanks anyhow beer
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: